Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,754 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Getting Pregnant Before Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Getting Pregnant Before Marriage (30540 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry / You Must Get Pregnant Before We Can Wed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 23, 2012
Richvkunt: The problem now a days is that single girls dey waka waka too much.
Some girls commit more than 50 abortions/D&C before they reach 25 years of age. So no man wants to buy broken goods.
They want to test the goods to make sure they are working and can successfully produce the end product -a child.
I do not blame any man that insists on pregnancy before marriage- it is a vicious circle we live in.
50 abortions? Na wa for you o! Abeg small small dey exaggerate!
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by SpicyMimi(f): 1:20pm On Dec 23, 2012
The truth is Most Men are selfish human beings, so they careless abt others xcept themselves! Xpecially those ugly rich ones....

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by DukeNija(m): 1:43pm On Dec 23, 2012
34yrs Old Woman doing Shakara.
Ok O.

If she's decent and all, I think the Man should be understanding enough.

Getting pregnant before Marriage isn't Cool Abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 23, 2012
SpicyMimi: The truth is Most Men are selfish human beings, so they careless abt others xcept themselves! Xpecially those ugly rich ones....
best post i've read on nairaland.like my mother will say na only thief know the ways of another thief.i wont say more than this

2 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 23, 2012
berem: 50 abortions? Na wa for you o! Abeg small small dey exaggerate!

Berem,
you be small pikin.
Talk about your self.
I know wetin I dey talk- some girls destroy their wombs and ability to concieve by engaging in more than 50 abortions/D&Cs before they clock 25 years of age.
Take it from some one who knows.
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by ciphoenix: 2:22pm On Dec 23, 2012
Richvkunt:

Berem,
you be small pikin.
Talk about your self.
I know wetin I dey talk- some girls destroy their wombs and ability to concieve by engaging in more than 50 abortions/D&Cs before they clock 25 years of age.
Take it from some one who knows.
50 ke? Before 25? I seriously doubt that o

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by nikkyshyne(f): 5:17pm On Dec 23, 2012
To hell with the guy.

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by ciphoenix: 7:39pm On Dec 23, 2012
nikkyshyne: To hell with the guy.
abi o

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Kobojunkie: 8:44pm On Dec 23, 2012
berem: my cousin is very complete as a human.we are very fertile in my family.my cousin isn't the type that keep male friends.The man in question loves her so much but he is insisting on getting her preggy first.My cousin missed so many chances of getting married by her stubborness.She is an introvert to the core.Her mum is very worried because her other sisters are trying to follow her footsteps.Her younger sister also turned a guy down that wanted to marry her just because the guy is short! Well,I don't really know the kind of advice am gonna give her.There are some other women that would gladly accept but .......I don't know.am kinda confused.

How can a man who loves someone DEMAND that she must get pregnant against her own wishes before he can love her enough to marry her?

How do you know that she missed out because she is an introvert? I am an introvert and I take offense to such claims of introverts? Whether a person is introverted or not, missing out on marriage has absolutely nothing to do with such. You probably need to spend some time talking and LISTENING to your cousin to really understand why she let go of those chances before now. Unless what you all are trying to do is FORCE her to marry anyone who simply shows an interest in her . . . something I suspect is going on since it seems everyone else seems to be in her business in this, I think you should just let her be.

What is wrong with turning down a guy who is too short? Apparently she didn't love him enough for the shortness to be a non-issue. What is the big deal with that? I suspect you are probably one of those who believe it has to be marriage or nothing. I do not agree with that mentality at all. Just as a man has a right to wait for the right one, so also does a woman and she has a right to wait for as long as it takes her. Let your cousins be and mind your own life . . that will be my advice to you since it is clear that you all aren't even operating on the same wavelength, from the much you have written.

6 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 23, 2012
A child is not the reason for marriage.

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Abali1(m): 9:10pm On Dec 23, 2012
kulyie: you make it seem like the only reason for marriage is sex and children and you make it seem like thats the only thing women have to offer.what the hell is wrong wit u men that you lack self control like this

Abeg Kulie, what else is major reason/reasons for me to get married, if not for children and legally having s,ex with a clean conscience?

@op, your cousin at 34 know what she wants for herself. If I were you, I will advice her to free the guy and look for another guy who is ready to abide by her principles. Unless she can find a way to convince her guy to take her to the alter without getting pregnant.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by chuksme(m): 10:36pm On Dec 23, 2012
[quote author=tchidi]Dunno about others, but I have a strict 'no sex b4 marriage' rule!! If u can't wait till we r married, (not even traditionally sef, church!) Then back off! She should hold fast to her values! If he loves u, he'll love u even if u don't give him a child... My 2 cents sha! undecided[/quote
i

I hope you are still tender. by the time you have reached a bit older in age you will understand as a woman.

