Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,845 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:12 AM

Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate (8370 Views)

Explosion At Anioma Filling Station Asaba (Photo / 8 Categories Of People You See In Filling Station During Fuel Scarcity / Air Force Corporal Slaps Inspector At Filling Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by elderbros(m): 7:31pm On Dec 24, 2012
Fire at texaco filling station, setraco Gwarimpa Estate

1 Like

Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by jamp: 11:32pm On Dec 24, 2012
Somebody should call fire service immediately. This fire is too much
Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by CoolKizzy(m): 11:33pm On Dec 24, 2012
@op, pls move away from that scene as fast as u can, that sh.it might explode.

i bet Fire service guys and NEMA will arive in the morning around 5am when everything is dust already
Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by informatix: 11:33pm On Dec 24, 2012
grin subsidy reward. Any way refund our dollar MRS.

1 Like

Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by k2039: 11:37pm On Dec 24, 2012
I hope it's not a result of knockout

2 Likes

Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by donPhill(m): 11:39pm On Dec 24, 2012
d fire service shld have been there by now.....mtcheeeew
Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by ashson: 11:40pm On Dec 24, 2012
Allah kyauta na gaba...
Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by kelvincoll(m): 11:48pm On Dec 24, 2012
With the way Nigerians build residential homes close of gas stations, i really do fear for what i see in that pix... God help us all
Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by simdam500(m): 11:57pm On Dec 24, 2012
Help pls
Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by j4jj: 12:05am On Dec 25, 2012
Pls where is Gwarimpa Estate located?
Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by Nobody: 12:09am On Dec 25, 2012
Abuja
j4jj: Pls where is Gwarimpa Estate located?
Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by Iaz93: 12:28am On Dec 25, 2012
beentarh: First to coment. Tralalalala! May God help us o
chei! Tufiakwa!... Godforbid... Merry Christmas
Amen
Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by lacasa: 12:42am On Dec 25, 2012
i bet the fire Service guys don clear office for Xmas jollying angry
Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by Nobody: 12:55am On Dec 25, 2012
Nigerian fire service have a sense of humor. I once made an emergency call to them that my house was on fire...can you believe that they showed up with no water(mixed with retardant I would assume) in their trucks? Yes, without water, just empty trucks. I was damn furious but still looked at them with pity and asked...why did you show up in the first place? They said their routine was to connect their hoses to my water supply source/tap. I told them what if I had no water, so my house would have burned down hah? Besides Tap water doesn't have the required pressure needed for combating fire and doubt if my street has fire hydrants or rather any where in Abuja. Very funny country and funny people.

2 Likes

Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by Nobody: 12:56am On Dec 25, 2012
Should I say my prayer is working. All dem filling stations hoarding fuel and shortchanging us per liter, their nemesis will be fire! Abuja people don suffer enough! I feel no pity for these station folks unfortunately
Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by Ivynwa(f): 12:57am On Dec 25, 2012
Knowledge9000: Nigerian fire service have a sense of humor. I once made an emergency call to them that my house was on fire...can you believe that they showed up without no water(mixed with retardant I would assume) in their trucks? Yes, without water, just empty trucks. I was damn furious but still looked at them with pity and asked...why did you show up in the first place? They said their routine was to connect their hoses to my water supply source/tap. I told the if I had no water, so my house would have burned down hah? Besides Tap water doesn't have the required pressure needed for combating fire and doubt if my street has fire hydrant or rather any where in Abuja. Very funny country and funny people.

Very Funny.
Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by skybird: 1:04am On Dec 25, 2012
Oh my God.it one of the best MRS station around.they are always selling as far as product is available.no cans.the good new is tht the station is not close to houses.it along the express . I reside in the estate

2 Likes

Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by profola2be(m): 1:05am On Dec 25, 2012
beentarh: First to coment. Tralalalala! May God help us o

I think you need Serious urgent MEDICAL attention!!!!!
Someone please,help call medical centre on her behalf.
Back to the issue on ground,I think the only attention this Filling station needs is Divine,I PRAY RAIN BEGIN TO FALL TO REALLY HELP THE SITUATION,because our fire fighters are as good as the fire Burning the filling station! Its just like calling a DEAD doctor to wake up a DEAD Child!!!!
Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by pomporiking: 2:32am On Dec 25, 2012
Arindin!!!am sure u didn't call fire service before posting the pic
Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by naptu2: 2:49am On Dec 25, 2012
Knowledge9000: Nigerian fire service have a sense of humor. I once made an emergency call to them that my house was on fire...can you believe that they showed up with no water(mixed with retardant I would assume) in their trucks? Yes, without water, just empty trucks. I was damn furious but still looked at them with pity and asked...why did you show up in the first place? They said their routine was to connect their hoses to my water supply source/tap. I told them what if I had no water, so my house would have burned down hah? Besides Tap water doesn't have the required pressure needed for combating fire and doubt if my street has fire hydrants or rather any where in Abuja. Very funny country and funny people.

There should be a law compelling local governments to provide fire hydrants on streets in their area. Owners of buildings that are four floors high and above should also be compelled to provide fire hydrants.

Even a full tank of water won't get anywhere when you have a large fire, which is why fire trucks often run out of water. We need more fire hydrants!
Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by freshdew: 3:34am On Dec 25, 2012
naptu2:

There should be a law compelling local governments to provide fire hydrants on streets in their area. Owners of buildings that are four floors high and above should also be compelled to provide fire hydrants.

Even a full tank of water won't get anywhere when you have a large fire, which is why fire trucks often run out of water. We need more fire hydrants!
The laws don't work here in naija,it is not a question of making laws.Don't 4get dat de yearly budgets too are laws, but are looted wit reckless abandon.
Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by naptu2: 4:10am On Dec 25, 2012
freshdew: The laws don't work here in naija,it is not a question of making laws.Don't 4get dat de yearly budgets too are laws, but are looted wit reckless abandon.

Well, you might as well drive on the BRT lane, drive against traffic or murder someone to find out if laws work in naija.

1 Like

Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by izuch(m): 5:08am On Dec 25, 2012
Knowledge9000: Nigerian fire service have a sense of humor. I once made an emergency call to them that my house was on fire...can you believe that they showed up with no water(mixed with retardant I would assume) in their trucks? Yes, without water, just empty trucks. I was damn furious but still looked at them with pity and asked...why did you show up in the first place? They said their routine was to connect their hoses to my water supply source/tap. I told them what if I had no water, so my house would have burned down hah? Besides Tap water doesn't have the required pressure needed for combating fire and doubt if my street has fire hydrants or rather any where in Abuja. Very funny country and funny people.

keep crying wolf, one day the big bad wolf would really come you'll cry for help and nobody would answer you. How could you be playing pranks with such a thing, na expensive joke be that oh!! Your house wasn't burning and you called the fire service?? May God help you
Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by chipet(m): 5:53am On Dec 25, 2012

But seriously, this is not a joke. Similar thing happened @ Unizik junction awka...there was a fire breakout, these ppl came around, start quenching the fire, buh stopped before 5mins cos their water exhausted. What a country! Smh
Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by Nobody: 6:33am On Dec 25, 2012
izuch:
keep crying wolf, one day the big bad wolf would really come you'll cry for help and nobody would answer you. How could you be playing pranks with such a thing, na expensive joke be that oh!! Your house wasn't burning and you called the fire service?? May God help you

You think everything is a joke and I would foolishly make a joke like this? For your information, my boys quarter got burned down before the fire was smothered.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lowest/poorest Jamb Scores. / Whats The Nicest Word Someone Has Ever Said To You And You To Someone? / When Runs Girls Gets To Dubai ( PIC )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.