Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,772 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Empty Threats - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Empty Threats (680 Views)

Pakistan's Taliban Spokesman Reacts To Malala's Nobel Prize With Death Threats. / Persecution or Threats against FROSBEL - You decide. / Pope Says Gay Marriage And Abortion Are The Biggest Threats Facing The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Empty Threats by advocate666: 11:01am On Dec 26, 2012
We have been warned, threatened and told in no uncertain terms than unless we do as told, this imaginary being they call god will do all sorts of bad things to us. They say he has a wrath and they he will even torture and burn us forever and ever.
These, my brethren, are EMPTY THREATS. Imaginary gods cannot do anything.
There is no wrath of god coming.
There is no punishment or hell fire.
There is no dead jew sitting and waiting to judge you.
There are no saints hanging around waiting for you to join them.

You have one life and you deserve to enjoy it to the fullest. The only way to have a fulfilling life is if you heed the teachings and apply the knowledge of Satan.
Love but be ruthless. Protect your dearest and destroy your enemies.
Re: Empty Threats by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 26, 2012
Good morning,
Correct me if I am wrong. You believe in Satan (formerly known as Lucifer one of the Angels of God) but you think that God is imaginary?

Hmmm...makes so much sense doesn't it?

1 Like

Re: Empty Threats by advocate666: 11:09am On Dec 26, 2012
striktlymi: Good morning,
Correct me if I am wrong. You believe in Satan (formerly known as Lucifer one of the Angels of God) but you think that God is imaginary?

Hmmm...makes so much sense doesn't it?

I am an atheistic Satanist.

http://paganbirdkeeper666./2010/06/10/atheistic-satanism-what-is-it-by-lilith-d-wood/
Re: Empty Threats by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 26, 2012
advocate666:

http://paganbirdkeeper666./2010/06/10/atheistic-satanism-what-is-it-by-lilith-d-wood/

Mr. Advocate,

This really beats the imagination. I guess what is happening in the 'Atheist community' is exactly what is happening in almost every religion. The development of splinter groups, slight deviations here and there. Disagreements and a lot of other stuff.

Anyways, I believe you are not a true Atheist. I believe you are just like ooman (Atheist wanna be). Because true Atheism is free from 'any form of belief'. They vehemently refuse to believe in the 'idea' of a deity. The 'absence of belief' is at the core of true Atheism. Your religion believes that there is no deity. If you believe something then it implies that you have a claim and if you have a claim then you also have the 'burden of proof'. (Wiegraf hope you don't mind? I borrowed your line. It really comes in handy. Lol). I am certain you or your religion cannot prove the[b][/b] non-existence of at least one deity.

Yea, I did call it a religion deliberately. I know you guys (Atheistic satanists) frown at the 'title' and reject being called a religion. But really Advocate, making yourself believe that what you guys have is a 'philosophy' doesn't stop it from being a religion. Now what exactly is a religion?

A religion is any of the following:

1) Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
2) A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
3) The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
4) A set of beliefs, values and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
5) A cause, principle, or an activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

I know definition (1) to (4) does not apply to you but (5) actually does. You guys have a cause you pursue with zeal and devotion. Stamping out religion is your cause and devotion.

Anyways, I am very sorry for seemingly derailing your thread. I apologize for it.

Just so you know, I do not support anyone who attempts to win converts by threatening them. I abhor threats and anyone who tries that with me is going to get it grin

Thank you and a happy holiday!
Re: Empty Threats by advocate666: 12:12pm On Dec 26, 2012
What is this with christians always trying to define others' beliefs for them? We don't see things through the same view as you see them. It is not black or white for us. Your definitions apply to your own beliefs and those that agree with you, e.g, muslims.
Re: Empty Threats by ifeegee(f): 12:20pm On Dec 26, 2012
advocate666:

Hmmm! "Atheistic satanist" Another confused mind.
Re: Empty Threats by advocate666: 12:23pm On Dec 26, 2012
ifee-gee. Another brainwashed myopic entity.
Re: Empty Threats by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 26, 2012
advocate666: What is this with christians always trying to define others' beliefs for them? We don't see things through the same view as you see them. It is not black or white for us. Your definitions apply to your own beliefs and those that agree with you, e.g, muslims.

