Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Obama Tko Clinton Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Tko Clinton Again (3395 Views)

I’ve Been Vindicated By The U-turn Of TKO Aluko –fayose's Aide / Breaking News!!! court Issued Warrant Of Arrest Against TKO ALUKO For Perjury. / How We Rigged Fayose Into Office - Ekiti PDP Secretary(tko) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Tko Clinton Again by Mamajama(m): 3:37am On Feb 20, 2008
The unstoppable Obama does it again. He won 9 states consecutively. Now he is on track to banish clinton for ever.

I am proud and glad to be able to witness the slogan of change.

Now does McCain has what it takes to stop Obama?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/19/feb19.contests/index.html

early voting start in Houton tomorrow
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by fatherab1: 10:19am On Feb 20, 2008
Be it in sports (check major international clubs), be it in governance (remember Koffi Anan) even in religion etc BLACK PEOPLE ARE NATURAL LEADERS/GURUS. Forget the fact that slavery has affected us negatively, the African continent from its map looks as A GUN , observe NIGERIA as the TRIGER.
GO OBAMA! NO SHAKING!!
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by ndubest(m): 12:13pm On Feb 20, 2008
Its still a long way to go

but am optimistic he will do it

Go Obama Go cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by darfur(m): 12:23pm On Feb 20, 2008
obama was sent by God to tell black people that it is legitimate to have big ambitions and work towards it. and he has done that.

but i'm not sure he was sent to be the president of the united states. b/c in the unlikely event that he becomes the democratic party nominee, the party is already too divided to win an election in november. and also, then we shall see that americans may prefer an old McCain to a young Nigger Obama
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by darfur(m): 12:28pm On Feb 20, 2008
but black people should remember that the clintons had helped out black people in the past. it'll be good to pay them back and hand hilary the victory. obama can be the vice and potentially a future president with clinton support. if he'll be patient.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 20, 2008
darfur:

obama was sent by God to tell black people that it is legitimate to have big ambitions and work towards it. and he has done that.

but i'm not sure he was sent to be the president of the united states. b/c in the unlikely event that he becomes the democratic party nominee, the party is already too divided to win an election in november. and also, then we shall see[b] that americans may prefer an old McCain to a young Nigger Obama[/b]

yep. a case of winning the battle and losing the war. nothing like divide and conquer to ruin one's objectives. i cannot see a black man in the white house. (maybe if as it has been suggested, obama and hilary eventually run on the same ticket. . .)
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by opokonwa(m): 1:14pm On Feb 20, 2008
darfur:

but black people should remember that the clintons had helped out black people in the past. it'll be good to pay them back and hand hilary the victory. obama can be the vice and potentially a future president with clinton support. if he'll be patient.
Presidency is not about 'pay back'! sad
And certainly not the US Presiency.

And speaking of Obama being too young to lead the USA, does anyone know how old Alexander the Great was when he conquered civilization?
Just 25.

When Americans can't find anything wrong about a potential leader, they cite age and inexperience.
The young Obama is more prepared to confront realities and take a fresh look at issues than all the contenders put together.
And the grassroots have already noticed that.

You cannot dim the guy's intelligence and courage.
You cannot dim a rising (and shinning) star!

What majority of Americans have against Obama is not that he is young, it's not that he hasn't got much experience.
What majority of Americans have against Obama (but cannot dare say it) is that he is black.

America is still deeply rascist no matter how rascially tolerable they try to paint their society.
The thought of a black man being the president of America in 2008 is unthinkable to most Americans.

But Obama (I hope) will prove them wrong.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by tosinadeda: 1:41pm On Feb 20, 2008
we all know how the elections will end so y all the high hopes?
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by fatherab1: 2:30pm On Feb 20, 2008
tosinadeda:

Yes we know how the election will end: IN FAVOUR OF OBAMA!

For God's sake, why can people be optimistic for once? A man with a closed mind sees a problem to every solution while a man with an open mind sees a solution to every problem.

This Obama has just dusted the Hillarys of this world with a NINE consecutive wins and some pessimistic people just sit in front of computer screens to prophecy doom for him.

Politics is not by pity, its not by shedding tears before screens, it is not by name calling: Osama, Black, etc. It is by the YARNING POWER you bring to bear to win the hearts of the potential voters. This is what Hillary and old man McCain lack and they have launched fresh attacks on the young but intimidating Obama.

@Africans, even if this guy seems to you to be loosing which ofcourse is not the case, just try and convince yourself against negativism/pessimism.

