Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,238 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? - Religion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? (20613 Views)

TEN QUESTIONS That Christians Can Never Answer / How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 9:04am On Dec 29, 2012
The Scripture shows all evidence that the use of Ring is positive. With the few passages i have read, I'm yet to see where it indicate, either directly or indirectly, that
the wearing of rings (wedding bands or otherwise) is wrong. (Genesis 41:41-42) records Joseph’s acceptanc of a ring given him by Pharoah.

Because of Joseph"s faithful service to God, God favoured him in Pharoah’s eyes. as a result,Joseph was promotioned to the second highest office in Egypt.
If this had been displeasing to God, He (God) would ve made it known to Joseph. Futher chapters of Genesis show that Joseph continued to receive God’s blessing and guidance.

In the later centuries, the Israelites offered their rings toward the construction of the Tabernacle (Ex. 35:22). They certainly had it with them when calling on God to free them from Egype, God did answer thier prayers. If you hve read the entire exodus you will know that there's nothing in any of the previous scriptures that shows that they were doing this because God did not approve of the wearing of rings. In chapter 32, it tells us that Moses burned the golden calf (made from the people’s earrings) , ground it into dust, and cast it into the drinking water. The jewelry was not bad, but rather the use of it to create an idol.
Did you now see that the example you cited above have one/two things to do with pagans.
Phaoroah was a pagan worsipper and everything he is using is rooted deep inside paganism, so is the ring.
Moses burned the golden calf (pagan idol) made with ring, showing its root in paganism.
@plappville... Why do you have to do away with what you dont like and go with what you like.
Judging from your point of view on how birthday is pagainsm, the bible verses that cited where ring was used in the scripture proof it to be of pagans origin so you better stop using wedding rings else you are equally in the same both with the people ypu are accusing of paganism.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 9:13am On Dec 29, 2012
truthislight:

ok, i will die out of this satan's ruled world one day if God's kingdom does not come in my life time.

But i hope that you, after all this celebration of your birthday will lived forever in this satan ruled world and continue to celebrate Chrismas and your birthday, if not, i pity you for your wested effort in futility.
Nope... Why wait till God's kingdom come. Why not die now so that you will get the relief that you are talking about ASAP.
I belong to God, and nothing you or satan will do to change that.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 9:17am On Dec 29, 2012
Rich4god:
All those things you mentioned above, are more of decoration or are they used for worship during chritmas. If you go to banks and other institution, you will see christmas tree/lights etc decorated within/inside their premises. They equally present gifts to their staff. Santa clause are usualy seen with children at amusement parks fun filled areas. Except if you want to conclude that any place christmass tree is seen, then that place is a place of pagan worship.
@Bolded... I still didnt see any pagan practice that you are talking about. Did you see any christian going to any shrine to worship any idol or have you by chance heard any christian singing and shouting "all hail sango ota" on christmass day. Or are you trying to say that because sango ota worshippers wore cloths to their shrine to worship sango ota, so we christian shouldnt wear cloth to worship God.

I think people just want to talk for the fun of it. Christians and pagans live in the same world. God made everything for our use. It is not the use of materials that makes one pagan, it is how you use it. I.e is it used to worship Satan? is it used in a manner God dislikes? God made the trees for our use, should we now destroy or remove every trace of the Christmas tree from the planet because pagans used it? While Jews were giving bulls as burnt offerings to God, pagans were burning their bulls to Baal. Who owns the material for sacrifice, Jews or pagans?

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by true2god: 9:25am On Dec 29, 2012
ijawkid:

Have I not answered this useless question before??.........YES the olympics still remains what it is....pagan!!!!!.......let's be truthfull to ourselves.........you guys have acted so jejune....just because enough evidence has been given to show the fraud xmas is you switch the topic to olympics and wedding gown.....smh!!!!!!..............is it not a shame??.........xmas has been debunked from all corners....the bible,history and what have you.....instead of you guys to be humble and allign your trained conbsciences to the truth you are here playing ten ten............

