Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion (19711 Views)

Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? / Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 23, 2012
Mexyz: This is nt a matter of who is better,its a matter of who's causn trouble in d camp nd who's nt. Baloteli is a gud player,bt mancity is findn it hard to control him,so to me Osaze is arrogant nd he shud sit nd watch us do without him.

That guy remains the only dedicated and patriotic Nigerian in white and green on the field. Ge gives his best till the refree blows

1 Like

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by segcymoor(m): 9:48pm On Dec 23, 2012
Osaze!
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 23, 2012
guy dont talk like this by now you ought to be the captain, all hope is not lost. dont let age depress you. try and work hard focusing on your career.remember the older a wine gets the sweeter it becomes.BTW there is presently an attraction for old experienced players.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by Samxiulee: 10:14pm On Dec 23, 2012
Smh to most of the comments on this thread,am really ashamed.....if this comments are coming from Nigerian youths...am really ashamed to be a nigerian.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by hustleranthem(m): 10:23pm On Dec 23, 2012
ayusco: I was following osaze's tweets as they were rolling in my first reaction was that of non suprise cos he is the kinda pesin who wears his heart on his sleeve. before I comment on his outburst I think keshi handled the matter badly. He is not just the coach but manager of these players as long as they are in his care. He could hav phoned him and man to man said u r not in my squad for reasons xyz then watever would hav been said woulda stayed btw dem so I think he messed up in that respect. Now to osazes tweets I am huge fan of his so it pains me to write this about him but his tweets came across as that of an arrogant spoilt brat. I think he shld take a good look at himself y its always him having issues with evry single coach. In his tweets he said lagerback didn't play him yet he was one of the first to hail his appointment. Amodu that played u you critized him publicly abt his team selection. With siasia frm wat osaze's tweeted I can only infere that you never gave him his due respect as ur coach hence Him also treating u like a junior player. Now with keshi again the issue of respect u can't b dictating to him who the captain or leaders in the team should be. Its by ur performance n influence that would determine who is a leader. Guys like oliseh yekini finidi earned the right to brag cos frankly speaking his performances for the NT were not earth shattering. Yes he did his bit but compared to martins nsofor even yakubu wey we no like he hasn't done as much as dem to be bragging about. Honestly I can c y keshi left him out cos he brings a lot of negative energy to the dressing room and evry coach worth his salt knws that goin into any competition u need a united front with minimum distraction. I think when the dust settles osaze will regret the tweets he posted
SPOT ON..U JUST NAILED IT. LEAVE OSAZE MAKE HE DEY RUN HIM MOUTH.WE NEED FRESH LEGS IN THE EAGLES CAMP AND I BELIEVE THE PLAYERS SELECTED FOR THIS TOURNAMENT WILL NOT DISAPPOINT!!!
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by hustleranthem(m): 10:28pm On Dec 23, 2012
thekoko007: its a pity some people on here can still open there mouth to abuse the young boy because he said out his mind and which also is the truth.people get intoxicated with power in this country and with any lil chance given to them they always want people to be down on there knees for them..if keshi could drop martins and also osaze i think is knowledge about the game should be question.cuz all the strikers hes going to the competition with are not tested except for ik kalu..others icannot staked my 1k on them because they have not proven to me that they are really ready to play for nigeria.the young boy has been going thru alot since he came into lime light..some people has never been comfortable with him.and is because they know he has seen it all than most of this people..young osaze..keep you cool and forget about the bad belle people.you are made and nobody can rubbish all you have achieved in football.
since they have not proven anything to you..wait till you see them play at the ANC before u conclude.who knew the 1994 eagles players before the conquered Africa? e b like say u dey wash Osaze pant o..i am very satisfied with this list and i am happy this Coach is giving the home based players a chance to prove themselves.

