Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike (8944 Views)

Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. / Emenike, Nsofor, Ameobi Return For Super-Eagles / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by ubcandid(m): 11:25pm On Dec 25, 2012
docile, please check ur dictionary before u use vocabularies, and if u are sure of the word u used please go and watch ik uches games for the super goals and his goals operandi and haul.
Baba_O:
But that guy is too docile for my liking realy. Nigeria is an average football playing nation if we are relying on the potential of the likes of ike ushes.
Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by Johnnoah1st: 11:35pm On Dec 25, 2012
Notin we ever satisfy naija people, y are u complaining about exclusion of kalu uche,ozase,martins,taiwo? Were dis players not dere when we lost 1-0 guinea? Or were dey not there when we coundn't even beat rwanda? Or were dey not there wen we draw wit guninea in abuja? and do dis player play in our qualifier matches? U don't expect keshi to ommite d name of players dat struggle 4 qualifier and expect him to name dose players dat are 2 big to play qualifiers, or if it was u we u be happy if u av been working 4 sometin since and it comes to where u wanna enjoy it and u were ommited? And dis guys are our future stars or can we still rely on ozase as a striker 4 2014 world cup? D anwser is NO. And if keshi omitte dos strikers who work 4 qualifier next time if dey were called dey won't play wit dere heart again cus dey we believe dat even if dey qualify dey may not pick dem. And u were just underating our squard we have a very gud squard dat can beat any team, our striking force is already complete, wit musa and moses on wing and wit ik uche/ideye/emunike i don't think dere is any team we can't beat. Our defence is only d problem. And am sensing dat Nigeria we suprise every body in dis afcon.

3 Likes

Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by GentleNaaz(m): 11:39pm On Dec 25, 2012
Conversation continues
Naaz; keshi, do u tink we cn wn AFCON 2013
Keshi; r u mad? Hw do u tnk we cn wn ds AFCON
Naaz; y?
Keshi; cnt u c Ghana, ivory coast, zambia n angola? Do u tink dy wl come 2 joke
Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by avalontony(m): 12:11am On Dec 26, 2012
make him drop mikel obi na
Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by Opoki(m): 12:26am On Dec 26, 2012
I reserve my comment untill the 2nd group match.
Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by Zikdik(m): 12:28am On Dec 26, 2012
illuminutty :
who is Stephen Keshi?
YOUR DAD
Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by Acecube(m): 12:30am On Dec 26, 2012
Onyeasi: This Keshi is not a coach. The game of football is not a ground of politics. How can he invite someone who has not even made a start for his club? I will not ßε̲̣ surprise if Nigeria did not make the group stage.
pessimist............ The difference between a Nigerian and an American... The former will keep on saying '' nigeria is cursed '' , while the later '' God bless America
'' guys let's learn to wish Nigeria the best at all time

1 Like

Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by ksam(m): 1:35am On Dec 26, 2012
For those complaining about osaze and the rest,,keshi did the right thing for droping them..he wants to fully b incharge of d team..my probs wit osaze is that he is one bigmouthed type of human being and i blieve after tweeting those statement it will cause him his place at the national team forever.let us all join hand and give him our full support in wateva way we can.if droping all the whole stars and going wit lobi stars will give him the cup,,then he shouldnt think twice abt it.wat we nid is d cup nd notin else...
Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by Martini101(m): 2:07am On Dec 26, 2012
Rabiu ibrahim is a very talented player dat has been over looked since 2007 u17 world cup. My only concern is d noninclusion of osaze cos he is a player dat plays his heart out. As 4 Kalu Uche and taiye taiwo, we have perfect replacement 4 them. Nice work keshi
Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by sambos994(m): 3:17am On Dec 26, 2012
toprealman: He appears to be intelligent.....NOT!!!!
While I am not happy with some of the guys he dropped considering the people he used as replacement, too much talking and explanation makes him look like a weakling.

