Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu (9424 Views)

Yakubu Gowon Confirms Paternity Of Musa, USA-returnee Son Musa / Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] / Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by geekinthelead: 12:11am On Dec 27, 2012
By Cyril Ozor

ENUGU – Gunmen Wednesday shot dead a US returnee, one Ogbo Edoga, in his home town at Aku, Igbo-Etiti Local Government Area of Enugu State.

Report said the economist was trailed to the house of one of his kinsmen, from where the two assailants, accosted him and shot him at point blank. He reportedly died before reaching the hospital.

Family sources said the deceased returned to Nigeria to attend a meeting of Nsukka professionals based in United States,geared towards raising funds for the construction of an ultra-modern medical diagnosis centre to be built at Ede Oballa community in the area.

Eye witnesses said the killers had asked the deceased ‘where is the money? But the soft spoken Financial economist reportedly knelt down, begging his assailants to spare his life, only for one of them, said to have been armed with an AK 47 rifle, to release several shots around his waist after forcefully snatching his waist band.

The assassins were said to have escaped in a car belonging to a retired senior officer of State Security Service SSS who was passing by.

The incident, threw Aku community into pandemonium , disrupting programmes lined-up for the day, which included a reception for an indigenous priest and the dedication of a structure built by the deceased’s twin sister’s husband.

Following this development, security has heightened in the area ,as a combined team of Military men and policemen have mounted surveillance and patrol all over the area in search of the killers.

Meanwhile, the Assistant Commissioner of Police in-charge of Nsukka zone, Ros Hamson Aladu, who confirmed the incident, described it as assassination . He therefore, urged all returnees in the area to quickly apply for police protection.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201212270247.html
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by Nobody: 12:14am On Dec 27, 2012
What a sad loss. Someone close to him might be involved in his murder.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by Nobody: 1:04am On Dec 27, 2012
Ehen!!!! he came to help his people ooo!!!

Make una come see why Naija isn't going forward oo..

It's people like Okonjo Iweala that will return with their kuli kuli economics.

Real Nigerians who want to help their people are being killed oo!!

12 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by Jubenz: 1:11am On Dec 27, 2012
I cringe in total dismay.
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by lacasa: 1:25am On Dec 27, 2012
The east is ηo place to reside esp for the well to do angry

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by emmatok(m): 1:32am On Dec 27, 2012
geekinthelead: By Cyril Ozor

ENUGU – Gunmen Wednesday shot dead a US returnee, one Ogbo Edoga, in his home town at Aku, Igbo-Etiti Local Government Area of Enugu State.

Report said the economist was trailed to the house of one of his kinsmen, from where the two assailants, accosted him and shot him at point blank. He reportedly died before reaching the hospital.

Family sources said the deceased returned to Nigeria to attend a meeting of Nsukka professionals based in United States,geared towards raising funds for the construction of an ultra-modern medical diagnosis centre to be built at Ede Oballa community in the area.

Eye witnesses said the killers had asked the deceased ‘where is the money? But the soft spoken Financial economist reportedly knelt down, begging his assailants to spare his life, only for one of them, said to have been armed with an AK 47 rifle, to release several shots around his waist after forcefully snatching his waist band.

The assassins were said to have escaped in a car belonging to a retired senior officer of State Security Service SSS who was passing by.

The incident, threw Aku community into pandemonium , disrupting programmes lined-up for the day, which included a reception for an indigenous priest and the dedication of a structure built by the deceased’s twin sister’s husband.

Following this development, security has heightened in the area ,as a combined team of Military men and policemen have mounted surveillance and patrol all over the area in search of the killers.

Meanwhile, the Assistant Commissioner of Police in-charge of Nsukka zone, Ros Hamson Aladu, who confirmed the incident, described it as assassination . He therefore, urged all returnees in the area to quickly apply for police protection.

Apply for Police protection ha ha.

5 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by Noblechyk: 2:38am On Dec 27, 2012
0lumide: Ehen!!!! he came to help his people ooo!!!

Make una come see why Naija isn't going forward oo..

It's people like Okonjo Iweala that will return with their kuli kuli economics.

