Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,159 members, 7,807,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire (188624 Views)

Gur People Of Burkina, Mali, Cote D'ivoire, Ghana, Togo, Benin, Niger / Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... / The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (54) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 25, 2012
Akan singer (Mathey) sybellah it's for you, I know you love her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhpa1JFK5EY
Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 25, 2012
ivorian225: Akan singer (Mathey) sybellah it's for you, I know you love her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhpa1JFK5EY

merci bro, c'est gentil kiss
joyeux noel smiley
Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 25, 2012
Sybellah:

merci bro, c'est gentil kiss
joyeux noel smiley
merci et joyeux noel a toi aussi

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:36am On Dec 26, 2012
Beautiful Monique Seka smiley
She looks great with the Kente wrapper on her head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79ZYVnLIpOI

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:56am On Dec 26, 2012
Queen Pokou and Baoule Migration in painting

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Nppl-nUAX54/UJm6URPfT1I/AAAAAAAAHqM/ATqXzRQlxOM/s640/abla.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 26, 2012
@ Syb tell me, agni and brong are not ashanti?
Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 26, 2012
ivorian225: @ Syb tell me, agni and brong are not ashanti?

nope brong are just brong, there is also a brong community (larger than ours ) in Ghana.

For the Agni i ain't sure, but i ve read that there are also agni in Ghana but in a smaller # , i asked to a few ghanaians if they knew an ethnic group called agni but they said no...so i thought maybe they go under another name there, like the Guere in CIV that are Khran in Lib (and Guerze in Guinea, here i am not 100% sure if guerze and khran are the same)

There is a community that migrated from CIV (around the Ano region) to ghana, togo and benin...they are a mixed of Agni and Malinke and are called Tchokossi. They r most of the time muslim and their language is a mix of akan and mandinka languages. I know in CIV a sizeable pop of Agni is muslim, but except for the religion, did these agni also mixed with malinke? And are their language a bit different from the original Agni? Are there like the Andoh from CIV who are a mix of Baoule and Malinke? (Ahoua Ewura is Andoh i think)

This what the Tchokossi sound like, their language sounds more like an Akan language than Mandinka, are u able to repere a few words from here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW2oAVANDmM

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 26, 2012
Sybellah:

nope brong are just brong, there is also a brong community (larger than ours ) in Ghana.

For the Agni i ain't sure, but i ve read that there are also agni in Ghana but in a smaller # , i asked to a few ghanaians if they knew an ethnic group called agni but they said no...so i thought maybe they go under another name there, like the Guere in CIV that are Khran in Lib (and Guerze in Guinea, here i am not 100% sure if guerze and khran are the same)

There is a community that migrated from CIV (around the Ano region) to ghana, togo and benin...they are a mixed of Agni and Malinke and are called Tchokossi. They r most of the time muslim and their language is a mix of akan and mandinka languages. I know in CIV a sizeable pop of Agni is muslim, but except for the religion, did these agni also mixed with malinke? And are their language a bit different from the original Agni? Are there like the Andoh from CIV who are a mix of Baoule and Malinke? (Ahoua Ewura is Andoh i think)
no oooh, we don't have mandinka neighbor like the baoulé so there is not in civ a people who are a mix of agni and mandika, but for the andoh, je savais ça!! mais je savais pas que awa ehura était andoh
Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 26, 2012
ivorian225: no oooh, we don't have mandinka neighbor like the baoulé so there is not in civ a people who are a mix of agni and mandika, but for the andoh, je savais ça!! mais je savais pas que awa ehura était andoh

aa ok, but u know there is a sizeable pop of Agni that converted to islam right, so I thought those were maybe the ancestors of the tchokossi

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 26, 2012
le tchokossi la ressemble agni/baoulé heiiiiin
Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 26, 2012
ivorian225: le tchokossi la ressemble agni/baoulé heiiiiin
sisi tu vois non, they sound more agni/baoule than mandinka but there are a mix of the 2 cultures and are muslim in majority

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 26, 2012
Sybellah:

aa ok, but u know there are a sizeable pop of Agni that converted to islam right, so I thought those were maybe the ancestors of the tchokossi
si si je suis au courant pour les agnis musulmans, concernant les ancetres des tchokossi, je pensait que les baoulés étaient leurs ancetres, ce qu'on m'as dis oooh
Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 26, 2012
Sybellah: sisi tu vois non, they sound more agni/baoule than mandinka but there are a mix of the 2 cultures and are muslim in majority
si si I know them very well, because i have a good friend qui est tchokossi
Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 26, 2012
ivorian225: si si je suis au courant pour les agnis musulmans, concernant les ancetres des tchokossi, je pensait que les baoulés étaient leurs ancetres, ce qu'on m'as dis oooh

but Ano region is en pays Agni no Or maybe them and the Andoh are the same too

I started to doubt also about the Abbey being an Akan group, i have seen a few sources that said there were actually Ewe, so I tried to listen to the Ewe language and they mo'fvcking sound like the Abbey and Attie grin
I was very surprised. I made my dad listen to it, but he said he dun understand a word, he dun understand abbey too tho abbey and attie sound alike. Maybe because he is a southern attie. The attie from Anyama (my region) is somewhat different from the Attie from Adzope, Attie from Adzope can understand Abbey to some extent.

