Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,174 members, 7,780,205 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:50 AM

ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD (67448 Views)

How To Pass ICAN Exams With Flying Colours / What Does It Cost To Write ICAN Exams From PE1 To PE2 ? / Tired With Ican Exams! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by bankole200(m): 9:32am On Jan 18, 2013
Ican Nov 2012 result has finally come out. All the best
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by Ernaal: 9:42am On Jan 18, 2013
The results are out already,i checked mine yesterday.Its damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn WOEFUL..............go to either ICAN office @ Ebutte Metta or WYSE @Maryland
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 18, 2013
Ernaal: The results are out already,i checked mine yesterday.Its damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn WOEFUL..............go to either ICAN office @ Ebutte Metta or WYSE @Maryland
How's the performance generally. FA and MA? PE1?
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by vivianc(f): 9:50am On Jan 18, 2013
Wow! For those of you that passed, I share in your joy. For those who have references in any of the courses, I also commend you, it is not easy one bit! You will all get there! We will all get there!

I'm still doing my B.sc in Accounting, tho rounding up. I have heard a lot about ANAN, ICAN and ACCA .... Pls someone should help throw more light on these and probably tell me the best option amongst the 3.

Thank you.
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by waleski(m): 10:27am On Jan 18, 2013
vivian chinaza: Wow! For those of you that passed, I share in your joy. For those who have references in any of the courses, I also commend you, it is not easy one bit! You will all get there! We will all get there!

I'm still doing my B.sc in Accounting, tho rounding up. I have heard a lot about ANAN, ICAN and ACCA .... Pls someone should help throw more light on these and probably tell me the best option amongst the 3.

Thank you.

Also finished my b.sc in accounting, I had a difficult time deciding what professional paper to do after my bsc. Now u have two important tins in mind wen considering ican or acca I.e time and expenses, after bsc in accounting with minimum of 2.2 u can start from pe1 and take just one year to become chartered. If its acca u start with f4 and take 2 years to be a member, although with acca u need to have atleast 150k available to finish considering books,examfees,tutorial etc. Of course with acca u have more 'mouth' nd getting ur ican would not require u sitting for exam so basically that's it.
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by vivianc(f): 11:04am On Jan 18, 2013
waleski:

Also finished my b.sc in accounting, I had a difficult time deciding what professional paper to do after my bsc. Now u have two important tins in mind wen considering ican or acca I.e time and expenses, after bsc in accounting with minimum of 2.2 u can start from pe1 and take just one year to become chartered. If its acca u start with f4 and take 2 years to be a member, although with acca u need to have atleast 150k available to finish considering books,examfees,tutorial etc. Of course with acca u have more 'mouth' nd getting ur ican would not require u sitting for exam so basically that's it.

Awwww, thank u so much, that helps.
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by PHIPEX(m): 11:26am On Jan 18, 2013
waleski:

Nice one but please note that ACCA holders are now required to write PE2 stage of ICAN before they are recognised by ICAN.
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by Paulipopor: 11:57am On Jan 18, 2013
ebicon: I want to study on my own, so I need info on good text book for biz law and company law,then I didn't get the study pack for the biz and company law too.so can you be of help.
try and look for a book on company law and business law by Omojuola(nt very sure abt the spelling). It contains all the topics go the syllabus. Alternatively, you can get the pack for business law for ATS 1. You can download this from the ican website. Though it doesn't contain all the topics, it covers up to 90% of the syllabus.
Cheers!
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by Jimdare: 12:00pm On Jan 18, 2013
i received congratulatory text from POTEC PH. but i have not seen the result on the net. how did they know my result?
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by manzo2k6(m): 12:03pm On Jan 18, 2013
If you've not gotten any txt from any of the tuition centres does it mean didn't pass?
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by Jimdare: 12:23pm On Jan 18, 2013
no dey mit not have ur no.
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by LblaqueHaven(m): 12:49pm On Jan 18, 2013
I'm a graduate of Business Administration, what stage will i start from if i want to write ACCA and how much will it cost me?
Secondly, if i decide to write from the intermediate level with ICAN due to bus-admin graduate that i am, what are the cost implications? Thanks as i anticipate a good response.
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by nous(f): 1:24pm On Jan 18, 2013
Please what is the procedure for querying an ICAN result.
Someone believes that she did well in a course but failed and wants to query it.
Please does anybody know the procedure. I want to encourage her to query the result.
Thanks.
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by Paulipopor: 1:24pm On Jan 18, 2013
vivian chinaza:

Awwww, thank u so much, that helps.
don't get it twisted. You'll write PE2 if you've acca and you want ican certificate. Wef this year.
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by Paulipopor: 1:32pm On Jan 18, 2013
nous: Please what is the procedure for querying an ICAN result.
Someone believes that she did well in a course but failed and wants to query it.
Please does anybody know the procedure. I want to encourage her to query the result.
Thanks.
Hmmm! The best place to get this info is ICAN office. I've not seen or heard of anyone who has queried b4. This is not to discourage you in anyway. But your script go through series of scrutiny by competent professionals b4 it's finally approved to be released. I'd suggest you dust your packs and write the paper(s) again. Cheers!
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by olumaxi(m): 1:36pm On Jan 18, 2013
Paulipopor: Hmmm! The best place to get this info is ICAN office. I've not seen or heard of anyone who has queried b4. This is not to discourage you in anyway. But your script go through series of scrutiny by competent professionals b4 it's finally approved to be released. I'd suggest you dust your packs and write the paper(s) again. Cheers!
gbam
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by vivianc(f): 1:38pm On Jan 18, 2013
Paulipopor:
don't get it twisted. You'll write PE2 if you've acca and you want ican certificate. Wef this year.

Ok, thanks.
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by logonlaredo: 1:38pm On Jan 18, 2013
I qualified in 2009 and have been a member (ACA) since 2010. All the best. follow this link to check your result. http://www.icanig.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=246&Itemid=535
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by nitrogen(m): 2:22pm On Jan 18, 2013
logonlaredo: I qualified in 2009 and have been a member (ACA) since 2010. All the best. follow this link to check your result. http://www.icanig.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=246&Itemid=535
Hey bros! Thanks for the link, I passed all papers. Glory be to God.

Btw, my first time.
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by nous(f): 2:34pm On Jan 18, 2013
Paulipopor:
Hmmm! The best place to get this info is ICAN office. I've not seen or heard of anyone who has queried b4. This is not to discourage you in anyway. But your script go through series of scrutiny by competent professionals b4 it's finally approved to be released. I'd suggest you dust your packs and write the paper(s) again. Cheers!

Thank you for responding.
First, it is not me. I said my friend. I qualified in 2011 but have not done my induction because I do not have up to three years relevant experience.
Second, it is unlikely that anybody has queried it but there is always a first time. There is a level of confidence you have in your work that u wud be very shocked that you failed. If the result can be queried then there is no harm in trying. Also, I believe ICAN would(should) not victimize the person. If after the review the person still failed then it is okay to take it in good faith.
As per the scrutinity,the reason for the checks is because they believe there can be errors. Please do not forget that the check is on sample basis. What if the error was in my friend's paper and her paper was not among the samples?
I have sent a mail on her behalf to ICAN (yes I am taking panadol for her headache because I believe in her). I hope they reply.
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by Paulipopor: 2:46pm On Jan 18, 2013
@Nous, i wish you and your friends good.
Hope you'v done your TCI?
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by nous(f): 3:02pm On Jan 18, 2013
Paulipopor: @Nous, i wish you and your friends good.
Hope you'v done your TCI?

Yes I have. Just waiting for induction.
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by landinfo: 3:42pm On Jan 18, 2013
Good 4 dose dat made it
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by shegzymoni: 4:04pm On Jan 18, 2013
denghan: A.J Silicon keeps sending goodwill messages n prayers 2 me.... I just rcvd one.... Pls let dem release d results soon.
pls, hoow can I get the phone number or add of a tutorial centre in abakalliki? I would like to write PE 1 may diet
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by sniperwolf(m): 7:34pm On Jan 18, 2013
Is there a link where one can check his result? Please I need it ASAP
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by sniperwolf(m): 7:53pm On Jan 18, 2013
Jimdare: i received congratulatory text from POTEC PH. but i have not seen the result on the net. how did they know my result?

I received the same text from that center too and I didn't register with them
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by sniperwolf(m): 8:04pm On Jan 18, 2013
logonlaredo: I qualified in 2009 and have been a member (ACA) since 2010. All the best. follow this link to check your result. http://www.icanig.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=246&Itemid=535

I just checked and I passed. Why is the website always changing
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 18, 2013
ACA, Thanks! I've equally checked mine, but I had reference in MA. Alhamdulillah.
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by ebicon(f): 11:04pm On Jan 18, 2013
Paulipopor:
try and look for a book on company law and business law by Omojuola(nt very sure abt the spelling). It contains all the topics go the syllabus. Alternatively, you can get the pack for business law for ATS 1. You can download this from the ican website. Though it doesn't contain all the topics, it covers up to 90% of the syllabus.
Cheers!
thanks, just downloaded the Bis law now, I will try get that txt asap, pls recommend any good txt book for FA pls.
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by lukeuche(f): 11:21pm On Jan 18, 2013
Please can any one help me with BCRM pdf. It is not on ican website. uchlukez@yahoo.co.uk
Re: ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD by chyseth(m): 11:23pm On Jan 18, 2013
ok
lukeuche: Please can any one help me with BCRM pdf. It is not on ican website. uchlukez@yahoo.co.uk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Sisters who are graduates from Unizik do crazy make-ups for a career (Pics) / "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video / Meet Bruno Chigozie Opara, The Hottest & Most Handsome Nigerian Police Officer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.