Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year (5106 Views)

Osun Government Provides Free Train Service For Sallah / Christmas: Okorocha Provides Free Buses For Imo Indigenes In Lagos & Ibadan / Gov.t.a.orji's Yuletide Season- Free Transport Scheme For Abians @sundry Places (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by slimfit1(m): 8:11pm On Dec 22, 2012
I don't no why people are aquing as if he provided a service that is like a bullet train. It's a good way to enlighten people and get the trains busy again. I'm sure the train is still on it way . Less pressure on the motor way.
Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by ajayi147(m): 8:45pm On Dec 22, 2012
Na somtin b dat,free bus.na wetin ur mate dey do b dat?
Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by sundaybam(m): 9:00pm On Dec 22, 2012
Nice 1
Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 22, 2012
Billyonaire: It is not goodwill. They are not paying from their pocket, in fact, they will inflate the expense and pocket the difference. The money comes from State Budget, and State Money is the people's money. Jeeeezzzz How can I make you understand.
Don't bother to make him understand.He will never understand.Typical Naija mentality,when government do there work,they start praising them.By the way mr Aregbesola,who will pay the transport fare of people coming to Osogbo from other part of Nigeria??
Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by jmaine: 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2012
PointB: Introducing [size=14pt]O'Train[/size] by AregbeRascal. Now I can travel to Oshogbo, Osun State with my kinsmen and back, on AregbeRascal's account. Wonderful!

grin

1 Like

Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by popsonbabs(m): 9:30pm On Dec 22, 2012
My follow pple on Nairaland, when a govt do something good, let give them kudos, i have being in South Africa for many years, have never see their govt paying for citizens' transport fare instead transport fare rise up during festive period. So Aregbesola should be applauded for the good deed.

1 Like

Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by vandarsar(m): 11:36pm On Dec 22, 2012
Everybody is Hippocrate so shut up and drive!
taharqa: I think you and d oda ACN goons are d HYPOCRITES here.... I thought u guys said dat GEJ is 'clueless' and is not doing anything? How come u guys are now SUBTLY passing d provision of free rides on 'HIS TRAINS' by Osun state as sm sort of 'achievement' by Aregbe? 'Omoluabi' trains my azzz... I wish d commuters safe journey joor
Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by koruji(m): 1:02am On Dec 23, 2012
Joke of the century cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Billyonaire: This country is better because people like me are in the majority. It depends on your condition.
Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by koruji(m): 1:12am On Dec 23, 2012
Ignor-arrog-ance is troubling you nay-sayers over here.
You think the man is a fool?
He is promoting goodwill for the state, and helping to keep her citizens happier during this period.
It is well-known that road transporters jack up prices during this period.
Aregbesola provides a service that avoids that extortion for a few thousand people (that need it most) by paying for their transport at a pre-arranged cost.
The money the visitors would have spent on transport would be used to celebrate the festival.
The Osogbo economy benefits and the people are happier.

PointB: Introducing O'Train by AregbeRascal. Now I can travel to Oshogbo, Osun State with my kinsmen and back, on AregbeRascal's account. Wonderful!

1 Like

Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by dayokanu(m): 6:30am On Dec 23, 2012
Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by dayokanu(m): 6:32am On Dec 23, 2012
Aregbesola and Oyinlola meets at Miccoms burial

Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by maasoap(m): 7:08am On Dec 23, 2012
I am really surprise to discover that so many people are not that informed despite coming here everyday! The train belongs to osun state government and it was in service last year christmas when people paid nothing for transport. Osun state is already in agreement with NRC for than a year. Osun train has nothing to do with GEJ train. Osun govt is not paying anybody coz the train belongs to her.
Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by wellmax(m): 7:14am On Dec 23, 2012
dessy002:
Don't bother to make him understand.He will never understand.Typical Naija mentality,when government do there work,they start praising them.By the way mr Aregbesola,who will pay the transport fare of people coming to Osogbo from other part of Nigeria??

[size=15pt]Too many mumus here on NL.
Must you talk? SMH[/size]
Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by Ngwakwe: 9:48am On Dec 23, 2012
If the provision of transportation or paying for it, is a sign of good governance then go back to your newspaper archives and start congratulating the Mallam Governors and past Military Administrators followed by their South East Counterparts for a job well done.

Ineffective governments will always seek to balance their incompetence with one politically motivated goodwill.

I will always prefer earning money through employment and paying tax than receiving undue social handouts from the Government.

The Government should do their job and then provide the enabling environment for prosperity..

1 Like

Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by Rexyl(m): 2:27pm On Dec 23, 2012
Thanks to good governance and the beginning of good things to come from exemplary leadership and proper planning for better tomorrow. But the first kudos to the Federal government of Nigeria that promises and works towards achieving positive changes which shall continue to provide suitable grounds for the states to deliver dividends of democracy to their people.
Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by smartg(m): 5:01pm On Dec 23, 2012
I wish fashola could do the same thing for those who want to leave lagos state permanently with all their family but could not do so because of high T.fees, so that these people will go back to their places(states) nd leave lagos state for him, just as he always demand.
Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by juman(m): 5:01pm On Dec 23, 2012
I would rather go from Lagos to my village borrowing one of the presidential jet. grin grin
Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by koruji(m): 6:01pm On Dec 23, 2012
You are just waking up to write nonsense.
Yes, ineffective governors could use goodwill gestures to cover incompetence.
Does that mean performing governors cannot make goodwill gestures or that if they do make such gestures they must be incompetent?
May be so in the oblongata from where you produced the below.
Aregbesola is a performing and thinking governor.

Ngwakwe: If the provision of transportation or paying for it, is a sign of good governance then go back to your newspaper archives and start congratulating the Mallam Governors and past Military Administrators followed by their South East Counterparts for a job well done.

Ineffective governments will always seek to balance their incompetence with one politically motivated goodwill.

I will always prefer earning money through employment and paying tax than receiving undue social handouts from the Government.

The Government should do their job and then provide the enabling environment for prosperity..
Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by Ngwakwe: 6:49pm On Dec 23, 2012
What made him better than other Governors that would warrant an accolade for inconsequential function of his office.

Praise Singers who think that Governor runs the State from his purse.

koruji: You are just waking up to write nonsense.
Yes, ineffective governors could use goodwill gestures to cover incompetence.
Does that mean performing governors cannot make goodwill gestures or that if they do make such gestures they must be incompetent?
May be so in the oblongata from where you produced the below.
Aregbesola is a performing and thinking governor.

Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by Guk: 9:13pm On Dec 23, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: Na wa for ACN propagand. They have turned GEJ transformation in the rail sector to "omoluabi train". Anyway, provided they always give credit to whom it is due. To GEJ for restoring rail transport and to the governor for paying the train transport fare for his people on those particular days.

Lets always get our facts right beofre we comment.

This free train ride has been on for over a year during both Christian and Muslim holidays & it took the initiative of the Osun state governor. It was a simple arrangement. The governor discussed with the MD of Nigeria Railways who happens to be from Ile Ife in Osun state himself, to refurbish a few coaches and use for transporting Osun citizens during festive seasons....Pronto!!
Re: Osun Provides Free Transport For Xmas, New Year by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 24, 2012
wellmax:

[size=15pt]Too many mumus here on NL.
Must you talk? SMH[/size]

Awon family e ni mumu..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Positive Things Restructuring Nigeria Will Bring! - Foreign Diplomat Reveals / Unbelievable: See What I Saw At A PVC Collection Centre Today (photo) / Massive Donation For The Viral Boy On Obi~datti Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.