This is what the Ewe of Ghana and Togo sound like, striking right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfxvBsOLOIw

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 26, 2012
ivorian225: si si I know them very well, because i have a good friend qui est tchokossi

aah ok smiley
Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 26, 2012
Sybellah:

but Ano region is en pays Agni no Or maybe them and the Andoh are the same too

I started to doubt also about the Abbey being an Akan group, i have seen a few sources that said there were actually Ewe, so I tried to listen to the Ewe language and they mo'fvcking sound like the Abbey and Attie grin
I was very surprised. I made my dad listen to it, but he said he dun understand a word, he dun understand abbey too tho abbey and attie sound alike. Maybe because he is a southern attie. The attie from Anyama (my region) is somewhat different from the Attie from Adzope, Attie from Adzope can understand Abbey to some extent.

This is what the Ewe of Ghana and Togo sound like, striking right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfxvBsOLOIw
@ Syb prend mon gbo, tu es tro forte, c'est claire pour moi les attié abbey ne sont pas akan, je crois qu'ils sont Ewé, j'ai lu beaucoup de livre ou on decris les abbey comme des ewés, mais je sais pas pourquoi en civ, on les class comme akan
Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 26, 2012
@Syb, je vais bientot crée un website sur les akan et kru de cote d'ivoire pour l'instant puis j'elargirai aux autres groupes, vue que tu as une bonne connaissance de certains peuples, je te proposerai de participé a la redaction de certains articles.
Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 26, 2012
ivorian225: @ Syb prend mon gbo, tu es tro forte, c'est claire pour moi les attié abbey ne sont pas akan, je crois qu'ils sont Ewé, j'ai lu beaucoup de livre ou on decris les abbey comme des ewés, mais je sais pas pourquoi en civ, on les class comme akan

grin grin cool thx bro

I think the Attie are a mixed ethnic group, they have some Ewe and some Aowin, Ahizi, Abbey, Ebrie in them (in the Attie language there are a few modified baoule words, and some weird agencement in their expression, but the Abbey should be more Ewe than Akan (them too are somewhat mixed tho, but not to the same extent as the Attie). Later I ll send you the document about the formation of southern akan ethnik groups by email smiley

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 26, 2012
ivorian225: @Syb, je vais bientot crée un website sur les akan et kru de cote d'ivoire pour l'instant puis j'elargirai aux autres groupes, vue que tu as une bonne connaissance de certains peuples, je te proposerai de participé a la redaction de certains articles.

haaaaaaaan , c'est pas affaire hein, beautiful initiative, prend mon gbo frang1 t trop bien quoi kiss
ce qui est sur tu peux compter sur moi, je ferai tt pr t'aider. But i have to find the time too. Just tell me when u are starting and i ll tell u how i can help kiss

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 26, 2012
Sybellah:

grin grin cool thx bro

I think the Attie are a mixed ethnic group, they have some Ewe and some Aowin, Ahizi, Abbey, Ebrie in them (in the Attie language there are a few modified baoule words, and some weird agencement in their expression, but the Abbey should be more Ewe than Akan (them too are somewhat mixed tho, but not to the same extent than the Attie). Later I ll send you the document about the formation of southern akan ethnik groups by email smiley
ok coool, j'attends ça!!! j'ai see la video, l'Ewé ressemble a de l'abbey
Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 26, 2012
ivorian225: ok coool, j'attends ça!!! j'ai see la video, l'Ewé ressemble a de l'abbey

sisi, but can u make the distinction when an Abbey speak and when an Attie speak, cause me i can't, they sound alike to me.

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 26, 2012
Sybellah:

haaaaaaaan , c'est pas affaire hein, beautiful initiative, prend mon gbo frang1 t trop bien quoi kiss
ce qui est sur tu peux compter sur moi, je ferai tt pr t'aider. But i have to find the time too. Just tell me when u are starting and i ll tell u how i can help kiss
ok cooool, moi même je compte commencer debut février, quand j'aurais bien delimiter les sujets et tous, je te ferais signe smiley

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 26, 2012
Sybellah:

sisi, but can u make the distinction when an Abbey speak and when an Attie speak, cause me i can't, they sound alike to me.
me too, I can't!!!! mais bon j'ai toujours pensait comme s'il comprennait un peu comme bété/dida ou agni/baoulé
Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 26, 2012
ivorian225: me too, I can't!!!! mais bon j'ai toujours pensait comme s'il comprennait un peu comme bété/dida ou agni/baoulé

si je me fi a mon vieux, non ooo they do not understand each other, but since Anyaman Attie do not understand very well Adzope Attie, maybe the former is the one who can't understand at all the Abbey. Because this is surprising, when u listen to the 2 languages (Abbey and Attie) they sound the same.
Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 26, 2012
ivorian225: ok coool, j'attends ça!!! j'ai see la video, l'Ewé ressemble a de l'abbey

i sent u the doc, enjoy wink

i have to run c ya later smiley
Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 26, 2012
ivorian225: ok cooool, moi même je compte commencer debut février, quand j'aurais bien delimiter les sujets et tous, je te ferais signe smiley

cool wink
Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 26, 2012
CIV cool

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 26, 2012

1 Like

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 26, 2012
Hmmmm....

