Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,840 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck (9374 Views)

Watch how Baby Miraculously Survives An Earthquake (video) / Are You A Lark, An Owl Or Hummingbird? / Three Kidnapper Killed In Abraka,delta Victim Survives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by valdubem(m): 12:51pm On Dec 21, 2012
A miracle owl lived to fly another day after surviving a head-on collision with a moving Ford pickup.

The brown feathered bird was left with its head lodged firmly in the grill of the truck following the accidental smash in Addison County, Vermont, on December 11.

‘I received a call from the driver a little after five in the morning explaining that he had hit an owl,’ explained biologist David Sausville, of the Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department.

‘He said that the owl was still alive and was lodged in his truck.’

The man slowly drove the bird eight miles to where he worked before calling for help.

After Mr Sausville arrived at the scene, the pair worked together to free the tangled up owl who was hit as it swooped down on some prey.

Using a pair of thick welding gloves, the animal expert held the owl by its talons while the driver worked to remove its head from the grill.

Re: Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by Tascocent(m): 1:07pm On Dec 21, 2012
Just passing by wit Brand new Aeroplane 4rm MTN.................

3 Likes

Re: Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by ijebabe: 1:23pm On Dec 21, 2012
^ I hope you don't plan on starting that trend here undecided

Anything is news this 21st century, even terry g 'nacking' grin

If this was in Nigeria, that bird would have been dinner or a witch angry
lucky bird, see how cute it is!!!

3 Likes

Re: Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by Iaz93: 1:59pm On Dec 21, 2012
See the eyes... E for die sef.. idiat!

1 Like

Re: Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by yuzedo: 2:04pm On Dec 21, 2012
Awwww! The poor owl looks so sad like the Hulk punched the f*ck out of it! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 21, 2012
Tascocent: Just passing by wit Brand new Aeroplane 4rm MTN.................

I never knew mtn gave out toys too....cry

3 Likes

Re: Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by vanstanzy(m): 2:07pm On Dec 21, 2012
Sorry dude, this is Africa n such aint news around this part of the world. Funny thow! Next!!!

1 Like

Re: Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by LeCoq: 2:07pm On Dec 21, 2012
when i was little, they told me owls were witches.
Re: Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 21, 2012
ijebabe: ^ I hope you don't plan on starting that trend here undecided

Anything is news this 21st century, even terry g 'nacking' grin

If this was in Nigeria, that bird would have been dinner or a witch angry
lucky bird, see how cute it is!!!

Exactly my thoughts,the driver wld,ve panicked,swerved,run inside the bush path or hit another vehicle and blame witches and wizards or his enemies,then run to MFM and chant die,die,die to his enemies till he loses his voice.

2 Likes

Re: Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by freecocoa(f): 2:12pm On Dec 21, 2012
People dey hit other people leave them run for naija not to talk of owl wey them say be winch sef.

Thank God the owl is alive, hopefully him family go do thanksgiving on sunday.

@Ijebabe, that thing is not anywhere near cute abeg, its horrifyingly ugly.undecided
Re: Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by amosy007: 2:14pm On Dec 21, 2012
gbosaa:

Exactly my thoughts,the driver wld,ve panicked,swerved,run inside the bush path or hit another vehicle and blame witches and wizards or his enemies,then run to MFM and chant die,die,die to his enemies till he loses his voice.
grin grin grin
Re: Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2012
Awww! Look at that cute little thing. Lucky it didn't die, and the incident didn't happen in Nigeria.
Re: Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2012
undecided $wEEt!!
Re: Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by kingsceemark(m): 2:41pm On Dec 21, 2012
Devil, wicked bird
Re: Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by israel007: 2:49pm On Dec 21, 2012
This kind tthing no dey happen for Nigeria na. Who for take am from middle of road not to talk of go hospital. Many motor go kill am at different times. Even dog or goat we no dey carry go na owl wey no get owner....

Mtcheeeeeew. Abeg I hear say them remove subsidy from. Christmas. Somebody confirm abeg make I know weda to change plans

1 Like

Re: Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by TableLeg(m): 2:57pm On Dec 21, 2012
Die!Die!!Die!!! ... Devilish owl!

