Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

How An American Lady Converted To Islam - Islam for Muslims (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How An American Lady Converted To Islam (31111 Views)

'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday / Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by zainnyronky: 9:03am On Dec 27, 2012
Alihamdulilahi for that, I am happy for her may almighty Allah make it easy for her $ don't let her abandon it again
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by usermane(m): 9:10am On Dec 27, 2012
HOLD IT!,HOLD IT!!,NAIRALANDERS I SAID HOLD IT!!!
This is an informative thread,not a debative or arguementative thread. Simple news- AMERICAN LADY CONVERTS TO ISLAM.
All these outbursts, comments after comments tells how insecure some believers are about their faith and how scared they are of facing their insecurity of faith.
One Advice ; Insecurity tears the soul to shreds... even much faster than self hatred. If u are insecure about your faith, it ain't too late to press the Reset botton,go back and confront your pastor or imam. That would help rather than filling 100 nairaland pages with hate speech,false accusations,insults and malicious words.

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Abbeymakanki22: 9:24am On Dec 27, 2012
Y is it dt islam religion is so hard ad selfish,am 4rm a muslim bck ground,bt i prefer xtain ,bcoz d religion is so peaceful ad cul...
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by topatee: 9:39am On Dec 27, 2012
usermane: HOLD IT!,HOLD IT!!,NAIRALANDERS I SAID HOLD IT!!!
This is an informative thread,not a debative or arguementative thread. Simple news- AMERICAN LADY CONVERTS TO ISLAM.
All these outbursts, comments after comments tells how insecure some believers are about their faith and how scared they are of facing their insecurity of faith.
One Advice ; Insecurity tears the soul to shreds... even much faster than self hatred. If u are insecure about your faith, it ain't too late to press the Reset botton,go back and confront your pastor or imam. That would help rather than filling 100 nairaland pages with hate speech,false accusations,insults and malicious words.

I dont know what defines insecurity if churches where innocent Nigerian go to worship are target of attacks
Yes we all agree, anybody can switch from whatever faith, I dont have any issue with that but please inform the general NLders the evil of killing and maiming all in the name of faith
Most NLders post comments on Pastors who they judge have gone excess, nobody have issue a death warrant, let be civil in dealing with each other
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by tbaba1234: 9:49am On Dec 27, 2012
Sincerely, I do not see the reasons for all the debates.

A lady converted, watch the video and move on, ignore and move on.

I see that many Christians are fed with lies and halftruths about Islam. Many have never even read the Quran for themselves to see what it says. In the US, Christian talk radio talks mainly about Islam, hilarious stuff if it wasn't so sad that people take it as truth, it would make good stand-up comedy.

The vast majority of Muslims are caught between extremists from both sides. Those who want to blow up things and those who regard all Muslims as evil..

Inspite of all this, Islam is experiencing rapid growth in the west. People who make genuine research will appreciate it more even if they don't convert.

The key is understanding each other better, we can't live together with this kind of bitterness.

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 27, 2012
BetaThings:

Some Christian terror organisations

National Liberation Front of Tripura - India
Irish Republican Army - Northern Ireland
Iron Guard and Lăncieri - Romania
Lord's Resistance Army - Uganda

Abortion clinics are bombed by Christians
thank U very much, u acted exactly d way I so much anticipated ie how i see a classical muslim, high percentage being predicatable. U didn't d exact tn i said u should do instead of defending ur so called islam of peace, u ar giving me lists of christian terrorism, so it means dat wat d pakistani man did was really applauded at by ur brotherhood, u know my way na dat i can't conclude this without calling u somtn, so choose from d lists d one u'l love;
imbechile: they don't hav sense but they alive.
Heediot: an advanced id*iot, just dat his brain is cut out.
Anumpama; an advanced fool
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 27, 2012
misterh: . Once more, you don't have Islamic knowledge. Where did you learn that it is a must for Muslims to visit Mecca? You go to Hajj if you have the means (wealth, health). Only once is enough, any one after that is sunnah. You shld also note that Prophet Muhammed (SAW) did Hajj once during his lifetime. It's not a do or die affair. As regards the issue of title, when a person becomes a prof, the prefix 'prof' is added. JP is also added to anyone who has visited Israel.
dat knight issue is a church group somtn and dosen't concern pilgrimage at all, my hod dr anyaka is a knight and haven't being 2 israel, just like ur fellow muslims, very predictable, leaving the question unanswered and posing anoda question in confusion. And who told u itz not a most in islam 2 go to mecca, i know i did very well in social studies
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 27, 2012
ignis:
Jihad simply means 'Holy War'.

