Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,405 members, 7,781,175 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:14 AM

Your Thoughts On A Combined Wedding/Nikkai Ceremony - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Your Thoughts On A Combined Wedding/Nikkai Ceremony (9787 Views)

Is It Allow For Muslims To Kiss On Walimatul Nikkai Ceremonial Day / Cutting Of Cake & Doing Other Western Rites In Nikkai, How Islamic Are They? / Thoughts On The Death Of Osama Bin Laden By Yasir Qadhi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Thoughts On A Combined Wedding/Nikkai Ceremony by tbaba1234: 10:00am On Dec 29, 2012
^ The next time, you copy and paste:

You might want to quote the reference: http://www.understanding-islam.com/q-and-a/other-religions/are-christians-mushrik-polytheists-or-kaafir-rejecters-4875

What does the same link say on the the term mushrik?

The above should also explain why the Qur'an , even though it has pointed out that the Jews and the Christians of the times of the Prophet (pbuh) ascribe to some polytheistic beliefs has not addressed them as "Mushrik". The Qur'an has only addressed the Banu-Ishmael and other Arab polytheists who clearly ascribed to polytheism by the term "Mushrik" (as should be clear from Al-Baqarah 2: 105, Aal Imraan 3: 67, Surah Al-Taubah 9: 1 - 33, Al-Bayyinah 98: 1).

In the light of the above explanation, in my opinion, the Christians should not be called "Mushrik" or "Kaafir". We may say that Christians ascribe to polytheistic beliefs but should not call them polytheists, as the Qur'an has not called them polytheists. Likewise, we can call them "non-Muslims", but should not call them "Kaafir", as we do not know who among them has knowingly rejected Islam and who has not accepted Islam because he was not convinced of it being the final truth from God.

You can not quote one part and leave out another. It shows an intellectual dishonesty.

You have to respect the Quranic usage of words before coming up with unintelligent conclusions. The people of the book are not called mushrik in spite of their polytheistic beliefs. Please do proper studies instead of copying, editing and pasting.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On A Combined Wedding/Nikkai Ceremony by Ymodulus: 3:36pm On Dec 29, 2012
Mr i cant deny the fact i took the article from the said url. but i ust tell you that i didnt conclude the end because he was wrong at his conclusions. now let me support my facts.

MUSHRIKS
are said to be people who acclaims a partner to god.
now the question is do christian fall under this category? yes they do though not all.
Why?
when christians call trinity they are acclaiming partners to god. mr dey say God the fada, son and holy spirit. that they are three gods yet in one and they believe the three gods make decision in unison. But there is one fact not all christians believe in trinity.

Now back to the main bone of emphasis. it goes can christians be referred to as MUSHRIKS
Answer
Yes the can be referred to as MUSHRIKS though not all just those who believe on trinity. so please read your quran well and understand all it says before coming out here to spill rubbish!!!!!!.

Lastly my advice dont cram the quran like 90% of u do. bye
Re: Your Thoughts On A Combined Wedding/Nikkai Ceremony by tbaba1234: 3:50pm On Dec 29, 2012
^ Lol, grin caught with his pants down,

Anyway, your conclusion is still invalid...

I am actually studying the Quran and i am also trying my best to 'cram' it. Respect the Quran usage of the word mushrik, instead of trying to put people in a box that the Quran does not put them into.

Yes, they do commit acts of shirk but they have a status in Islam as the people of the book, and that is what they are referred to as in the Quran, not mushriks.. Some Christians at the time of the prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) also believed in the trinity, It didn't stop them from been called people of the book. This is because they still have parts of God's revelation with them.

Again, Intellectual humility would be useful for you.
Re: Your Thoughts On A Combined Wedding/Nikkai Ceremony by Ymodulus: 4:06pm On Dec 29, 2012
tbaba1234: ^ Lol, grin caught with his pants down,

Anyway, your conclusion is still invalid...

I am actually studying the Quran and i am also trying my best to 'cram' it. Respect the Quran usage of the word mushrik, instead of trying to put people in a box that the Quran does not put them into.

Yes, they do commit acts of shirk but they have a status in Islam as the people of the book, and that is what they are referred to as in the Quran, not mushriks.. Some Christians at the time of the prophet also believed in the trinity, It didn't stop them from been called people of the book. This is because they still have parts of God's revelation with them.

Mr you juat nailed yoursef. they commit the acts of shirk.

Note if somebody drinks just once for a day i cant term him a drunkard never, but when he does this constantly and even messes himself up, then he fits the description of a drunkard. now in relation christians dont just commits this act of shirks have u ave said once. the do it constantly and so are shirks.

Again, Intellectual humility would be useful for you.
Am sorry if i insulted you am sorry on that.
Re: Your Thoughts On A Combined Wedding/Nikkai Ceremony by tbaba1234: 4:15pm On Dec 29, 2012
^ A simple illustration,

A teacher says to a class of students: No student should address me except the class prefect and his assistant... Why does the teacher select only those two? They are all students , right? They have a status with the teacher, and are given the privilege.

Same goes with the people of the book, they do commit acts of shirk but they have a status: the people of the book. The Quran never addresses them as mushrik even though it highlights their acts of shrik.

Be honest with the book and you have no problems.
Re: Your Thoughts On A Combined Wedding/Nikkai Ceremony by Ymodulus: 4:22pm On Dec 29, 2012
tbaba1234: ^ A simple illustration,

A teacher says to a class of students: No student should address me except the class prefect and his assistant... Why does the teacher select only those two? They are all students , right? They have a status with the teacher, and are given the privilege.

Same goes with the people of the book, they do commit acts of shirk but they have a status: the people of the book. The Quran never addresses them as mushrik even though it highlights their acts of shrik.

Be honest with the book and you have no problems.

\
sorry but ur narration dont sum up
Re: Your Thoughts On A Combined Wedding/Nikkai Ceremony by tbaba1234: 4:42pm On Dec 29, 2012
hehe, ofcourse
Re: Your Thoughts On A Combined Wedding/Nikkai Ceremony by tpia5: 5:39pm On Dec 29, 2012
Wedding ceremony is different from marriage.

Those who can attend one or both of the combined one, should do so, and those who cant for whatever reason, should not.

Minus the immediate families involved, it does not concern other people.

If that's the way the couple wants it, and their families have agreed to it, then that's that.
Re: Your Thoughts On A Combined Wedding/Nikkai Ceremony by zaklamar: 4:41pm On Jan 24, 2013
There is nothing like combined wedding in islam.it is a pity that we are just wasting our time attending such miserable wedding. anyway,we are going to full our stomach in such nonsense gathering.THINGS ARE REALLY CHANGING MAY GOD HELP US.
Re: Your Thoughts On A Combined Wedding/Nikkai Ceremony by aronkyshire: 3:35pm On Feb 03, 2015
Asalam Alaikum everyone.

Please I want to ask what items are to be brought by the groom or groom's family for the Nikkai rights. I know of the dowry, but I am not sure if other items are also brought such as Quran, Hadith etc.

Awaiting your responses.

Thank you
Re: Your Thoughts On A Combined Wedding/Nikkai Ceremony by lacicrips(m): 7:38pm On Jul 25, 2017
sammieone:
In candid interest, is it bad? Sincerely my babe want a nikkah and am a christian. We will have nikai on friday (as planned) prior the saturday event (although I have not made up my mind if we will do church service).... Am christian and she is from muslim family.
Hi bro! Did this marriage ever work out? I'm about to take a Muslim wife. I'm a Christian.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Go Easy On Yourself (may Allah Have Mercy On You) / .. / The Importance Of Sadaqah In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.