Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,957 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Xml: Extensible Markup Language - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Xml: Extensible Markup Language (981 Views)

Error With XHTML Markup / Please Does Anyone Know Xml / Oracle Development: Jdeveloper 10g – Java, J2ee, Ejb, Mvc, Xml - Overview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Xml: Extensible Markup Language by ubonessiet: 5:59pm On Feb 19, 2008
HELLO HOUSE

HAS ANYONE GOT A VAST UNDERSTANDING ON XML PROGRAMMING? I WANT TO QUERY A DATABASE FROM AN XML DESIGNED FORM (MICROSOFT INFOPATH) USING STORED PROCEDURES. CAN ANYONE HELP?

CHEERS
Re: Xml: Extensible Markup Language by kanirip: 5:47pm On Feb 21, 2008
Well I've not tried this before but if you do have the form designed in XML then you have to use some form
of XQL (i.e. XML Query Language) to execute any sort of query.

Try seaching on Google for 'XML Query Language' to get some probable solutions but this might be DBMS-specific.

If you don't want to learn XML ( which would be kinda silly since you have a form created in XML) you might want to write a [rogram in Java or C++ or C# to connect to the Database and execute the stored procedure and also generate the XML file, which you can then generate a form out of.

All of this is theoretical of course but I hope it helps.

(1) (Reply)

If You Have Something To Share, Share It, Not Your Phone No. Or Email! / Any Interest In Robotics Programming? / Help! Learning Adobe Flex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.