Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,294 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:49 AM

Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians (16669 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) / Bankole Solomon Apologises To Adeboye Over Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by mployer(m): 2:46pm On Dec 27, 2012
honeric01: A former pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Bankole Solomon, has criticized the General Overseer of the church, Pastor E A Adeboye, for allowing politicians into their annual RCCG Holy Ghost congress.

This is Bankole Solomon's full statement:

"I know this post will attract a sharp condemnation because I worship in RCCG and I was once a pastor before I resigned voluntarily because of rights violations in the name of religion. I resigned in December 2010 but I am still worshiping there as an ordinary member. So, whatever I have here is without prejudice.

"Holy ghost congress of our great church is now a political congress where all shades of corrupt leaders will mount our altar to fool Nigerians on what they will do.

"Holy Ghost congress is now a supermarket where all kinds of people like charlatans and political opportunist come shopping turning God to father Christmas to give them end of the year bonus.
"Jonathan was even there turning our once sacred altar to political podium talking deceitfully and indirectly campaigning for 2015. My question is this? On what ground was president Jonathan allowed to speak to people. Is he a pastor? Because the gathering is purely a spiritual gathering and event.

"I've been a pastor in Redeemed for the past 10 years and I've not got any opportunity to sit on that altar not to talk of holding mic. If because Jonathan is a President and he is recognized, it means some are more equal than others.

"Immediately I left camp on Saturday morning, I looked at the camp very well because I know that would be the last time I will set my foot to that Eagle Square called Redeemed camp."

WHAT DO YOU THINK? DO YOU AGREE WITH BANKOLE?

source: 99.3 Nigeria info.
old story
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by MuzeyaMpongwe(f): 2:47pm On Dec 27, 2012
Ha ha ha he has nev steped foot at alter! Mr former pastor whr dd u wnt an important person 2 sit? God bless my papa E.A.Adeboye

1 Like

Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by honeric01(m): 2:48pm On Dec 27, 2012
James 2 vs 3 and 5:

If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, “Here’s a good seat for you,” but say to the poor man, “You stand there” or “Sit on the floor by my feet,” 4 have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?

Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?

2 Likes

Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by Infoman51: 2:49pm On Dec 27, 2012
It seems redeemed camp now turns to eagle square
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:51pm On Dec 27, 2012
Pastor Adeboye and RCCG in general has benefitted so much from the government.
E.G Tax Waiver on all equiptment imported for the contruction of the largest auditorioum in the world.

It would be a betrayer on the part of Adeboye not to alloww them politicians to campaign on the alter.

Having said that.......

It is a known facts or truth that Our elite Pastors are part and percel of Nigeria problem.

Moreover I see no different between Pastors and Politicians.

3 Likes

Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by basty: 2:57pm On Dec 27, 2012
Touch not my annointed and do my PROPHET no harm.
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by CHAIRMAN1(m): 2:59pm On Dec 27, 2012
Aetheist, Christian hating, acn supporting, youruba bigotted Seun!!!

Stop being anti christian, I've seen this topic on the front page more than twice!

God help you
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by bigv(m): 3:24pm On Dec 27, 2012
If u ask me, na who I go ask?
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 27, 2012
In my opinion, he should have corrected/advised him privately instead
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by ghettodreamz(m): 3:33pm On Dec 27, 2012
@OP

No idea! grin grin grin

Until 2015, we'll SEE.
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by stephenponti(m): 3:40pm On Dec 27, 2012
k2039: [color=soyouquotedme]@Mod. This news made front page some few days ago and it's been sorted out [/color]
www.nairaland.com/1140769/holy-ghost-congress-political-congress

Just ignore it go soak your Ga®®i, all is to drive traffic to Nairaland
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by gudugudumeje: 3:42pm On Dec 27, 2012
Wat a gud comment coming from a member...! I am a member in Ibadan who forbid spiritual deceits RCCG has turned out to be in the last 15years. Let us wait and see God pay all for the insults heaped on the faiths of our Fathers[b][b][/b]
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by Dee60: 3:45pm On Dec 27, 2012
The Bible, which is like the Constitution of Christians has said that leaders are ordained of God. There should therefore be no problem if GEJ is given due recognition if he comes to the Camp. It is also in the light of that injunction that we give honour to whom honour is due!

