Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,358 members, 7,780,977 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:43 AM

Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. (13938 Views)

Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption / Boko Haram: Ohanaeze Evacuates 500,000 Igbo From Kano / Nchara (the Pathetic Soul) is Even Bigoted Towards Igbo (From Anambra) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by duni04(m): 5:14pm On Dec 25, 2012
Na wa for this Igbo vs yoruba tin on nairaland. I don't think Igbo pple on nairaland want non-Igbos commenting on their threads or any thread about Igbos. IMO, yorubas on nairaland should hands off Igbo threads so only Igbos can talk about Igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 25, 2012
Cusubaba: you were born out of wedlock. You must be very sick of your hair. Your Yoruba blood is poisoned with hate and jeolousy. Bleep all u jealous haters.

O'Boy today is xmas....your blood is getting hot....don't make your parents miserable if you suddenly slump on a day like this.. grin
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Blueeyedboi(m): 5:16pm On Dec 25, 2012
Cusubaba: hahaha... Senseless Yoruba ape. Bleep off u retarded plastic.
...nwanne gbanyuo oku...leave d scumbag make e dey fool himself...we are ahead of dem naturally..no question abt dat...kedu ka eke si anya anwu ur syd??
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Blueeyedboi(m): 5:19pm On Dec 25, 2012
duni04: Na wa for this Igbo vs yoruba tin on nairaland. I don't think Igbo pple on nairaland want non-Igbos commenting on their threads or any thread about Igbos. IMO, yorubas on nairaland should hands off Igbo threads so only Igbos can talk about Igbos.
...gud idea..tel ur ppl 2mind der bleeping bizness en stay off ours...seriously i wonda hw difficult it is..smh
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by EkoIle1: 5:19pm On Dec 25, 2012
Beync:
u can do better
quit being a tribal bigot

Quit being shallow and insecure over a common news article.

Eko Ile is not your problem, your problem is your people kidnapping and traumatizing each other and no matter how much you cry and yell at Eko Ile on NL, that problem remains until losers like you get up and do something about it...
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 25, 2012
grin grin grin make una dey enjoy your xmas,...but watch your back, your kidnapping brothers may be lurking behind the bushes that surround your house.
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 25, 2012
Blue-eyed boi:
...gud idea..tel ur ppl 2mind der bleeping bizness en stay off ours...seriously i wonda hw difficult it is..smh

May Amadioha strike you dead this minute...na your Papa get NL?
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Cusubaba(m): 5:22pm On Dec 25, 2012
ilugunboy:

O'Boy today is xmas....your blood is getting hot....don't make your parents miserable if you suddenly slump on a day like this.. grin
Hahaha... I treat people the way i meet them. But Bros, why do you assume that if a person is an Igbo, he is evil. And Yorubas are Angels and Saints? Why do you despise Igbo people like you do? Let us be honest and truthful with our comments and avoid antagonising people. Stop breeding tribalism you IDIOTS!

3 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Cusubaba(m): 5:25pm On Dec 25, 2012
@OP Eko Ile, Ur such a low life. Stop breeding tribalism you IDIOT!
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by LordNaya: 5:25pm On Dec 25, 2012
Gridlock at Onitsha Bridgehead, security agents clear Abuja-Lokoja Road
December 22, 2012 by Agency Reporter 11 Comments

Security agents and traffic officials on Saturday battled to clear congestion at Onitsha Bridgehead and Gwagwalada on Abuja-Lokoja Expressway on Saturday.

For the second day running, motorists groaned for hours at the Asaba and Onitsha ends of the River Niger bridge linking Delta and Anambra states, as hundreds of travellers headed home for the Christmas and New Year holidays.

Meanwhile, soldiers, policemen and the Federal Road Safety Commission managed to clear long lines of traffic at Gwagwalada, caused by a broken truck.

They had a hectic time clearing the vital road linking Abuja with the South-South and Kogi State, as travellers headed to their hometowns for the Yuletide.

More details later.

