Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,283 members, 7,780,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:32 PM

Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? - Entertainment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? (16868 Views)

Psquare Replies About Girls Touching Their Ball In Canada Concert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by Pringozie02(m): 8:46am On Dec 28, 2012
Na true jorr y men no dey naked 4 muzica only women y?
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by Omogbhollahorn(m): 8:50am On Dec 28, 2012
O.T.I.S:

i taya my broda, you watch music video and the next on your mind is sex. i have stopped my kids from watching music videos.
habi o dat y i dnt even bother to watch t.v again even d news gan na alwayz bad new so wat their to watch.
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by darel007(m): 8:53am On Dec 28, 2012
marianazme: I cant watch any of Tiwa Savage's performances cuz Im scared she might not be wearin anythin
...hmmm
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 28, 2012
cr8v: That's the Nigerian copycatting of the US gangster culture. A lifestyle that has further dehumanized the citizens of the States. We used to have non-Gospel reggae artists that used music to correct societal ills way back in the days of Ras Kimono, the matadors etc. Now I wonder if we even have a censors board. Everything is now promoting sex and loose living and no one is saying anything.

I fear what the next generation will be if they take this obsession with sex a step higher. from the it may generate to giving homosexuality an official recognition like the US madness labelled civilization.

Well I agree with the person that attributed it to the End Time when the Bible says that
"Men shall be lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God" the worst is those who are supposed to be coming from the church. I am not in the school of those who insist you must sing Gospel but I believe that your secular music videos and lyrics should not promote the same vulgar b00ty swinging, b00st joggling immoral indecency of the world.

If you think ut won't sale then ask Asa, she doesn't feature all those immoral frivolities yet she has gained global recognition. All u need is to spice it with some creativity.

This is seriously a case to ponder...I just did a review of how Nigerian actresses are promoting indecent dressing...and I did this some few hours back before coming across this thread....believe me, Nigeria has got it all wrong copying virtually everything NOLLYWOOD does...our moral standard and culture is going into abrupt extinction, everyone now uses sex appeal to sell their products and services to the detriment of our societal decency and good behavior.

Every girl you see in town now want to dress and look as sexy and hot as Omotola, Tonto Dikeh, Cossy Orjiakor, and as unclad as some ladies she's been seeing in our today musical videos, all in the name of looking sexy and trendy, Nigeria where is our culture and pride sobs, sobs cry cry angry cry
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 28, 2012
Omogbhollahorn:
habi o dat y i dnt even bother to watch t.v again even d news gan na alwayz bad new so wat their to watch.
I never knew there are people who reason like me, thank God cos at a point I was thinking that I am being too different, don't watch TV...especially movies, only listen to news, and some celebrity gist for purposes...our censorship angency must do something about this because we are destroying the future of Nigeria and the unborn children. All these are increasing the rate of infidelity amongst married couples and dating lovers.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by quicksylva(m): 9:09am On Dec 28, 2012
richbuky:

Even to advertise toothpaste...
D tin don tire me. It just too rampant. No control and there is nothing the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission can do about it.

This artists don't depend on our local channels anymore to promote their music rather they prefer satellites tv e.g Sound City, Nigezie, Prime Time Entertainment, Channel O, MTV Base, Trace Tv etc

Am not claiming to be a saint neither am I trying to paint myself as a good guy here but I have family members that are to young to be exposed to this kind of music.
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by hardbody: 9:15am On Dec 28, 2012
claremont: Sex sells.

You said it before me. That is the simple answer.
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 28, 2012
Becos sum people believe there is no God so live and be dispensable, its your life and you owe no one but yourself! angry
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by hardbody: 9:20am On Dec 28, 2012
DailyNews: I never knew there are people who reason like me, thank God cos at a point I was thinking that I am being too different, don't watch TV...especially movies, only listen to news, and some celebrity gist for purposes...our censorship angency must do something about this because we are destroying the future of Nigeria and the unborn children. All these are increasing the rate of infidelity amongst married couples and dating lovers.

So it is music video that has led to so much adultery and fornication abi? So where is aboki without light or Telly but always clutching a transistor pick up the habit? They commit multiple adultery and child abuse, are they watching R. Kelly? Truth be told, people will be bad if they want to be bad, music video or no music video
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by hardbody: 9:21am On Dec 28, 2012
Pringozie02: Na true jorr y men no dey naked 4 muzica only women y?

Could it possibly be that you are gay? You have a right to that orientation though.
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 28, 2012
hardbody:

So it is music video that has led to so much adultery and fornication abi? So where is aboki without light or Telly but always clutching a transistor pick up the habit? They commit multiple adultery and child abuse, are they watching R. Kelly? Truth be told, people will be bad if they want to be bad, music video or no music video
Aboki without light or telly?
Is anyone seeing the adverse effect of having a single story about something?
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by mickypounds(m): 9:40am On Dec 28, 2012
@op dunno if u'v watched samklef-laba laba ft skales
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by desthan(m): 9:50am On Dec 28, 2012
That is the currency of this world. . . cool
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by onyeego(m): 9:52am On Dec 28, 2012
I don't think the problem is with the musicians rather d people that watch such videos and complain.