The OLYMPICS is pagan...I've answered It before and here it is again.....
even i as dnt agree with u dat the present olympic event (or even fifa world cup) has anytin to do wit idol worship, i like ur straight-forwardness in ur response. Truthislight to learn hw to be factual in his response.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Rich4god(m): 9:27am On Dec 29, 2012
Zikkyy:

I think people just want to talk for the fun of it. Christians and pagans live in the same world. God made everything for our use. It is not the use of materials that makes one pagan, it is how you use it. I.e is it used to worship Satan? is it used in a manner God dislikes? God made the trees for our use, should we now destroy or remove every trace of the Christmas tree from the planet because pagans used it? While Jews were giving bulls as burnt offerings to God, pagans were burning their bulls to Baal. Who owns the material for sacrifice, Jews or pagans?
Help me tell them. They tend to keep what will propagate their faith and then sweep the other ones under the carpet and tend not to see it.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by true2god: 10:04am On Dec 29, 2012
Zikkyy:

You are in Satan's world and you probably invested in education to boost your chances of surviving in it. You are in Satan's world, you are hustling looking for job, contract/business, invests in heavy-duty prayer sessions for financial success, you are in Satan's world you dey chase woman around, you want to marry. You are in Satan's world you enter bar give yourself a treat (or you rather treat yourself at home), it Satan's world, you want to dress nice, look good (even plappville was fighting over right to use beauty/make-up accessories the other time), you want to ride nice cars, nice house, get yourself a nice computer or tablet and post on NL angry it only when it comes to Christmas that you remember you are waiting for a new world. I hope if that new world meet you here you will be dressed just as Adam & eve were on the garden (na.ked) okay maybe you would have sown something (with fig leaves) to cover the part of the body you don't want the ladies to see grin

My brother stop deceiving yourself.
Guy u sum it up. They see no + side of tins at all, only -. There is no scriptural evidence dat xmas should be celebrated or not. 'Paganization' of xmas is a product of personal judgement without any scriptural evidence dat supports otherwise or not.

Did Russel celebrate xmas during his time or not? Wil he be resurrected or not (this question is for papville)?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by alexleo(m): 12:09pm On Dec 29, 2012
Zikkyy:

Plappville is not happy to be alive, she has been cursing the day she was born. I hope she never fight her parents for bringing her to this demon & sin infested world. I wonder what she is still doing hanging around undecided

We dont even celebrate the date of our birth rather we celebrated because of the fact that we were born and that God has been keeping us from year to year in his mercies. Make una leave sister plappvile. Her views are pagan clustered thats why she wont see reasons with others. Well, that remains her views and not God's views.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 12:11pm On Dec 29, 2012
Zikkyy:

You are in Satan's world and you probably invested in education to boost your chances of surviving in it.

what?

"And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness." (1 John 5:19).

It is your anger against the bible^^^

Zikkyy:
You are in Satan's world, you are hustling looking for job, contract/business,

the bible says that: "he that does not work neither let him eat"

Zikkyy:
invests in heavy-duty prayer sessions for financial success,

is that the way you pray?

"After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. " (Matthew 6:9-10).
Please upgrade you prayer, and not just for prosperity for material things.

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. " (Matthew 6:33).

Men, upgrade.

Zikkyy:
you are in Satan's world you dey chase woman around,

i dont do that such ^^^

Zikkyy:
you want to marry.

it is a commandment from God to marry.

Zikkyy:
You are in Satan's world

yes, but God will soon remove satan and bring about his kingdom, do you belief that God'skingdom will come?

Zikkyy:
you enter bar give yourself a treat

yes i do that once in a while, God's servants are a happy people.

Yahweh said that the sons of Israel should use the converted tith money to buy wine and alcoholic drink and rejoice while serving him.

Zikkyy:
(or you rather treat yourself at home),

any one is good.

Zikkyy:
it Satan's world, you want to dress nice,

God promise his people food shelter and clothing.

Zikkyy:
look good (even plappville was fighting over right to use beauty/make-up accessories the other time),

this things are to be done in moderation.
No one should be too anxious about those things.

There are true servant of God that are having a hard time in this satan's world, so that should not be a yard stick for knowing who God has bless or who God loves or not.

Zikkyy:
you want to ride nice cars, nice house, get yourself a nice computer or tablet

i have already address this.

Zikkyy:
and post on NL angry it only when it comes to Christmas that you remember you are waiting for a new world

it is not only when it comes to Chrismas but i leave my life in a way that is obvious am read and waiting for God's kingdom.

Zikkyy:
I hope if that new world meet you here you will be dressed just as Adam & eve were on the garden (na.ked) okay maybe you would have sown something (with fig leaves) to cover the part of the body you don't want the ladies to see grin

lol.
We should be awake and ready for it always for the kingdom of God that is to come.

Zikkyy:
My brother stop deceiving yourself.

are you saying that the bible is deceiving us?
The bible says we should live our life in anticipation of the kingdom of God
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 12:14pm On Dec 29, 2012
Zikkyy:

On God's side ofcourse grin where do you expect I will be?

i hope you are:

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you workers of lawlessness" (Matthew 7:22-23).