3 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by chuksme(m): 10:45pm On Dec 23, 2012
At 34 she is still making guy. she should wait until when it is 40. she is still young. when she miss this last Bus.she will be the one begging guy to come and pregnant her

2 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 23, 2012
Duke_Nija: 34yrs Old Woman doing Shakara.
Ok O.

If she's decent and all, I think the Man should be understanding enough.

Getting pregnant before Marriage isn't Cool Abeg.
ehen,if she's 34 nko? The way some people think beats me and this one will claim he is a graduate.i dont see any differenve between your intelligence quotient and that of a vulcanizer on the street

2 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 11:55pm On Dec 23, 2012
Abali1:

Abeg Kulie, what else is major reason/reasons for me to get married, if not for children and legally having s,ex with a clean conscience?

@op, your cousin at 34 know what she wants for herself. If I were you, I will advice her to free the guy and look for another guy who is ready to abide by her principles. Unless she can find a way to convince her guy to take her to the alter without getting pregnant.
so nigerians have degenerated to this level morally despite the numerous churches and uncountable mosques in nigeria.no woner stds,unwanted pregnancies and kids living wit hiv are everywhere and by the way let me enlighten you because its obvious u dont know the reason why God instituted marriage which human beings like you and poster have abused today.1.companionship,2.helping and complementing each other and lastly to multiply the earth.the bible refered to marriage as a holy institution which if anybody defiles,him shall the lord destroy.no wonder we have many 2 yr,5yr and 1yr old marriages this days and your brain didnt tell you that some marriages are facing the judgement of the lord because they have desecrated the lords holy institution or you think anyone can escape divine punishment or judgement.if God decides to punish anybody,the whole nations of the world put together cannot save that person and so when marriages face divine punishment no amount of counselling,children or money can restore it.look beyond your nose.the purpose of marriage is not sex,if it was adam and eve would have been doing nothing more than having sex twenty four hours in the garden of eden
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by ik121: 12:24am On Dec 24, 2012
Wat a hilarious nd hipocritical comments am seein.
@Op berem, u r 34 nd speakin of ursef nd no gadamn cousin of urs.
Y r u scared of getn pregnant b4 marriage?
After messin up ursef wit series of multiple abortions here nd dia u want a clean bobo 2 marri u wen u v only eba nd fufu left in ur womb abi? Eediot lyk u, dey dia.
Guyz plz stick 2 ur guns, 'NO BELLE NO MARRIAGE'
All diz babes nw na only akpu, fufu nd amala full dia tummy, no womb atall.
Moronic chicks, y'all beta die single nd mek way 4 babes wit womb.

3 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Abali1(m): 5:20am On Dec 24, 2012
eehm, Kulyie, I don't really see where you got there idea from my post that I support pregnancy before marriage.

1.companionship:
please in all sincerity women these days prefere to be companions to their career.

2.helping and complementing each other:
if you reflect on this the man, you will agree with me that the present day Nigerian woman hardly bring much to the table. If they were helping & complementing (forgive my generalization) their men, you will be seeing fewer divorce cases or broken homes.

Helping does not only mean cooking & doing house chores. It will equally means helping in some of those areas that 'we' normally see as a man's forte.

Complementing, a wife is suppose to cover up for the husband. I mean a wife is suppose to project the best image of the husband to the world. A wife & her husband is suppose to present a formidable front against those outside their marriage.
But today, a wife is the first to reveal to friends & foes her husbands weak points. When as a wife you leak info about the weak points of your husband or your marriage either by ommission or delibrately, why then do you act surprise when the enemy uses the same leaked Achiles heal to attack your home.

I believe s,ex is not the only purpose of marriage, but why do marriage counsellors keep on yapping about the need for couples to have a fulfilling se,x life in their marriage. And I have also come across where it is stated that most marriage problems originates from se,x and finance.
Moreover the bible clearly says, go into the world and multiply.

