Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,968 members, 7,799,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

I Need Help. My Laptop Boots Up To Start-up Menu And Pause - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Need Help. My Laptop Boots Up To Start-up Menu And Pause (1321 Views)

Help My Computer Keep Beeping From Start Up / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop / Can't Find Run On My Start Menu Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help. My Laptop Boots Up To Start-up Menu And Pause by mrgbenga1: 9:57pm On Dec 22, 2012
I switched on my laptop. It boots and pause at start up menu. Then it displays a lot of options among which is; press 'Enter' to continue the start up. But after pressing the 'Enter' key the system refused to continue the booting process.

Professionals in the house please assist me.
Re: I Need Help. My Laptop Boots Up To Start-up Menu And Pause by adetwin(m): 11:07pm On Dec 22, 2012
It's OS stuff ..... Simply means ur laptop is partialy corrupt. Contact ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT Tel: 08133018196,07057140885
Re: I Need Help. My Laptop Boots Up To Start-up Menu And Pause by laykhorn(m): 11:43pm On Dec 22, 2012
Your OS is partially corrupt as adetwin said... Press this button when next it does that.
ALT+CTRL+DELETE.. the three keys together. If it stil doesnt work, you got no other option but to format the system.
Re: I Need Help. My Laptop Boots Up To Start-up Menu And Pause by dmcdad: 12:01am On Dec 23, 2012
Can you give a detailed explanation of the entire process It would really help to proffer solution on what to do. Don't re-format just yet, lets get the full detail
Re: I Need Help. My Laptop Boots Up To Start-up Menu And Pause by mrgbenga1: 7:55pm On Dec 23, 2012
Thanks for your replies.

Actually what happens is that; when i switch on my laptop it boots to start up menu and pause. Then it displays a lot of options which are: press F1 - System Information, F2 - System Diagnosis, . . . And press 'Enter' to Continue Start-Up Menu.

After pressing the "Enter'' key. Instead of the system to continue the booting process, it will show another page and later comes back to the start up menu.

I have done System Recovery. But the problem still continue.

But sometimes after pressing the 'Enter' it will continue the booting process.

Experts and Professionals I need your help.
Re: I Need Help. My Laptop Boots Up To Start-up Menu And Pause by adetwin(m): 8:11pm On Dec 23, 2012
Gud evening av u tried changing d hard disk ....... If u are sure tht all hardwares are ok
Re: I Need Help. My Laptop Boots Up To Start-up Menu And Pause by mrgbenga1: 8:28pm On Dec 23, 2012
@ Adetwin, I have not change the HDD.

But i am sure that all the hardwares are OK. Because i have performed all kinds of test under the System Diagnostics {e.g. Start up Test, Hard disk Test, Memory Test, Run-Up Test, Run-in Test, etc}. All these showed that all hardwares are perfectly working.

Thanks for your concern.
Re: I Need Help. My Laptop Boots Up To Start-up Menu And Pause by laykhorn(m): 9:41pm On Dec 24, 2012
Common! Its d Hard drive thats problematic since its about the OS. i think you can repair the OS. Wha OS do u use?
Re: I Need Help. My Laptop Boots Up To Start-up Menu And Pause by laykhorn(m): 9:42pm On Dec 24, 2012
dmcdad: Can you give a detailed explanation of the entire process It would really help to proffer solution on what to do. Don't re-format just yet, lets get the full detail
Hey bruv! Hw s lyf?
Re: I Need Help. My Laptop Boots Up To Start-up Menu And Pause by dmcdad: 12:03am On Dec 25, 2012
laykhorn:
Hey bruv! Hw s lyf?

[size=16pt]LG[/size] Life's Good.
Re: I Need Help. My Laptop Boots Up To Start-up Menu And Pause by mrgbenga1: 8:43pm On Dec 25, 2012
laykhorn: Common! Its d Hard drive thats problematic since its about the OS. i think you can repair the OS. Wha OS do u use?

Thanks for your co-operation. My Operating System is Window 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
Re: I Need Help. My Laptop Boots Up To Start-up Menu And Pause by deji2009(m): 8:35pm On Dec 26, 2012
mr.gbenga:
@ Adetwin, I have not change the HDD.

But i am sure that all the hardwares are OK. Because i have performed all kinds of test under the System Diagnostics {e.g. Start up Test, Hard disk Test, Memory Test, Run-Up Test, Run-in Test, etc}. All these showed that all hardwares are perfectly working.

Thanks for your concern.

I would suggest that you also run a memory test under diganostic (bios)
depending on the outcome of that test, you may consider backing up your
data and change your hard drive. before you do[b] check the laptop manufac...[/b]
website for [b]update to correct common issues [/b]on the 64 bit architect
Re: I Need Help. My Laptop Boots Up To Start-up Menu And Pause by mrgbenga1: 8:27pm On Dec 28, 2012
deji2009:

I would suggest that you also run a memory test under diganostic (bios)
depending on the outcome of that test, you may consider backing up your
data and change your hard drive. before you do[b] check the laptop manufac...[/b]
website for [b]update to correct common issues [/b]on the 64 bit architect

Thanks.
The problem has been resolved. The problem is due to the keyboard malfunction. I have replaced the keyboard with another one and it has been functioning perfectly.

Thanks for your co-operation.

(1) (Reply)

Light Up Your House With A Solar Inverter System Without Phcn / Brand New Laptops For Sale / My Hp Dv6 Screen Went Blank..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.