Make sure you dont experience that ^^^
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 12:20pm On Dec 29, 2012
Zikkyy:

Thanks. I don't need to wait because I have been receiving in abundance smiley

since you have already received your reward already in this system that means you are not expecting God's kingdom again and the coming kingdom of God is not for you.

"And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God,
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." (Revelation 21:3,4)

For me when the kingdom of God comes "there will be no more death" the bible says.

Keep your Chrismas kingdom to yourself.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 12:23pm On Dec 29, 2012
TroGunn:

The practices have been stated since beginning of this thread:

The use of tree
The exchange of gifts on that day
Wreath (became Christmas Wreath)
Light decorations
Santa

All above were copied from pagan celebrations Saturnalia and Yule, from which Chrismas got it's date and even nickname (Yuletide).

So, here's my question again, before it's lost in distractions:

So, are you saying it's ok to pick a Sango worship festival, give it a Christian name while retaining the practices used by the Sango worshipers, right? And this, even though God expressly forbade His worshipers from copying pagan religious practices?

they will force Yahweh to accept it since they are more powerful than Yahweh.

Its a pity though.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 12:26pm On Dec 29, 2012
Rich4god:
Did you see why i said that you are been selective in your judgement. You tend to believe what suits you and do away with what you feel is not in line with your believe. Now take a look at the bolded. You believe that Jesus ransom sacrifice is being applied to present day women. But why is it that we still have to go through baptism to cleanse us from Adamic sin, why didnt Jesus sacrifice apply to everyone once and for all.

"strawman"

i have got no time to west.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 12:32pm On Dec 29, 2012
Zikkyy:

You don talk am! Now we know that Jesus ransom sacrifice cleases us one time for all times, why can't we party, ehn? grin

chop chop guy.

Free from idols the bible says.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 12:43pm On Dec 29, 2012
true2god:
The point here is dis, the founding fathers of JW, frm Russel and Rutherford, all celebrated xmas (go check ur history my sista). R u tellin me dat, according to ur present light, dat ur founding fathers will not ressurect afta 'armagedon'? And it is based on their doctrinal foundation that the present JW spring. Pls dnt be funny jooor.

those that never had of the preaching of the good news about the christ will be resurected to be taught about the christ.

That means that does that have heard and refuse/rejected it will not have same privilege since they deliberately rejected the message of truth

Again, deliberately rejecting the truth is a serious sin that have no forgiveness.

If people in the past did not have all the facts about what was happening it means that God that sees the heart knows that they dont have a wicked unrepentant heart.

God always forgive person with a clear conscience/repentant heart.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 12:54pm On Dec 29, 2012
Zikkyy:

now listen and learn about the true servant of Yahweh and what Jesus said:

"I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. " (John 17:14-15).

Better watch yourself.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 1:11pm On Dec 29, 2012
true2god: Guy u sum it up. They see no + side of tins at all, only -. There is no scriptural evidence dat xmas should be celebrated or not. 'Paganization' of xmas is a product of personal judgement without any scriptural evidence dat supports otherwise or not.

Did Russel celebrate xmas during his time or not? Wil he be resurrected or not (this question is for papville)?

i think i have answered this question above.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 1:34pm On Dec 29, 2012
Zikkyy:

Bulls,sheep,turtle doves etc were animals used for sacrifice by the command of Yahweh........blood was needed for cleansing........God gave specific "commands" to the isrealites on how to carry out there sacrifices.............while the baal worshippers also used animals in there sacrifices,God gave his servants specifics so that the isrealites never snatched baal's pattern of worship or offering sacrifices....abraham and faithful patriarchs of old have always offered burnt offerings to Yahweh even before the priesthood came into order and also before pagans started using animals for sacrifice...........besides blood was a requirement for sacrifices to take place.......the isrealites never stole or copied baals form of worship or observances........but you are doing the opposite.........

How you try to compare this with the use of xmas tree makes me smh for you zikky..........the problem you are still having is that unlike the isrealites that were given straight commands from Yahweh,you adopted and snatched the pagans way of festivity...something that would have led to your death if you existed in the times of the isrealites....... The adoption of pagan ways is what has led to the xmas tree you're using.........and God right now is very angry with you............read trogunns comment and get the sense of this whole discussion....

Baal worshippers were passing there kids through fire......how do you think Yahweh felt when ahaz and the wicked kings of isreal practiced exactly the same customs as did the baal worshippers who passed there kids through fire..??...I believe Yahweh smiled and was happy with them??right??......