If Keshi talks too little, people will still chastise him...
Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by sambos994(m): 3:19am On Dec 26, 2012
Johnnoah1st: Notin we ever satisfy naija people, y are u complaining about exclusion of kalu uche,ozase,martins,taiwo? Were dis players not dere when we lost 1-0 guinea? Or were dey not there when we coundn't even beat rwanda? Or were dey not there wen we draw wit guninea in abuja? and do dis player play in our qualifier matches? U don't expect keshi to ommite d name of players dat struggle 4 qualifier and expect him to name dose players dat are 2 big to play qualifiers, or if it was u we u be happy if u av been working 4 sometin since and it comes to where u wanna enjoy it and u were ommited? And dis guys are our future stars or can we still rely on ozase as a striker 4 2014 world cup? D anwser is NO. And if keshi omitte dos strikers who work 4 qualifier next time if dey were called dey won't play wit dere heart again cus dey we believe dat even if dey qualify dey may not pick dem. And u were just underating our squard we have a very gud squard dat can beat any team, our striking force is already complete, wit musa and moses on wing and wit ik uche/ideye/emunike i don't think dere is any team we can't beat. Our defence is only d problem. And am sensing dat Nigeria we suprise every body in dis afcon.

Thank you!!!
Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by ikeyman00(m): 3:46am On Dec 26, 2012
@@@

they all can go to hell

we need a new team biko and must be respected
Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by demmyboy1(m): 4:00am On Dec 26, 2012
While seriousness is one of the main issue that needs to be addressed among players,Keshi need not exclude our vital players from the national team because no team can ever be underestimated in the AFCON. I keep my arms crossed,still believe Osaze should have made the team.
Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by yuzedo: 4:01am On Dec 26, 2012
clerkent: Where is messi in d list.or van persie
grin grin grin

Meanwhile, HE DIDN'T INVITE KALU UCHE??! shocked
Ha! Ma wo oju Uche?! lipsrsealed
Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by sambos994(m): 4:11am On Dec 26, 2012
demmyboy1: While seriousness is one of the main issue that needs to be addressed among players,Keshi need not exclude our vital players from the national team because no team can ever be underestimated in the AFCON. I keep my arms crossed,still believe Osaze should have made the team.

You can't have a player that is going to cause trouble for the coach. No player is bigger than the team. The only problem is why he didn't invite Martins.
Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by zuchyblink(m): 5:01am On Dec 26, 2012
these are the players that qualified nigeria,defeated liberia by 6 goals to one,and venezuela 3 goals to 1 which i know we have not done for a very long time.
Names don't play soccer,the home base lads have and the new crop of players have made a gr8 difference in the team;they are strong and physical which is suitable for african soccer.
Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by daryoor(m): 7:45am On Dec 26, 2012
s.spot: why didnt kalu, martins and odemwinge make the squard

keshi: when i call martins, the guy dey sing african queen,hin say na ghana hin heart dey say na balloteli sister be hin new year resolution. When i call osaze, hin dey tell me say na hin sabi play pass and na hin fine pass say hin must cap. Uche? Na two uche's dey, I no know o, make una manage one.
Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by Cornel88(m): 7:52am On Dec 26, 2012
My only problem is Dike in, Obafemi/Kalu Uche out. Osaze's case is different from Obafemi and Kalu's case.
Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by Saintsquare(m): 8:22am On Dec 26, 2012
Martini101:
Rabiu ibrahim is a very talented player dat has been over looked since 2007 u17 world cup. My only concern is d noninclusion of osaze cos he is a player dat plays his heart out. As 4 Kalu Uche and taiye taiwo, we have perfect replacement 4 them. Nice work keshi
You are very good thinker,Rabiu has been sidelined 4 very long time,Haruna has been de only player from that squad favored by de NFF.
Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 26, 2012
dunno y dis osaze issue is generating so much controversy. Dis dude is known to b a disruptive element, and keshi was damn right to kick his a.rse out. Some pple say keshi and d NFF is witch-hunting d guy because he's d only one dt is bold enof to speak d truth. Wich yeye truth??osaze dey play for westbrom, and e dey proud. If e cme dey play for man utd or chelsea nko?? We no go hear word again b dat oo!! Hw can a sensible coach invite a player who questions d leadership of a team??as mediocre as west brom is, Can he even try such rubbish der?? I salute keshi for making dis decision
Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by Chanchit: 10:41am On Dec 26, 2012
Compliance: Keshi appears to be intelligent. but sincerely, he is a mediocre.