ABRAHAM LINCOLN TO HIS SON'S TEACHER:

", TEACH HIM TO BELIEVE IN HIS OWN OPINION EVEN IF OTHERS DONT AND TO FIGHT WHEN HE THINKS HE IS RIGHT NOT MINDING WHETHER HE STANDS THE CHANCE OF WINNING OR LOOSING, "
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by McKren(m): 2:40pm On Feb 20, 2008
Its not so difficult to figure out why the youths of our country have failed to take back our government.

Its so easy to figure out why Duke did not last, Nigerians can't and never HOPE for extra-ordinary things!!!!!
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by opokonwa(m): 2:44pm On Feb 20, 2008
tosinadeda:

Please Mr. Prophet who knows how the elections will end, what are your predictions?
What do you see in your crystal ball?
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by fatherab1: 2:45pm On Feb 20, 2008
McKren:

Its not so difficult to figure out why the youths of our country have failed to take back our government.

Its not so easy to figure out why Duke did not last, Nigerians can't and never HOPE for extra-ordinary things!!!!!

God bless you brother!
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by almondjoy(f): 2:51pm On Feb 20, 2008
McKren:

Its so easy to figure out why Duke did not last,

Nigerians can't and never HOPE for extra-ordinary things!!!!!

That is deep! I can only keep weepin' for the motherland! cry

But these same youths spend all the time making a lot of noise!

God bless the rest of the world is all I can say--avenues to escape to!
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by BigB11(m): 3:01pm On Feb 20, 2008
Hold on!
Are we talking about the same D. Duke here?
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by almondjoy(f): 3:03pm On Feb 20, 2008
oyb:

yes. a case of winning the battle and losing the war. nothing like divide and conquer to ruin one's objectives. i cannot see a black man in the white house. (maybe if as it has been suggested, obama and hilary eventually run on the same ticket. . .)

Not in this present day America.  I agree!

father ab:

Yes we know how the election will end: IN FAVOUR OF OBAMA!

For God's sake, why can people be optimistic for once? A man with a closed mind sees a problem to every solution while a man with an open mind sees a solution to every problem.

This Obama has just dusted the Hillarys of this world with a NINE consecutive wins and some pessimistic people just sit in front of computer screens to prophecy doom for him.

Politics is not by pity, its not by shedding tears before screens, it is not by name calling: Osama, Black, etc. It is by the YARNING POWER you bring to bear to win the hearts of the potential voters. This is what Hillary and old man McCain lack and they have launched fresh attacks on the young but intimidating Obama.

@Africans, even if this guy seems to you to be loosing which ofcourse is not the case, just try and convince yourself against negativism/pessimism.
ABRAHAM LINCOLN TO HIS SON'S TEACHER:

", TEACH HIM TO BELIEVE IN HIS OWN OPINION EVEN IF OTHERS DONT AND TO FIGHT WHEN HE THINKS HE IS RIGHT NOT MINDING WHETHER HE STANDS THE CHANCE OF WINNING OR LOOSING, "

Excuse me.  All this one you are doing here, have you ever bothered to find out what Obama stands for?  Name one thing he has accomplished as a politician? If you guys can answer such questions, you will discover that apart from the universal appeal of seeing a "negroid" apparition in the "White House", there is really nothing to grasp at.

He is just like any of the politicians--Hilary, MCcain and the rest of them. Can you tell us what they each stand for please? kiss

Mamajama:

The unstoppable Obama does it again. He won 9 states consecutively. Now he is on track to banish clinton for ever.

I am proud and glad to be able to witness the[b] slogan of change.[/b]

Now does McCain has what it takes to stop Obama?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/19/feb19.contests/index.html

early voting start in Houton tomorrow

There goes another one!  Like religion, you follow and chant praises without knowing why. What does he stand for? The slogan of change? Really? Does tha' mean he is going to bring our troops home? undecided

I guess all you really have here is:

"THE AUDACITY OF HOPE" like Barack Obama.

Human beings, especially Nigerians never fail to amaze me! You guys should learn to use your heads "upstairs" please and stop this political masquerade "acrobatics"--you have no basis for other than color!! Which if a may add will eventually be your grave disappointment!  Watch out! kiss

WHAT DO THESE PEOPLE STAND FOR?

Not who wins the race!
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by 4Him(m): 3:07pm On Feb 20, 2008
almondjoy, you love to talk so much twaddle . . . what does Clinton stand for? Pls give me one policy of hers that makes sense.