Abeg I still dey single oooh, so pardon my arrogance and ignorance.
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Impulse80(m): 7:40am On Dec 24, 2012
ik121: Wat a hilarious nd hipocritical comments am seein.
After messin up ursef wit series of multiple abortions here nd dia u want a clean bobo 2 marri u wen u v only eba nd fufu left in ur womb abi? Eediot lyk u, dey dia.
All diz babes nw na only akpu, fufu nd amala full dia tummy, no womb atall.
Honestly i don't see why all the fussing undecided undecided i want my baby gurl to be pregnant before we wed angry angry and someone is quoting bible for me undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 24, 2012
This particular issue is so enfuriating, it inspired my article for today. http://www.covenantrelationships.org/2012/12/he-wants-you-to-get-pregnant.html?m=1

I actually know of a lady who was pressurised into getting pregnant before the wedding only for the guy to die in an accident on the way to the traditional. She could not call herself a widow so his property will not be given to her to take care of the child. She was devastated.

"There are several fertility procedures today and they are very helpful but let us not try to play god, Proverbs 3:7 says Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and turn away from evil. God is the creator of all things, children come from God.God is faithful to his promises.We do not know what God may be doing in our lives - even when it seems like he is not doing anything at all. God can surprise us! 

To all the girls who want to get married, a piece of advice i heard from a man of God once, "Ruth patiently waited for her mate Boaz. While you are waiting on YOUR Boaz, don't settle for any of his relatives;  Lyin-az, Cheating-az, Dumb-az, Drunk-az, Punk-az, Scrub-az, Lockedup-az, Goodfornothing-az, Lazy-az, and especially his third cousin Beatinyo-az. Wait on your Boaz and make sure he respects Yoaz....". Read more here:" http://www.covenantrelationships.org/2012/12/he-wants-you-to-get-pregnant.html?m=1

4 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 24, 2012
parisienne: This particular issue is so enfuriating, it inspired my article for today. http://www.covenantrelationships.org/2012/12/he-wants-you-to-get-pregnant.html?m=1

I actually know of a lady who was pressurised into getting pregnant before the wedding only for the guy to die in an accident on the way to the traditional. She could not call herself a widow so his property will not be given to her to take care of the child. She was devastated.

"There are several fertility procedures today and they are very helpful but let us not try to play god, Proverbs 3:7 says Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and turn away from evil. God is the creator of all things, children come from God.God is faithful to his promises.We do not know what God may be doing in our lives - even when it seems like he is not doing anything at all. God can surprise us! 

To all the girls who want to get married, a piece of advice i heard from a man of God once, "Ruth patiently waited for her mate Boaz. While you are waiting on YOUR Boaz, don't settle for any of his relatives;  Lyin-az, Cheating-az, Dumb-az, Drunk-az, Punk-az, Scrub-az, Lockedup-az, Goodfornothing-az, Lazy-az, and especially his third cousin Beatinyo-az. Wait on your Boaz and make sure he respects Yoaz....". Read more here:" http://www.covenantrelationships.org/2012/12/he-wants-you-to-get-pregnant.html?m=1
exactly what i've been trying to say.this men are so selfish and self conceited.they think of their own convenience.@ op if you love your sister,tell her that the water she will drink will not pass by her irrespective of her age and God doesnt work by people's time.many homes are in a wreck,if you know the kind of disgusting things many women are putting up with to retain their marriage,you will marvel.any man that sincerely loves you will respect your standards and by the way someone that is already given you conditionalities before marriage,doesnt it send signals to her that her opinions or views will not be respected or do you think its by having the ring.she should also think of her long term hapiness,her personal goals etc.dont let any society presurize you into taking a rash decision you will regret.also if you get married into that kind of house not home just know your stay in that house is dependent on the number of children you are able to give birth to.heaven helps you if you compromise your stand with God to satisfy man and you end up loosing that pregnany,you will have yourself to blame and not all this men without integrity and honour will help you out

2 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by laykhorn(m): 9:45pm On Dec 24, 2012
greatgod2012:

.........why should a grown-up man be pressurised to do what he doesnt want, allowing that make him less a man.
common! Tel me ur people dnt bother you over anytin?
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 5:59am On Dec 25, 2012
ik121:

Are u human or a robot? undecided Berem is married with kids sef so STHU!! If u can't make simple intelligent commenrs, then stick to wearing masqurades n running round d village square!! Kai! You don't even know her n u r calling her names? Go get an education! And I don't refer to d ones from books and classrooms...