1 Like

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by ikennahill: 10:31pm On Dec 23, 2012
9ja belong to all of us.Thank God for keshi,let others get chance too
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by chemicool: 10:54pm On Dec 23, 2012
wetin?
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by Saintsquare(m): 10:57pm On Dec 23, 2012
Even though am not a fan of Osaze,he was indeed a very committed player while playing for de SE,I can still remember de WCQ match between Nigeria and Mozambique.SMH for NFF.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by oyeleyemaureen(m): 11:20pm On Dec 23, 2012
just thanking God that the dude was'nt called up. Assuming, he waz called, he would have been a terror in the team. So let's leave him to continue with his rubbish talk. UP SUPER EAGLES JARE!!!
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 23, 2012
stjudas: Na by force to pick u? If u were good enough u would hv been picked.
who beta pass dem for nigeria in football?...if you no no wetin u go talk u beta kip quiet YOUR mugu Pass NFF own.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 23, 2012
hustler anthem: since they have not proven anything to you..wait till you see them play at the ANC before u conclude.who knew the 1994 eagles players before the conquered Africa? e b like say u dey wash Osaze pant o..i am very satisfied with this list and i am happy this Coach is giving the home based players a chance to prove themselves.
we are talking about AFCON not street match so we need pro'f'e'tionals so bakuf
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by hustleranthem(m): 12:01am On Dec 24, 2012
Adikam:
we are talking about AFCON not street match so we need pro'f'e'tionals so bakuf
i laff in swahili cheesy so tell me,who are your so called professionals? i believe those boys pass your so called professionals like OSAZE who could not take our team to the last Nations cup and you are talking about PROFESSIONALS..wey you,go wash your OGA PANT(OSAZE)..d pant don dirty well well
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by Rossikk(m): 12:11am On Dec 24, 2012
I remember one move Osaze made at the world cup where he ran with the ball down the left flank and instead of crossing to Martins to tap into a clear goal, he just blasted the ball anyhow into touch. He then raised his arms and started blaming Martins! I was like WTF??
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by hustleranthem(m): 12:24am On Dec 24, 2012
Rossikk: I remember one move Osaze made at the world cup where he ran with the ball down the left flank and instead of crossing to Martins to tap into a clear goal, he just blasted the ball anyhow into touch. He then raised his arms and started blaming Martins! I was like WTF??
thank u..u just made me remember that incident..that goal would have been very important but he blew it up.make the guy go boil stone abeg.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by hustleranthem(m): 12:45am On Dec 24, 2012
Super Eagles Head Coach, Stephen Keshi, says he will not miss any player who did not make the team’s provisional list for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations.

Keshi disclosed this to the News Agency of Nigeria on Sunday in Abuja, in reaction to the barrage of criticisms which have trailed his list of 32 invited players.

The list was for the final phase of camping in Faro, Portugal for the competition, scheduled to kick off on Jan. 19 in South Africa.

According to Keshi, the omission of the likes of Osaze Odemwingie and Taye Taiwo was not intentional, but for the good of the country.

“We don’t need Osaze right now; that is all. He is not a bad player and there is nothing personal about it.

“It is just that at this point in time, there are some players that were not called and we don’t have anything against them. We also did not invite Obafemi Martins, why are Nigerians not talking about him?

“These players are not the only Nigerians playing; this is what we want for now. All we want for now from Nigerians is to support the players that are there in prayers,” Keshi said.

The former Togo and Mali coach added that Martins was not in the list because he did not live up to expectation when he was given the opportunity to prove his worth in the new Eagles squad.

Keshi pointed out that he was more comfortable dealing with the players he was familiar with.

“Martins is a good player and has done so well for this country. However, I have some other players I have used before and I think I have confidence in them, not that I don’t have confidence in Martins, but his time will come.

“He is still a young man and is still playing,” Keshi said.

The Chairman, Nigeria Football Association, Aminu Maigari, told NAN that Keshi’s decision on the list was final.

Maigari said that the present board of the association had vowed not to meddle with Super Eagles affairs.

“Actually the duty of the NFA board is to regulate, we don’t impose players on the coaches. But I was able to attend part of the last segment of the technical committee meeting with the coaches themselves.

“At the meeting, I asked why Osaze was not invited and the committee said it had also asked similar question, but the coach gave his reasons and they were convinced.

“I was satisfied too, because I feel it is not my right to come and say the coach must bring back a particular player,” Maigari said.

NAN reports that the Super Eagles will depart Nigeria for Faro, Portugal on December 27 for the final phase of camping for the competition.

1 Like

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by hustleranthem(m): 12:46am On Dec 24, 2012
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by Nobody: 2:52am On Dec 24, 2012
u ve bin dropped why not take heart instead of behaving like a school boy
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by semid4lyfe(m): 6:12am On Dec 24, 2012
Rossikk: I remember one move Osaze made at the world cup where he ran with the ball down the left flank and instead of crossing to Martins to tap into a clear goal, he just blasted the ball anyhow into touch. He then raised his arms and started blaming Martins! I was like WTF??

That was against Argentina in SA 2010. Good memory there. . . .
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by yemosla(m): 6:16am On Dec 24, 2012
Syenite: Osaze, simple truth is u are nt good enough. U ar nt better than Ike Uche, Ideye & Emenike.
bro I wonder if u watch football at all dis guy is good pls lets give it to him
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by Sitex(m): 6:20am On Dec 24, 2012
adora4u1: I thought he didn't want to play for Naija! Why e dey pain am na say he name no dey list?! Take heart, bro! U fit play for Russia!