What did JFK stand for in 1960?
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by fatherab1: 3:14pm On Feb 20, 2008
@ Almondjoy,
Why ask for what Obama has acheived as a politician when it is all over the place? Can't you see that to become an elected senator of America is not moi moi. Remember its America we talk about here not Nigeria where a mortuary worker abroad will dash home after the primaries and by the grace of rigging become a senator.
Besides, we dont just give obama an overseas support for nothing, we have researched into his past, present and future. That man has voted in the senate the way I would have done if I were an american senator. Haven't you checked his voting partern? Go check it.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by almondjoy(f): 3:16pm On Feb 20, 2008
4Him:

almondjoy, you love to talk so much twaddle . . . what does Clinton stand for? Please give me one policy of hers that makes sense.

What did JFK stand for in 1960?

I rest ma case! grin  The reason a said--one is just as good as the other.  They are all a bunch of noise makers.  Let's get over the color crush please.  Clinton and Obama and MCcain and Huckerbee all stand for "Change", which no one has spelt to me since this circus started.

A politician is a politician. I don't understand all the excitement here when not one of them has spelt out any goals.

As long as he is "black and Male"------------------Touch down! grin

Hotfunmi where you dey? tongue

Who cares about that? Look, this is 2008--your vocabulary should change some like mine keeps gerrrin' berrer and berrer everyday. tongue Let him tell us what he stands for just like Hilary and the rest of them should come and tell us what this "change" means to them.  So we can hold them with a gun to their heads and choke them with their own words instead of beating about the bush always!

I just heard Hilary on TV, say she will start to bring the troops home within 60 days.  I need concrete ideas please not to start chantin' change here and change there.  Disturbin' ma eardrums! grin
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by Mamajama(m): 3:17pm On Feb 20, 2008
Amazing, Obama won the last 10 states overwhelmingly with the least close margin of 18% in Winsconsin and some people are still here saying the guy is inexperience.

Young people and even White conservatives are joining the paddy waggon.  Obama is for real.  He is for change and that is what people want.

At his rally last night in Houston, over 18,000 came to hear him speak.  The movement for change is real.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by almondjoy(f): 3:23pm On Feb 20, 2008
Mamajama:

Amazing, Obama won the last 10 states overwhelmingly with the least close margin of 18% in Winsconsin and some people are still here saying the guy is inexperience.

Young people and even White conservatives are joining the paddy waggon.  Obama is for real.  

He is for change and that is what people want.

At his rally last night in Houston, over 18,000 came to hear him speak.  The movement for change is real.

Oh Gosh!  I think I am getting dizzy.

father ab:

@ Almondjoy,
Why ask for what Obama has acheived as a politician when [b]it is all over the place
?

Can't you see that to become an elected senator of America is not moi moi.

Remember its America we talk about here not Nigeria where a mortuary worker abroad will dash home after the primaries and by the grace of rigging become a senator.

Besides, we don't just give obama an overseas support for nothing, we have researched into his past, present and future. That man has voted in the senate the way I would have done if I were an american senator. Haven't you checked his voting partern? Go check it.[/b]

I have checked all those. I also checked the rest of the pack too.  I am not interested in all that.  All I want is to tell me what he wants to do for me.  Like,

BRING MA TROOPS HOME AND SHUT THE GADDEM BORDERS!!!

I need concreteness not sketchiness!  I have listened to all of them and tuned them all out.  Till they tell me how they intend to make life for Americans better not worse with their too much "talk talk"! kiss

How can you support someone you do not know what he stands for--So he can end up railroading us again like Georgy? shocked

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!

It only takes a woman---like me---to let you know that you guys are just hopeless romantics.  The main reason I opt for less thought provoking topics.  You guys are really "Joseph the Dreamers"! grin You play American politics like you play Nigerian politics. That is a shame! Sorry, I am not that cheap, contrary to what most of you might think here! tongue
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by almondjoy(f): 3:32pm On Feb 20, 2008
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Silence! tongue

I did not think so! grin

Ye ye people!
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by Mamajama(m): 3:35pm On Feb 20, 2008
almondjoy ? are you even qualify to vote in America? grin

if not, please leave us Americana alone with all your pessimistic talk. grin grin
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by 4Him(m): 3:42pm On Feb 20, 2008
almondjoy:

I rest ma case! grin The reason a said--one is just as good as the other. They are all a bunch of noise makers. Let's get over the color crush please. Clinton and Obama and MCcain and Huckerbee all stand for "Change", which no one has spelt to me since this circus started.

