Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,852 members, 7,802,730 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Moon Man - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Moon Man (6067 Views)

Hunter's Moon / OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden / The Moon Stone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moon Man by FoxyRebirth(m): 10:45am On Jan 12, 2013
Where you dey na angry angry angry angry
Re: Moon Man by FoxyRebirth(m): 11:26am On Jan 12, 2013
Re: Moon Man by Oahray: 12:39pm On Jan 13, 2013
"Foolish Earthling!" he thundered. He sounded angry. He was no longer pale, he blazed!
"He who seeks knowledge does not disregard the Light. You are the son of your father. I shall send for you when you learn to glow from within."

With that he stretched his right arm, the palm of his hand facing me at me. A brilliant beam flashed at me. By reflex, I took a step backward and my hands went up, shielding my eyes which snapped shut of its own accord. When I opened them, the creatures had all gone. The ground was sandy like I had always known it. The mango tree was back and so was every other feature of our compound. It had grown darker and crickets had begun to chirp. I was still at that spot I stood when the blue ball of light crashed into me. No one had heard my scream. If they did, no one came out to check.

The moon was out. Stars had begun to dot the night sky.

'Glow from within'. What on earth did that mean? I could not understand what had happened. There was no one to ask. After minutes of fruitlessly contemplating, I turned and went inside.

There was this loud noise like the sound of a motor saw eating away into wood. I knew the source.
My dad lay on a long sofa, fast asleep. On the tv screen, Israel battled Palestine. In our sitting room, it was my ear drums against his snoring. My ear drums was Palestine. I ended the war immediately.

Back in my room, on the comfort of my bed, my mind wandered back to the strange creatures. It seemed real, too real to disregard. How did I get there?

The pretty female... The arrogant leader. I never got to know their names, but for calling me 'son of Huu', Lie-nus Mba fit him well. Mtscheew! He knew nothing about me, not even my name Odion Ray Onolunose.

I got up and walked toward the huge mirror by my wardrobe. One look at my face, I screamed in horror, frozen with fear...
Re: Moon Man by FoxyRebirth(m): 12:59pm On Jan 13, 2013
See... Since you no dey give regular update, I don lose interest jor... Oya... Unfollow me sharpaly...
Re: Moon Man by Oahray: 1:05pm On Jan 13, 2013
Foxy_Rebirth: See... Since you no dey give regular update, I don lose interest jor... Oya... Unfollow me sharpaly...
Its easy, click 'unfollow'.
Re: Moon Man by FoxyRebirth(m): 6:18pm On Jan 13, 2013
Oahray: Its easy, click 'unfollow'.

Kai.... Owk... Watch me...
Re: Moon Man by movmentish(m): 7:51pm On Jan 13, 2013
Hope say u no dey try use wetin dat mosquito teach u abi why d extra suspense na?
Re: Moon Man by Oahray: 8:15pm On Jan 13, 2013
movmentish: Hope say u no dey try use wetin dat mosquito teach u abi why d extra suspense na?
lol. No. Been having issues with browsing Nairaland. Its ok now. Regular updates from now on. Thanks for stopping by.
Re: Moon Man by movmentish(m): 9:33pm On Jan 13, 2013
Oahray: lol. No. Been having issues with browsing Nairaland. Its ok now. Regular updates from now on. Thanks for stopping by.
Stopping by ke?! Who told you I stopped by Me dat I've practically lived my internet life on this thread u say I stop by!!! Oya to calm me down just upload sharpaly

1 Like

Re: Moon Man by Oahray: 10:44pm On Jan 13, 2013
One look at my face, I screamed in horror, frozen with fear...
My younger twin burst into the room. He had heard my screams and came to investigate.

"O-d, weti be that?"

"Khere see" I said and turned to face him. He looked at me and shrugged.

"Ehen?" he said, as if waiting for more.

Puzzled, I looked back at the mirror. It was gone. Strange.

"My face... My face was like theirs just now."

"Whose?"

"The moonman race"

He burst into a fit of laughter, paused and looked at me.

"Where that one dey? Moonman race ko, race to the moon ni. Na movie abi?"

"I'm serious". My face confirmed it.

He was silent. I knew he believed me so I told him everything that had happened since I touched the glowing ball of blue. For several seconds, he was silent. He was thinking. I knew he understood. He had always been smarter than me.

"I can help you glow from within" he finally said, "I read alot of books on stuff like that. Gimme your hands".

