Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget (165348 Views)

9 Epic Nigerian Movies We Can't Forget In A Hurry. / Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 / 20 Nollywood Stars That’ll Rock 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by greatgod2012(f): 5:32pm On Dec 26, 2012
What about;
1.Ti Oluwa ni ile.
2. Thunderbolt........by mainframe.
3. Madam Dearest....featuring Yemi Solade et al.
4. Things fall apart....featuring Pete Edochie et,al
5. Dangerous Twins....featuring Ramsey Noah et,al

5 Likes

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 26, 2012
Okiki_Oluwa: @ijebabe, I ll add to the lists.

21. Day Break 1 & 2_ Starring Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, Olu Jacobs, Emeka Ike.

22. Out Of Bound_ Starring Richard Mofe Damijo, Ayo Adesanya, Bimbo Akintola.

23. Kosegbe_A Yoruba home video starring Kola Oyewo, Jide Kosoko.

24. Saworoide_ A Yoruba home video starring Kunle Bamtefa, Kunle Afolayan, Adebayo Faleti etc. Them plenty but just to mention a few.
remove your Stu pid list from there. You people must always descend into tribalism.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by mimifonwon(f): 5:33pm On Dec 26, 2012
I think the movie that makes me cry the most and that i cherish has got to be conspiracy starring onyeka onwenu.. Dang that movie man...chai..also starring osuofia, larry kolsweat
the other has got to be deeper than face- starring junior pope.. Armadillo starring clem ohameze
Also Evil passion- man that movie, and black angel....- these were when naija movies were of quality and had good story.

"You and i will live as one, our love will last forever, you and i... oooh, you and i, you and i will live as one."
This movie made me fall inlove with the east, even wanted to marry an igbo guy so he would sing this song for me in igbo... lol childhood memories...

ebizina na chukwu nnoso, ezigbo nne'm ebezina na chukwu nnoso

4 Likes

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Martmore: 5:34pm On Dec 26, 2012
My own na akidi, igodo for sure,one film like dat wey saint obi na fada,
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by sconsults: 5:36pm On Dec 26, 2012
ijebabe: I said Nollywood oo! grin

Just remembering these top movies as we 'celebrate' (abeg let's just give honour when due grin ) 20 years anniversary of Nollywood.

These films are in no particular order and some are missing details like the year and some cast members. So please help me fill that in smiley

1. Domitila (1996) produced by Zeb Ejiro, starring Anne Njemanze.

2. Glamour Girls (1994) produced by Kenneth Nnebue featuring Liz Benson, Eucharia Anunobi and Dolly Unachukwu.

3. Living In Bondage (1992) produced by Ken nnebue and directed by Chris Obi Rapu. Starring Kenneth okonkwo, Rita Nzelu, Kanayo Kanayo and Francis Agu.

4. Score to Settle (1998) Produced by Sunny Collins and directed by Chico Ejiro. Along with other stars, Rich Azu, Liz Benson, Teco Benson, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde and Patrick Doyle featured in this film.

5. Hostages (1996) by Tade Ogidan. Actors included Tope Idowu, Ofuafo Otomewo, Richard Mofe Damijo, Bimbo Manuel, Lanre Balogun, Tunji Sotimirin and Zainab Buky Ajayi.

6. Nneka The Pretty Serpent Directed by Zeb Ejiro and produced by Okechukwu Ogunjiofor. Ngozi Ezeonu, Rita Nzelu and others.

7. Most Wanted (1996) Produced by Dozie Eriobu and directed by Tunji Bamishigbin. Featuring Regina Askia, Ibinabo Fiberisima and Ayo Adesanya along with Liz Benson, Antar Laniyan and Genevieve Nnaji.

8. Diamond Ring (1998) by Tade Ogidan, featuring Shola Shobowale, Richard Mofe Damijo, Zainab Buki Ajayi and Teju Babyface.

9. Owo Blow (1995) directed by Tade Ogidan featuring Adewale Elesho, Femi Adebayo, Racheal Oniga, Bimbo Akintola, Taiwo Hassan

10. Sakobi produced by Zeb Ejiro starring Saint Obi, Susan Patrick, Tony Umez.

11. Oleku The movie is an adaptation of Akinwunmi Ishola’s book, Oleku. Staring Yemi Sodimu

12. Issakaba featuring Sam Dede

13. Violated directed by Amaka Igwe and stars acts like Richard Mofe Damijo.

14. Sharon Stone in Abuja (2003) Genevieve Nnaji with late Enebeli Elebuwa under directives from Adim Williams.

15. Osuofia in London (2003) written and directed by Kingsley Ogoro and stars other acts including Nkem Owoh, Francis Odega and Cynthia Okereke.

