Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

My Upgrade To Windows 8 - Computers (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Upgrade To Windows 8 (13877 Views)

Note To Nigerians: Before You Upgrade To Windows 10 / You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 / Logon To Windows Using Your Usb Flash Drive [dongle] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by semid4lyfe(m): 2:14pm On Dec 26, 2012
Eeeya, sorry. . .do.

Meanwhile, how did the Windows 8 activation go?
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 26, 2012
I activated it alright. Just that I have to use an external mouse now, thereby missing out on the Windows 8 gestures. Devil punish Alps Electric
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 1:37am On Dec 28, 2012
Oh wait, touchpad's working. Idjit!
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 2:14am On Dec 28, 2012
More Screenies

Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 28, 2012
Y'all know I was complaining 'bout my touchpad, ba? So I got a generic Alps touchpad with Windows 8 support, and guess what? My PC flat out refused to boot. For over 4 hours I was battling with it. It got to a point I got out my OEM Recovery disc to perform a rollback to Windows 7. I was THAT frustrated.
But alas it turned out to be one idiotic virus in the exe file that changed my hard drive function to AHCI from ATA. I was belly-deep in my BIOS trying to work out the kink. I think I did, 'cause it's (the BIOS) now handed over to the OS. Now performing a disk error check. Phew!
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Pharoh: 7:14pm On Dec 28, 2012
The activate windows instruction and windows 8 pro build 9200 watermark goes away after you activate windows permanently.
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 28, 2012
Yup, that it does! Why?
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Pharoh: 8:09pm On Dec 28, 2012
^^

The build 9200 is the release to manufacturing which is sent to pc manufacturers and other developers. Developers will have to activate it using a key given to them by Microsoft while the pc manufacturers will add their usual bloatwares before loading it to their manufactured pc's. The watermark and activate instructions is there to show that it was not suppose to be used for commercial purpose without activation.
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 28, 2012
Yeah...so why're you telling me?
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by semid4lyfe(m): 7:54am On Dec 29, 2012
@ SimonAndal, which activator/activation method did you use in activating the windows 8?

Mind giving me the name of the activator and a screenshot of it? wink
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 29, 2012
Looks like you got hit with ransomware
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 29, 2012
semid4lyfe: @ SimonAndal, which activator/activation method did you use in activating the windows 8?

Mind giving me the name of the activator and a screenshot of it? wink
_
I used KMSNano v9
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Redmosquito(m): 9:08am On Jan 06, 2013
so ur lappy is sill alive? grin grin grin grin
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 06, 2013
Yup! And activated. Has anybody tried Xbox Music? Think Spotify, but free. Especially if you've got a Windows Mobile 8 phone or Windows RT tablet. You can take your music anywhere. Free.
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 09, 2013
Gonna post a few more screenies....(just to brag about the wifi speeds at my school that most of you can't dream of seeing in your lifetime, chained as you are to EmptyHen and co.

Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 8:37am On Feb 09, 2013
Billyonaire: All these stress cos you dont wanna go buy new lappy with Windows 8 pre-installed ?
_
Seems you ain't a techie. There's a joy, for us geeks, in upgrading or customizing your system...giving it a new skin...making your old machine run something new and fancy...sorta like teaching an old dog new tricks. It's not that i can't afford the latest, fanciest device with 8, it's just that joy of getting an ancient Win98 machine to run 8...something many deem impossible...sorta. Geddit?
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Skywalker5(m): 10:37am On Feb 09, 2013
SimonAndal: Gonna post a few more screenies....(just to brag about the wifi speeds at my school that most of you can't dream of seeing in your lifetime, chained as you are to EmptyHen and co.

you call 3 MB/s fast? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 09, 2013
Sky-walker:

you call 3 MB/s fast? grin grin grin grin grin
_
Compared to regular internet speeds in Nigeria, yes, it is. Evenn with their so-much-touted 3.5G, the highest speed you're gonna get from EmptyHen is 759-867KB/s. True story.
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by henryskywalker2003(m): 7:47pm On Feb 10, 2013
SimonAndal: Gonna post a few more screenies....(just to brag about the wifi speeds at my school that most of you can't dream of seeing in your lifetime, chained as you are to EmptyHen and co.

Sorry, and which skool is that? I guess it's not here in Nigeria, cos if it is, then I need to buy an admission form instantly. grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 10, 2013
It's in Nigeria.
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by semid4lyfe(m): 9:23am On Feb 12, 2013
@ SimonAndal, why would you download DVDScr Quality version of Zero Dark Thirty (2.38GB) and Argo (1.37GB) when there are DvDrips and BRrips (720p & 1080p) versions respectively of these same movies with far lesser sizes? undecided

If na 1080p BRRip versions, e for make sense but DVDScr quality version with those enormous sizes, Puhlease!

The 720p BRrip version of Argo has been online for like 2 weeks now and it's only 750MB/800MB. The 1080p BRRip 5.1CH version is 1.6GB.

Zero Dark Thirty is only in DVDScr but there's a very good watchable version which is just 650MB in size and the best thing is all these movies can be gotten from regular non-torrent sites where you can download with IDM so there won't be clogging of system resources.

You're wasting bandwith, time and resources IMO.
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 12, 2013
An oversight on my part, I admit. Will rectify pronto!
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by moonraker(m): 7:38am On Feb 13, 2013
semid4lyfe: @ SimonAndal, why would you download DVDScr Quality version of Zero Dark Thirty (2.38GB) and Argo (1.37GB) when there are DvDrips and BRrips (720p & 1080p) versions respectively of these same movies with far lesser sizes? undecided

If na 1080p BRRip versions, e for make sense but DVDScr quality version with those enormous sizes, Puhlease!

The 720p BRrip version of Argo has been online for like 2 weeks now and it's only 750MB/800MB. The 1080p BRRip 5.1CH version is 1.6GB.

Zero Dark Thirty is only in DVDScr but there's a very good watchable version which is just 650MB in size and the best thing is all these movies can be gotten from regular non-torrent sites where you can download with IDM so there won't be clogging of system resources.

You're wasting bandwith, time and resources IMO.

+1 to you Sir!!!
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 14, 2013
But I've got bandwidth and resources to waste, so why not?
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Skywalker5(m): 11:10am On Feb 14, 2013
SimonAndal: But I've got bandwidth and resources to waste, so why not?

Really?
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 14, 2013
Yup! School wifi. Downloaded 13GB in 3 days.
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Skywalker5(m): 12:11pm On Feb 14, 2013
SimonAndal: Yup! School wifi. Downloaded 13GB in 3 days.

grin grin grin grin grin . You just made me fall off my chair at work. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 14, 2013
Lemme re-phrase: 13GBs worth of files in 3 days.
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Skywalker5(m): 12:35pm On Feb 14, 2013
SimonAndal: Lemme re-phrase: 13GBs worth of files in 3 days.

grin grin i was not referring to your English. I was referring to the fact that you bragged about having bandwidth and yet it took you 3 days to download 13GB of data grin grin grin
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 14, 2013
I didn't say within 3 days.
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by kingsilly(m): 7:45am On Feb 15, 2013
SimonAndal: I didn't say within 3 days.

i downloaded 10GB FILES within 19hours using ma lovely mtn bis wid pc and you are bragging of 13gb file for 3dayz....thatz poor
Re: My Upgrade To Windows 8 by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 15, 2013
Man! Can't you guys just get it? NOT ONE FILE!!! And I'm not even emphasizing on the file size, my emphasis is on the data size...and the fact that it's with free wifi. Dunno how else to make y'all geddit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! / Is VoIP available in Nigeria? / Primavera P6 Log On Problem (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.