Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

Fasting For 40 Days Yet I Weigh 60kg. Is There A Problem Somewhere? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Fasting For 40 Days Yet I Weigh 60kg. Is There A Problem Somewhere? (1945 Views)

Hungry & You Come Home To This (& Wife Insists The Family Is On 3 Days Fasting) / What Foods Will I Take In Nigeria To Gain Weigh very Fast. / Pastor W.f. Kumuyi Declear One Day Fasting And Prayer 4 Jos & Nigeria In General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fasting For 40 Days Yet I Weigh 60kg. Is There A Problem Somewhere? by gentledove(f): 6:56pm On Feb 20, 2008
Our Church has being on Fasting for the Past twenty something days.  i break with fruits by 6pm.  before i start fasting, i weighed 60kg.  twenty days after, i still weigh the same.  i tot this should have changed.  what can i do to reduce my weight.  i exercise but not much.  i dont eat anything fatty or even pastries.  i enjoy vegetables and fruits. 

is this hereditary or what? shocked[img][/img]
Re: Fasting For 40 Days Yet I Weigh 60kg. Is There A Problem Somewhere? by holythug(m): 7:00pm On Feb 20, 2008
maybe u av a reservoir sumwhere in u
Re: Fasting For 40 Days Yet I Weigh 60kg. Is There A Problem Somewhere? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Feb 21, 2008
You will drop later and a bit drastically too. I was seriously working out last year because i put on weight after service. there asnt any physical weight loss but toards the end of the year i lost so much weight,m that its embarrasing, people keep asking if am ok.
Re: Fasting For 40 Days Yet I Weigh 60kg. Is There A Problem Somewhere? by Seun(m): 3:13pm On Feb 21, 2008
Better don't kill yourself. 60kg is a good weight depending on your height.
If you lose too much weight, your skin will be saggy and wrinkly.
Re: Fasting For 40 Days Yet I Weigh 60kg. Is There A Problem Somewhere? by gentledove(f): 3:11pm On Feb 25, 2008
my height is 5.65. i appreciate all ur concerns. i guess i should just forget the weight issue. thanks once again, i appreciate u all
Re: Fasting For 40 Days Yet I Weigh 60kg. Is There A Problem Somewhere? by chika98: 5:16am On Feb 26, 2008
Actually fasting makes your body store fat & burn ur muscles. It also slows down your metabolism thereby making you gain weight instead of losing it. Just stay healthy. Skinny isn't for everone.
Re: Fasting For 40 Days Yet I Weigh 60kg. Is There A Problem Somewhere? by OyO(m): 4:37pm On Jun 14, 2008
Greets,

People would have greater breakthroughs and obtain more profond and lasting benefits by changing the way they fast.

Pls listen to me all belivers and fasters.

Breaking at 6 is wrong!

If you are doing the eat once a day type of fast - the optimum time to eat is A.M. By 6pm the body has started to shut down it's digestive process. Food eaten after 6 will take longer to digest and metabolise.

This will cause Insulin release ( esp with sugars and carbs), which stops the phased release of other hormones such as Growth Hormone which is the hormone responsible for the nightly repair and rejuvenation of your body and mind.

When you eat in the A.M you get maximal digestion and release of energy from the food.

By sleeping on an empty stomach you will recieve the full cyclic regeneration and healing.

Try it and see you weight melt off every night. Pls note that if your body has a weeak Pancreas even smal amounts of carbs or fruit will cause weight gain especially if eaten at night. Keep fruits to daytime consumption even when not fasting.

Please also be aware that when you sleep with a full belly your spirit is entangled in the gross material realm leaving you open to negative spiritual forces. (nightmare, attack etc) That is why when you sleep on an empty stomach you are able to acccess the realm of God easily

By the way the best results spiritually and physically are obtained when you do a water fast - no food at all. Try this for 3 days at least.

Remember fasting makes you a champion. But refine you practice for best results. How you break the fast is important also. Send me an email if you want more in depth info

Blessings!!
Re: Fasting For 40 Days Yet I Weigh 60kg. Is There A Problem Somewhere? by drrionelli(m): 7:48pm On May 21, 2010
You're 5' 6.5" in height and weigh 60kg. Is there a problem with that? What do you feel that you should weigh?

(1) (Reply)

10 Snacks Under 100 Calories- FITFAM FRIENDLY / 7 Foods That Make You Taller / RAW AFRICAN BLACK SOAP, From Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.