THESE GOES TO SHOW THAT THERE IS A MASSIVE MOVEMENT OF PERSONS, PROPERTIES AND GOODS TO ALAIGBO FROM NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, WEST AND OVERSEAS. ARIK, AERO CONTRACTORS AND A HOST OF OTHER AIRLINES NOW OPERATE MORE THAN ONE FLIGHT TO VARIOUS PARTS IGBOLAND. AIRPORTS IN IMO, ENUGU AND ASABA ARE A BEEHIVE OF ACTIVITIES THIS PERIOD. BIGOTRY SHOULD STOP.

4 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by LordNaya: 5:26pm On Dec 25, 2012
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by EkoIle1: 5:28pm On Dec 25, 2012
Fear of kidnapping stems Igbo Xmas travel

TRADITIONAL Christmas travel to southeastern Nigeria has been severely reduced this year as many Igbos chose to either stay abroad or enjoy the holidays in Lagos for fear of kidnapping.

There are believed to be about 30m Igbos living in Nigeria and as many as about 5m living in the diaspora. Traditionally, Igbos both at home and abroad, always travel back to southeast Nigeria for Christmas in what has become an annual pilgrimage.

However, this year, the figures are reported to be down with Lagos transporters saying that business is quieter than usual. They attribute the lull to the incessant menace of kidnapping, which has become very rampant across the southeast lately, with wealthy and influential Nigerians being abducted in exchange for huge sums.
[b]

Over the last week, Nollywood actress, Nkiru Sylvanus and former Mr Nigeria, Kenneth Okolie were both kidnapped in Owerri and were only released after large ransoms were paid. For the last fortnight, luxury bus motor parks at Jibowu, Yaba, Ejigbo, Ikotun, Igando and Alimosho parts of Lagos, mostly patronised by Igbo travellers, have reported slow trade.

Apparently, the situation is so bad that luxury bus operators have been forced to reduce transport fares during what should be their peak period. Ekene Dili Chukwu Motors in Jibowu for instance cut its fares to N6,000 from N7,000 for luxury buses and to N5,000 from N5,500 for mini buses going to the southeast.

Similarly, at the Ifesinachi Motor Park, the fare was for a journey to Onitsha, Enugu or Owerri in a luxury bus was reduced to N6,000 from N7,000. Ejike Madu, a manager with Peace Motors, Yaba, conceded that transporters were forced to reduce their fares because of low patronage.

He added: “Things are very hard and this is responsible for the considerable drop in the number of passengers travelling to the East. Most passengers are also afraid of the men of the underworld. They are afraid of kidnappers.”

[/b]

It is not clear what number of Igbos from the UK have flown to Nigeria and decided to stay put in Lagos
. In the US, Igbos constitute a majority of the Nigerians there, while they are the second largest ethnic group in the UK. http://www.nigerianwatch.com/news/1029-fear-of-kidnapping-stems-igbo-xmas-travel-

@ red. wonder why they are staying put in Lagos...
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Cusubaba(m): 5:33pm On Dec 25, 2012
Eko Ile: Fear of kidnapping stems Igbo Xmas travel

Senseless Ape, must every Igbo travel home for Xmas? Why not ask ur ugly deity Yorubas living in Kaduna, Kano, Gombe, Portharcort, Enugu, Abuja etc to come back home just for once in their entire life.

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Blueeyedboi(m): 5:33pm On Dec 25, 2012
ilugunboy:

I know your type...low lifer...obviously you have nadar kidnap value
...dude FYI me en u no cum measure prick 4 nairaland...u get kidnap value abi?..oya give me location...lolzzzz....
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Cusubaba(m): 5:36pm On Dec 25, 2012
Eko Ile: Fear of kidnapping stems Igbo Xmas travel

Ugly deity bastard ape, ur such a low life. Stop breeding tribalism you IDIOT!
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Decryptor(m): 5:38pm On Dec 25, 2012
afam4eva:
Will you keep quiet...

From the article, it's obvious that it's a general trend. That's why Akure, Ondo was cited in the article. The writer focused on Igbos because we all know Igbos are the ones who usually travel home in large numbers. A lot of people i know traveled home.

