Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,333 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Meet A Dentist - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Meet A Dentist (71452 Views)

How To Whiten Teeth Without Seeing A Dentist. / A Dentist Help Needed!! / Visiting A Dentist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet A Dentist by esperiense(m): 10:46pm On Jan 09, 2013
Tonniey: Wen i was born, my dad told me dat my teeth was white, bt wen i was growing up, it turned brown nd upon asking my parents, dey said its as a result of tretracyclin i was been given 2 stop me from running stomach, pls, wot can i do 2 make it whlte again?
Visit a dentist, tell him/her you want a composite veneer, that's the only solution as at of today
Re: Meet A Dentist by esperiense(m): 10:48pm On Jan 09, 2013
Deedee49: Hi. The last of my tooth is about to shoot out, and its so painful. Hinders my chewing. What can i use to relieve myself?
antibiotics, analgesic, warm saline mouth rinse will do the work
Re: Meet A Dentist by esperiense(m): 10:52pm On Jan 09, 2013
Ignatio: Best Thread so far in NL.

I've heard about washing of teeth, pls can you elaborate on it and how much it costs.
it removes stains from tooth and inside d gum thatbrushing can't remove. This stains r responsible for premature tooth loss. Can b as cheap as 5k and as expensiv as 20k dependin on d hospital
Re: Meet A Dentist by snthesis(m): 10:53pm On Jan 09, 2013
is chewing stick good for brushing and fresh breathe
Re: Meet A Dentist by esperiense(m): 11:00pm On Jan 09, 2013
domack99:

I have issue with this, i once have bleeding gum, apart from visiting the dentist every two months, i also brush my teeth atleast three times a day with close-up, sensodyne just name it. After several research on the internet i started using Forever gel tooth paste and OraMD. Those two contains no flouride content. I also found out that some countries, have actually stop the addition of flouride to tooth paste and also water supply.
ok, I want u to know amma qualified dentist. Brushing with a toothpaste with no fluoride do u little or no good. The countries that stopped adding fluoride to toothpase and water found that its not neccessary cos they have fluoride in most oof their basic food up to drinks, snacks etc anytin,even can found it in their air (exageratn) and excess of fluoride is more dangerous than none at all, that's why thtopped adding it to toothpaste and waTer. In nigeria, fluoride is like gold and d only few places u can get it is toothpaste n water. Be wise

4 Likes

Re: Meet A Dentist by esperiense(m): 11:04pm On Jan 09, 2013
yomide: Pls what do u do to a tooth that's becoming horizontal thanks. I mean especially the front tooth that's always shooting out.
Braces...u wear braces(Orthodontic appliance). No substitute
Re: Meet A Dentist by tcurl(f): 11:04pm On Jan 09, 2013
what do you do when you discover an outgrowth in your gum but feels no pain at all?
Re: Meet A Dentist by esperiense(m): 11:08pm On Jan 09, 2013
'sade:
Please how do ℓ̊ make my teeth white again,ℓ̊ reside in Ibadan.
go for dental teeth whitening procedure or buy listerine teeth whitening powder. I can place order for u. Call 08063737929
Re: Meet A Dentist by oluchi557(f): 11:09pm On Jan 09, 2013
Pls dabur herbal toothpaste,is it gud 4 my teeth
Re: Meet A Dentist by esperiense(m): 11:11pm On Jan 09, 2013
299: Dr.., i've had many dental problems over the past few years ,and last year, i was told by a doctor that i've got sinusitis. Please is it possible for the sinuses to have been blocked as a result of the many dental problems i've had
it is not impossible but very unlikely. Seek medical help
Re: Meet A Dentist by esperiense(m): 11:13pm On Jan 09, 2013
crabs_oyst: Pls doc...can you advise ow people with colored teeth can get it whitened, especially those related to using tetracycline during pregnancy by the mother, den resulting in the child having colored teeth. advise pls, thanks.
tetracycline staining requires composite veneering. Ask yo dentist for this procedure
Re: Meet A Dentist by esperiense(m): 11:17pm On Jan 09, 2013
soniainchrist@y:
pls dentist,i want to know d difference btw bleaching of teeth and teeth polishing and what is their cost cos i have a brown teeth which i want to be white.i dont know if u work on saturday.thanks.
in simpliest terms bleaching removes inside stain, scalin and polishin remove. Outside stain. I don't work saturday. Buh can arrange something.mail dayo17@gmail.com
Re: Meet A Dentist by Barbz4u101(m): 11:18pm On Jan 09, 2013
Ma teeths r bad,need to get dem filled,lemme hav ur mobile so we can talk better
Re: Meet A Dentist by dowjones(m): 11:18pm On Jan 09, 2013
Can too much swag cause dental problems. I suspect my haute lifestyle and flashy ways are the reason for my tooth pain cry
Re: Meet A Dentist by esperiense(m): 11:19pm On Jan 09, 2013
Touchforfree: My teeth are coloured at the base and one or two flipped partly over the other one. Is it the corection for this that you called polishing and setting ?. Polishing and Setting is #10,000 che ?.
yep
Re: Meet A Dentist by Boss13: 11:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
How do you stop bad breath. Recommend a tooth paste that can stop bad breath.
Re: Meet A Dentist by esperiense(m): 11:21pm On Jan 09, 2013
Me vs U: Pls doc one of my front teeth is not properly aligned wat can be done about it and how much does it cost
braces(>N200,000)
Re: Meet A Dentist by christ4mi(f): 11:30pm On Jan 09, 2013
Am really scared of going to the dentist, for tooth extraction. Cos of the pain, I don't think local anesthesia can calm the anxiety or the pain, I am going to feel. Do you think, it right if I request for complete anesthesia for tooth extraction, Although am Asthmatic, Help a sister out
Re: Meet A Dentist by esperiense(m): 11:32pm On Jan 09, 2013
freecocoa: OP my teeth is 29 in number, is it a must that it reaches 32?