2 Likes

Re: Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by SlyIg(f): 3:56pm On Dec 21, 2012
Thank God it wasn't in Naija cos it wouldn't have been funny.
Prayers and curses would have been rained on d poor owl.

Back to sender...
Who ever sent that witch owl to that poor man,i bind and cast...
Whether na from village,we bind...
Whether na from work place,we cast...
Whether na from bad neighbor,back to sender...
You can not have that poor man's head this December.

1 Like

Re: Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by ijebabe: 4:01pm On Dec 21, 2012
gbosaa:

Lol! Don't mind them. Confused generation cheesy
Re: Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by ijebabe: 4:08pm On Dec 21, 2012
freecocoa: People dey hit other people leave them run for naija not to talk of owl wey them say be winch sef.

Thank God the owl is alive, hopefully him family go do thanksgiving on sunday.

@Ijebabe, that thing is not anywhere near cute abeg, its horrifyingly ugly.undecided
Ugly to you but not to me, I think they are beautiful. There are different species I'm sure you've never seen so don't be quick to judge based on some twisted 9ja mentality.
Re: Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by cynthiaibeabuchi(f): 4:30pm On Dec 21, 2012
Hahahahah lmao..nairaland no go kill me...av seen it al
Re: Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by Jeezy: 4:53pm On Dec 21, 2012
This made headlines Seriously?? undecided
Re: Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by ejifranks(m): 5:06pm On Dec 21, 2012
if it was in Nigeria the bird would have ended in the mans pot grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 21, 2012
Table Leg :
Die!Die!!Die!!! ... Devilish owl!
kingsceemark: Devil, wicked bird
They have arrived ooo. The die by fire crew.. grin
Re: Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by DidiLove1: 5:13pm On Dec 21, 2012
ijebabe:
Ugly to you but not to me, I think they are beautiful. There are different species I'm sure you've never seen so don't be quick to judge based on some twisted 9ja mentality.

You took this right out of me. Animals are one of nature's cutest creations. Beats me how folks fail to see that.
Re: Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by victokafor(m): 5:14pm On Dec 21, 2012
God's creature labelled as witch in this dark continent!!! Well thanks to people with large hearts. Animals are to be loved and not hated!!! Your situation in life hinges on the reality of law of attraction!!! Show love to God's creature and your life will never remain the same.
Re: Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by odumchi: 6:21pm On Dec 21, 2012
ejifranks: if it was in Nigeria the bird would have ended in the mans pot grin grin grin grin grin grin

You eat owl? shocked

Okooo!
Re: Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by Scissorshand(m): 6:24pm On Dec 21, 2012
SlyIg: Thank God it wasn't in Naija cos it wouldn't have been funny.
Prayers and curses would have been rained on d poor owl.

Back to sender...
Who ever sent that witch owl to that poor man,i bind and cast...
Whether na from village,we bind...
Whether na from work place,we cast...
Whether na from bad neighbor,back to sender...
You can not have that poor man's head this December.

What you wrote is exactly what I told my wife,we Nigerians(most of us,myself inclusive) would say.Abi now,why would an owl want to headbutt the poor man's truck at around 5a.m,on the road?!!!He get as he be nah.

1 Like

Re: Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by smartg(m): 6:27pm On Dec 21, 2012
If na for naija u carry dis of thing go hospital, doctor go first carry u go check weda your head correct so. If nothing do you, na for police station be the next place we them go carry you go
Re: Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by phoneport(m): 6:52pm On Dec 21, 2012
IF NA FOR NIJA, THAT OWL WOULD VE ENDED UP IN A POT OF SOUP.
Re: Owl Survives Head-on Collision With Pickup Truck by Jakumo(m): 7:04pm On Dec 21, 2012
As far as I am concerned, this mystery owl incident is proof positive that the world will NOT end today, December 21, 2012 at 2100 hours, as originally scheduled by the ancient Mayans.

Now, how do I go about retrieving all my wordly posessions that I gave away to strangers while I was under the assumption that I would have no further need for them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Became A Sex Slave To My Aunty, Now A Sex Addict! Male Reader Writes / Any Post Office In Ogun State (sango Ota)????? / Wema Bank Announces Call For Entries For Its Youth-focused Hackathon, Hackaholic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.