Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,140 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; (5184 Views)

Who Is Your Favourite Pastor In Terms Of Message Delivering? / WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing / Even More Anonyism! There Is No Good Without Reward!! Christian Logic Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 3:22am On Dec 24, 2012
children were shot and killed in school by a crazed killer.

This is Anony's defense in a nutshell (explained by an American christian on facebook) -

I wonder how many psychopaths are shielded with the guise of religion. How can one look at a mother who has lost children to a murderer, especially one who doesnt follow your religion or even believe in God that "it is all God's plan...God is good and he even sacrificed his own son"

Christians, sit down and think about your religion before you start claiming that logicboy and other atheists are trolls

2 Likes

Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by plaetton: 3:40am On Dec 24, 2012
Yes.
Religion is indeed a big mystery, perhaps even more mysterious than the universe itself.
It always puzzles me when people embrace and cling to god immediately after a tragedy, even though god, the omnipotent, omniscience and omnipresent protector and receiver of many prayers for protection, fails to perform the basic protective needs of his faithful.

Isn't it always too convenient that when something terrible happens, it is because god allowed it , or willed it to happen? Why aren't they cursing god for allowing or willing this type of tragedy to happen?
The devil caused it, but god willed it to happen.

Can anything be more absurd?

2 Likes

Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 3:50am On Dec 24, 2012
plaetton: Yes.
Religion is indeed a big mystery, perhaps even more mysterious than the universe itself.
It always puzzles me when people embrace and cling to god immediately after a tragedy, even though god, the omnipotent, omniscience and omnipresent protector and receiver of many prayers for protection, fails to perform the basic protective needs of his faithful.

Isn't it always too convenient that when something terrible happens, it is because god allowed it , or willed it to happen? Why aren't they cursing god for allowing or willing this type of tragedy to happen?
The devil caused it, but god willed it to happen.
Can anything be more absurd?

The post has really angered me.

It shows an intolerant and psychopathic view of the world. People are dead and the christian doesnt even care if their greiving families follow his religion, he just preaches his BS that it was God's will.

I wonder if it is God's will for me to deal him some slaps?

1 Like

Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 4:47am On Dec 24, 2012
Logicboy03: This is Anony's defense in a nutshell (explained by an American christian on facebook)

Its pathetic what the killer did. But come o! Was it anony that made that facebook comment or you just want to label it on him? I dont understand! Did you discussed wif him personally or in a forum to come to this conclusion?
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 4:55am On Dec 24, 2012
hisblud:
Its pathetic what the killer did. But come o! Was it anony that made that facebook comment or you just want to label it on him? I dont understand! Did you discussed wif him personally or in a forum to come to this conclusion?

Wait till Anony comes. He has given A similar defense. That we dont know what God knows and so we cant judge such tragedy as evil...
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by ifeegee(f): 5:40am On Dec 24, 2012
Logicboy03:

Wait till Anony comes. He has given A similar defense. That we dont know what God knows and so we cant judge such tragedy as evil...
Logicboy? Your desperation in trying to make ur godless self feel good about ur belief is palpable.You're really crying out 4 help,& help u shall definitely get one of these days.Peace!
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by MrAnony1(m): 5:45am On Dec 24, 2012
I'll ask one question of Logicboy:

In your opinion, is there more to those children than just their physical bodies?
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by plaetton: 6:19am On Dec 24, 2012
Mr_Anony: I'll ask one question of Logicboy:

In your opinion, is there more to those children than just their physical bodies?

Just as expected.

In your mind, having their young physical bodies pierced and extinguished by hot lead bullets is no big deal, because your god guards or has fortified their non-physical bodies, Right?

This logic is not only tragic, but is desperately demented.

2 Likes

Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by plaetton: 6:25am On Dec 24, 2012
^^^^
Let me guess, you are going to tell us that the dead children are now with god , right?

Well, I am quite sure that the parents of those children wish for those children to be in no safer place than in the loving arms of their moms and dads, and not in the embrace of the god who supposedly willed and allowed such a violent tragedy to occur.