Ask me the meaning of Holy war.
i no need ask u wetin holy war mean as far as islam is concerned but 4 d benefit of doubt, is spilling of blood involved?
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 27, 2012
misterh: Terrorists claiming to be Muslims does not mean they are doing what Islam preaches. They are not models for Islam. If you wanna understand Islam, consult the Qur'an and the Hadith. Abt the movie, Islam is totally against the killing of innocents. What you saw then was 'mob-ocracy'. What a good Muslim would av done was to engage in intellectual rebuttal and not violence.
but wat am seeing in the world and if some research is done is dat this good muslims ar just 2% of the whole muslim world which I don't know if u truly mean wat u just said now
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 27, 2012
teniyi:

Don't mix things up please, Olumba Olumba, Ogboni, Guru Maharaji etc are all brand of Christianity, so how will Islam looks like them than Christianity?
sharrrrap notin concerns doz cult group wid christianity just dat they ar practiced wer christians ar predominant like d se, ss and w. It looks like islam cos of d blood spillage just dat islam seems more ferocious and spills theirs senselessly
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 27, 2012
ignis:
Why such comment? Your comment is obnoxious and unreasonable. How will you feel if one say that Boko Haram is a brand of Islam?
Pls let's stop this religious war. It won't help.
it just started and won't stop except nairaland is closed
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 27, 2012
teniyi:

What are the identities of a cult? One important one is the unfriendliness and their inability to fellowship together.
If you check Christianity today, its a common trait. So all christians are cultists.
one of the properties of cult is brotherhood, fighting for a course.. From wat u said dat attribute fits islam cos u ar unfriendly and quick to slaughter an infidel and for the fellowshipping 2geda, u should make urself clear cos i can see kpurukutu in action
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by tbaba1234: 10:27am On Dec 27, 2012
^ Jihad does not mean holy war.. It means struggle. It encompasses every struggle you make. Striving really hard to pass an exam is a jihad. Working hard to take care of the family is a jihad. Fighting against injustice with or without arms is a jihad.

It is a disservice to the word to use it only for armed struggle. The first time it was mentioned in the Quran,it was not in the context of armed struggle.

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 27, 2012
teniyi:

But you believed when Jesus said "in my father's house there MANY MANSION"?
did he say we should kill 2 occupy a mansion? And i know say una go stil fight over who phucks d virgin or not in ur abyss prepared by ur allah
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 27, 2012
ignis:
Holy war is a peaceful war against the enemies of Islam.
is der any war dat is preaceful plz? And moreover islam made us her enemy wid'ot us knowing we even had an enemy called islam cos we don't even see islam as an enemy but just as some background somtn running like a screensaver
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 27, 2012
teniyi:

Where is the peace? People convert to Christianity daily but more people also convert to Islam. For Christianity, mainly its between one type of Christian Cult or the other and you still call it conversion, "burning again" everyday.

If Michael Jackson didn't convert, at least you can't deny that of Jamaine Jackson and also Janet that you will soon stop seeing her nude pictures after coming to Islam.

Finally, a thread like this should be open by an interested person. When a topic of christianity origin is brought to front page, muslims don't go there to spoil it, but if the topic is for the muslims, people like you will be there to insult, the beloved prophet and Islam.

You can't even spell the word Muslim correctly, wetin be muslem?
muslim can be moslem or moslim, it can be anytn, itz valueless, redundant, barbaric, disgusting, abhorring, smelly, shitty, looks like menstrual water, a day old chicks poo, slimy, dangerous, infact itz worthless. Am stil coming.. I need to eat first cos am really enjoying how stupid dz muslims ar becoming and i want to talk. I know some muslims will be looking 4 me now and wish they can see me to slaughter me
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Eazeee(m): 11:14am On Dec 27, 2012
maclatunji:

It is not a matter of knowing Jesus' (AS) birthday. The question is: why do you need to lie about it? Not only that, sell it to the world as the truth. Jesus never sold that lie- it is you his so called "followers" that are selling it for your own selfish reasons and egos. It is not a problem to me but a problem to you- let it be clear that you are selling deceit to the people. tongue

i dont really know how a retarded muslem like u finds himsef hia. Anyway u ask about deceit,what deceit? Christ has a humble birth in a manger wen dey hav beta places 4 child birth n considering d attempt on his life prevented having an accurate record as only mathematical assumption can b made. Once again i ask wat business do u hav wit christians celebrating christmas on 25 Dec? Are u a christian? Or has it bcom a threat 2 ur religion dat u find it difficult 2 accept? Am not suprise though because most islamic preachers hav notin 2 preach 4rom d koran but rather focus on criticising christianity e.g just check dis dia peace station on My Tv wia dia focus is on criticising christianity. Bros islam has notin 2 offer u,beta u wake up on time. Thank God u said Islam recognises Jesus Christ,but unfortunately christianity did not recognise Mohammed may b because he is irrelevant n perharp a nobody. Accept reality dude
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 27, 2012
[quote author=maclatunji]