My brother presumptuousness has never been a virtue of faithful servants of God most especially when it comes to things pertaining to our worship and with pagan practices............

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 1:36pm On Dec 29, 2012
truthislight:
the bible says that: "he that does not work neither let him eat"

Hahaha grin you don't need to hustle na, are you guys not cursing the day you were born. How can you be hustling in Satan's world angry wait till you get to God's kingdom.

truthislight:
yes i do that once in a while, God's servants are a happy people.

Lol! How can someone that spend his day cursing the day he was born be happy? So after cursing all morning & afternoon, you visit the bar in the evening to rejoice
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2012
true2god: Guy u sum it up. They see no + side of tins at all, only -. There is no scriptural evidence dat xmas should be celebrated or not. 'Paganization' of xmas is a product of personal judgement without any scriptural evidence dat supports otherwise or not.

Seems if you haven't mentioned russel you never get satisfied.................

So it is now if russel celebrated xmas or not and if he'll be ressurected??...........
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by true2god: 2:00pm On Dec 29, 2012
truthislight:

i think i have answered this question above.
Tank God dat ur founding fathers celebrated xmas (in ignorance, according to u). And u tink there are xcuses for ignorance? Dats ok.

In order word pple dat r celebrating xmas now are worshipin idol cos ur organization now paganizes xmas. While Russel, Rutherford and co dat celebrated xmas some 60 to 80 yrs ago will be ressurected afta armagedon, the xtains celebrating now will not be ressurected cos ur organization now sees it as a pagan stuff. Is dat logical? Who made u or ur org jugde over the pple of God?

Tell me a single place u see any libation, sacrifice, incantation is bein made durin xmas (aside frm picnickin, observing holiday, resting at home, visiting friends etc).

Im sure new yr is also dedicated to idol according to una belief.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 2:02pm On Dec 29, 2012
ijawkid:
Bulls,sheep,turtle doves etc were animals used for sacrifice by the command of Yahweh........blood was needed for cleansing........God gave specific "commands" to the isrealites on how to carry out there sacrifices.............while the baal worshippers also used animals in there sacrifices,God gave his servants specifics so that the isrealites never snatched baal's pattern of worship or offering sacrifices....abraham and faithful patriarchs of old have always offered burnt offerings to Yahweh even before the priesthood came into order and also before pagans started using animals for sacrifice...........besides blood was a requirement for sacrifices to take place.......the isrealites never stole or copied baals form of worship or observances........but you are doing the opposite.........

Can you please tell me what I use to worship God today or during Xmas that is copied for pagan worshippers and not allowed in Christianity?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2012
ijawkid:
....... The adoption of pagan ways is what has led to the xmas tree you're using.........

How am I using the Xmas tree that makes it offensive to God?

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 2:14pm On Dec 29, 2012
Zikkyy:

Can you please tell me what I use to worship God today or during Xmas that is copied for pagan worshippers and not allowed in Christianity?

But why u dey ask the same question over and over again??.......zikky no make us fight gidigbo o.......grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 2:17pm On Dec 29, 2012
ijawkid:
Baal worshippers were passing there kids through fire......how do you think Yahweh felt when ahaz and the wicked kings of isreal practiced exactly the same customs as did the baal worshippers who passed there kids through fire..??...I believe Yahweh smiled and was happy with them??right??......

You failed to see my point that's why you are making unnecessary posts. God was angry that Baal worshippers were passing their kids through fire abi? Did God say the Jews should not have kids because the pagans have kids or passed theirs through fire? NO! So the issue was not with the material used but how it was used. Do Jews take their kids to temple for one form of dedication or another? God made everything for use. He did not say don't make use of the plant we call the Christmas tree.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 2:19pm On Dec 29, 2012
Zikkyy:

How am I using the Xmas tree that makes it offensive to God?

Smh!!!!!!!!......I just dey imagine say I dey the same place with you as you dey ask this question....walahi we for fight small....lol......
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 2:21pm On Dec 29, 2012
ijawkid:

But why u dey ask the same question over and over again??.......zikky no make us fight gidigbo o.......grin

Sorry, na grammar error. You have listed what I use but you have not told me how I use it. That was my question. I would like to know how I worship with the Xmas tree, giving of gifts e.t.c
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 2:27pm On Dec 29, 2012
Zikkyy:

You failed to see my point that's why you are making unnecessary posts. God was angry that Baal worshippers were passing their kids through fire abi? Did God say the Jews should not have kids because the pagans have kids? NO! So the issue was not with the material used but how it was used. Do Jews take their kids to temple for one form of dedication or another? God made everything for use. He did not say don't make use of the plant we call the Christmas tree.