Btw, the mods have started their tribalistic ways this new year. I don't see why tribalistic topic opened by the likes of ekoile and Aishatu should make the frontpage.
Yorubas and tribalism! They can never change. SMH
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by LordNaya: 5:59pm On Dec 25, 2012
PLEASE ALL THE BIGOTS SHOULD LEARN TO SHUT UP. IGBOLAND IS THE BEST PLACE TO BE IN THIS FESTIVE SEASON OWERRI AND ENUGU ARE ALREADY BUBBLING WITH MANY EUROPEAN AND AMERICAN VISITORS AROUND. NO WONDER PEOPLE ARE TREKKING FROM ASABA TO ONITSHA BECAUSE NO ONE TO BE LEFT OUT IN THIS FESTIVE SEASON. IGBOLAND IS THE PLACE TO BE MEN. YOU CAN FOLLOW THE SOURCE TO WATCH THE VIDEO. ALA IGBO IS REALLY BLESSED AND FAVORED BY GOD.

Published On: Mon, Dec 24th, 2012
Big Story / Local | By Channels Television
Christmas: Travellers Trek To Avoid Asaba-Onitsha Expressway Traffic

As the Yuletides season approaches commuters who travelled to the South Eastern part of Nigeria to join their families in celebrating this season are contending with heavy vehicular movements and poor state of the roads.

In this report, Channels Television’s correspondents spoke with some commuters who recount their experiences on the road which is a major gateway to the southwest, including the Enugu-Onitsha Road, the Onitsha-Owerri Road, 9th Mile-Obollo Afor Road, as well as the Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/12/24/christmas-travellers-trek-to-avoid-asaba-onitsha-expressway-traffic/

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Dede1(m): 6:03pm On Dec 25, 2012
Eko ole is a typical bloody Yoruba, all skulls without brain. The bigoted ninny can not comprehend the word- Akure, with or without Ondo State.

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by dayokanu(m): 6:14pm On Dec 25, 2012
Dede1: Eko ole is a typical bloody Yoruba, all skulls without brain. The bigoted ninny can not comprehend the word- Akure, with or without Ondo State.

Dendemoron,

When are you travelling to your Yiboland you came from Make dem even kidnap your asss
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by EkoIle1: 6:21pm On Dec 25, 2012
Cusubaba: Ugly deity bastard ape, ur such a low life. Stop breeding tribalism you IDIOT!

Cusubaba: Senseless Ape, must every Igbo travel home for Xmas? Why not ask ur ugly deity Yorubas living in Kaduna, Kano, Gombe, Portharcort, Enugu, Abuja etc to come back home just for once in their entire life.

How do you reconcile the quotes in red you dumb azzzz no brain id..iot..
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 25, 2012
Dede1 can travel to the village...he is a NOBODY...kidnapping him will be at a financial net loss to the kidnappers. grin grin
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 25, 2012
Blue-eyed boi:
...dude FYI me en u no cum measure prick 4 nairaland...u get kidnap value abi?..oya give me location...lolzzzz....

See kidnapper ! tongue grin
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Cusubaba(m): 6:28pm On Dec 25, 2012
Eko Ile:

How do you reconcile the quotes in red you dumb azzzz no brain id..iot..
you ugly ape spits more shit than you Ass can hold. You are such an attention seeker! You are now becoming so boring and predictable in ur tribalism comments. I think you were a mistake, you were born out of wedlock. IDIOT![b][/b]
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Cusubaba(m): 6:34pm On Dec 25, 2012
ilugunboy:

See kidnapper ! tongue grin
Am sure ur were making this comment when you had too much to eat. Amala with Ewudu, 5 litres container of palm oil. Do you think you can reason well after eating like that?

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by InvertedHammer: 6:35pm On Dec 25, 2012
It is true! I am from Anambra State.

Each time I travelled to the village, crossing River Niger becomes entering the war zone. I become more apprehensive and vigilant than normal.

If you go to Enugu, Owerri, Awka and other major Igbo towns, returnees are hiding in hotels.
It is disheartening when one's parents will not want their returnee family members to sleep in the house.
If you want to drive out, na wahala. There is this level of fear everywhere.
No one knows who will be the next victim. There are still diehards who go out.
As typical Nigerians, they only anchor their hope on "not my portion".
They go to their houses in the day time and sneek out to sleep in a hotel at night.
Not that it is any safer, but kinda gives them a false sense of invicibility.