Am not an expert with songs but I know there are different types of music for different People and different occasions.

Some artistes came to lime lite via what we call immorality,their music careers depends on it and they've got their fans.eg Flavour,it was the song ASHAWO that made him grin.
He has done ASHAWO remix,ASHAWO R&B version,ASHAWO Party version and a Ghanaian version.

Don't also forget that a musician can do different kinds of songs for different audiences.

R Kelly has got some good Christian songs,Timaya did a collabo with Keffi(keffi sings gospel)
Yet d same Timaya did SHAKE UR BUM BUM(immoral song)
From d above, one can deduce that target audience for songs are different.

Its pure hypocrisy for people who are "morally upright" to listen to such music and come here to complain.
Variety is d spice of life they say, we must not all like the same kind of music so quit whining and make ur choice.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by quicksylva(m): 9:52am On Dec 28, 2012
safarigirl: Like someone said, it depends on the genre and even the tempo. I.e

When D'banj did Fall in Love, I saw no nak3d gurls as opposed to Suddenly.

When P-square did 'More than a Friend', 'No one like You', and 'Beautiful Onyinye', there were no nak3d gurls as opposed to...

Davido's Ekuro had no nak3d gurls as opposed to something like Dami Duro

And Wizkid had no nak3d gurls in Pakurumo as opposed to Tease Me

Generally, it's about the lyrics of the song before the story behind it, people don't just slap nud3 chics in the video for no cause,how many gurls were in GhostMode by Phyno ft. Olamide, or Olamide's Ilefo Illuminati? Or Because of You by Ruggedman ft. Tu face and M.I?

D'prince's take banana requires nak3d gurls, after listening to the audio, don't tell me you expected women in white garment...what are you 8?

Lastly, none of the gurls in said vudeo are nak3d, just scantily clad, these are two different words that are NOT inter-changable unless you want to change the meaning generally
After Watching those videos ( Ur Waist, Chop Banana), Na banging tin go dey some people mind. I have no problem if Adult are watching it, they can handle It. The point am making is that kids are being expose to this kind of music video and they might be influence by it.
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by poshpimkiey(f): 10:29am On Dec 28, 2012
Guys, ditch d hypocrisy. Aren't u d ones chanting y.o.l.o now d interpretation is parties and except it's a gay party, y'all need girls. undecided. if u don't encourage dem, it'll stop[business strategy]. c dia mouths as if dey don't like it
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by Tunby(m): 10:29am On Dec 28, 2012
hardbody:

Doesnt make media promotion of nudity right.Why tempt those who do not want to be bad.I dont blame some pple when they do some things...
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 28, 2012
I wasnt going to comment at first. But now I think I should cos I'm a big fan of music and a big supporter of music and visual arts. The problem is multi faceted. Most Nigerian songs are what I can call club songs, party rockers etc. And in Nigeria, it is only the party songs that can be commercial. In Nigeria you cant sing R&B or slows and be successful. The reason is that we dont have a royalty culture. Most artiste make their money from shows. How many people will go to an asa show or a cohbhams asiquo show? But once we here davido, May D, Terry G we will fill the show stands.The artistes know this so to be successful, they do more party (commercial) songs and of course party songs will have party or club videos. Nigerian music as really become shallow. Just take a minute to pause and listen to yourself sing the songs you hum all day. They are basically trash.Some Nigerians artiste are really trying sha. What we have in Nigeria now is not music but showmanship and a soundtrack underneath it. Is that not why our artistes mime on stage. I'm not saying party or songs are not good. But when a musician as nothing else to offer except party songs then he is not a good musician. A particular song i hate with a passion is olu maintain's nawti. What is really the meaning of that song. He just showed so many naked girls in the video. Well it was a commercial success thanks to Nigeria. But shame on him. It's so bad that when my little cousin comes in I immediately change the channel from Soundcity to another. It's so terrible. NBC should do something. Nigerian musicians are killing our arts because of money.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by Unluvable(f): 10:31am On Dec 28, 2012
Entertainment is SAD....
*sex
*drugs
*alchohol
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by Ardedaryor(m): 10:36am On Dec 28, 2012
i wonder oh
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by plendil: 10:36am On Dec 28, 2012
Tunby: Doesnt make media promotion of nudity right.Why tempt those who do not want to be bad.I dont blame some pple when they do some things...

Peeps would always argue they have the option of switching off the damn TV.
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by Insanity(m): 10:40am On Dec 28, 2012
Seriously, ​We have very few talented musicians. Outside asa n co, others are just simply rubbish. Maybe i just like a different genre of music, i like music wif a very high lyrical content like rock, SA house music. i listen to music to get inspired and uplifted, depends on ma mood though but the songs in this country right now lacks everything i believe music is. To each their own.
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by safarigirl(f): 10:43am On Dec 28, 2012
Joe.:
@ Safarigirl, you just got me astounded with your post. i rather a man typed that trash than you a supposed woman. you trade the dignity of womanhood on the alter of immorality ? Did you say those girls are not naked but just ' scantily' dressed ? gosh. tell me, is there any moral demacation between a scantily dressed and a naked girl ?
Lord have mercy on us, forgive us our sins and save us from the fire of HELL.
to each his own...so that was the only thing you picked from my very long post abi?