1 Like

Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by ifeegee(f): 6:43am On Dec 24, 2012
@Plaetton: Apparently,they're no longer in the safe & loviny arms of mom & dad, and they sure are not in ur own arms.Where do u really think they are?
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by ijawkid(m): 6:43am On Dec 24, 2012
Logicboy03: "it is all God's plan...God is good and he even sacrificed his own son"

This is wrong........
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 24, 2012
ifee-gee:
@Plaetton: Apparently,they're no longer in the safe & loviny arms of mom & dad, and they sure are not in ur own arms.Where do u really think they are?
Wtf?
Ok, let's continue this madness.
Were they all believers?
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 6:47am On Dec 24, 2012
ijawkid:

This is wrong........
How?
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by MrAnony1(m): 7:17am On Dec 24, 2012
plaetton:

Just as expected.

In your mind, having their young physical bodies pierced and extinguished by hot lead bullets is no big deal, because your god guards or has fortified their non-physical bodies, Right?
Interesting how I asked a simple question of logicboy and all of a sudden your super magical powers starts exercising its mind reading skills.

This logic is not only tragic, but is desperately demented.
I wonder what "logic" exactly you are commenting on from a mere question.

Let me guess, you are going to tell us that the dead children are now with god , right?
Now you deliver to us your guess

Well, I am quite sure that the parents of those children wish for those children to be in no safer place than in the loving arms of their moms and dads, and not in the embrace of the god who supposedly willed and allowed such a violent tragedy to occur.
Next you tell us what you are "quite sure of". . . .and yeah why not throw in a quip at God for good measure.

My friend all you have done here is pick a question, invent guess your theory from it and then criticize your guess. If you would like to help logicboy answer the question, please do. If not.................well, I'll just say thanks for sharing your guess with us, unfortunately it has been absolutely useless to my question.

2 Likes

Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by MrAnony1(m): 7:21am On Dec 24, 2012
musKeeto:
Wtf?
Ok, let's continue this madness.
Were they all believers?
The question was "where do you really think they are?" Please how exactly is that question mad and what exactly does asking if they were believers have to do with the simple question: Where do you think they are?
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 24, 2012
O Chi m!
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:
The question was "where do you really think they are?" Please how exactly is that question mad and what exactly does asking if they were believers have to do with the simple question: Where do you think they are?
The question is mad. People are dead, and you're asking where they are? Isn't that madness?

Where's Fela? Where's Bola Ige?

I'm quite sure the Xtian non-frosbellic answer to the question would be they're in heaven, in the bosom of the Lord. Of course, the only way that would happen is if they were Xtians/believers. I did y'all a favour by skipping that absurdity.

2 Likes

Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by plaetton: 7:36am On Dec 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Their bodies are rotting in the ground. That fact we know. Any other explanation, no matter how elegant or even remotely probable, is nothing but wishful conjectures and fantasies.

The key question for me is: why can't we equally curse god when he fumbles, when he, according to our own beliefs, wills and allows to happen, things and tragic events that are very destructive and painful to us?

1 Like

Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by ijawkid(m): 7:39am On Dec 24, 2012
musKeeto:
How?

That it is Gods will or plan for those kids to die is so wrong!!!......
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 24, 2012
ijawkid:

That it is Gods will or plan for those kids to die is so wrong!!!......
So what happened went against God's will?

Do you know what God's will is? What exactly is God's will?

Can God's will be superseded?
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by plaetton: 7:43am On Dec 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Interesting how I asked a simple question of logicboy and all of a sudden your super magical powers starts exercising its mind reading skills.

I wonder what "logic" exactly you are commenting on from a mere question.

Now you deliver to us your guess

Next you tell us what you are quite sure of. . . .and yeah why not throw in a quip at God for good measure.

My friend all you have done here is pick a question, invent guess your theory from it and then criticize your guess. If you would like to help logicboy answer the question, please do. If not.................well, I'll just say thanks for sharing your guess with us, unfortunately it has been absolutely useless to my question.

You are the foremost defender of the faith, and as such, you have become very predictable.
By your question, I knew exactly where you were heading. I pre-emtively stepped ahead of you, simply in order to block you and spare us what would have been,predicably, an assault on our common senses.
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by plaetton: 7:48am On Dec 24, 2012
^^^^^
It seems that god is much like a typical Nigerian office holder.
He seems to enjoy a perpetual injunction against any type of accountability.

2 Likes

Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by ifeegee(f): 7:52am On Dec 24, 2012
musKeeto:
The question is mad. People are dead, and you're asking where they are? Isn't that madness?