I experienced so much pains sometime last year when I was growing what the dentist called "a wisdom tooth".

I don't ever want to feel such pains again, that's why am asking.
.its nt a must buh once it start growin u can't stop it. Jus see. Dentist in case anoda start he can help

1 Like

Re: Meet A Dentist by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jan 09, 2013
Pls how do I whiten my teeth?? I heard it can be polished bt is it nt painful?
Re: Meet A Dentist by Redmosquito(m): 11:36pm On Jan 09, 2013
queen_labisi: Pls how do I whiten my teeth?? I heard it can be polished bt is it nt painful?
Nope! Teeth is like Bone! At least the surface is! And thats what's gonna be scrubbed! Not the gum! So no! It is not painful!
From Doctor Redmosquito! Dental assistant to esperenese (Oga ur name nawa oooo)
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Boss! Shey I try? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Meet A Dentist by esperiense(m): 11:37pm On Jan 09, 2013
emekatimsu: I really love this topic.
Doc,i have remove 3teeths within 3years while another teeth is seriously giving me sleepless night.
I removed the 1st two in a State government dental clinic and the dentist did nt even suggest filling up the teeth,she rather went ahead and removed it.
Pls i need serious advise so that all my teeths won'nt be removed b4 i reach 30years.

N/B...I make sure i rinse my mouth properly after each meal an d i keep away from sugary substance.
my advise for u is always go to good private dental clinic or teaching hospitals. Some people don't have d facility to save a tooth and dey don't won't u to go with their money
Re: Meet A Dentist by esperiense(m): 11:41pm On Jan 09, 2013
irpheezy: @OP I want to bleach my teeth pls can yu giv ṁ̭̥̈̅̄e any home made recipe 4dat? Tanks
none o sorry.buh there r over d counter rinses u get get at pharmacies
Re: Meet A Dentist by esperiense(m): 11:43pm On Jan 09, 2013
fowowe411: Pls elp me my gum is soft that a slight mishap usualy leads to bleedin and am nt usin a hard tooth-brush
u need scaling n polishing
Re: Meet A Dentist by mandra71(f): 11:44pm On Jan 09, 2013
Gud work doc.

1 Like

Re: Meet A Dentist by esperiense(m): 11:51pm On Jan 09, 2013
irpheezy:

Tanks pls hw can I get dis baking soda?
kindly note hydrogen peroxide is dangerous for d mouth
Re: Meet A Dentist by esperiense(m): 12:02am On Jan 10, 2013
tcurl: what do you do when you discover an outgrowth in your gum but feels no pain at all?
its something u have to present to a doctor for chekup. Painless swelling r often times more danderous dan painful ones
Re: Meet A Dentist by Dsage1: 12:02am On Jan 10, 2013
esperiense: braces(>N200,000)

Great replies by "esperiense". May God bless you.

I guess this must be one of the most expensive dental surgery.

Please, is he going to used braces for life? Sir, is there any difference between re-setting and bracing?
Re: Meet A Dentist by esperiense(m): 12:06am On Jan 10, 2013
christ4mi: Am really scared of going to the dentist, for tooth extraction. Cos of the pain, I don't think local anesthesia can calm the anxiety or the pain, I am going to feel. Do you think, it right if I request for complete anesthesia for tooth extraction, Although am Asthmatic, Help a sister out
complete anaesthesia has a lot of risks u don't want to take sister.pls go for local
Re: Meet A Dentist by Redmosquito(m): 12:07am On Jan 10, 2013
D sage:

Great replies by "esperiense". May God bless you.

I guess this must be one of the most expensive dental surgery.

Please, is he going to used braces for life? Sir, is there any difference between re-setting and bracing?
braces for life? Absolutely NO! U wear it from around a year to 2 years!
Assistant Dokitor TO esperenese! grin grin grin grin grin See as my teeth white!
Re: Meet A Dentist by BE811APP: 1:01am On Jan 10, 2013
I removed a tooth b4 xmas....b4 den I thot d whole world will collapse....I feel tooth ache is more painful dan Child Birth...I dnt wish wat I went thru....to my enemy......

U Dentist really Need to do serious awarness in 9ja....cuz most of us don't knw anythng....

Nyc1 Sir/Ma...
Re: Meet A Dentist by Redmosquito(m): 2:10am On Jan 10, 2013
Oga dokitor dey sleep! Oya we don close shop! Make una carry una palava dey go! Na till tomorrow!
**Closes door**
**smiles at nurse** grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies / Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola / Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.