1 Like

Re: Moon Man by Redmosquito(m): 10:50pm On Jan 13, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Moon Man by movmentish(m): 11:16pm On Jan 13, 2013
haba we no gree dis short update oh..............red moss howfar dat way na undecided
Re: Moon Man by Redmosquito(m): 11:18pm On Jan 13, 2013
movmentish: haba we no gree dis short update oh..............red moss howfar dat way na undecided
I go update right now! I deyg badun ur story oahray!
Movmentish I just taya! No vex! I no get vigor again like before!
I need a girl! Ehen! Oahray u get sister? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Moon Man by Oahray: 11:23pm On Jan 13, 2013
movmentish: haba we no gree dis short update oh..............red moss howfar dat way na undecided
lol... Ok... Make I finish am grin
Redmosquito:
I go update right now! I deyg badun ur story oahray!
Movmentish I just taya! No vex! I no get vigor again like before!
I need a girl! Ehen! Oahray u get sister? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Just tell me the age wey you want. Every gal na my sister grin we get common descent.
Re: Moon Man by Redmosquito(m): 11:28pm On Jan 13, 2013
Oahray: lol... Ok... Make I finish am grin
Just tell me the age wey you want. Every gal na my sister grin we get common descent.
Age is just a number! As long as she has the flight requirements, then I'm good to go! grin grin grin
Re: Moon Man by Oahray: 11:14am On Jan 14, 2013
"...Gimme your hands".

I obeyed. He held my hands in his and said close your eyes... Now relax and search deep within. Feel the environment. Feel the power surge from within".

I obeyed as he dished out the instructions.
"Feel the fire in your very core..." He continued. "Now imagine yourself on the moon"

The result was magical. I felt myself engulfed in pure energy which teleported us to this place. The effect of carrying my twin with me made me weak. As my energy drained, so did my consciousness. The last thing I saw, my brother disappeared.

She let out a high pitched laugh and stared at him. He sat, with restricted mobility and looked at her.

"Nice narration. I find it interesting, Earthling. But you are not the saviour of Worlds" she remarked.

"I never said I was. I am a discoverer of civilizations. You wanted to know how I got here and I told you. Now tell me where my younger brother is. Free me from your... Whatever it is."

"Aura" she offered. "That is why you are alive and can see me. Without it, you would be dead. You cannot survive on the moon."

He was silent.

"Tell me about Yakubu, the one whose shots you mentioned"

"Well, on Earth we play a game with balls. We have ball of lights... I mean, aura too, but it works only on Earth. Well Yakubu played football for Nigeria. That is where I come from on earth, Its like the centre of earth, the home of Technology. You would be surprised the giant strides we have taken. I don't know if you were born when we sent messengers to the moon. They were from a small country near Nigeria called USA. Well we told them they could put their flag on the moon."

She had a bemused look on her face.

"What?" he querried.

1 Like

Re: Moon Man by Bluesparkles(f): 11:29am On Jan 14, 2013
Wow! To be honest Oarhay, I'm not really into sci-fiction stuff, but I like your narration style. You just blew me off with the unreliable narration you used. Classic! First time I am seeing this style among the Nairaland writers I have read.
*following*
Re: Moon Man by Oahray: 1:17pm On Jan 15, 2013
Bluesparkles: Wow! To be honest Oarhay, I'm not really into sci-fiction stuff, but I like your narration style. You just blew me off with the unreliable narration you used. Classic! First time I am seeing this style among the Nairaland writers I have read.
*following*
Thanks... cheesy
Re: Moon Man by Oahray: 1:53pm On Jan 15, 2013
"Continue earthling" she urged.

"Ok, as I was saying, Yakubu played football for us. So in the final match, we were playing against Spain. Well, we just played around with them and planned to score at the last few minutes. Three minutes to go, a team mate passed to Yakubu. He was this close to the net" he narrated, gesturing with the thumb and index finger of his right hand as if he wanted to pick something small with them, "and he missed!"

She let out another round of laughter which sounded like spotted hyenas. He was not one to be discouraged.

"Then Spain scored the next minute and they won".

"Well, Earthling it is amusing how easily you say that which is not true."

"What do you mean?" he asked, genuinely surprised.

"I do know the civilization of Terra more than you think. That which you call Earth. I know who you truly are"

His eyes widened.
Re: Moon Man by FoxyRebirth(m): 1:57pm On Jan 15, 2013
Oahray: "Continue earthling" she urged.