Whether we like GEJ or not, he is the elected President of 170 million human beings. The people in Redeemed are not gullible. GEJ going there does not make anyone vote for him in 2015. Nigerians are wiser!

The criticism of the man of God seems unfounded. Any church he goes to will accord him that same respect. If Mr Bankole has a church as big as RCCG, would he not do the same?
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by JamesLucia: 3:48pm On Dec 27, 2012
why repeat this thread?
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by 5much(m): 3:54pm On Dec 27, 2012
when will all this hatred amongs men of God stop?
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 27, 2012
Adeboye and co are political pastors.
miteolu: This guy is looking for popularity of which he curses are showering on his head.
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by honeric01(m): 3:59pm On Dec 27, 2012
Dee60: The Bible, which is like the Constitution of Christians has said that leaders are ordained of God. There should therefore be no problem if GEJ is given due recognition if he comes to the Camp. It is also in the light of that injunction that we give honour to whom honour is due!

Whether we like GEJ or not, he is the elected President of 170 million human beings. The people in Redeemed are not gullible. GEJ going there does not make anyone vote for him in 2015. Nigerians are wiser!

The criticism of the man of God seems unfounded. Any church he goes to will accord him that same respect. If Mr Bankole has a church as big as RCCG, would he not do the same?

James 2 vs 3 and 5:

If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, “Here’s a good seat for you,” but say to the poor man, “You stand there” or “Sit on the floor by my feet,” 4 have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?

Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?

1 Like

Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by xcabinet: 4:14pm On Dec 27, 2012
To me GEJ's presence at the camp provided a good oportunity for the church to telL him some truth on God's view on coruption, injutice,the level of suffering and hardship in the land and also be told to go and govern in the manner that God will be pleased with him which will automatically give him favour with God and men. Sorry I wasn't there but was such done
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 27, 2012
So we can't question "the man of God"? The man of God who allowed a corrupt president like Jonathan to come and talk politics, it is either pastor adeboye doesnt know that he is stealing the country dry or he is looking the other way cause of the donation. How can a government allowed one religion to block the road to the commercial centre of a whole nation in the name of holy ghost convention? I think it is BS. I like pastor Adeboye for his simple life and his teaching but others are crap i.e oyedepo the child abuser.
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by 80million1: 4:33pm On Dec 27, 2012
*speechless*
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by blaqoracle: 4:45pm On Dec 27, 2012
asudan: why adeboye,what of politicians that visit TB Joshua,ayo orisejafor n others, y didn't you condemn dem.what is so special about adeboye?that warrant insult fro his fellow colleague cos no smoke without fire.
dont worry yourself, when i become the president of this great country, i will hasten the journey of all there prophet of baal to hell by liquifying their body with concentrated acid.
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by 1025: 4:53pm On Dec 27, 2012
Dee60: The Bible, which is like the Constitution of Christians has said that leaders are ordained of God. There should therefore be no problem if GEJ is given due recognition if he comes to the Camp. It is also in the light of that injunction that we give honour to whom honour is due!

uncle, some leaders are ordained by God not all. some of those ordained by God even go out of the track for selfish reasons. some leaders are ordained by obasanjo also. a leader going to the redeem camp is not the problem because they have been doing that but the problem is, how has their presence there change the situation in the country? what are they told when they visit? do u still remember what Jesus did when he met ppl buying and selling money in the temple in jerusalem?
for me, Pastor Adeboye is a gentleman and advanced in age and deserves all the respects he gets and believe me, many of redeem members so much believe in him so telling these cultists the truth the need to know is what we all expect from him. believe me, the day he begin to tell these evil men what they ought to hear, they will stop coming to his church because they so much hate the truth.those who steal our public funds, rig elections and do all manners of evil things are not worthy to stand on the alters of the most high.
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 27, 2012
In Jesus' time, pharisees didn't see why he should associate with sinners. They are coming to church, we are complaining, if they go to the shrine we will complain except the ones going to the mosque that are free, I think something is really wrong with our thinking.