Nigerians really have a short memory,i can remember when it was 'osaze' everywhere you go,when good players like ameobi were opting to play for countries other than nigeria,osaze choosed nigeria ahead of his mum's country russia,he was singlehandedly grinding out result for this country but as is usual with this shitty country mediocrity takes precedence cos am sure if its on current form none of those named players is playing better than osaze at the moment i can bet my life on that
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by yemosla(m): 6:24am On Dec 24, 2012
oyeleyemaureen: just thanking God that the dude was'nt called up. Assuming, he waz called, he would have been a terror in the team. So let's leave him to continue with his rubbish talk. UP SUPER EAGLES JARE!!!
u call dis rubbish talk ? Bro why not find out the truth of the matter before you conclude ? Dis issue of NFFs unserious ness started since the era of sunday Oliseh if u remember vividly so pls lets spare dis guy and listen to him he has the right to speak his mind . grin
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by yemosla(m): 6:32am On Dec 24, 2012
Sitex:

Nigerians really have a short memory,i can remember when it was 'osaze' everywhere you go,when good players like ameobi were opting to play for countries other than nigeria,osaze choosed nigeria ahead of his mum's country russia,he was singlehandedly grinding out result for this country but as is usual with this shitty country mediocrity takes precedence cos am sure if its on current form none of those named players is playing better than osaze at the moment i can bet my life on that
bro tanks for d reminder we seems to v short memory dis guy is even better Dan those called I wonder wats wrong wit dis country and its ruler ship kiss cry undecided
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by honeric01(m): 7:06am On Dec 24, 2012
Sitex:

So even if a player does not fit into the coach's plan, he must be picked? i don't get this, when last did you watch osaze's game? even at West brom, he's not living up to expectation, check their last 5 games and let me know what you can come up with.

Osaze is a good player but not really doing well for now and i think the coach doesn't need him for now. we still have the world cup qualifiers at hand, he never even played throughout the nations cup qualifiers, if he's needed, he'd be called. no one should be made to think he's all in all.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by GentleNaaz(m): 7:20am On Dec 24, 2012
Ibanga p:
Do u watch football at all? If u do den tel me; among doz picked who's beta dan him?
No body o. Odewengie is an icon in westbrom. Am still against keshi nt pikn hm
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by stantob(m): 8:28am On Dec 24, 2012
D guy deserve a place in that line up, pure and simple.Bad mouth or not, after what Nigerians need is bad mouth.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by vincentont(m): 9:05am On Dec 24, 2012
if osaze decide to speak the truth wat is wrong abt dt?
after all ADEBAYO voiced his own too and call it quit bt they sorted out
his difrence btwm him and their FA.
Nigeria is full of politics,OSAZE is getting payback tym wit his clash wit Saisa.
These coaches they work hand in hand.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by duddey(m): 9:17am On Dec 24, 2012
Peter,you dnt av 2remind us of what's goin on in the glass house!!its clear for evry reasonable Nigerian 2see dat our football has been on the bach foot for 10yrs running now!!no talented footballer 2reckon with!! SHAME on this potbellied administrators running our football! The AFCON footballer of the year awards counting,still no nigerian player in the top 3 atleast in the recent yrs!! And the country sleeps while we go into the oblivion!! Celebrating STATIC player like obi mikel as our best in Nigeria,SHAME!! Nigeria is just under SIEGE!! I weep 4dis country!!
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by donmatin(m): 9:34am On Dec 24, 2012
Nigerians and der running mouth.When a player is so good he leaves 4rm a small club to a bigger one,instance bin hazard Oscar De gea and odas.is West brom d biggest club in premiership dat its d only club osaze can play 4 if he is truely as good as u say.4rm lille to russia den west brom,wat happened 2 chelsea Man u and odas dat day didn't see his talnt good enuf?Mikel was so good Man u and Chelsea had 2 battle 4 him.my point bin made Osaze wnt make burkina faso's team sef,so allow d coach rest joor.we never talk of dem yekini findi jay jay sunday oliseh Kanu Taribo west mathematical segun odegami and odas na Osaze wen never start to play wen e dun day retire we day stress head abt.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by kcpumping(m): 9:55am On Dec 24, 2012
To be frank Å̶̷̩̥͡•̸Ϟ‎​ beginning to Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴͡‎​ †ђξ reason why Nigeria can not become better dan į̸̸̨ƭ Is right now, not because of tribal or religious. Differences no nt at all bt because of we no longer speak or Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴͡‎​ truth as a relevant tool in our daily activities.....when aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ i ask again when are we going to pull off †ђξ garment of cowardice aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ begin to speak like we really need a change?na waoooo
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by EmmyDe25(m): 10:03am On Dec 24, 2012
adora4u1: I thought he didn't want to play for Naija! Why e dey pain am na say he name no dey list?! Take heart, bro! U fit play for Russia!
Is pple lyk u dt wl cum up here ranting; asking for d head of Keshi cum feb because he decided to take an unfaithful Shola Ameobi who had d chance to play for us wen he was stil more of a juggernault at Newcastle buh opted to play 4 England... A drm whch he didnt live to see. Nd takin a bunch of inexprienced home-base to S/A wen we hv pple lyke Martins, Osaze nd co who hv garnered d nided xperience to stand pressure nd gv us d result nided in any competition.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion by ebunma: 10:18am On Dec 24, 2012
It means for a very long time we have been fed with lies, this guy love the team and really want to play for Nigeria you can see how painful it is to him. Well coach make sure you win that cup o...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Microsoft Cortana Wins Apple Siri / Alex Iwobi And Kelechi Iheanacho Named Players Of The Year For Their Clubs / Jeff Otah Celebrates His 34th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.