4 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 25, 2012
tchidi:

Are u human or a robot? undecided Berem is married with kids sef so STHU!! If u can't make simple intelligent commenrs, then stick to wearing masqurades n running round d village square!! Kai! You don't even know her n u r calling her names? Go get an education! And I don't refer to d ones from books and classrooms...
lol,thanks for that.i've told him earlier that he must have grown up in the bush among animals hence his inability to use his brain

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by sKeetz(m): 6:49pm On Dec 25, 2012
I LOVE MY WIFE#CRYING# cry
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by simo2rule(m): 12:59pm On Dec 28, 2012
Ask4bigneyo: Every successful marriage is a product of adequate preparation...

It is ur preparation dt detms ur xperience...

Ppl take so many time in sch studying abt rats n lizards bt wen it cums to marriage, they tink it z just to find a partner n walk-up to an altar...
Pls take ur time to read books abt marriage so as to prepare u ahead of marriage and there is no oda tym to prepare dan now dt u r stil single. Being a single is nt a sin, it z a stage u must pass tru in ur life. Life is in phases yl men are in sizes and every phase u accomplish in ur life prepares u 4 anoda one...

NO SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE SAYETH THE LORD TALKLESS OF GETTING PREGNANT!

Igboran san ju ebo riru, i fi eti sile san ju ora agbo lo!

GLORY!

exactly my point, what does the bible say about marriage? God instituted marriage and He hates sex. If u wanna experience honor in ur marriage, no premarital sex.

1 Like

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by victorian(f): 3:10pm On Dec 28, 2012
anyways as for me, i definitely want to be heavily pregnant before marriage...its one of my standing rule... have had female married friends, who got married the proper way, but lo and behold ... no baby till now.... they look sad and afraid of what will be their fate in their marriage. i know of another , whom the husband impregnanted after waiting for just 2yrs o, he later slept with one lady. Gbam, she got pregnant.. he secretly did their traditional marriage with the 2nd lady and rented a flat for her. The 1st wife, he married her in church, registry and trad but still no child.... the 2nd wife outside , now has a boy and a girl for him.. He rarely stays at home with the 1st wife.. just come and go angry... but what can she do, her inlaws are not even helping matters, sef.
While another section of my married frnds who got preggers first before marriage, now have babies before the 1st yr anniversary.
For me, to avoid heartache, sleepless night and unruly behaviour of some inlaw and also for my peace of mind, wanting my unborn kids around me like crazy... babies first, before marriage. smiley....no knocking me for a baby... no marriage... some men have low sperm count o, or even dead sperms... so i cant risk making that mistake.

3 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Okijajuju1(m): 3:39pm On Dec 28, 2012
Lolaabokoku: must a lady get pregnant b4 marriage? I wonder wat men took ladies 4

YES o!!

The number of Damaged goods walking around our c=society, calling themselves women are too much.. He will marry you, all he wants are babes.. Whats so hard in that..

Do you agree that he can divorce you should you fail to produce babies for him after marriage and you are not entitled to even the g-string on your waste as divorce settlement?! IF YES! Then sign a fhucking pre-nupt and lets get the marriage on!!

Women wan use Christianity cover up their faults.. This trend is not new, our fore fathers did it.. Infact, the groom was supposed to test the bride to verify she was a virgin before marriage sef back in the day.. If na today, many of una go die single..

4 Likes

Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by bigx(m): 3:40pm On Dec 28, 2012
tchidi: Dunno about others, but I have a strict 'no sex b4 marriage' rule!! If u can't wait till we r married, (not even traditionally sef, church!) Then back off! She should hold fast to her values! If he loves u, he'll love u even if u don't give him a child... My 2 cents sha! undecided

You're still less than 23 right?
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by Beync(f): 3:42pm On Dec 28, 2012
Some people like to dare God sha
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by faporori24: 3:43pm On Dec 28, 2012
tchidi: Dunno about others, but I have a strict 'no sex b4 marriage' rule!! If u can't wait till we r married, (not even traditionally sef, church!) Then back off! She should hold fast to her values! If he loves u, he'll love u even if u don't give him a child... My 2 cents sha! undecided

See this MUMU sha you want me to married second hand used wife after she don trow all child on her womb away, you must be joking you want me to married TOKUNBO sex and get pregnant then we go do wedding chikkenna nonsense.
Re: Getting Pregnant Before Marriage by vanstanzy(m): 3:47pm On Dec 28, 2012
In Deut. 23, He says he will be cursed for ten generations for creating a bastard or for incest. A bastard is one conceived out of wedlock.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Revealed: 10 Avoidable Reasons Why MOST Marriages Fail... / My Wedding Pictures / Mothers Please Advice A Frustrated Married Man.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.