Are you alright..? How can a mediocre be intelligent..? Na u gangan be mediocre.
Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by Chanchit: 10:47am On Dec 26, 2012
ubcandid: docile, please check ur dictionary before u use vocabularies, and if u are sure of the word u used please go and watch ik uches games for the super goals and his goals operandi and haul.

Dnt mind the guy jor, Kalu that scored our only 2goals in the World cup, me I dnt have much to say now, but if this house Keshi is building no go fine, then I will surely be in the line to crucify him.
Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by hardbody: 10:47am On Dec 26, 2012
Ok. Seen. I am not opinionated on this but a word of advise for Okechukwu, if we don't make it to the quarters, just stay back in SA, just an advise.
Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by Olumikedos(m): 11:17am On Dec 26, 2012
KESHI IS A FUMBLER, WASTE OF RESOURCES AND TO ME IS NOT QUALIFY FOR THE JOB. WHERE IS KALU?
Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by onatisi(m): 11:29am On Dec 26, 2012
you guys are getting it wrong ,the fact that he dropped some players doesnt mean they are out of his future plans ,keshi is trying to build a team for the next world cup,many of those dropped now will make that team and some of those picked now will be dropped.keshi has stated that the players dropped are not needed for NOW.he saaid he invited some players so as to watch them closely.i believe he is a coach thaat knows his onions .
Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by Mustay(m): 12:58pm On Dec 26, 2012
semid4lyfe:

Stephen Keshi: Of course, I am on the same page as my Federation. Alan Pardew knows he cannot stop Shola from going to the Cup of Nations because the competition is recognized by Fifa.

I don’t know what is in his (Pardew’s) head or what he is thinking about.
. . . .

Stephen Keshi
: I don’t know why the English clubs are trying to stop their players from going to the Cup of Nations. Do they feel these black boys don’t have the right to play for their countries? I don’t know.....but any player who is selected to play will play at the Cup of Nations because we reserve the right to do that.

"Black boys"

" In his head" I don't want to believe SK said those.

Whilst he owes us no explanations, I felt he gave us more 'footballing' reasons than needed about the players he invited!

On a lighter note, Osaze, it's not about being black o. After all, you know Martins and T. Taiwo well enough cool
Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by Anvaller: 1:06pm On Dec 26, 2012
Johnnoah1st: Notin we ever satisfy naija people, y are u complaining about exclusion of kalu uche,ozase,martins,taiwo? Were dis players not dere when we lost 1-0 guinea? Or were dey not there when we coundn't even beat rwanda? Or were dey not there wen we draw wit guninea in abuja? and do dis player play in our qualifier matches? U don't expect keshi to ommite d name of players dat struggle 4 qualifier and expect him to name dose players dat are 2 big to play qualifiers, or if it was u we u be happy if u av been working 4 sometin since and it comes to where u wanna enjoy it and u were ommited? And dis guys are our future stars or can we still rely on ozase as a striker 4 2014 world cup? D anwser is NO. And if keshi omitte dos strikers who work 4 qualifier next time if dey were called dey won't play wit dere heart again cus dey we believe dat even if dey qualify dey may not pick dem. And u were just underating our squard we have a very gud squard dat can beat any team, our striking force is already complete, wit musa and moses on wing and wit ik uche/ideye/emunike i don't think dere is any team we can't beat. Our defence is only d problem. And am sensing dat Nigeria we suprise every body in dis afcon.

zuchyblink: these are the players that qualified nigeria,defeated liberia by 6 goals to one,and venezuela 3 goals to 1 which i know we have not done for a very long time.
Names don't play soccer,the home base lads have and the new crop of players have made a gr8 difference in the team;they are strong and physical which is suitable for african soccer.

dademola: dunno y dis osaze issue is generating so much controversy. Dis dude is known to b a disruptive element, and keshi was damn right to kick his a.rse out. Some pple say keshi and d NFF is witch-hunting d guy because he's d only one dt is bold enof to speak d truth. Wich yeye truth??osaze dey play for westbrom, and e dey proud. If e cme dey play for man utd or chelsea nko?? We no go hear word again b dat oo!! Hw can a sensible coach invite a player who questions d leadership of a team??as mediocre as west brom is, Can he even try such rubbish der?? I salute keshi for making dis decision

Abeg guys make una help me tell them oo. I don't know the problem with ppl. How would u think u know the players better than the coach that interacts with all of them one on one? How would a coach invite a player who didnt care about the qualifiers that actually worked hard for it? Would we have qualified if most players failed to turn up? How many of the zambians team defending champion are playing in the big clubs? Were they popular stars? did they not win the last AFCON?

