Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

My Upgrade To Windows 8 - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Upgrade To Windows 8 (13881 Views)

Note To Nigerians: Before You Upgrade To Windows 10 / You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 / Logon To Windows Using Your Usb Flash Drive [dongle] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by collins123(m): 10:25pm On Dec 22, 2012
Now, isn't this an outright support of priacy also known as parasitism, in biology?

@Seun,

I once opened a thread and seun personally warned me that "we don't condone piracy"

Now imagining this shit hanging on the front page.

Nairaland lost its credibiliti

3 Likes

Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 22, 2012
oyb: on a side note - as much as is feasible, i download my movies in 720p mkv - that 1.93gb avengers must be hard on your bandwidth quota

_
Actually no. I downloaded 70% of it on my school network. Now I'm on hols I'm completing it with MTN weekend bundle. But the Windows 8 file was entirely on an MTN data bundle.
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Feraz(m): 10:25pm On Dec 22, 2012
Good for you....tried using daemon tools and mounted the iso files....ran into some complications so I decided to format the pc completely....funny thing is that I used virtually all the stages of windows 8....from developers preview to consumer preview to release preview and finally to the complete version.....it's very cool....
For those that want to know what it offers, it offers plenty things like a messaging app that links you to all your facebook contacts and some other chat app where you can just log in without having to use your browser (automatic when you're online....though even people you don't want to chat with will know you're online)....a mail app that sync all your email messages from hotmail to google to yahoo...just name it....a people app that connects you to your social networks like linkedin, facebook (you can update your status from there....it is different from the messaging app)....maps, travel app which is also a guide and you can also search for flights to any part of the world and book your ticket.....news app, sports app for lovers of sports (anyone you want)....it has its own reader though I still prefer adobe....it has its own video and music player (different from windows media player and center)....an app that enables you see magnificent places in the world and the history behind 'em.....start menu interface changed.....two internet explorers (your chrome could also change)....you can play xbox games and buy 'em online, you can get different apps from the windows store such as wikipedia, nature, nasa, a cooking app that can help you prepare delicacies from all parts of the world, exercise app for those who love keeping fit......they're just too much and it's only when you experience 'em will you enjoy the long story I've written up there.....

1 Like

Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nwogbe: 10:26pm On Dec 22, 2012
Kslib:
MUMU HIMSELF
Grand Father of MUMUS hw did u figure it out?
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by AZeD1(m): 10:27pm On Dec 22, 2012
SimonAndal:
_
Lemme re-phrase that: something challenging that LOOKS nice. That said, Debian trumps Fedora. And Ubuntu wins.
_
Getting files ready for installation (70%)
I get your point now. My system is a dual boot windows 7 and ubuntu. I suggested fedora because i thought you wanted a challenge.
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Skywalker5(m): 10:27pm On Dec 22, 2012
So how to download software illegally is on frontpage.
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 22, 2012
Disclaimer: SimonAndal in NO way condones piracy. Do it at your own risk!
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 22, 2012
SimonAndal: Disclaimer: SimonAndal in NO way condones piracy. Do it at your own risk!

You try well well.
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 22, 2012
If you end up bricking your PC, SIMONANDAL CANNOT BE HELD LIABLE. SimonAndal in NO way or part contributed to the voiding of warranty of the Windows 8 software by Microsoft.

This tutorial is for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. You will be held liable for...oh who am I kidding. Go ye forth and do whatever thou pleasest. Just don't call my name.

1 Like

Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by justwise(m): 10:34pm On Dec 22, 2012
SimonAndal: Disclaimer: SimonAndal in NO way condones piracy. Do it at your own risk!

Edit your first post.
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Redmosquito(m): 10:39pm On Dec 22, 2012
Omo! Seun why u put am for frontpage na! If google see dis thing dem go vex gan oooooo We all know as dem hate piratebay reachgrin grin grin grin
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 22, 2012
Getting files ready for installation (done)

Installing features and updates (...%)
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 22, 2012
System is restarting. First restart.
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by collins123(m): 10:43pm On Dec 22, 2012

Shut up, Mugabe!
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 22, 2012
Booted into Windows 8 setup. Same blue background. "Setup is starting"
_
Now the window is back on top of the blue background. It began from where it was before the restart.

Installing features and updates (done)
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Skywalker5(m): 10:46pm On Dec 22, 2012
Just one more question. Why will anyone be interested in how to Upgrade to windows 8? Its straight forward like any other previous windows
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by fiercehillz(m): 10:47pm On Dec 22, 2012
Me dey expo center dey wait for chris Brown...Next topic plz

Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 22, 2012
Almost done moving files, settings and applications (...%)
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 22, 2012
Second restart
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Feraz(m): 10:51pm On Dec 22, 2012
I forgot to add....you need a microsoft account for most if not all the above to work....
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 22, 2012
Booting. New logo. Choose an operating system: Windows 8 or Windows Rollback. I chose windows 8.
_
Restart
_
Windows 8 boot image. Getting devices ready (76%)
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 22, 2012
Getting devices ready (done)

Still in the boot image screen.

Getting ready...
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 22, 2012
Still getting ready. Imma go soak garri. I'll be back.
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by saintneo(m): 10:58pm On Dec 22, 2012
watching..... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by sportfeva(m): 11:02pm On Dec 22, 2012
Op nice work ƒor sharing.

1 Like

Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 22, 2012
Alright. Instead of soaking garri, I took a pic with my mobile's camera. You can see the new boot screen. Underneath it, it's still getting ready.

Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 11:07pm On Dec 22, 2012
Done getting ready. Had another restart.
Booting now. I hope it's done. Running outta patience.
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 22, 2012
Up NEPA!
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 22, 2012
Still booting.
Error¡ This Human Is Low On Patience! REFILL!
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 22, 2012
Restarting.
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 22, 2012
Boot image.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Checkout How To Remove Easybuy Security Plugin / Is VoIP available in Nigeria? / Primavera P6 Log On Problem (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.