16. Evil Men staring Pete Edochie

17. Aki na Ukwa (2003) directed by Amayo Uzo Phillips starring Osita Iheme, Chinedu Ikedieze, Amaechi Muonagor and Oby Kechere.

18. After School Hours (1999)

19. Blood Money (1997) Chico Ejiro movie that starred the likes of Zack Orji, Kanayo O. Kanayo, Francis Agu and Sam Dede.

20. Igodo was directed by Andy Amenechi, starring Pete Edochie among others.

I know other good movies are not on this list but I had to choose. What do you think should be on the list?

[size=18pt]nobody know the highlighted yoruba movies[/size]

2 Likes

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by redcliff: 5:36pm On Dec 26, 2012
[size=15pt]The movies of this present generation is trash. If you look closely you would find out that the Nigerians stopped producing movies with contents from 2002 thru to now. Then movie previews were really thrilling to watch and watching the movie itself was never disappointing. Since they started bearing that rubbish Nollywood they call themselves, it has always been from one mediocre job to another all in the name of making quick money. Even as a Kid then i can attest that those times were the best of Nigerian movies.
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 26, 2012
greatgod2012: What about;
1.Ti Oluwa ni ile. Baba Wande and co smiley
2. Thunderbolt........by mainframe.
3. Madam Dearest....featuring Yemi Solade et al.
4. Things fall apart....featuring Pete Edochie et,al
5. Dangerous Twins....featuring Ramsey Noah et,al
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by bigx(m): 5:37pm On Dec 26, 2012
All roughly 10 years n older movies.
Says a lot about the current nollywood.
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by ABsI1: 5:37pm On Dec 26, 2012
Rituals,hostages,living in bondage,oba nkan,okun ola,christian mothers,abeni,efunsetan,landi lordi,bashorun gaa,the stubborn grasshopper are some of the very best
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by gramci: 5:37pm On Dec 26, 2012
Rattle snake

3 Likes

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 26, 2012
Pls how can I get some of these old nollywood movies, I need dem in ma collections
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by StateOfMind: 5:42pm On Dec 26, 2012
I've watched all the movies mentioned so far, how time flies

I enjoyed hostages, formidable force and state of emergency. Saint obi was the jack bauer then.

I also enjoyed

Identity featuring eucharia and zach orji

Karashika

Imule ife (hahaha)

Highway to the grave featuring regina askia and jide kosoko

Full moon

And lots more..

1 Like

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by hustleranthem(m): 5:42pm On Dec 26, 2012
Men,IGODO is the best traditional movie i have ever seen.it is an Epic movie!!

3 Likes

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by redcliff: 5:42pm On Dec 26, 2012
sconsults:

[size=18pt]nobody know the highlighted yoruba movies[/size]

I know Sakobi o. IT was the shit then...CHei..I miss the NIgerian movies we used to know. cry .Susan Patrick Killed it.

gramci: Rattle snake

Kai, Ahanna Murdered that movie..MEn i wish we improved on all these rather than mediocre we are getting now.
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by sushieater: 5:42pm On Dec 26, 2012
Adaeze part 1 - 4
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by redcliff: 5:44pm On Dec 26, 2012
hustler anthem: Men,IGODO is the best traditional movie i have ever seen.it is an Epic movie!!

FaWK ther shi.t Igodo i think was sam dede or so. Then Izaga was Liz benson. Men those two movies were Epic of all times

2 Likes

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by yuzedo: 5:45pm On Dec 26, 2012
Wait, nobody mentioned Rattle-Snake??

**Deletes NL account** angry

1 Like

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by ebucha: 5:47pm On Dec 26, 2012
Rampage
Black Angel
Pampampam
Chai Nollywood those day. God help us

1 Like

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Dospix(m): 5:49pm On Dec 26, 2012
how about "izaga
"

1 Like

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by lorebobo(f): 5:51pm On Dec 26, 2012
Evil genius featuring bob manuel and francis duru

Mama sunday featuring francis duru

3 Likes

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by scorpiogal(f): 5:52pm On Dec 26, 2012
ONOME nko?

3 Likes

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Popowaa: 5:53pm On Dec 26, 2012
*Sleeping with the enemy starring saint obi n kate henshaw *gurdian angel *cassandra *blood sisters *tongues of fire
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Okijajuju1(m): 5:55pm On Dec 26, 2012
Rattle snake

Taboo

Ikuku

Died wretched

Ultimate power (ishawuru)

Onome

Pam pam

4 Likes

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by slimyem: 5:56pm On Dec 26, 2012
Op,how can you forget
..Died wretched..
...the Gardener...
...Saworoide...
...Ti Oluwa Ni ile..