"Ok, as I was saying, Yakubu played football for us. So in the final match, we were playing against Spain. Well, we just played around with them and planned to score at the last few minutes. Three minutes to go, a team mate passed to Yakubu. He was this close to the net" he narrated, gesturing with the thumb and index finger of his right hand as if he wanted to pick something small with them, "and he missed!"

She let out another round of laughter which sounded like spotted hyenas. He was not one to be discouraged.

"Then Spain scored the next minute and they won".

"Well, Earthling it is amusing how easily you say that which is not true."

"What do you mean?" he asked, genuined surprised.

"I do know the civilization of Terra more than you think. That which you call Earth. I know who you truly are"

His eyes widened.

I'm confused here.... Who is confused... You or someone else undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Moon Man by Oahray: 2:10pm On Jan 15, 2013
Foxy_Rebirth:

I'm confused here.... Who is confused... You or someone else undecided undecided undecided undecided
Ehya, sorry about that. Its the writing style I used. Could be a bit confusing as it is not exactly straightforward. It would make some more sense after a few more posts.
Thanks for your remarks.
Re: Moon Man by Redmosquito(m): 4:32pm On Jan 15, 2013
I'm lost Oahray! ur last two updates have ditched my understanding!
Re: Moon Man by FoxyRebirth(m): 4:35pm On Jan 15, 2013
Redmosquito: I'm lost Oahray! ur last two updates have ditched my understanding!

I thought I was the only one ooooooo angry angry angry
Re: Moon Man by Oahray: 5:12pm On Jan 15, 2013
Redmosquito: I'm lost Oahray! ur last two updates have ditched my understanding!
Foxy_Rebirth:

I thought I was the only one ooooooo angry angry angry
lol. Bear with me... I experimented with an 'unreliable narrator' mode to begin the story. Bluesparkles noticed it ouright. It was the only way I could create another (unserious) character separate from the protagonist.
I apologise for any misunderstanding. A few more posts should make it clearer.
Re: Moon Man by Redmosquito(m): 5:52pm On Jan 15, 2013
Oahray: lol. Bear with me... I experimented with an 'unreliable narrator' mode to begin the story. Bluesparkles noticed it ouright. It was the only way I could create another (unserious) character separate from the protagonist.
I apologise for any misunderstanding. A few more posts should make it clearer.
From what I understand! Your brother is being questioned and imprisoned by the Moon lady! But the change was too sudden f I may say!
Re: Moon Man by FoxyRebirth(m): 5:57pm On Jan 15, 2013
Redmosquito:
From what I understand! Your brother is being questioned and imprisoned by the Moon lady! But the change was too sudden f I may say!

Big time angry angry angry
Re: Moon Man by Redmosquito(m): 5:59pm On Jan 15, 2013
Foxy_Rebirth:

Big time angry angry angry
The guy didnt carry us along! He just dumped it on our heads! He should have given more description.
Foxy check ur mail btw
Re: Moon Man by FoxyRebirth(m): 6:04pm On Jan 15, 2013
Redmosquito:
The guy didnt carry us along! He just dumped it on our heads! He should have given more description.
Foxy check ur mail btw

Ayte... My babe called to tell me you did that stuff, more like reporting you sha.... Hahahahahaha tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Moon Man by Redmosquito(m): 6:07pm On Jan 15, 2013
Foxy_Rebirth:

Ayte... My babe called to tell me you did that stuff, more like reporting you sha.... Hahahahahaha tongue tongue tongue tongue
which stuff? i no do anything ooo! Wetin ur babe talk say I do? Who be ur babe sef?
Make we no derail Oahray thread ooo!
Re: Moon Man by FoxyRebirth(m): 6:13pm On Jan 15, 2013
Redmosquito:
which stuff? i no do anything ooo! Wetin ur babe talk say I do? Who be ur babe sef?
Make we no derail Oahray thread ooo!

That other forum jor undecided undecided undecided
Re: Moon Man by Redmosquito(m): 6:20pm On Jan 15, 2013
Foxy_Rebirth:

That other forum jor undecided undecided undecided
Oh! Naija stories? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaa
Reported me? hahahahahahahaaa! I no fit laff reach
Re: Moon Man by FoxyRebirth(m): 6:26pm On Jan 15, 2013
Redmosquito:
Oh! Naija stories? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaa
Reported me? hahahahahahahaaa! I no fit laff reach

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How He Killed His Best Friend Over a Girl / STORY: Keeping Up With The Adventures Of Slutty Ngozi / 50 Books To Read Before You Reach 50 + DL Links

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.