Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,520 members, 7,801,405 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. (13967 Views)

Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption / Boko Haram: Ohanaeze Evacuates 500,000 Igbo From Kano / Nchara (the Pathetic Soul) is Even Bigoted Towards Igbo (From Anambra) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 25, 2012
Blue-eyed boi:
....dude take a chill pill..am ahead of u naturally by virtue of my DNA composition...u b ofe mmanu i be Igbo boi...deal wit it en stp hating...one love bro..

Lolzzzzz....what makes you better than me? Simply because you are Ibo and not because of what is in your brain or what you can offer ?

You are a real clown...enjoy the rest of your holiday. grin

Next time you come across me on this forum..watch the way you talk..ok?
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by jason123: 8:35pm On Dec 25, 2012
The OP is right. I am in Lagos right now and most of my neighbours of Igbo origin didn't travel. Only my Spouse's family traveled to Enugu BUT they are staying in a hotel because of the kidnappers and armed-robbers. They simply can't go home.

Btw, the traffic situation is ....... sad
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Afam4eva(m): 8:37pm On Dec 25, 2012
jason123: The OP is right. I am in Lagos right now and most of my neighbours of Igbo origin didn't travel. Only my Spouse's family traveled to Enugu BUT they are staying in a hotel because of the kidnappers and armed-robbers. They simply can't go home.

Guy, na lie go kill you for this life wey you come. Always making up stories to support your assertion. Hotel ko Sheraton ni.

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Dede1(m): 8:39pm On Dec 25, 2012
ilugunboy:

Of course m.orons like you would find dendemoron entertaining

Illegitimateboy,

How many loudmouthed punks in Yoruba land worth the efforts of the kidnapers? I am not surprised the sex staved areas boys in Yoruba land set their slant eyes on sex.
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by jason123: 8:42pm On Dec 25, 2012
afam4eva:
Guy, na lie go kill you for this life wey you come. Always making up stories to support your assertion. Hotel ko Sheraton ni.

They are in Enugu now as we speak. Her and her family... Why will I lie over that?! How many times have you seen me on NL in recent times? Why will I just come on to lie?! Please dude, you do not know her, I do, so its either you believe or you don't. Either way, that's not my problem.
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by dayokanu(m): 8:42pm On Dec 25, 2012
Dede1:

Illegitimateboy,

How many loudmouthed punks in Yoruba land worth the efforts of the kidnapers? I am not surprised the sex staved areas boys in Yoruba land set their slant eyes on sex.

Dende your friends in Enugu are taking turns on Grandmothers as we speak

Better send money for antirape levy to granny for village

[size=18pt]Opi - Enugu Community Where Old Women Are Molested By Youngmen[/size]

The traditional ruler of Ogbozalla community of OpI Nsukka, (apparently the most affected community), in Nsukka local council, Igwe Fabian Ogbuabo, while briefing the public hearing, said the continuous molestation of old women in his domain was caused by the women's non-compliance with the payment of N100 security levy.

[size=18pt]"The women were told to pay N100 each as security levy to prevent them from being Molested, since they are the targets, but they refused paying and this has made the Neighbourhood Watch to relax in the performance of ensuring the safety of their lives" the Igwe, is one-time Secretary to the Enugu State Government (SSG)[/size].
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 25, 2012
Dede1:

Illegitimateboy,

Bros...stop before I aimed at you.
If I do ..I guarantee you a very horrible Xmas night grin
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Dede1(m): 8:55pm On Dec 25, 2012
jason123: The OP is right. I am in Lagos right now and most of my neighbours of Igbo origin didn't travel. Only my Spouse's family traveled to Enugu BUT they are staying in a hotel because of the kidnappers and armed-robbers. They simply can't go home.

Any Igbo family that allowed a dirty azz punk such as you to get onto the door step talk less of being acquaintance should be banished from the Igbo community.