The contemporary ala Igbo is a hot mess. This is not a tribal issue but reality.
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Cusubaba(m): 6:37pm On Dec 25, 2012
ilugunboy: Dede1 can travel to the village...he is a NOBODY...kidnapping him will be at a financial net loss to the kidnappers. grin grin
Did u rape ur sister today and did ur father rape her daughter today? Because raping is common in yorubaland
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by EkoIle1: 6:38pm On Dec 25, 2012
Cusubaba: you ugly ape spits more shit than you Ass can hold. You are such an attention seeker! You are now becoming so boring and predictable in ur tribalism comments. I think you were a mistake, you were born out of wedlock. IDIOT![b][/b]

Idio.t, spend all the energy you are wasting on Eko Ile on your people. They need help.

She paid her own ibo people N10 Million to regain her freedom. What kind of society is this. ?
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Cusubaba(m): 6:42pm On Dec 25, 2012
InvertedHammer: It is true! I am from Anambra State.

Each time I travelled to the village, crossing River Niger becomes entering the war zone. I become more apprehensive and vigilant than normal.

If you go to Enugu, Owerri, Awka and other major Igbo towns, returnees are hiding in hotels.
It is disheartening when one's parents will not want their returnee family members to sleep in the house.
If you want to drive out, na wahala. There is this level of fear everywhere.
No one knows who will be the next victim. There are still diehards who go out.
As typical Nigerians, they only anchor their hope on "not my portion".
They go to their houses in the day time and sneek out to sleep in a hotel at night.
Not that it is any safer, but kinda gives them a false sense of invicibility.

The contemporary ala Igbo is a hot mess. This is not a tribal issue but reality.
Who is this retarded plastic claiming igbo. Why not u travel to Maidugari or YOBE state.
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 25, 2012
Cusubaba: Did u rape ur sister today and did ur father rape her daughter today? Because raping is common in yorubaland

E be like say the thing don dey enter your body ...e dey pain you wella...na Xmas day you go die tongue tongue grin
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by dayokanu(m): 6:47pm On Dec 25, 2012
Cusubaba: Did u rape ur sister today and did ur father rape her daughter today? Because raping is common in yorubaland

Rappe is a Igbo thing. Didnt you hear about the ABSU 5 and Cynthia Osukogus killers?
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by LordNaya: 6:48pm On Dec 25, 2012
ALL THOSE WHO ARE NOT IN THE EAST MISSING ALOT OF FUN; FROM CHILD DEDICATION TO NAMING CEREMONY, MARRIAGES, INTRODUCTION, CAR PRESENTATION, HOUSE DEDICATION, CULTURAL FESTIVAL, CARNIVAL, RELIGIOUS EVENTS, TITLE TAKING, ENTERTAINMENT SHOWS AND LOTS OF EVENTS. IMO AND ENUGU ARE ALREADY A BEEHIVE OF ACTIVITIES WITH VARIOUS CARNIVALS AND FESTIVALS. OH MEN YOU NEED TO BE IN IMO, ENUGU, ASABA AND PORT HARCOURT AIRPORT TO SEE THE TRAFFIC. TRY TO BE IN IGBOLAND BEFORE THE NEW YEAR BECAUSE THAT WHEN THE FUN WOULD BE AT ITS PEAK. CORCORDE HOTEL IN IMO STATE, NIKE LAKE HOTEL AND GRAND HOTEL ASABA HAS BEEN TAKEN OVER BY EUROPEANS AND AMERICANS. OH BOY NEW OWERRI AND INDEPENDENCE LAYOUTS CAN BE LIKENED TO CALIFORNIA AND DURBLIN WITH ALOT BEAUTIFUL PLACES. YOU GUYS ARE MISSING OUT.

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 25, 2012
Cusubaba: Am sure ur were making this comment when you had too much to eat. Amala with Ewudu, 5 litres container of palm oil. Do you think you can reason well after eating like that?

Why is it that Igbos never stop talking about food....even after 40 yrs that you've since had access to normal feeding pattern and eating normal food ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Security And Poverty Top The Agenda As Atiku Storms North Central / Adamu Adamu: Nigeria's Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab / Atiku Insists That The Declaration Of Tinubu As President Illegal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.