1 Like

Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 27, 2012
*religion na politics, some people like GEJ know all da tricks*
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 27, 2012
k2039: [color=soyouquotedme]@Mod. This news made front page some few days ago and it's been sorted out [/color]
www.nairaland.com/1140769/holy-ghost-congress-political-congress

i wonder
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by bodsibobo(m): 5:31pm On Dec 27, 2012
I stopped going to camp long time ago for the same reason. I could not believe how Adeboye could host people like Ibori or Gbenga Daniel and even shake and take pictures with them. I do not need to be a GO to know those guys were thieving bastards!

I still go to church and the day I see same in the new church, I take my leave!

Period.
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by mayoroflag(m): 6:01pm On Dec 27, 2012
bodsibobo: I stopped going to camp long time ago for the same reason. I could not believe how Adeboye could host people like Ibori or Gbenga Daniel and even shake and take pictures with them. I do not need to be a GO to know those guys were thieving bastards!

I still go to church and the day I see same in the new church, I take my leave!

Period.

Oga, read the Bible well. Jesus fraternized with prostitutes and drunkards IN ADDITION. Stop all this your ignorance and bigotry and read your bible joor...
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by PastorKun(m): 6:05pm On Dec 27, 2012
Image123: jealousy

Ode buruku angry
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by himclfgud(m): 6:17pm On Dec 27, 2012
Bankole !!! E mee lo ni mo pe e? tot u said you were a pastor with RCCG, its not the first time G.O has given a Nigeria president the opportunity to speak, if u were in daddy G.O;s shoes as GEJ was talking about 2015, U GO COLLECT MIC BA? cheesy the man respects his leaders PRESIDENTS, and he only gave honour to whom its due, the bible even told us to respect our leaders ,so oga former pastor...pray hard for Gods forgiveness cos daddy G.O is not a pastor u can talk about any how. sad sad sad
Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by babadey(m): 6:52pm On Dec 27, 2012
I've tried so hard not to comment on such threads like this but I can't help it. Mostly everybody has read the story of the prodigal son. Lemme lay it straight-the Father rep the church,the prodigal son rep the sinners and his elder brother rep the born again. When the prodigal son(sinners) came back the father(church) was very very happy,gave him new cloths,fed him and hugged him and told him you are welcome. The elder brother(born again) got jealoused and asked the father(church),why are you treating him like this,he should be the one receiving all this attentions for staying with you all long. The father(church) then replied,the church is not for already born agains is meant for the lost souls(sinners),your own reward is there already,if its done the opposite where will the sinners go to? And remember there is always a joyous celebration in heaven when a sinner confess his/her sins. Let those politicians who are turning church ground to a free style 'style' for campaign to be judged by God not you cos we aint holy,we all have sinned or still sinning. I rest my hands.

1 Like

Re: Bankole Solomon Criticizes Pastor Adeboye Over Politicians by babadey(m): 7:05pm On Dec 27, 2012
mayoroflag:

Oga, read the Bible well. Jesus fraternized with prostitutes and drunkards IN ADDITION. Stop all this your ignorance and bigotry and read your bible joor...

I feel you joor,most don't read their bibles only sundays alone when pastor ask them to. The bible says,respect everybody in an authority position either him good or bad cos it is I who kept him there. A man who stole 5 naira is the same as a man who stole 50 billion,there is ₪ö small sin or big sin,sin na sin. Anyman who says he has never sinned b4 may all the wrath,curse in the bible fall on him. ₪ö hard feelings Ȍo◦°˚ . FREEDOM OF SPEECH.. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? / Enoch Adeboye Celebrates His 75th Birthday / Issele Asagba: Catholic Priest Kidnapped By Gunmen For The Second Time In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.