Hehehehe! Yeah right- God was asking God for help whilst on Earth? Don't be silly. I know all of this is a lot for you to take because you have been fed with it all your life but it is time to free yourself from "Living in bondage (Part 1000)". cheesy cheesy grin[/quote) answer the damn question heediot, y did ur mohammed snatch som1s wife? Stop making ur foolishness look deep like d pacific ocean
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 27, 2012
jerseyboy:

He was meeting up in the mountain with Segio, an errant and lunatic monk excommunicated from the church in Rome. Sergio was looking for his pound of flesh to get back at the church so he sowed these seeds of disjointed theology to an ambitious mohamed hence Islam can never make sense.
dat was wer d stupidity of islam started

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by maclatunji: 11:23am On Dec 27, 2012
Eazee-e:

i dont really know how a retarded muslem like u finds himsef hia. Anyway u ask about deceit,what deceit? Christ has a humble birth in a manger wen dey hav beta places 4 child birth n considering d attempt on his life prevented having an accurate record as only mathematical assumption can b made. Once again i ask wat business do u hav wit christians celebrating christmas on 25 Dec? Are u a christian? Or has it bcom a threat 2 ur religion dat u find it difficult 2 accept? Am not suprise though because most islamic preachers hav notin 2 preach 4rom d koran but rather focus on criticising christianity e.g just check dis dia peace station on My Tv wia dia focus is on criticising christianity. Bros islam has notin 2 offer u,beta u wake up on time. Thank God u said Islam recognises Jesus Christ,but unfortunately christianity did not recognise Mohammed may b because he is irrelevant n perharp a nobody. Accept reality dude

Hehehehe- The deluded thinks he is fantastic and as such anybody who doesn't think he is fantastic is deluded in his thinking. #Ironic
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 27, 2012
maclatunji:

You asked questions? I am so busy I just come-in here to give you lot the run-around. If I get time for you ehn! Some of you no go sleep.grin

@bolded, which canal are we talking about here? Oke Afa, Idi Araba, Gbagada or Ajegunle? grin grin grin

Your carnal mind has not mastered the carnal world and you want to teach me spirituality? No make me e-smack you O. grin
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 27, 2012
adaybayor:

Who said it is compulsory to go to hajj? So people go to jerusalem for fun and not for worship? You are a bleeping hypocrite to talk about the title, what is JP if I may ask? You are just one of the deluded lots.
will this hopeless togolese stop shouting, dat mohammed was an illitrate, I asked how did he compile d koran and instead u side talked about it. Am no hypocrite and see how u shallowingly concluded on a post u didn't understand, just cos ur smoke tight brain failed u dosen't mean I didn't know wat I wrote, defend ur useless religion and stop showing d medium 2ru wich u wer born
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 27, 2012
tplacid: Gandhi once said 'I like your christ but I don't like your christians, your christians are so unlike your christ'. It's so sad that a thread for Muslims is populated by Christians accusing Muslims of terrorism and calling our beloved prophet names on a Muslim thread.
Am starting to getting a feeling that Some christians are so insecure about their religion which they go to any length to make Islam look like a false religion cos I go to other religion thread and I don't comment so I see no reason why some christians should come here and start negative things about a religion they know nothing about, IMO it's just a show of aggression and ignorance. Sadly, some ignorant Muslims are not helping matters.

To all christians I think you think deep and ask yourself some serious questions, if Islam is a religion of terrorist as you claim why are over 1billions Muslims the world over not exterminated all non-Muslims.

All the so called terrorist organisation carry out their operations in Muslim populated countries/areas/cities which results in high number Muslim victims(the media will tell you otherwise cos that's what they want you to believe, remember how CNN told the world that Iraq had a WMD but they didn't)

Christians call Prophet Muhammed all kinds of names but we Muslims continue to show love and respect for Jesus.

However, it's big news if someone in country where Islam is labelled as false religion covert to Islam despite the propaganda, mind control and brainwash. It's new if prominent stars like Thierry Henry, Frank Ribery, Muhammed Ali covert to a religion that is most hated in world. So i implore all christians that hate Islam should realise that if Jesus(AS)and Muhammed(PBUH) they would be best of friends and not get themselves involved in all these name calling done by followers of both prophets.
y won't u show love 2 jesus wen he was acknowledged in ir quoran or watever it is and never say anytn like love in islam
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 27, 2012
jerseyboy:

1. Christians are insecure not about their religion but the safety of their lives with them being killed and maimed every Sunday. Islam is the aggressor and the ignorant cult masquerading as a religion.