5 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Dede1(m): 8:59pm On Dec 25, 2012
ilugunboy:

Bros...stop before I aimed at you.
If I do ..I guarantee you a very horrible Xmas night grin

Please, channel your kidnapping expertise to the usual targets-the wives of speakers of House of Assembly in Yoruba land.
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by jason123: 9:00pm On Dec 25, 2012
Dede1:

Any Igbo family that allowed a dirty azz punk such as you to get onto the door step talk less of being acquaintance should be banished from the Igbo community.

grin grin grin

We are engaged! Now die!!! cheesy wink Merry Christmas bro!
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by jason123: 9:01pm On Dec 25, 2012
Dede1:

Please, channel your kidnapping expertise to the usual targets-the wives of speakers of House of Assembly in Yoruba land.

It was carried out by kidnappers of Igbo origin, remember?!
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by dayokanu(m): 9:01pm On Dec 25, 2012
Dede1:

Dendemoro shebi na your Igbo untrained sons go kidnap Osun speakers wife?
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by LordNaya: 9:04pm On Dec 25, 2012
@illugunboy and other bigots after appealling to you guys on several threads on the need to stop spreading hate and bigotry and promote peace and partnership between Igbos and Yorubas to no avail and your pesistent unprovocked attacks on the Igbos, one have to do the job of correcting the falsehood being spread by envious bigots and fanatics. How many times have you seen attack Yorubas? you guys need to stop your bigotry.

PLEASE AVOID YORIGBALAND SOUTHWEST NIGERIA BECAUSE OF THE HIGH RATE OF FRAUD, CORRUPTION, ARMED ROBBERIES, KIDNAPPING, DIRTY ENVIRONMENT AND DANGEROUS POLITICS. PLEASE AVOID SOUTHWEST NIGERIA AND YORIGBAS IN GENERAL.

THIS IS ONE OF THE MANY CASES OF ARMED ROBBERIES AND FRAUDS IN SOUTHWEST NIGERIA. FOR YOUR OWN GOOD, AVOID SOUTHWEST NIGERIA.

Varsity student, others arrested for Internet scam, robbery
October 5, 2012 by Akinwale Aboluwade
Oyo State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Tambary Muhammed

Oyo State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Tambary Muhammed
| credits: www.npf.gov.ng

SUSPECTED bank robbers and a fraudster, Nurudeen Oyeniyi, were on Thursday paraded by the Oyo State Police command.

Twenty-three year Oyeniyi, a 300-level Mass Communication student of Lead City University, Ibadan, was arrested for allegedly defrauding some foreigners of millions of dollars.

The suspect, who confirmed his involvement in Internet fraud, told the police that he got into the business two years ago.

He also accepted to have swindled two women of huge sums of money.

He said, “I am involved in yahoo business (Internet fraud). I had duped some women living in the United States of various sums of money.

“I was arrested by the police as a suspected armed robber but I told them that my mother owned the car (Range Rover Sport) that they saw me with.

“My mum is a doctor and my dad a retiree.

“I got into the internet fraud business one year ago. The first deal fetched me $17m while the second fetched me $25,000.”

The police also paraded one Kingsley Aniankan, a house keeper, who allegedly robbed the wife of his former employer.

Aniankan, who was sacked by his employer for questionable character, later attacked their residence and stole jewelry and laptop.

The police said Aniankan sold the stolen items to one Alhaji Umaru Haruna in Ibadan.

Also, corpse of one of the suspected robbers, who reportedly attacked a first generation bank in Iseyin on Wednesday, was displayed by the police.

Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr. Joseph Mbu, said the stolen gold was valued at N25m.

The suspect, who the police chief claimed sold the gold for N13m, said he used the remaining sum to build a house at Aba Pan, Oluyole Extension and to buy a Bora Volkswagen car.

He said, “The receiver confirmed that he knows Kingsley and that he used to buy gold from him. Investigation shows that he had bought about N9m worth of gold from the suspect.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/varsity-student-others-arrested-for-internet-scam-robbery/
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Dede1(m): 9:04pm On Dec 25, 2012
jason123:

It was carried out by kidnappers of Igbo origin, remember?!

Yoruba can never own up for anything. Always angling to reap where they did not sow.
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Dede1(m): 9:07pm On Dec 25, 2012
dayokanu:

Dendemoro shebi na your Igbo untrained sons go kidnap Osun speakers wife?