Mr. Advocate,
The definitions are actually not Christian doctrines or something from Christian origin. They are generally acceptable irrespective of what we believe or not believe in. Just like defining "run", "jump" etc they are not subject to ones religious affiliations. If someone decides to "run"but chose to define that action as "stop" it does not mean that "to run" means "stop"

Thanks!
Re: Empty Threats by advocate666: 12:29pm On Dec 26, 2012
striktlymi:

Mr. Advocate,
The definitions are actually not Christian doctrines or something from Christian origin. They are generally acceptable irrespective of what we believe or not believe in. Just like defining "run", "jump" etc they are not subject to ones religious affiliations. If someone decides to "run"but chose to define that action as "stop" it does not mean that "to run" means "stop"

Thanks!

That would make sense except that is not what christians are doing. What you people are doing, to use a simple example, is calling all reptiles snakes because you have been told that snakes are reptiles. This is the mistake on your part and what we are telling people is that there are other reptiles that are not snakes and are also very different from each other in all sorts of ways.

Understood or do you need further education?
Re: Empty Threats by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 26, 2012
advocate666:

That would make sense except that is not what christians are doing. What you people are doing, to use a simple example, is calling all reptiles snakes because you have been told that snakes are reptiles. This is the mistake on your part and what we are telling people is that there are other reptiles that are not snakes and are also very different from each other in all sorts of ways.

Understood or do you need further education?

Mr. Advocate,
Don't you think you are guilty of what you accuse 'Christians' of? What you described is a classic case of a fallacy of hasty generalization. Your use of 'Christians' also follow the thought process of one who commits this fallacy. The fact that 'some' Christians you have encountered do that does not imply that every Christian adopts that approach.

If you insist that every Christian does that, then one might be tempted to ask whether you know every Christian and whether you have encountered every one of them. However, I agree that the approach is not appropriate and should not be used by anyone, though I am in no position to stop anyone from doing it.

Thanks!
Re: Empty Threats by cyrexx: 12:53pm On Dec 26, 2012
Both satan and god are nothing more than ideas created by human beings. I personally do not believe a living being called Satan or God exists in any universe. Thats my belief and dont crucify me. I have my reasons for arriving at such conclusion.

Satanism and "Godism" are different aspects of the same thing, i.e. humans inventing ideas to explain reality around them. Atheists dont subscribe to any supernatural deity except out of mockery. Some atheists call themselves "satanists" because satan represents some ideas they admire - enlightenment, critical inquiry, challenging the status quo, rejection of prevalent dogma etc etc.
Even in the bible(which is mostly fictional), Yahweh (God) is more wicked and repressive than Satan.
Re: Empty Threats by advocate666: 1:09pm On Dec 26, 2012
striktlymi:

Mr. Advocate,
Don't you think you are guilty of what you accuse 'Christians' of? What you described is a classic case of a fallacy of hasty generalization. Your use of 'Christians' also follow the thought process of one who commits this fallacy. The fact that 'some' Christians you have encountered do that does not imply that every Christian adopts that approach.

If you insist that every Christian does that, then one might be tempted to ask whether you know every Christian and whether you have encountered every one of them. However, I agree that the approach is not appropriate and should not be used by anyone, though I am in no position to stop anyone from doing it.

Thanks!

I can see that you still wallow in misunderstanding because your acuity is clouded by indoctrinated propaganda.
Re: Empty Threats by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 26, 2012
advocate666:

I can see that you still wallow in misunderstanding because your acuity is clouded by indoctrinated propaganda.

Mr advocate,

Enjoy your thread!

PS: attacking the 'straw man' does nothing to support our claims.

Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

The Biggest Skeptic In The World It Could Have Been Me / What You Need To Know About God. ( Mind Blowing Piece) / President Thomas Jefferson's Letter To James Smith 1822 On Unitarianism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.