2. Non Muslims are not interested in exterminating anyone. All major religions on earth (Islam is not a religion, it is an instrument of terror) forbid their followers to kill or harm any human. Christianity even forbids self defense against aggression.

3. It does not bother Christians whatever abuse you put on Jesus. That in itself is the ultimate sign of being secure in your belief. Jesus does not need Muslim love and respect. Just stop killing his people.

Finally what do you think will happen to Islam without the condemnation of death put on adherents who leave the cult? It will collapse universally as it is collapsing in south west Nigeria, Sierra Leone etc. Only FORCE can keep Islam around. And it wont be for long as we are in an age of super enlightenment. Only culture , habit, rebellion and terror can keep anyone a Muslim.

tank u and God bless
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 27, 2012
tbaba1234: ^ Jihad does not mean holy war.. It means struggle. It encompasses every struggle you make. Striving really hard to pass an exam is a jihad. Working hard to take care of the family is a jihad. Fighting against injustice with or without arms is a jihad.

It is a disservice to the word to use it only for armed struggle. The first time it was mentioned in the Quran,it was not in the context of armed struggle.

stop twisting d jihad i know and d one dat usman dan fodio carried out in my social studies... Bunch of liers
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by ikachi1: 10:27pm On Dec 28, 2012
Jihad to those terrorists means "Kill all unbelievers". That is not the meaning of Jihad. I am not a muslim but my muslim friend told me that Jihad can only be waged when Muslims are prevented from praticing their faith or percecuted for their faith. Just like their Mohammed was prevented from practicing his faith along with his converts and he they had to fight.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by maclatunji: 12:21am On Dec 29, 2012
bukatyne: we are lying about Jesus' birth because of our egos? What won't i read on NL! Get it Mr., we are not celebrating His chronological birthday, we are celebrating the significance of His birth and anytime we choose to do so is our right and business. Yes, you can sing the song... Mary's boy child Jesus Christ was born on christmas day ... And now we live forever more b'cos of Christmas day... and you will be 100% correct!

Your ego is blinding you from hearing the contradiction that is screaming out for attention within your post. You chose a day that is not Jesus' birthday to celebrate his birth and then say it is "100% correct" to say he was born on that day.

Babe, open your eyes.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Ngwakwe: 2:05am On Dec 29, 2012
How sure are you that He was not born on 25th December?

I can't prove it, so can't you.

Limit your suspicious challenge for now and let's move on.

maclatunji:

Your ego is blinding you from hearing the contradiction that is screaming out for attention within your post. You chose a day that is not Jesus' birthday to celebrate his birth and then say it is "100% correct" to say he was born on that day.

Babe, open your eyes.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by DanielNoble(m): 6:55am On Dec 29, 2012
tbaba1234: Sincerely, I do not see the reasons for all the debates.

A lady converted, watch the video and move on, ignore and move on.

I see that many Christians are fed with lies and halftruths about Islam. Many have never even read the Quran for themselves to see what it says. In the US, Christian talk radio talks mainly about Islam, hilarious stuff if it wasn't so sad that people take it as truth, it would make good stand-up comedy.

The vast majority of Muslims are caught between extremists from both sides. Those who want to blow up things and those who regard all Muslims as evil..

Inspite of all this, Islam is experiencing rapid growth in the west. People who make genuine research will appreciate it more even if they don't convert.

The key is understanding each other better, we can't live together with this kind of bitterness.

islam is growing in the west becos of liberty of worship in the west. It's hard for christianity in arabia,iran,egypt and syria cause of the nature of islam and their laws.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by DanielNoble(m): 6:59am On Dec 29, 2012
Movingcoil: dat knight issue is a church group somtn and dosen't concern pilgrimage at all, my hod dr anyaka is a knight and haven't being 2 israel, just like ur fellow muslims, very predictable, leaving the question unanswered and posing anoda question in confusion. And who told u itz not a most in islam 2 go to mecca, i know i did very well in social studies
if you can afford it is a must.is a among the 5 pillars of islam.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by maclatunji: 7:34am On Dec 30, 2012
Ngwakwe: How sure are you that He was not born on 25th December?

I can't prove it, so can't you.

Limit your suspicious challenge for now and let's move on.

It is fact that hasn't been disputed by Christians even on this thread, don't be lazy, seek for knowledge.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 30, 2012
tura tura, tura tura, tura na soap

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Do You Know Who Killed Abu Jahl ? ¿ It Was Children ! Click To Read More / Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? / Would You Prefer To Live In An Islamic Country?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70