Dayolodo,

Please, shut up for once. We know certain people who will kidnap skirt in Nigeria.
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 25, 2012
Dede1:

DenseDende....go to the village square in your village to do your normal gossip with your age grade and reminisce over your Biafra misadventures and escapades
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by okpurukata(f): 9:10pm On Dec 25, 2012
I dey village de enjoy kampe. God is in control. No shaking. Bad belle people keep ranting.
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by azpekuliar: 9:11pm On Dec 25, 2012
dayokanu:

Rappe is a Igbo thing. Didnt you hear about the ABSU 5 and Cynthia Osukogus killers?

*Enters into thread to join the e-war.

Yaribas and inc.est! Their fathers deflower their own daughters! Their fathers sleep with their daughters-in-law!

Only recently, a whole Yoruba School principal fingere.d over 50 female students! Choi!! shocked

What a tribe of sexu.al perverts!

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by joeyfire(m): 9:11pm On Dec 25, 2012
Yoruba na Yoruba really.

Umunne abeg hapu these ppl. If dem no tell lie at least five times a day they may drop dead.

Merry Xmas y'all I have one more beer for the road to finish before I go to bed. Village sweet abeg

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Afam4eva(m): 9:11pm On Dec 25, 2012
Dede1:

Dayolodo,

Please, shut up for once. We know certain people who will kidnap skirt in Nigeria.
LMAO grin grin grin...this is some funny shit.

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by redsun(m): 9:15pm On Dec 25, 2012
grin grin grin

It is more like the city dwelling yorubas being scared of going to their villages for fear of witches.Lagos use to be empty and lonely at christmas time when the igbos are gone for christmas.It is a time of coming home,a time of letting go stress and time of meeting up.

To a great extent it is a true story.Delta state and other south east states are hot zones for heinous crimes.Well to do people,both the bad and good ones are terrified of murderous criminals that are in most cases headed by the police themselves,like in the case of delta state where the police commissioner,ikechukwu aduba is a confirmed hardened criminal.
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 25, 2012
okpurukata: I dey village de enjoy kampe. God is in control. No shaking. Bad belle people keep ranting.

May you be rapped and kidnapped tonite
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 25, 2012
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by geeez: 9:24pm On Dec 25, 2012
It's always amusing when these illusioned Igbos deny the obvious or derail the topic when deep within them, the harsh reality scares them to their pants, but as far as this thread is concerned, there have been no kidnappings or robberies in the SE since 2011. As a matter of fact that's where the bulk of Nigeria's commerce resides and their worst roads are better than Bourdillon Road, Ikoyi while electricity never blinks and when you open their taps, what pours out is purer than Eva water. Up Biafra
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by geeez: 9:41pm On Dec 25, 2012
joeyfire: Yoruba na Yoruba really.

Umunne abeg hapu these ppl. If dem no tell lie at least five times a day they may drop dead.

Merry Xmas y'all I have one more beer for the road to finish before I go to bed. Village sweet abeg

Hope you also update us with pictures and a brief synopsis after you've been kidnapped and a ransom of a Nokia 3310 or its Naira equivalent is paid to secure your release grin

okpurukata: I dey village de enjoy kampe. God is in control. No shaking. Bad belle people keep ranting.

The bolded text can only mean one thing - FEAR
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by joeyfire(m): 10:08pm On Dec 25, 2012
geeez:

Hope you also update us with pictures and a brief synopsis after you've been kidnapped and a ransom of a Nokia 3310 or its Naira equivalent is paid to secure your release grin

The bolded text can only mean one thing - FEAR

Typical Yoruba. Always thinking they can drown common sense in a sea of gibberish and cheap shots. I dey enjoy my village for xmas, If e pain u go and hang yourself with rope wey dem dey take tie xmas goat
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 25, 2012
joeyfire:

Typical Yoruba. Always thinking they can drown common sense in a sea of gibberish and cheap shots. I dey enjoy my village for xmas, If e pain u go and hang yourself with rope wey dem dey take tie xmas goat

Keep lying as if anyone believed or impressed
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by joeyfire(m): 10:14pm On Dec 25, 2012
ilugunboy:

Keep lying as if anyone believed or impressed

Ok I agree with u, now quit sniffing around like a lost he-goat
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by LordNaya: 10:21pm On Dec 25, 2012
FOR YOUR INFORMATION YOROBOALAND SOUTHWEST NIGERIA IS ONE OF THE MOST BIGOT AND FANATICS FILLED PARTS OF AFRICA. YOU HAVE TO BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN DEALING WITH THEM. TO ADD TO THE HIGH INSECURITY RATE AND OTHER SECURITY CHALLENGES IN YORIBALAND IS THE RAPANT CASES OF RAP.E.
HERE IS ONE OF THE NUMEROUS CASES OF RAP.E. TO ALL THE BIGOTS BACK TO SENDER, YOUR ABUSES CAN,T COME TO PASS.

