Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

Apology To Jarus And OAM4J - Nairaland / General (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Apology To Jarus And OAM4J (31521 Views)

*~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! / Happy Birthday Oam4j! / Welcome the New Nairaland Political Section Moderator ( OAM4J) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by baksonlee: 1:42am On Dec 26, 2012
[size=13pt]Why was the Hall of Shame thread closed?[/size]
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Seun(m): 1:49am On Dec 26, 2012
baksonlee: [size=13pt]Why was the Hall of Shame thread closed?[/size]
We do not want to alienate any ethnic group by shaming their widely respected role models. It's not worth it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Akanbiedu(m): 1:53am On Dec 26, 2012
ok oooo biz man.

Seun:
We do not want to alienate any ethnic group by shaming their widely respected role models. It's not worth it.
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Nobody: 1:54am On Dec 26, 2012
Ah men!!

Did I miss a big fight? sad

Where's the other link?
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by dont8(m): 3:20am On Dec 26, 2012
Good one, like the maturity displayed by you guys.
Seun: Jarus and OAM4J: Thanks for accepting my apology. You guys are doing a good job.
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by dayokanu(m): 4:08am On Dec 26, 2012
Seun:

But should we stop a democratic process because some ppl are disgruntled.

The whole North was disgruntled when Buhari lost the election so why didn't the Nigerian govt cancel the election

A lot of Americans were disgruntled when Romney lost the election why wasn't it canceled

So can the admin reopen the thread and let's vote.

5 Likes

Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Ishilove: 4:28am On Dec 26, 2012
dayokanu:

But should we stop a democratic process because some ppl are disgruntled.

The whole North was disgruntled when Buhari lost the election so why didn't the Nigerian govt cancel the election

A lot of Americans were disgruntled when Romney lost the election why wasn't it canceled

So can the admin reopen the thread and let's vote.
You heard the man. The mudslinging was getting out of hand. Stop being a troublemaker, dayo. cheesy
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Desola(f): 4:57am On Dec 26, 2012
Seun:

..but it is ok for the effing ashebe to disrespect our own role model, abi?

May thunder faya that your yeye mouth.

Effing sucker upper!

sheesh!

Shio! kelebe!! Twe!!!

2 Likes

Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Desola(f): 4:58am On Dec 26, 2012
This little achievement of yours is making you go gaga, isn't it Seun? angry

2 Likes

Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by dayokanu(m): 5:03am On Dec 26, 2012
Ishilove:
You heard the man. The mudslinging was getting out of hand. Stop being a troublemaker, dayo. cheesy

Mudslinging?

People (Corpers) were killed a lot of people are losing and have lost their lives because the didnt like that Jonathan won an election

So why wasnt the election cancelled to placate those who felt disgruntled
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by ijebabe: 5:04am On Dec 26, 2012
Seun: Jarus and OAM4J: Thanks for accepting my apology. You guys are doing a good job.
cheesy kiss
[size=4pt]You take time sha[/size] tongue
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Ishilove: 5:14am On Dec 26, 2012
dayokanu:

Mudslinging?

People (Corpers) were killed a lot of people are losing and have lost their lives because the didnt like that Jonathan won an election

So why wasnt the election cancelled to placate those who felt disgruntled
You can't compare THAT election to Nairaland's Hall of Shame
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by dayokanu(m): 5:25am On Dec 26, 2012
Ishilove: You can't compare THAT election to Nairaland's Hall of Shame

Are they not both elections?
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Ishilove: 5:31am On Dec 26, 2012
dayokanu:

Are they not both elections?
Pfft! O niqqa puhleeze!! People lost their lives in the general elections, while the only thing that has died so far in NL's election is my boredom. cheesy

There is no basis for comparism. You just want the thread open for your own personal agenda. tongue
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by ijebabe: 5:32am On Dec 26, 2012
*Yawn* The result of being in this section: talking on a different tangent and going off point in reply to a straight forward question.

Big surprise.
*goes back to sleep*
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by ektbear: 5:35am On Dec 26, 2012
disgraceful

1 Like

Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Ivynwa(f): 5:45am On Dec 26, 2012
If somebody apologising for Achebe will solve this matter, I am apologising on his behalf. E don do bikonu. Shioor. This Xmas kinda was an Achebe bashing one, how do people enjoy their xmas seated on laptops or glued on phones bashing Achebe? Na waa o for nairalanders sef.

ijebabe: *Yawn* The result of being in this section: talking on a different tangent and going off point in reply to a straight forward question.