Keep the noise decibel up, that's what you excel at. People like you only started following politics after the hysteria began.
Prior to Iowa Clinton was running on the ticket of experience . . . she didnt switch to a message of change until Obama began using it with devastating effect. MCcain is standing for change? grin dont make me laugh pls. Watch his speeches instead of saying anything u feel on the spur of the moment.

almondjoy:

I just heard Hilary on TV, say she will start to bring the troops home within 60 days. I need concrete ideas please not to start chantin' change here and change there. Disturbin' ma eardrums! grin

The question you shld be asking is HOW and WHAT ARE THE CONSEQUENCES? You cant just withdraw troops within 60 days . . . will the Iraqis be ready to take over security of their country within 60 days? You have to worry about Iran moving in to fill that vacuum, al qaeda insurgents using an unstable Iraq as a base to launch further attacks.

It is easy to line up behind a naive woman who cries about bringing in the troops in 60 days . . . welcome to another Afghanistan.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by almondjoy(f): 3:43pm On Feb 20, 2008
Mamajama:

almondjoy ? are you even qualify to vote in America? grin

if not, please leave us Americana alone with all your pessimistic talk. grin grin

Very qualified.  I voted in the last elections too with much regret.  I have learned ma lesson now.  Never leave your house to vote for "flip floppers"! tongue

Look, on a serious note, the debates I have seen so far are not to my satisfaction.  I wan't them to tell me how they intend to deal with the menace of illegal immigration first. Instead of chewing their tongues and pretending to be deaf till they have covetted the illegal immigrants votes. undecided

One of many examples I can give. Let us hear yours! grin
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by 4Him(m): 3:46pm On Feb 20, 2008
almondjoy:

Look, on a serious note, the debates I have seen so far are not to my satisfaction.  I wan't them to tell me how they intend to deal with the menace of illegal immigration first. Instead of chewing their tongues and pretending to be deaf till they have covetted the illegal immigrants votes. undecided

the issue of illegal immigrants is a complex one that will take a lot more than just one person coming up with policy statements to win elections. Bush has been president for 8 years . . . what was his own plan for tackling illegal immigration?

There are more than 12million illegals . . . can you just start shipping them home?

Hillary Clinton is touting a health care program . . . the same one that failed woefully when Bill was president? Abegi!

You say hillary has experience . . . the experience of voting for an uneccessary war in Iraq?
Soon she'll be voting to send missiles to Iran.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by oldie(m): 3:46pm On Feb 20, 2008
I will be shallow brained about this.
I dont care what he stands for
He is a senator isnt he? He must have stood for something before he was elected
The fact that he is black and he is doing well is ok by me.
The "feel good" feeling is intoxicating!
I hope I will not be disappointed
But he has done well so far, whatever the end result may be
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by almondjoy(f): 3:49pm On Feb 20, 2008
4Him:

Keep the noise decibel up, that's what you excel at. People like you only started following politics after the hysteria began.
Prior to Iowa Clinton was running on the ticket of experience . . . she didnt switch to a message of change until Obama began using it with devastating effect. MCcain is standing for change? grin don't make me laugh please. Watch his speeches instead of saying anything u feel on the spur of the moment.

The question you shld be asking is HOW and WHAT ARE THE CONSEQUENCES? You can't just withdraw troops within 60 days . . . will the Iraqis be ready to take over security of their country within 60 days? You have to worry about Iran moving in to fill that vacuum, al qaeda insurgents using an unstable Iraq as a base to launch further attacks.

It is easy to line up behind a naive woman who cries about bringing in the troops in 60 days . . . welcome to another Afghanistan.

Look here, the Americans can not suffer economically if you do not strategize ok?  Look at the state of the economy?  All for hugh defense spending.  Yes the consequences of pulling out of Iraq will be felt.  We can leave gradually.  But has anyone even mentioned a plan? undecided

Besides there are like some almost 80,000 troops idling away around the world including Germany since WW1--For heaven's sakes, WTF?  We have countries like Canada and Swissy minding their own business and no one has attacked them yet.  Please bring the idle troops home and save us from China abeg! grin
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by almondjoy(f): 3:52pm On Feb 20, 2008
oldie:

I will be shallow brained about this.
I don't care what he stands for
He is a senator isnt he?
He must have stood for something before he was elected
The fact that he is black and he is doing well is ok by me.
The "feel good" feeling is intoxicating!
I hope I will not be disappointed
But he has done well so far, whatever the end result may be

If you paid hefty taxes, you would care by force! grin We are not talking about his senatorial capabilities may a remind you--he is going for the presidency. 2 different things ok? I care who gets that seat while I may not care about who gets ma senatorial seat. The world sees only the "President"! kiss
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by 4Him(m): 3:54pm On Feb 20, 2008
almondjoy:

Look here, the Americans can not suffer economically if you do not strategize ok?  Look at the state of the economy?  All for hugh defense spending.  Yes the consequences of pulling out of Iraq will be felt.  We can leave gradually.  But has anyone even mentioned a plan? undecided

Look at the big picture. You are crying about "huge defense spending" . . . have u asked urself how much of the Chinese and Russian budgets go to defense? America can only afford to cut its defense spending at its own peril. Live with it.

almondjoy:

Besides there are like some almost 80,000 troops idling away around the world including Germany since WW1--For heaven's sakes, WTF?  We have countries like Canada and Swissy minding their own business and no one has attacked them yet.  Please bring the idle troops home and save us from China abeg! grin

And are those troops "idling" away a problem to you? They are there to give the US a strategic military advantage. Perhaps you are also against the building of a European missile shield by the US too?
Kenya was minding her business when she was attacked, Spain, Indonesia, India . . . all were minding their business before the were attacked. Quit talking about what u know nothing about . . . China is growing as a threat to the US . . . both economically and militarily.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by almondjoy(f): 3:56pm On Feb 20, 2008
4Him:

the issue of illegal immigrants is a complex one that will take a lot more than just one person coming up with policy statements to win elections. Bush has been president for 8 years . . . what was his own plan for tackling illegal immigration?

There are more than 12million illegals . . . can you just start shipping them home?

Hillary Clinton is touting a health care program . . . the same one that[b] failed woefully [/b] when Bill was president? Abegi!

You say hillary has experience . . . the experience of voting for an uneccessary war in Iraq?
Soon she'll be voting to send missiles to Iran.

Yes, Hilary's voting record on Iraq was dismal.  We need to get past that.  I want to know about the future.  You cannot send some 12 million illegals home but you can shut your borders to prevent another 12million from coming in right?  That's what I am talking about! kiss

I NEED A PLAN FOR THE FUTURE, not a ballad chanting "Change, change, change"! So we do not continue from where George Bush stopped.  Don't you want an end to it all? shocked  I sure do! How long are we going to continue like this?

Shioooooooooooooor!
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by fatherab1: 4:00pm On Feb 20, 2008
@Almondjoy,
Why did you suddenly backslide from your "Go Democrats Go" signature to putting "Post ya shit, I post mine"? Gaskiya I prefer the former one to this one. Any way sha, its yours.

I can't believe you could say Hillary Clinton stands for change! angry angry angry Are you not sick and tired of the Clinton and Bush monarchy abi dynasty? As for the Old McCain, you even cited him as a 'change'!  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

almondjoy:

If you paid hefty taxes, you would care by force! grin We are not talking about his senatorial capabilities may a remind you--he is going for the presidency. 2 different things ok? I care who gets that seat while I may not care about who gets ma senatorial seat. The world sees only the "President"! kiss
Rememer that his being faithful in little qualifies him for a greater responsibility. Remember that the 3 top ranking contenders are senators.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by McKren(m): 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2008
Almondjoy

Talking about what Obama stands for will simply amount to writting a text book.

But lets limit the argument to the Subject of CHANGE as it has to do with HEALTH INSURANCE in America.

Most politicians are talking about change for the sake of wining elections. But you will know when someone is honest about their CHANGE gospel if you look at trends and decisions they have taken.

Some wish to even change things but end up being unable to do that because they have been compromised, their hands are tied.

Talking about change, Hillary Clinton just talks about change but will never be able to change anything because she has been compromised. She built her campaign around large donnors most of whom are Government lobbyists sponsored by phamarcetical companies and the like. Well need I remind you that this group of people will reap where they have sown.

Her so called Healthcare plans which she claims will cover all Americans is simply hinged on bullying people to purchase Health Insurance at whatever cost. Tell me how its better to bully poor people to aquire expensive insurance or they  pay a fine is better compared to making Health Insurance affordable and allowing this people the choice to go for them because its cheap.
Their is only one set of people who will benefit from Hillary's plan, the same Health Insurance companies who are large donnors to her campaign. Thats simply status quo.

But the Obama camp are able to come up with a fairer idea for all (Americans and drug companies included) because his campaign has been funded by ordinary Americans. So the change in this case as in many other cases is that Obama has simply chosen a path which does not leave him indebted to the drug companies and thus will be more trusted to takes this guys on from an advantaged point.

That is what Obama's version of change is about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos-ibadan Expressway: President Jonathan Lies Again / List Of Tinubu's Foreign Bank Account / or

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.