1 Like

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by lukaino(m): 5:57pm On Dec 26, 2012
Anyone remembers TEARS FOR LOVE, ONOME, FLESH AND BLOOD & UKWA?

3 Likes

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Iaz93: 6:00pm On Dec 26, 2012
Highway to the Grave...
Married to a witch...
Wasted Years...
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Iaz93: 6:01pm On Dec 26, 2012
Okija_juju: Rattle snake

Taboo

Ikuku

Died wretched

Ultimate power (ishawuru)

Onome

Pam pam

Ultimate Power on pt.. That film na horror
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by expensive007(m): 6:08pm On Dec 26, 2012
What about MORTAL COMBACT? Directed & produced by ****! grin grin grin
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 26, 2012
The Oath- Liz Benson and Sola Fosudo. A Very lovely film.
Sakobi the Snake Girl-
August Meeting
Oganigwe (not sure of the spelling)
Issakaba
Nollywood made some sense back then.

1 Like

Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by nollywood20: 6:18pm On Dec 26, 2012
ijebabe: I said Nollywood oo! grin

Just remembering these top movies as we 'celebrate' (abeg let's just give honour when due grin ) 20 years anniversary of Nollywood.

These films are in no particular order and some are missing details like the year and some cast members. So please help me fill that in smiley

1. Domitila (1996) produced by Zeb Ejiro, starring Anne Njemanze.

2. Glamour Girls (1994) produced by Kenneth Nnebue featuring Liz Benson, Eucharia Anunobi and Dolly Unachukwu.

3. Living In Bondage (1992) produced by Ken nnebue and directed by Chris Obi Rapu. Starring Kenneth okonkwo, Rita Nzelu, Kanayo Kanayo and Francis Agu.

4. Score to Settle (1998) Produced by Sunny Collins and directed by Chico Ejiro. Along with other stars, Rich Azu, Liz Benson, Teco Benson, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde and Patrick Doyle featured in this film.

5. Hostages (1996) by Tade Ogidan. Actors included Tope Idowu, Ofuafo Otomewo, Richard Mofe Damijo, Bimbo Manuel, Lanre Balogun, Tunji Sotimirin and Zainab Buky Ajayi.

6. Nneka The Pretty Serpent Directed by Zeb Ejiro and produced by Okechukwu Ogunjiofor. Ngozi Ezeonu, Rita Nzelu and others.

7. Most Wanted (1996) Produced by Dozie Eriobu and directed by Tunji Bamishigbin. Featuring Regina Askia, Ibinabo Fiberisima and Ayo Adesanya along with Liz Benson, Antar Laniyan and Genevieve Nnaji.

8. Diamond Ring (1998) by Tade Ogidan, featuring Shola Shobowale, Richard Mofe Damijo, Zainab Buki Ajayi and Teju Babyface.

9. Owo Blow (1995) directed by Tade Ogidan featuring Adewale Elesho, Femi Adebayo, Racheal Oniga, Bimbo Akintola, Taiwo Hassan

10. Sakobi produced by Zeb Ejiro starring Saint Obi, Susan Patrick, Tony Umez.

11. Oleku The movie is an adaptation of Akinwunmi Ishola’s book, Oleku. Staring Yemi Sodimu

12. Issakaba featuring Sam Dede

13. Violated directed by Amaka Igwe and stars acts like Richard Mofe Damijo.

14. Sharon Stone in Abuja (2003) Genevieve Nnaji with late Enebeli Elebuwa under directives from Adim Williams.

15. Osuofia in London (2003) written and directed by Kingsley Ogoro and stars other acts including Nkem Owoh, Francis Odega and Cynthia Okereke.

16. Evil Men staring Pete Edochie

17. Aki na Ukwa (2003) directed by Amayo Uzo Phillips starring Osita Iheme, Chinedu Ikedieze, Amaechi Muonagor and Oby Kechere.

18. After School Hours (1999)

19. Blood Money (1997) Chico Ejiro movie that starred the likes of Zack Orji, Kanayo O. Kanayo, Francis Agu and Sam Dede.

20. Igodo was directed by Andy Amenechi, starring Pete Edochie among others.

I know other good movies are not on this list but I had to choose. What do you think should be on the list?
. You forgot Rattle Snake and Champions of Our Time.
Re: 20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget by hollypagan: 6:19pm On Dec 26, 2012
Rattle snake,i think its one of the best

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? / One Piece (anime/manga) / Breaking News: See What ‘killed’ Ramsey Noah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.