Real Nigerians who want to help their people are being killed oo!!
Wat are u just saying?
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by Nobody: 5:15am On Dec 27, 2012
How sad. RIP Guy.
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 27, 2012
oga ooo, It's now the wild wild east!
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by heed101(m): 7:52am On Dec 27, 2012
The evils men make marvel devil himself especially in the Lost kingdom called East
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by gbanikiti(m): 8:47am On Dec 27, 2012
too bad!
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by abdulkayus(m): 9:10am On Dec 27, 2012
Hmmmmm, oga oooo, no wonder some weel to do easterners refuse to go home. God, na ur hand we dey oooo
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by Kaxmytex(m): 9:14am On Dec 27, 2012
Na wa o
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 27, 2012
Omo na pubic bia-bia dey black so?

Calabar man go see the Apricot hala "Inamicot!!" grin
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 27, 2012
Thats what happens when you live in US and dupe Nigerians who send you money to make purchases for them... I am waiting for the one that has changed his phone line for the past 2 yrs after receiving my millions. I dont expect it to make news anyway.
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by ogorwyne(f): 9:20am On Dec 27, 2012
Billyonaire: Thats what happens when you live in US and dupe Nigerians who send you money to make purchases for them... I am waiting for the one that has changed his phone line for the past 2 yrs after receiving my millions. I dont expect it to make news anyway.
. U̶̲̥̅̊ sound like an idiot.U̶̲̥̅̊ have no respect for lives
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by kingingkinging: 9:24am On Dec 27, 2012
Our problem is not our constitution but lack of values-Fashola.

brothers killing brothers because of money- is this as a result of our constitution?

RIP brother.

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by gidiMonsta(m): 9:28am On Dec 27, 2012
Billyonaire: Thats what happens when you live in US and dupe Nigerians who send you money to make purchases for them... I am waiting for the one that has changed his phone line for the past 2 yrs after receiving my millions. I dont expect it to make news anyway.

MaxBillionaire we know there's really no love lost between you and NRNs (Non Resident Nigerians), but they are not all the same nah.
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by TableLeg(m): 9:31am On Dec 27, 2012
Tragic
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by kokoA(m): 9:34am On Dec 27, 2012
This guy is a potential murderer.
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 27, 2012
gidiMonsta:

MaxBillionaire we know there's really no love lost between you and NRNs (Non Resident Nigerians), but they are not all the same nah.
There is love between me and non-criminal Nigerians. I gave someone I know and called friend funds to help ship me 2 trucks and the fucker collected all my funds and changed phone lines and this is 2 bloody years and am waiting. Only God forgives, I dont.
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by Omen100(m): 9:35am On Dec 27, 2012
Noblechyk:
Wat are u just saying?

He is saying that Okonja Iwella is a kuli-kuli economist, abi u nor sabi read & understand ni gringrin grin
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by Kzinne: 9:39am On Dec 27, 2012
lacasa: The east is ηo place to reside esp for the well to do angry
what is 'well to do'?
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 27, 2012
I weep for Nigeria.
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by Igwe9(m): 9:41am On Dec 27, 2012
Billyonaire: Thats what happens when you live in US and dupe Nigerians who send you money to make purchases for them... I am waiting for the one that has changed his phone line for the past 2 yrs after receiving my millions. I don't expect it to make news anyway.
undecided
better-still, it could have been handled the other way round, i.e. if it had anything to do with your suspicion.
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by Kzinne: 9:42am On Dec 27, 2012
lacasa: The east is ηo place to reside esp for the well to do angry
inferior complex, so its ok for d non-well to do abi?
Re: Gunmen Kill US Returnee In Enugu by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 27, 2012
Igwe.:

undecided
better-still, it could have been handled the other way round, i.e. if it had anything to do with your suspicion.

He was asked, where is the money ? and he pleaded not to be killed. Meaning he duped someone....and the cost of the money is his phucking life.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Normalcy Returns To Recaptured Towns In Adamawa / Return Igbinedion’s Loot, Edo Government Tells EFCC / Many Feared Killed In Fresh Benue Attack, Seven Corpses Recovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.