Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year (5107 Views)

Osun Government Provides Free Train Service For Sallah / Christmas: Okorocha Provides Free Buses For Imo Indigenes In Lagos & Ibadan / Gov.t.a.orji's Yuletide Season- Free Transport Scheme For Abians @sundry Places (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by OsunIfe: 10:48am On Dec 22, 2012
Osun State Government has announced free transportation for passengers ready to travel from Lagos to the state and from the state to Lagos during Christmas and New Year seasons.

In a statement signed by the Director of Communications and Strategy, Mr. Semiu Okanlawon, the free train service will commence on December 23.
According to the statement, the Omoluabi Train, as it is branded, would convey passengers from Lagos to Osogbo December 23 and 24 by 9:00 am daily.

The statement added that the train would convey passengers from Osogbo to Lagos by 10: 00 am on December 26.
There would be return trips from Lagos to Oshogbo between December 30 and January 1st, 2013 by 9.00 am daily, the statement added. A final trip from Osogbo to Lagos would follow on January 2nd by 10: 00 am.

“This arrangement by the Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola administration to the people, who intend to visit home during the Christmas and the New Year, is to ensure that they do not experience hardship associated with public transportation during this season,” the statement added.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=108384:osun-provides-free-transport-for-xmas-new-year-&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

1 Like

Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by PaulJohn1: 12:04pm On Dec 22, 2012
Not bad
Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 22, 2012
Na wa for ACN propagand. They have turned GEJ transformation in the rail sector to "omoluabi train". Anyway, provided they always give credit to whom it is due. To GEJ for restoring rail transport and to the governor for paying the train transport fare for his people on those particular days.

1 Like

Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by GARRIx7(m): 1:42pm On Dec 22, 2012
See dis mumu oooo...... shocked shocked
Always trying to associate ur inept leader with Good news. Now it is GEJ's transformation, but when people try to steal under the guise of building a house for Sambo, you are quick to point at the ministries... You are a terrible hypocrite....

4 Likes

Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by taharqa: 3:01pm On Dec 22, 2012
GARRI (x7):
See dis mumu oooo...... shocked shocked
Always trying to associate ur inept leader with Good news. Now it is GEJ's transformation, but when people try to steal under the guise of building a house for Sambo, you are quick to point at the ministries... You are a terrible hypocrite....
I think you and d oda ACN goons are d HYPOCRITES here.... I thought u guys said dat GEJ is 'clueless' and is not doing anything? How come u guys are now SUBTLY passing d provision of free rides on 'HIS TRAINS' by Osun state as sm sort of 'achievement' by Aregbe? 'Omoluabi' trains my azzz... I wish d commuters safe journey joor

3 Likes

Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by abrat: 3:25pm On Dec 22, 2012
KUDOS to GEJ for restoring rail transport and Nice1 from Aregbe for making it free this festive period.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by GARRIx7(m): 3:28pm On Dec 22, 2012
taharqa: I think you and d oda ACN goons are d HYPOCRITES here.... I thought u guys said dat GEJ is 'clueless' and is not doing anything? How come u guys are now SUBTLY passing d provision of free rides on 'HIS TRAINS' by Osun state as sm sort of 'achievement' by Aregbe? 'Omoluabi' trains my azzz... I wish d commuters safe journey joor
F00l, tell me who's paying the t-fares...

2 Likes

Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by taharqa: 4:36pm On Dec 22, 2012
GARRI (x7):

F00l, tell me who's paying the t-fares...
Hehehehe...i mean i always knew u were a dedicatd goon but didnt know u were dis DENSE!! Who is paying d t-fares? U've gat to be kidding me *laughing*.... Aregbe might just hv paid a group of wheelbarrow pushers t-fare to tk ppl 4rm Lag to Osun, lol.... Good job Aregbe, though
Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by demmy(m): 5:22pm On Dec 22, 2012
abrat: KUDOS to GEJ for restoring rail transport and Nice1 from Aregbe for making it free this festive period.

I don't know why you're giving kudos to GEJ for "restoring rail transport". GEJ restored nothing. This project was awarded by OBJ and then canceled and reawarded by Yar'Adua.

6 Likes

Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 22, 2012
Wonderful, this is one good way to know a clueless governor.

One governor i know in the southeast does thesame and he went far to the extent of deploying graders to grade dusty roads to give an impression that construction work is on a high note in the state.
Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by Kaxmytex(m): 5:46pm On Dec 22, 2012
Nice one
Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 22, 2012
Why would anyone be thankful to a government when they do their job ? It is the responsibility of a government to provide basic infrastructures to the governed. The Federal Government and Osun State Government can get no thank you from me for doing their job.

6 Likes

Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by Hailedin9ja: 5:54pm On Dec 22, 2012
Ogbeni is seriously learning from Lagos.
Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 22, 2012
nigerianhero: nice one
Are you paying for all these discomforting adverts ? Where are these overzealous MODs ?

1 Like

Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by taharqa: 5:59pm On Dec 22, 2012
demmy:

I don't know why you're giving kudos to GEJ for "restoring rail transport". GEJ restored nothing. This project was awarded by OBJ and then canceled and reawarded by Yar'Adua.
Obj awarded it (the way sm odas b4 him also awarded it and faild to deliver) and was cancelld. Yar'adua re-awarded in 2009 and died aftaways leaving d entire project and most of its funding to GEJ who DID it...... You must be a clown my guy; try harder nx time..

2 Likes

Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by emiye(m): 6:00pm On Dec 22, 2012
Billyonaire: Why would anyone be thankful to a government when they do their job ? It is the responsibility of a government to provide basic infrastructures to the governed. The Federal Government and Osun State Government can get no thank you from me for doing their job.