I'm quite sure the Xtian non-frosbellic answer to the question would be they're in heaven, in the bosom of the Lord. Of course, the only way that would happen is if they were Xtians/believers. I did y'all a favour by skipping that absurdity.
Your arguments are rhetoric,tell me smthing I do not know about and will continue from there.Less I 4get tell me where u reall think they are from an atheist point view.

1 Like

Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 24, 2012
ifee-gee:
Your arguments are rhetoric,tell me smthing I do not know about and will continue from there.Less I 4get tell me where u reall think they are from an atheist point view.
Tell you something you don't know about?

Isn't that the job of a Xtian?
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by ifeegee(f): 7:54am On Dec 24, 2012
musKeeto:

Your arguments are rhetoric,tell me smthing I do not know about and we'll continue from there.Less I 4get tell me where u reall think they are from an atheist point view.
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by MrAnony1(m): 8:03am On Dec 24, 2012
musKeeto:
You have still not shown why the question is mad. "isn't that madness?" does not qualify as a suitable answer.

Where do you think they are?

Lol, another "quite sure" person. It is interesting how you are asked a question but instead of answer you resort to the magic art of mind reading and then give an answer to whatever you pull out of your magical hat. SMH

Please my guy, if you are going to answer her, answer her. If not move on. She asked for what you think, please don't try to tell her what she thinks
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by MrAnony1(m): 8:05am On Dec 24, 2012
musKeeto:
Tell you something you don't know about?

Isn't that the job of a Xtian?
Really? Where did you get that from? Or do you now have a Christian job description manual that we don't know about?
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:
You have still not shown why the question is mad. "isn't that madness?" does not qualify as a suitable answer.

Where do you think they are?

Lol, another "quite sure" person. It is interesting how you are asked a question but instead of answer you resort to the magic art of mind reading and then give an answer to whatever you pull out of your magical hat. SMH

Please my guy, if you are going to answer her, answer her. If not move on. She asked for what you think, please don't try to tell her what she thinks
Accusing me of d same thing you're guilty of.

What does death mean to you? Can you ask for one's location when the person's dead?
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 24, 2012
Mr_Anony: I'll ask one question of Logicboy:

How irrelevant.

I just knew that you would be ashamed of your kindm of reasoning exposed by the op and you wouldnt be able to addresss it head on.
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by MrAnony1(m): 8:09am On Dec 24, 2012
plaetton:

Their bodies are rotting in the ground. That fact we know. Any other explanation, no matter how elegant or even remotely probable, is nothing but wishful conjectures and fantasies.
So their bodies are rotting in the ground. You have answered well. The question that follows now is: Is there more to them than just their bodies?

The key question for me is: why can't we equally curse god when he fumbles, when he, according to our own beliefs, wills and allows to happen, things and tragic events that are very destructive and painful to us?
Do you now believe in God?
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 24, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Really? Where did you get that from? Or do you now have a Christian job description manual that we don't know about?

Matt. 28
19 Therefore go and make
disciples of all nations, baptizing
them in the name of the Father and
of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20 and teaching them to obey
everything I have commanded you.
And surely I am with you always, to
the very end of the age.”

Acts 17
16 While Paul was waiting for them
in Athens, he was greatly distressed
to see that the city was full of idols.
17 So he reasoned in the synagogue
with both Jews and God-fearing
Greeks, as well as in the marketplace
day by day with those who happened
to be there. 18 A group of Epicurean
and Stoic philosophers began to
debate with him. Some of them
asked, “What is this babbler trying to
say?” Others remarked, “He seems to
be advocating foreign gods.” They
said this because Paul was preaching
the good news about Jesus and the
resurrection. 19 Then they took him
and brought him to a meeting of the
Areopagus, where they said to him,
“May we know what this new
teaching is that you are presenting?
20 You are bringing some strange
ideas to our ears, and we would like
to know what they mean.” 21 (All the
Athenians and the foreigners who
lived there spent their time doing
nothing but talking about and
listening to the latest ideas.)
Re: Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; by MrAnony1(m): 8:10am On Dec 24, 2012
Logicboy03:

How irrelevant.

I just knew that you would be ashamed of your kindm of reasoning exposed by the op and you wouldnt be able to addresss it head on.
This is me addressing it head on and this is you evading my question

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Qur’an – A Manual For Suicide Bombers / Why Do You Love God? / Is Tb Joshua Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.