A very serious and determined team of average players is better than a team of undetermined and half serious superstars. That is what we saw from the Zambians beating the star studded cote d'ivoire so ppl need to take a chill pill.
Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by kakaG: 5:09pm On Dec 26, 2012
oduneja: A popular palm wine tapper..
Haba! Don't you guys know him? He is a famous truck pusher in Aba na. Seriously, the guy is a joke
Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 26, 2012
Martini101:

I think Osazes exclusion was Keshis best decision,Osaze is a very good player no doubt but i think he,ll do more harm to the team,This guy is disruptive and could negatively affect other players,he could single handedly ruin Keshis efforts.Zambia lost all but Kalusha.Those were their finest set of players but they still managed to meet Nigeria at tunisia 94.Mikel was second best Player at Netherland 2005 under 20.At beinjin olympics,he was not invited by siasia,Nigeria still managed to pick silver after narrow loss to Messis Argies in the final.Whats all these fuss about osaze.If Nigeria cant find a replacement for him then we are not supposed to be in South Africa.He is a good player but not indispensable.what if he gets there and wants to play every match,if hes subbed,he,ll still complain,if he doesnt start a match,it becomes a problem,he feels embarrassed when he doesnt start matches,Any manager worth his onion wldnt tolerate such..
He criticised Amodu,He praised Largerback and made that silly statement..oyibo na oyibo when amodu was replaced.it wasnt long after,he lashed out at largerbac..He praised siasia and later turned against him..what is wrong with him..if he could take to tweeter about his non invitation,imagine what he,ll be like in the dressing room when he has issues with the team selection or tactics..he needs to calm down.

Kalu uche who was our highest goal scorer in South Africa wasnt invited,he is doing well in turkey and infact he is among the highest goal scorers in their top league.he and his bro Ike are cool about it all,heaven hasnt fallen,why must it be Osaze all the time

I would want Osaze to be in Man United,not cos i think he is very good but cos he needs the hair dryer treatment from Mr Ferguson himself.Osaze needs a no nonsense coach.

He needs to calm down cos oneday,it,ll definitely be his turn to either manage affairs at NFF or manage the Super Eagles,and then we,ll remember this day and remind him.He is a good player but it takes more than that to win trophies and excel in football.eg he cld,ve qualified us for the last nations cup against Guinea in Nigeria but He seriously misfired in that match.Osaze isnt the messiah and he needs to realise that.Nairalanders needs to realise that as well and pray for the success of Keshi and his team.I believe those boys in camp are hungry enough to triumph,if they fail God forbid,it wldnt be because of the absence of someone like Osaze Odewingie.
Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by Princeemzzy(m): 6:37pm On Dec 26, 2012
Keshi is a learner and wants 2 prove 2 be a hard guy bt i think with luck or mistake he gonna get dat nations cup
Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by PrinceAD1: 9:14pm On Dec 26, 2012
Emenike is not too good for God sake. Aa dey suprise oooh. Even John Utaka, Peter Utaka and Martins will perorm better than Ameobi who just scored against QPR rescently. What is Ameobi doing in the team or Emenike? My people where is Joel Obi, Our best Nigerian player, Osaze. Keshi shld be checked. He will be sacked and disgrace. The way he disgrace Osaza and label him a bad image. God will also disgrace him and put him to shame in AFCON 2013.
Re: Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike by sambos994(m): 3:52am On Dec 27, 2012
^ You know Joel Obi is injured, right?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Ghana - History Favours The Eagles / Picture:flashback On How Sam Okwaraji Died On This Date In 1989 / Betting Option

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.