RAPIS.T TAKEOVER YORUBALAND
Rapists target minors in Ibadan
April 7, 2012 by Akinwale Aboluwade, Ibadan
Rape

There is an indication that rapists are on the rampage in Ibadan, capital of Oyo State. However, most of their victims are young girls below the age of 14.

As a result, many parents and guardians, as well as other residents of the city and neighbouring communities, are gripped with fear and anxious about the safety of their children and wards.

Recently, a middle-aged man, known simply as Peter, allegedly rap.ed an 11-year- old girl called Jennifer (surname withheld) at Apata in Ido Local Government Area of the state.

CRIME DIGEST investigations showed that on March 29, 2012, Peter met Jennifer on her way to get some drugs for her aunt, lured her to a hotel nearby and had carnal knowledge of her.

Jennifer’s aunt, Ms. Blessing Happiness, said the girl left home at about 8.30 pm. She was so worried that she had to report her disappearance to the police.

A search party then set out to find Jennifer. Their efforts were in vain. Eventually, the young girl returned at midnight at a time other members of the community had gone to bed. When she was questioned for coming home that late, she said she had gone to buy the drugs in Apata, since they were not available at the drug store near her home.

But Happiness observed that the girl could not walk as well as she used to do. Then, under pressure, Jennifer confessed that she had sex with Peter. The latter was arrested and upon interrogation, he confessed to the act.

CRIME DIGEST learnt that the case had since been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department for further investigation.

In another development, three teenagers, namely Mary John, Folake Adegboyega and Kafayat Folorunsho, were attacked separately and raped in different parts of the city.

John, who is an employee of one Mrs. Ronke Opabunmi of Plot 31, Opeyemi Street in Akuru area, Oluyole Extension, was allegedly assaulted by an artisan named Dayo Ogunlade on March 2, 2012.

In her statement to the police, Opabunmi said Ogunlade came to carry out some repairs in her residence when he rap.ed the girl.

Ogunlade was said to have dragged the unsuspecting young girl to a corner of the house and violated her. He was arrested after the incident and the victim was taken to the hospital for medical examination. However, the result of the test carried out on John was not disclosed to our correspondent.

On her part, Folorunsho accused one Ojelade Jelili of defiling her. Narrating her ordeal, she claimed that Ojelade lured her into the bush, tied her to a cocoa tree, and tied her mouth to prevent her from raising the alarm before forcing himself on her.

Our correspondent learnt that detectives from the Eruwa Police Station have since visited the scene of the crime and taken the victim to the General Hospital, Eruwa for medical examination and treatment. The suspect has since been arrested and detained.

Adegboyega, whose hearing and speech are said to be impaired, was allegedly raped by two men. One of the assailants, Wasiu Aminu, lives in the Monatan area of Ibadan, while his accomplice, Damilola (surname not known), is currently at large.

Also on March 7, a commercial motorcyclist named Sabital rap.ed 11 year old Sabitu in the forest near Onimo village on the outskirts of Ibadan.

In her reaction to the development, the president of the Women’s Rights Action Group, Mrs. Deborah Salami, expressed shock at the current surge in the number of rape cases involving underage victims in the city. The trend, according to her, is a reflection of the level of rot and moral decadence in the society.

Salami said, “The development is unfortunate as much as it is shocking. The reason for the prevalence of rap.e is not far-fetched. The law on rap.e is very weak and the government is closing its eyes on the vice, as if there is nothing really wrong about it. The punishment prescribed for rape in the Penal Code is so mild that you begin to imagine if the offence is not a serious one.”

