Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture (9314 Views)

Is Wearing Western Clothing Forsaking Your Culture? / Nigerian Scams Is it Part Of Your Culture? / What Do You Hate About Your Culture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by ChitChatChick88: 10:29am On Dec 27, 2012
What defines female beauty in your culture? I know everyone has individual preferences, but is there an overall standard of beauty for women that exists in your society? This thread is not meant to bash women or objectify them, but to celebrate cultural differences.
Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:26am On Dec 27, 2012
There is an Igbo adage that's says "agwa bu mma nwanyi",which means good behavior is the beauty of a woman. I don't know if that answers ur quetion.
Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by ChitChatChick88: 7:27pm On Dec 27, 2012
NRI PRIEST: There is an Igbo adage that's says "agwa bu mma nwanyi",which means good behavior is the beauty of a woman. I don't know if that answers ur quetion.

It does, thanks.
Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 27, 2012
In the Caribbean, any woman who is confident regardless of color, size or whatever..is considered hot.

1 Like

Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by Blyss: 10:10pm On Dec 27, 2012
*Kails*:
In the Caribbean, any woman who is confident regardless of color, size or whatever..is considered hot.

And what about the Black-American? You are of both, aren't you? undecided
Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 27, 2012
^^stop obsessing over my ethnicity dude.
you're supposedly AA, so answer the question from your pov.
Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by Blyss: 11:11pm On Dec 27, 2012
*Kails*:
^^stop obsessing over my ethnicity dude.
you're supposedly AA, so answer the question from your pov.

Ok, so now I'm supposedly AA? cheesy Relax, I was just messing with you in the prior post, sis.
Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 27, 2012
Blyss:

Ok, so now I'm supposedly AA? cheesy Relax, I was just messing with you in the prior post, sis.

LOL. ok
Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:18pm On Dec 27, 2012
*Kails*:

Confidence as in what?
I have dated about three carribeans chics and they were great personalities and instantly fall in love with Africans.

1 Like

Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by Blyss: 3:52am On Dec 28, 2012
*Kails*:

LOL. ok

I have a cute story I've been wanting to share with you. On the weekends when my wife and I have to work, and or the times we have to work late... this sweet Jamaican woman watches our kids for us till one of us finishes up, and our daughter (she's 2 now) has been picking up on her accent and patois. She comes home, and jokingly starts speaking to us in a Jamaican accent and saying all these odd Jamaican words to us. cheesy She's naturally a comedic lil girl anyway, so that makes it all the more funny when she does it. It cracks her up, when we don't understand what the heck she's saying to us when she speaks like that. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:05am On Dec 28, 2012
Blyss:

I have a cute story I've been wanting to share with you. On the weekends when my wife and I have to work, and or the times we have to work late... this sweet Jamaican woman watches our kids for us till one of us finishes up, and our daughter (she's 2 now) has been picking up on her accent and patois. She comes home, and jokingly starts speaking to us in a Jamaican accent and saying all these odd Jamaican words to us. cheesy She's naturally a comedic lil girl anyway, so that makes it all the more funny when she does it. It cracks her up, when we don't understand what the heck she's saying to us when she speaks like that. cheesy

I love the Jamaican Patois. Very sexy if you have a chic that knows how to use it to infect a romance in you. I even came close to thinking about marrying one...Great ladies.

1 Like

Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by odumchi: 12:53am On Dec 29, 2012
Nma nwaanyi wu di - a woman's beauty is her husband.
Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by JallowBah(f): 6:49am On Dec 29, 2012
Well..since I live in Scandinavia, they say that "super-healthy is the new skinny".
No body fat, eating superhealthy, and being...chicken, you could say. Some figures have come a little bit back compared to ten years ago, but still, the ideal looks like this:

[img]http://static.vg.no/uploaded/image/2012/7/18/leiseg2.jpg[/img]

This girl is the most read blog in my country, and this is what most women in my country see as the ideal-body.

...I do NOT agree with them. As long as you are HEALTHY, I don`t care. The most beautiful thing a woman can carry, is confidence.
Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 29, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

I love the Jamaican Patois. Very sexy if you have a chic that knows how to use it to infect a romance in you. I even came close to thinking about marrying one...Great ladies.

kiss cool cool
awesome.

Blyss:

awe that's soo sweet!!! cheesy
i hope she really considers learning it. although it's not a common language, it still would be good for her to learn another dialect just to be enlightened. they would love to hear her speak it in Jamaica. grin She'd be like a celeb down there to the locals.
Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 29, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Confidence as in what?
I have dated about three carribeans chics and they were great personalities and instantly fall in love with Africans.

I don't know what it is about caribbean women and african men lol.
but like magnets... wink

To answer your question, confidence in terms of the way they carry themselves.
even a woman who by western standards is considered fat or a lady who is shapeless can easily find a partner in the caribbean because of the way she carries herself. No guy wants a girl with poor self esteem and a poor attitude, no matter how fine she is (unless it's a guy who also has similar complexes).
Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by Blyss: 2:41pm On Dec 29, 2012
JallowBah: Well..since I live in Scandinavia, they say that "super-healthy is the new skinny".
No body fat, eating superhealthy, and being...chicken, you could say. Some figures have come a little bit back compared to ten years ago, but still, the ideal looks like this:

[img]http://static.vg.no/uploaded/image/2012/7/18/leiseg2.jpg[/img]

This girl is the most read blog in my country, and this is what most women in my country see as the ideal-body.

...I do NOT agree with them. As long as you are HEALTHY, I don`t care. The most beautiful thing a woman can carry, is confidence.