Big surprise.
*goes back to sleep*

@Ijebabe
Abeg go and sleep my friend, e be like say you dey use one eye dey peep into nairaland while the other one is doing the sleeping. grin

Merry Xmas Ijebabe, hope you are having a nice one.
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by dayokanu(m): 6:00am On Dec 26, 2012
Ishilove:
Pfft! O niqqa puhleeze!! People lost their lives in the general elections, while the only thing that has died so far in NL's election is my boredom. cheesy

There is no basis for comparism. You just want the thread open for your own personal agenda. tongue

If an election where people died wasnt cancelled , How much more this one? Abi shey anyone die? Even Achebe wey don reach to die no die he dey cause confusion for those alive

He is what Yorubas call - A to ku ma ku, A mo ona orun ma lo.

Iku ya ju esin,

O san ka ku lomode ko yeni ju ki a di agba rederede lo

Agbalagba to so agbado mo idi, lo so ara e di alawada adire

1 Like

Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by esere826: 6:14am On Dec 26, 2012
I'll speak, then hold my peace on the issue that lead to this apology -"the hall of shame"

Seun should let the Achebe vote for the hall of shame stand
however, along with the induction it should be clearly stated on the thread, why he was voted into it,
and also the majority tribe that voted that Achebe be inducted into the hall of shame
let both parties be equally shamed
I rest my case
(*I am a little bit tipsy as I write, I hope I am making sense*)
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Chongaiman: 6:57am On Dec 26, 2012
Seun:
In 9ja, all ethnic groups are equal but some are more equal than others. SMH
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by dayokanu(m): 7:02am On Dec 26, 2012
Chongaiman:
In 9ja, all ethnic groups are equal but some are more equal than others. SMH

When Jonathan a South South man was awarded last yr no one complained now we are up in arms because Achebe is about to be crowned
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 26, 2012
Man of the people bigots.
Nairaland's hall of shame inductee, 2012.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/992161[/img]

1 Like

Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 26, 2012
Demdem:

shocked shocked shocked
what can u refer us to a thread if such exist. if there is anything i dont joke with, its the bolded. angry angry

Just as hidden posts are visible to mods, there are some sections on nl that are only accessible to mods.
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 26, 2012
donroxy:

Dont mind Seun ''elewa''.....!!!!! grin

If not because southern-nigerians are cool-headed cuz of education and civilisation, Achebe's memoir would have caused THOUSANDS of Death by now!!!

Bros na why the crippled coward use yoruba pipu sell him tales by moonlight.
if to say aboki him mention
na suya dem go use all okoros for north do. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 26, 2012
Y'all mods need to get unionized.
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Pharoh: 8:21am On Dec 26, 2012
In retrospection, many of us might regret our actions on Nairaland later in the future when we finally see the destructive results in reality.

I will create a thread later on how to savage the politics section or nairaland as a whole. The most important thing to say now is that the number of mods should be increased to create a balancing feature that negates the continued development of negative issues in the politics section as we go into 2013.

The section is so polarized now that it is not wise to have mods from one major ethnic group and not from the others. So i support increase in the number of mods which should come from the other ethnic groups in the country that are not presently represented.

We are sitting on a time bomb because nepotism was behind the emergence of most mods in nairaland and unionism among them is leading to organized rebellion against nairaland administrative authority. It can only get worst from here onward judging from the things we saw in the hall of shame crisis.

P.S . . . . seun needs to implement the idea i have concerning moderation in the politics section and he should know how to reach me for that.
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by jhydebaba(m): 8:42am On Dec 26, 2012
I woke up this beautiful 'boxing day' only to find out that boxers are apologising instead of boxing undecided
gosh! I hate apologies cheesy

*hang over is not too good*

*vomits on thread*
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by fatherab1: 8:43am On Dec 26, 2012
Jarus: After Seun publicly apologized, in addition to other offline consultations and meetings, we have decided to let the matter go.

We would be deciding on the fate of shame and fame threads in due course. And communicate to you accordingly.

For now, all threads on this subject to remain locked. Only my partner, if he decides to chip in more things, and of course the admin and supermods, can post here subsequently.

Regards,

Co-signed.

Thank you all and Happy holidays.

[size=14pt]I thought this thread has been locked? Or was that statement over-ridden? [/size]
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Ishilove: 8:46am On Dec 26, 2012
dayokanu:

If an election where people died wasnt cancelled , How much more this one? Abi shey anyone die? Even Achebe wey don reach to die no die he dey cause confusion for those alive

He is what Yorubas call - A to ku ma ku, A mo ona orun ma lo.

Iku ya ju esin,

O san ka ku lomode ko yeni ju ki a di agba rederede lo

Agbalagba to so agbado mo idi, lo so ara e di alawada adire
Hmmmm. . .okay. . .

Agblagba means elderly

Agbado means maize

Idi means nyash

That's all I understand in your 'Yoruba Yoruba'...
Pleax translate the rest. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (30) (Reply)

Dead Body Lying On Old Ota Road Alagbado (Photos) / VIO Official Attacks Man For Taking Pic Of Him Fighting Road User / Father Cosmas Aguocha Dies In Accident In Imo State. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.