Rape and its consequence, Salami notes, are devastating. She says, “Imagine the stigma, the psychological effect, and the health risk of rape. A victim of rap.e might suffer emotional trauma for the rest of her life if not properly rehabilitated.

“She could be stigmatised, infected with sexually-transmitted diseases like Human Immuno Virus. And come to think of it, the rape of an underage could cost damage to vital organs, especially the reproductive organs of the victim.”

She adds that rap.e of underage girls is weird and could be associated with some fetish beliefs. For instance, she said that it could be for ritual purposes. She said that some men engaged in it for rituals purpose “while others hold the assumption that having sex with virgins could cure HIV/AIDS infected persons. Such belief is unfounded. It is mere make-belief as such a thing never holds.”

A lawyer based in Ibadan, Mr. Abiola Olagunju, said that rape is a capital offence that attracts life imprisonment in Nigeria. He says, “The issue of prevalence of rape is not because of mild punishment. In fact, penalty for rape is very high. If you are charged with rape and you are to be sentenced, the offence attracts life imprisonment. Attempted rape attracts 14 years imprisonment. That, to my mind, is not mild.

“For me, the issue of rape goes beyond the ordinary. A rapist can be said to suffer some disorder or madness. It is a societal problem that does not have to be blamed on the mildness or otherwise of the penalty. In spite of the capital punishment attached to robbery, we still have robberies on a daily basis and so also is rape. That is why I described it as a social problem.”

Olagunju continues, “According to Section 357 of the Criminal Code, rape is committed when any person has unlawful carnal knowledge of a woman or girl without her consent, or with her consent, if the consent is obtained by force or by means of threats or intimidation of any kind or any fear of harm or by means of false and fraudulent representation as to the nature of the act.

“Any person who commits rape is liable to imprisonment for life, with or without whipping. Any person who attempts to commit the offence of rape is guilty of a felony, and is liable to imprisonment for 14 years, with or without whipping.

“The law has provided enough punishment for the offence of rape and other incidental offences. However, because of societal stigma on the victim of rape, it has always been difficult to convict most offenders. The victim rarely comes forward to testify against them.”

A medical doctor, Dr. Adeboa Oyewole, describes rape as a condition that could be aided by psychiatric disorder. She says, “If not addressed on time as required, it can degenerate. Psychiatric disorders can lead to rape. The effect of it can be psychological, it can lead to infection like HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases. Also, it can lead to pregnancy and disvirginity. We have cases degenerating into rape if the disorder is not promptly addressed.”

Also, Rev. Gboyega Abifarin of the Cornerstone Baptist Church, Gbopa, Ibadan describes rape as sin against God. He says, “It is against the will of God. It is also an act of wickedness to humanity and an anti-social behaviour punishable under the biblical injunctions.”

http://www.punchng.com/feature/crime-digest/rapists-target-minors-in-ibadan/[img][/img]
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Tinyemeka(m): 10:34pm On Dec 25, 2012
Hmm. It surprises me that people can carry all these hate and animosity in their hearts and still live a (decent?) life.

Funny thread.
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:52pm On Dec 25, 2012
alj harem: That explains the traffic of yesterday. Normally, Lagos road are free during this period but this year we have traffic everywhere angry.

I hope the commissioner of police and Minister of transport address this issue. This is the only time we Lagosians actually enjoy lagos and are free from all the shouting and fighting of Lagos streets.

I hope this is just a one off angry I really hope it is a one off.

Look at this shameless AKPAMU! You are so ignorant...In reality,not all Igbo travel every Christmas. Some year you record large numbers of travellers and some years you have few. Its a mere coincidence.
Re: Kidnappers Scare Igbo From Xmas Trip. by Dede1(m): 11:08pm On Dec 25, 2012
jason123:

grin grin grin

We are engaged! Now die!!! cheesy wink Merry Christmas bro!

It is a fact deceitful characters such you usually die a miserable death. You can not continue to fool yourself by living a double life. Apparently, you seem to despise anything Igbo according to your posts on Nairaland yet a slimy and foolish son of a bit.ch kept sniffing after a skirt worn by an Igbo girl.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day / Sanwo-olu Assures Religious, Ethnic Groups, Others Of Participatory Governance / Rumbles In Ogun APC Over Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.