My Fifa 13 Cote D'Ivoire Starting 11

Curious to know, If You Know The Tribes/Ethnic Groups These Men May Come From.

Based on their Names and Public Info on them.

You Probably would know 5-6 right off the top of your head, Maybe.

4-2-4

Gk Copa Boubacar Barry

Place of birth Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire

Right Back: Emmanuel Eboue

RCB: Didier Zokora

LCB: Kolo Toure

Place of birth Bouaké, Côte d'Ivoire

Lb : Souleymane Bamba

Place of birth Ivry-sur-Seine, France

[img]http://www.football.fr/football/images/photosjoueurs/bamba-souleyman-28602.jpg[/img]

Rcm: Cheick Tiote

Place of birth Yamoussoukro, Ivory Coast

Lcm: Yaya Toure

Place of birth Bouaké, Côte d'Ivoire

Right Wing: Gervais Yao Kouassi (Gervino)

Place of birth Anyama, Côte d'Ivoire

[img]http://www.sport.fr/photos/ligue-1-psg-apres-gameiro-gervino-222156.jpg[/img]

Right Striker: Didier Drogba

Left Striker: Seydou Doumbia

Place of birth Yamoussoukro, Côte d'Ivoire

Left Wing: Abdul Kader Keita

Place of birth Abidjan, Ivory Coast

[img]http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Keita+Abdul+Kader+Ivory+Coast+v+Republic+Korea+61QNCvGT7Nfl.jpg[/img]

And Lastly Just out of curiosity

Lacina Traoré (The 6'8" Bum i use for Set Pieces)...

What Tribe does the Name Traoré Belong To?...Because i love that Name.

Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 26, 2012
Copa Barry is actually Fula, he is born in CIV from guinean parents
Eboue = Baoule 100% (note when i say 100% the 2 parents are from the same ethnic group)
Zokora= Bhete 100%
Kolo & Yaya= Senoufo 100%
Bamba= Mandinka (precisely Koyaka or maybe Mahouka)
Tiote= Senoufo
Gervinho= Brong (his name is Baoule but he said he is brong)
Drogba= Bhete 100%
Doumbia= Mandinka
Keita= Mandinka 50% (dad) / Bhete 50% (mum)
Traore= Mandinka
Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 26, 2012
الملكي فوق الله:
What Tribe does the Name Traoré Belong To?...Because i love that Name.

Traore is Malinke/Mandinka originaly, but today u can find senoufo with this name because they have interacted with malinke or dioula and many converted to islam.
Those name are originally Mandinka and u can find them in CIV, Mali, Senegal, Burkina, Guinea...any country with mandinka population:
Traore, Keita, Toure, Kone, Cisse, Doumbia, Coulibaly, Sanogo, Ouattara, Sy-Savane, Sidibe, Camara, Fofana, Kante, Bangoura, Kourouma (Kourouma is more often Guinea & CIV), Konate, Kamagate, Diakite...

Some mandinka name most common in CIV than anywhere else:
Soumahoro, Bakayoko, Diomande, Bamba, Sy-Savane...

A few original Senoufo surnames:
Gbon, Sekongo, Kolo, Gnire, Gnegneri, Soro, Tuho, Silue, Tiote, Tiene...
Re: Akan Of Ghana And Cote D'ivoire by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 26, 2012
Sybellah:

Traore is Malinke/Mandinka originaly, but today u can find senoufo with this name because they have interacted with malinke or dioula and many converted to islam.
Those name are originally Mandinka and u can find them in CIV, Mali, Senegal, Burkina, Guinea...any country with mandinka population:
Traore, Keita, Toure, Kone, Cisse, Doumbia, Coulibaly, Sanogo, Ouattara, Sy-Savane...

Some mandinka name most common in CIV than anywhere else:
Soumahoro, Bakayoko, Diomande, Bamba, Sy-Savane...

A few original Senoufo surnames:
Gbon, Sekongo, Kolo, Gnire, Gnegneri, Soro, Tuho,...

Sybellah: Copa Barry is actually Fula, he is born in CIV from guinean parents
Eboue = Baoule 100% (note when i say 100% the 2 parents are from the same ethnic group)
Zokora= Bhete 100%
Kolo & Yaya= Senoufo 100%
Bamba= Mandinka (precisely Koyaka or maybe Mahouka)
Tiote= Senoufo
Gervinho= Brong (his name is Baoule but he said he is brong)
Drogba= Bhete 100%
Doumbia= Mandinka
Keita= Mandinka 50% (dad) / Bhete 50% (mum)
Traore= Mandinka

.................. kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (54) (Reply)

If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here! / Ònkà Yorùbá: Numbers And Numbering System In Yorùbá / 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.