How in the hell is that considered healthy? Around my way, no matter what race you come from, you'd be considered unhealthy (anorexic) by most.

1 Like

Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by ChitChatChick88: 4:34pm On Dec 29, 2012
Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by JallowBah(f): 4:44pm On Dec 29, 2012
Blyss:

How in the hell is that considered healthy? Around my way, no matter what race you come from, you'd be considered unhealthy (anorexic) by most.

Try telling that to the young girls living on 1 apple and childrens-portions of food every day in this country.
It is insane.
Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by oyinbogirl(f): 5:34am On Jan 06, 2013
A lady who is healthy, she can be full figured and curvy but not fat if you know what i mean. And CONFIDENT that would be the main thing
Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by pleep(m): 6:12am On Jan 06, 2013
*Kails*:
So this woman is considered hot in the carribean?...... yea right cheesy

Carribean men, dont let these fat women trick you into thinking they are attractive, no amount of confidence can cover up THAT

Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by Blyss: 6:43am On Jan 06, 2013
pleep: So this woman is considered hot in the carribean?...... yea right cheesy

Carribean men, dont let these fat women trick you into thinking they are attractive, no amount of confidence can cover up THAT

LOL. cheesy
Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 06, 2013
[b][/b]

Sorry to say, but actually she'd get much love in the Caribbean. There is no trick. Honest. Minus the fried chicken, maybe wink
Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by Blyss: 2:43pm On Jan 06, 2013
Flytefalls: [b][/b]
Sorry to say, but actually she'd get much love in the Caribbean. There is no trick. Honest. Minus the fried chicken, maybe wink

In all honesty, she'll be alright if she lost a lot of that weight. You can can tell she has a very pretty face.
Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by pleep(m): 7:03pm On Jan 06, 2013
^.... undecided Im a face guy too, but i dont see what your seeing. lol
haha, these carribean men must be thirsty off the chain grin But there are so many hot girls from that area why are the dudes chasin fattys?
Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 06, 2013
Blyss:

In all honesty, she'll be alright if she lost a lot of that weight. You can can tell she has a very pretty face.
They want the meat, trust me. I don't understand it either lol.

pleep:
haha, these carribean men must be thirsty off the chain grin But there are so many hot girls from that area why are the dudes chasin fattys?
Loool! I dunno about hot girls, but most girls can get some form of lovin' when they need it.

... An exclusive relationship, well that's a whole different story wink
Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by Nobody: 1:07am On Jan 07, 2013

In the Caribbean women with meat/big butt (batty)/curvs are considered "real women" and have no problem finding men so long as they are well kept and confident. Same for the thinner babes. The majority of the Caribbean population consists of thin men and women. And while true, fat people are still NOT looked down upon in our part of the world sir. cool

In Jamaica specifically (and i think some other islands too), a woman like the one in that picture would be known as a "mampy" or "fatty" and both terms are complimentary. wink
Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by Nobody: 1:13am On Jan 07, 2013

thank you.
caribbean men love WOMEN. Regardless! cool

Could be a trini man, Jamaican man, Vincy man, Bajan man...doesn't matter.
A fatty boom boom will get some Loving!! grin
Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by Nobody: 1:20am On Jan 07, 2013
pleep:

lol come on pleep, you really don't have love for the big mamas? grin
who else will keep you warm in the winter? you know you'd hit that!

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO grin grin

but in all seriousness, it's up to the individuals still. You do have some caribbean men who are really shallow and want "barbies". My brother won't touch a woman over a certain size (booo!) but generally speaking in the caribbean "a woman is a woman" so, it's not like it's important what size she is. Again it just matters how she carries herself, what she's about and etc.
Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by Blyss: 1:27am On Jan 07, 2013
*Kails*:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO grin grin

but in all seriousness, it's the individuals still. You do have some caribbean men who are really shallow and want "barbies". My brother won't touch a woman over a certain size (booo!) but generally speaking in the caribbean "a woman is a woman" so, it's not like it's important what size she is. Again it just matters how she carries herself, what she's about and etc.

Not trying to stereotype here, but I must say that alot of the Caribbean guys I've known LOVE them some tubby white womenz! cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by Nobody: 1:32am On Jan 07, 2013
Blyss:

Not trying to stereotype here, but I must say that alot of the Caribbean guys I've known LOVE them some tubby white womenz! cheesy

Just like African American men. lol You guys are OFF THE CHAIN!!
We are not even talking about "fatty" in your case, we talking OBESE! grin
(esp. IN THE SOUTH!)

But again, women are women to our men.
Regardless.
Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by Blyss: 1:40am On Jan 07, 2013
*Kails*:

Just like African American men. lol You guys are OFF THE CHAIN!!
We are not even talking about "fatty" in your case, we talking OBESE! grin
(esp. IN THE SOUTH!)

But again, women are women to our men.
Regardless.

You're right, they get down like that in the south I've noticed. A crap load of Caribbean girls, mostly freshies, are dating white guys these days as well.
Re: What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture by pleep(m): 3:20am On Jan 07, 2013
*Kails*:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO grin grin
That is very insulting angry

haha, but seriously i have been attracted to a heavier woman... once, But she had a beautiful face. Anyway in general black men are just too thirsty... banging anything that moves, there is no incentive for these chicks to loose weight.

When you go out and see to many fat ppl it can ruin your night... very annoying sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra Is Ancestral Home Of The Igalas / *~ Ifyalways Voted Culture Section Poster Of 2012*~ Congratulations! / Shehu Of Dikwa, Mohammed El-Kanemi Dies At 79

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.