Well, I see it as a half full bottle, and others see a half-empty bottle. I'm not a pastor, I don't know any of the girls on those vids. None of their actions influence me, or those around me. I don't walk around in bikinis and bum shorts. I'm not an activist, why should their choice of 'profession' be my problem?

Most of those girls have parents that are high-ranking church members believe it or not. What does that say about self-righteous Christians?

Again, to each his own. I already justified the girls in each music video and their purposes and stated specifically that NOT ALL Nigerian vids have nak3ed girls as the OP and most of the posters here are trying to imply, just in case you missed all of that before choosing what you WANT to read. Don't come and preach to me now about how my comment isn't becoming of a female as if I'm supposed to be an alien cos I'm not a man, must every female hold views of other females?

I repeat, being nak3d and scantily clad are not the same, neither should be encouraged, but these terms can NEVER be inter-changable.

Only an illiterate would think they are one and the same...and we have a lot of those in Nigeria.

So be disappointed all you want
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by chynazom(f): 10:44am On Dec 28, 2012
Even Asa talk am sef, in fire on the mountain: "who is responsible for what we teach our children, is it the internet or stars on television Why o....".

And to think how we glamuorize these people sef
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 28, 2012
Since we know who the musician is , what music lyrics says; our discretion is enough to tell us what to expect from them. You wouldn't expect asa, Lara George, Nataniel Bassey, Nneka, Kore, Cobhams, Enya or any classical music video to give you such. It's about which class the musician falls into.
It's more about the viewers; the musicians give you what you want. If we decide individually (which is impossible) not to download, buy or watch these videos they won't produce it again but since you are a lover of gaga videos, rihanna's, beyonces etc videos, they are encouraged to produce more.
Moreover this is not a matter of the end of time but the fact that mans soul has high affinity for and is a lover of iniguity. Without the workings of salvation upon one's soul, he is bond to love such things and dwell upon them.
@dailynews keeping away from movies or tv can't solve it. It's about dealing with its desire us. There are several movies and tv stations that are above that. Movies from tyler perry, jumping the broom, courageous etc; stations like 1g, tbn and most of our local stations.
Its more of we dealing with the desires for such things within us which can only be done through the working of the Holy Spirit in us. You can live beyond all these when your aim and focus is higher and beyond that which evry man desires and these can be gotten by a better fellowship with GOD for him alone is above these all and him alone can take you above them. Jesus Loves You Dearly; Give Your life to Him if you haven't. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by safarigirl(f): 10:55am On Dec 28, 2012
TV can not influence one who doesn't want to be influenced.

It's a myth that people are what they see on tv, people are what they CHOOSE to be. I'm a living testimony of that.

I know people who aren't even allowed to watch anything more than religious channels, but these same people attend late night parties, and talk about s3x like it's a fashion trend.

There is nothing I have not watched that can be shown on TV, and till today, I can hold a candle in morality as opposed to some kids of MOG's even. I'm no saint, but my eye never tear reach most of my mates and even those I'm older than.

Nobody gave me 'the talk', but I'm not dumb and God has given us all the brains and conscience to know right from wrong and the freedom to choose where we belong.

If you say your kids won't watch these things in your presence, what of in your absence? Will you always be present? Better to watch, correct them and know what they're capable of, than o assume all is well when your child is doing worse things than what's in the video even.

No knowledge is bad knowledge, everthing helps you in molding your kids, both good and bad things. Ignorance may be the worst thing, but misinformation is even worse.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by Nautillus(m): 11:06am On Dec 28, 2012
Sexx Sells Chikenna.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by lordZOUGA(m): 11:11am On Dec 28, 2012
don't even think that because you watch girls partying on TV that everybody does that tooo...
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by Localamos(m): 11:12am On Dec 28, 2012
tobechi20: Sign of end time

Na lie. These things have been going on for centuries. Even outright prostitution was recorded in the bible.

Sexism, nud1ty and profanity sell. And that is why entertainers use them alot to attract audience.
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by Clemzy16(m): 11:14am On Dec 28, 2012
Sexkillz style
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by davida222(m): 11:29am On Dec 28, 2012
Somtin is not rite in dis world, and i think it has to do with the creation of girls/women.. they are devils representation on earth.. An intelligent heart acquires
knowledge, and the ear of the
wise seeks knowledge. A man's
gift makes room for him.
Re: Why Is Every Music Video About Girls And Partying ? by kelvincoll(m): 11:31am On Dec 28, 2012
jacobscros: all I'm saying is that these people are keeping sex on people's minds 24/7

WORD!!!...... and now cases of infidelity, sexual abuse/molestation/rape and homosexuality is rife!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

WTF? See Photos From A Supposed Nollywood Movie : UNCLAD?? / VIDEO TUTURIAL - Download And Learn TWERK Dance / OMG!! Meet Nigeria's Hairiest Lady, Queen Okafor (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.