Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,984 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Massive Fire On Lagos Island. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massive Fire On Lagos Island. (17364 Views)

Boko Haram: NSA Warns Of Likely Attack On Lagos Ports / Molue Banned From Lagos Island / LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island (2) (3) (4)

Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by naptu2: 9:51am On Dec 26, 2012
There is a massive fire on Lagos Island (Central Lagos). It is believed to have been caused by fireworks. Residents are panicking, fearful that it was a bomb explosion. Details shortly.
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by naptu2: 9:55am On Dec 26, 2012
From the BBC's Tomi Oladipo

http://inagist.com/all/283854139904106496/
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by infofirst(m): 9:56am On Dec 26, 2012
Banger store exploded at idumagbo lagos island

Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by infofirst(m): 10:00am On Dec 26, 2012
Hmm

Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by naptu2: 10:04am On Dec 26, 2012
Similar thing happened in the late '80s. It was because of incidents like this that the Buhari administration banned the indiscriminate and unauthorised use of fireworks.

Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by GARRIx7(m): 10:11am On Dec 26, 2012
As long as it aint BOKO-BOIZ, its ok. Hope no life was lost....

*Continues-Staring-Out-The-Window-In-Anticipation-Of-X-Mas-Rice embarassed*

Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by brixton: 10:15am On Dec 26, 2012
I hope its nt boko pipo
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by geeez: 10:15am On Dec 26, 2012
Seems like a rapidly raging fire. Hope the fire service will be there on time
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 26, 2012
Lagos island is very notorious for using fireworks indiscriminately.i remember going for shopping some years back during xmas and some miscreants started throwing fireworks right in the middle of the crowd.come see how people start to dey run up and down! Too bad that the storage of these fireworks could cause explosion and fire outbreak.
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by aljharem(m): 10:28am On Dec 26, 2012
berem: [b]Lagos island is very notorious for using fireworks indiscriminately.i remember going for shopping some years back during xmas and some miscreants started throwing fireworks right in the middle of the crowd.[/b]come see how people start to dey run up and down! Too bad that the storage of these fireworks could cause explosion and fire outbreak.

Very true, still happened 2 days ago when some iddeiot threw knockouts at pedestrians. There is need for Lagos state police division to arrest some of these people angry
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by geeez: 10:28am On Dec 26, 2012
Whoever owns the fireworks merchandise that exploded will be in serious trouble
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by Arcard(m): 10:32am On Dec 26, 2012
Eiya, fire service shld cme fast nah
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by naptu2: 10:33am On Dec 26, 2012
[size=14pt]Nigeria: Blaze 'after fireworks blast' in Lagos warehouse[/size]

26 December 2012 Last updated at 09:28

An explosion in a warehouse has sparked a major fire in Lagos, Nigeria's largest city and commercial capital.

Witnesses said fireworks were stored in the warehouse on Lagos Island, and the blaze quickly spread to other buildings.

The blast reportedly shook windows of homes several miles away and a thick cloud of smoke could be seen rising over the island.

It was not immediately clear if there were any casualties.

Local residents were reportedly commandeering fire hoses to try to help firefighters put out the flames.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-20843555

Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by infofirst(m): 10:37am On Dec 26, 2012
Free Knock out for grab now on the Island

Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by alaoeri: 10:41am On Dec 26, 2012
Properties worth millions have been destroy so sad embarassed
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 26, 2012
mtewwww, una sure say na fireworks...matchstick fit cause am, c'mon this is harmattan
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by DANILSA(m): 10:42am On Dec 26, 2012
HOPE NO LIFE WAS LOST embarassed NA SOMEBODY MONEY DE BURN SOO, CHAI JEHOVAH cry cry cry SOMEBODY SWEAT

Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 26, 2012
geeez: Seems like a rapidly raging fire. Hope the fire service will be there on time

My thoughts Exactly.
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by Heatblast(m): 10:43am On Dec 26, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked... This is serious o sad
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by Bolt2011(m): 10:44am On Dec 26, 2012
God have mercy!!!
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by seedord247(m): 10:44am On Dec 26, 2012
Fashola enemy at work... shocked
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by lillyveezy: 10:44am On Dec 26, 2012
OMG!alot of peep will be out of biz because of this.
Oh!wat a life?
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by fingard02k(m): 10:44am On Dec 26, 2012
Abeg who help me c my gloove, cause i 1 box
anybodi
wey cross my path 2day.
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by segunsd: 10:44am On Dec 26, 2012
berem: Lagos island is very notorious for using fireworks indiscriminately.i remember going for shopping some years back during xmas and some miscreants started throwing fireworks right in the middle of the crowd.come see how people start to dey run up and down! Too bad that the storage of these fireworks could cause explosion and fire outbreak.

I'm not a fan of the deafening sound of those fireworks. Hope they can be banned in Nigeria.

Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by pekelepekele(m): 10:46am On Dec 26, 2012
What is this ?
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by zainnyronky: 10:48am On Dec 26, 2012
Am sorry...
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by Archmed(m): 10:48am On Dec 26, 2012
pls let d firemen save enough garri as possible oo....cant afford 2face anoda garri crises in 2013!
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by Bodmas06: 10:48am On Dec 26, 2012
I was at marina when i jst heard an heavy sound evrybody was running up and down i thought it was a bomb.too bad.
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by pekelepekele(m): 10:49am On Dec 26, 2012
Archmed: pls let d firemen save enough garri as possible oo....cant afford 2face anoda garri crises in 2013!

This is not the best time for JOKE!!!

Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by segunsd: 10:49am On Dec 26, 2012
funny thing is that the kind of fireworks people trigger in my estate almost sound like dynamites. So loud that its hard to decipher whether its a gunshot or not. We dey complain sey we no get money yet we dey burn Naira in the name of fireworks. It's sad for the businessmen who lost their products. It's even sadder that someone will die or get seriously injured. Fireworks should be stored properly. We don't have authorities who inspect the storage of fireworks in Nigeria and the use of them. We use fireworks dangerously in Nigeria against each other. In my opinion, it should be banned.

Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by dridowu: 10:49am On Dec 26, 2012
So sad, out of house already but feeling d pain @ wok, i hope my house is not affected

Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 26, 2012
I hate this Bomb out, God have mercy, this bomb out should be banned, celebration will just be fine without it.

Kano Governor, Ganduje Raises Alarm Over Almajiris / LASG Donates N55m To Families Of Slain Security Officers / Ayade's Attempt To Change Cross River Logo Meets Funny Reactions