Nope.....customs of pagans is the bane here......passing kids through fire was a pagan practice.............while trees were created by God,pagans using it for there form of worship outside Gods commandments and later adopted by servants of His is what is wrong...........God created sex,egbo,marijuana etc..........but God himself being our creator has the authority to tell us how we should go about the use of his products.........

Why on earth do you think God would tell the isrealites not to copy the ways of worship of the pagans??why zikky??......is it not God who also created the pagans??..........

You have asked these questions for too long and answers have been given..............
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 2:29pm On Dec 29, 2012
Zikkyy:

Sorry, na grammar error. You have listed what I use but you have not told me how I use it. That was my question. I would like to know how I worship with the Xmas tree, giving of gifts e.t.c

Do you use the xmas tree other times apart from the xmas celebration??........do you hang the xmas tree as decoration through out the year in your house or only during xmas season??......I want to really show you that you are following the script of pagans which the use of the xmas tree was gotten from..........
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 2:34pm On Dec 29, 2012
ijawkid:
How you try to compare this with the use of xmas tree makes me smh for you zikky..........

I believe with my response to the issue of passing kids through fire, you now have a better understanding of the message I was passing across.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 29, 2012
Rich4god:
All those things you mentioned above, are more of decoration or are they used for worship during chritmas. If you go to banks and other institution, you will see christmas tree/lights etc decorated within/inside their premises. They equally present gifts to their staff. Santa clause are usualy seen with children at amusement parks fun filled areas. Except if you want to conclude that any place christmass tree is seen, then that place is a place of pagan worship.
@Bolded... I still didnt see any pagan practice that you are talking about. Did you see any christian going to any shrine to worship any idol or have you by chance heard any christian singing and shouting "all hail sango ota" on christmass day. Or are you trying to say that because sango ota worshippers wore cloths to their shrine to worship sango ota, so we christian shouldnt wear cloth to worship God.

Your answer is clear - in your opinion, there is nothing wrong in adopting a Sango worshipping festival as long as we say we dedicate it to God.

However, clear biblical evidence shows your opinion is incorrect. What you are saying and doing is not new. The Israelites did something similar.

Exodus 32:1-8 shows how they, in their wisdom did a "a feast to the LORD" adopting pagan mode of worship. Dedicating their wrong practice to God, did not make it right. And God was displeased.

Note too that the pagan practices associated with the pagan celebration - the trees as used in the decoration, Santa, the use of lighting, etc - all had meaning which tied to their wrong beliefs and way of worship and were not just ordinary decorations.

We should know how Jesus feels about presumptuously adding man-made practices to God's worship. Jesus said: "In vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men" (Matthew 15:9). Christmas observance is a tradition of men.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 2:43pm On Dec 29, 2012
ijawkid:

Nope.....customs of pagans is the bane here......passing kids through fire was a pagan practice.............while trees were created by God,pagans using it for there form of worship outside Gods commandments and later adopted by servants of His is what is wrong...........God created sex,egbo,marijuana etc..........but God himself being our creator has the authority to tell us how we should go about the use of his products.........

Why on earth do you think God would tell the isrealites not to copy the ways of worship of the pagans??why zikky??......is it not God who also created the pagans??..........

You have asked these questions for too long and answers have been given..............

You talking but not saying anything. I ask you again, was the kids the issue or was it what they used the kids for? God will not be angry if I have an Xmas tree at home. He made and I can put it anywhere I like in my house just like any other plant. Don't you know our native/witch doctors use almost all the herbs/plants available for their medicine including the one you use to cook that spicy vegetable soup you love. Can you then say, its pagan and we should do away with the vegetables?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 2:58pm On Dec 29, 2012
ijawkid:

Do you use the xmas tree other times apart from the xmas celebration??........do you hang the xmas tree as decoration through out the year in your house or only during xmas season??......I want to really show you that you are following the script of pagans which the use of the xmas tree was gotten from..........

So your issue is not that I use the Xmas tree but how I use it abi? So if I hang Xmas tree in June, it is not paganism abi? smh..

Secondly, you have not told me how I worship with the Xmas tree. You are only saying I hang Xmas tree in my house during Xmas.

Thirdly, the pagans you claimed I copied Xmas from (saturnalia worshippers), did they use Xmas tree in their saturnalia worship?

Four, do you know how an Xmas tree would look like in dry season?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (29) (Reply)

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? / The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First / We Can't Celebrate Jesus Enough- Abdulrazaq Hamzat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.