You mean it is the job of Osun state Government to pay for commuters transport fare ?

Far from it, i think the state govt. has gone beyond the call of duty. Even you yourself know it. the state govt should be applauded

3 Likes

Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 22, 2012
emiye:
You mean it is the job of Osun state Government to pay for commuters transport fare ?
Far from it, i think the state govt. has gone beyond the call of duty. Even you yourself know it. the state govt should be applauded
You choose to, and I choose not to. Logically, if the respective State Governments did their jobs, millions of people in train loads from each State wont migrate to Lagos including me. People need to start demanding their rights from their State Governments cos every State receives allocation from Abuja every 4/5 weeks. What are they doing with the phucking billions they receive every 4 weeks ? And you applaud them for paying train which cost nothing ? Think Emiye, Think!!!

5 Likes

Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by emiye(m): 6:15pm On Dec 22, 2012
Billyonaire: You choose to, and I choose not to. Logically, if the respective State Governments did their jobs, millions of people in train loads from each State wont migrate to Lagos including me. People need to start demanding their rights from their State Governments cos every State receives allocation from Abuja every 4/5 weeks. What are they doing with the phucking billions they receive every 4 weeks ? And you applaud them for paying train which cost nothing ? Think Emiye, Think!!!

"for paying train which cost nothing"? Do you pay for something that is free?
It is not the state obligation to do that, it is magnanimity of the state govt.,I think it is you that needs to think, Think .....

3 Likes

Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by babkazy: 6:16pm On Dec 22, 2012
demmy:

kudos to OBJ and yardua

2 Likes

Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by Symphony007: 6:17pm On Dec 22, 2012
The hired buses will still encounter the ghastly roads won't they? In my view that money would have been used to patch up roads so people can travel safely for the holidays. I think they'll be more gratefull than pulling each others hairs and cloths dragging to enter your free buses.

1 Like

Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 22, 2012
emiye:

"for paying train which cost nothing"? Do you pay for something that is free?
It is not the state obligation to do that, it is magnanimity of the state govt.,I think it is you that needs to think, Think .....

Many people on this forum will disagree with you, I am sure of that. It is not magnanimity when a Government does her job. In better climes there are food stamps for those who cant afford meals and there are free medicare and social security and even refunds. It is a norm. And you dont have to be well traveled to know that the governor is your servant and is supposed to meet your basic needs.

4 Likes

Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by geeez: 6:22pm On Dec 22, 2012
Symphony007: The hired buses will still encounter the ghastly roads won't they? In my view that money would have been used to patch up roads so people can travel safely for the holidays. I think they'll be more gratefull than pulling each others hairs and cloths dragging to enter your free buses.

This is an intellectual premature e.jaculation from a dumb eediot
Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by dayokanu(m): 6:28pm On Dec 22, 2012
Billyonaire: Many people on this forum will disagree with you, I am sure of that. It is not magnanimity when a Government does her job. In better climes there are food stamps for those who cant afford meals and there are free medicare and social security and even refunds. It is a norm. And you dont have to be well traveled to know that the governor is your servant and is supposed to meet your basic needs.

Travelling home expenses is not a required of any govt anywhere. This is purely the goodwill of Osun State to its indigenes

2 Likes

Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 22, 2012
dayokanu:

Travelling home expenses is not a required of any govt anywhere. This is purely the goodwill of Osun State to its indigenes
It is not goodwill. They are not paying from their pocket, in fact, they will inflate the expense and pocket the difference. The money comes from State Budget, and State Money is the people's money. Jeeeezzzz How can I make you understand.

6 Likes

Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by Balloa1(m): 6:40pm On Dec 22, 2012
Where will d train take off? 4 d benefit of us @ badagry area?
Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by 401kk: 6:47pm On Dec 22, 2012
Billyonaire: It is not goodwill. They are not paying from their pocket, in fact, they will inflate the expense and pocket the difference. The money comes from State Budget, and State Money is the people's money. Jeeeezzzz How can I make you understand.

No matter what you call it or how you see it, the beneficiaries will be happy and thank the state government.

1 Like

Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by emiye(m): 6:49pm On Dec 22, 2012
Billyonaire: Many people on this forum will disagree with you, I am sure of that. It is not magnanimity when a Government does her job. In better climes there are food stamps for those who cant afford meals and there are free medicare and social security and even refunds. It is a norm. And you dont have to be well traveled to know that the governor is your servant and is supposed to meet your basic needs.

I dont care if ALL people on this forum diagree with me. I dont do herds mentality.

This country is what it is now, because, people like you are in the majority
Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 22, 2012
emiye:

I dont care if ALL people on this forum diagree with me. I dont do herds mentality.

This country is what it is now, because, people like you are in the majority

This country is better because people like me are in the majority. It depends on your condition.
Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by PointB: 7:11pm On Dec 22, 2012
Introducing O'Train by AregbeRascal. Now I can travel to Oshogbo, Osun State with my kinsmen and back, on AregbeRascal's account. Wonderful!
Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by charlsecy4(m): 7:48pm On Dec 22, 2012
Osun State has been in the news for good purposes these days...
Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by Kobojunkie: 8:03pm On Dec 22, 2012
emiye:

Applauded for what? Using limited state funds in this way?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Positive Things Restructuring Nigeria Will Bring! - Foreign Diplomat Reveals / BREAKING!Nigeria Ambassador In China Have Collected All Nigerian Passport Seized / BREAKING NEWS ON IGHOHO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.