Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) (4184 Views)

She Loves Me So Much She Had To Do This..(picture Of 18+) / She Loves Me But, I Just Don't Think I Love Her... / Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by Trooper(m): 8:42am On Aug 09, 2005
Is she real?

Well Folks, here comes another weird story. I'm a citizen of the United States and have been in contact with this Woman from Lagos for a while. As we both think it's time to meet I offered to come over but she's hesitating.but on the other side she says she likes / loves me Do you guys think this is just a game ? I know what I'm going to do, but I want to hear other people's opinions.

1 Like

Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by Trooper(m): 8:43am On Aug 09, 2005
@Hot-Angel......see, I did it !
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by CimonJorr(m): 8:50am On Aug 09, 2005
Oh...

You guys know ya selves..

Well..
Welcome on board Trooper.. Nice to have ur cherry busted formally in Nairaland..

Back to your issue, I'd advise you to get to know more about her, and to determine exactly what her reservations are about you meeting her.. Coming all the way to Nigeria just to meet a babe is quite a commitment.. [in terms of time and resources.. it's not like u're puddle-jumping to Mexico or Canada (or Cancun, for that matter.. wink)]..

There may be some issues that u guys need to sort out...

On the other hand, if she insists in wanting to come and see u... then as they say, wahalla dey oh.. Approach with cauction... tongue

Saint...
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by tcherokee(m): 1:38pm On Aug 09, 2005
the saint is right. be careful before you decide to come over be very very careful before you think of bringing her over to the us.
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by Trooper(m): 7:53pm On Aug 09, 2005
@tcherokee.....now, more details please
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by Trooper(m): 3:47am On Aug 10, 2005
Hi guys, can I please have a bit more input ? She says she's coming over by the end of the week but guess who needs to pay for the ticket ?
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by Seun(m): 4:01am On Aug 10, 2005
I don't know what to say. How is she to know that you genuinely love her, anyway?

It's a long distance relationship; nobody knows anything about anything until you meet. So if you care about her enough to want to meet her, then I don't see why you should be surprised that you as the (1) Man, and (2) Presumably affluent American is the one to pay. It shouldn't be a surprise at all.

Financial and superficial motivations cannot be separated from love. It'll always be easier for a woman to fall in love with a rich and charming man than a struggler.

So I think this decision is entirely yours. Do you care enough about the woman to take this risk? And is there a particular reason why you're not dating the women in your area?
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by Trooper(m): 4:19am On Aug 10, 2005
@ Seun, thanks for your comment. I guess I will take the chance as she seems to be very nice. On the other hand, adventures are out to be taken, right ? Would be anybody in Lagos be so nice to check out the following

Samsudeen Oladapo
No # 35 Dodoamusegun Suru
Lagos, Nigeria

That's the name of the travel agency she gave me.

It's not about the money for her ticket to the States, it'sabout honesty.

Seun, you probably have not been to the US so far, especially not to California. The women here are different, very very different but I do not want to use vulgar language
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by Seun(m): 4:31am On Aug 10, 2005
Hmmm. Be patient with the travel arrangements; no need to rush. No need to see her "next week" though you eventually should. The more the hurry, the more the chance of overlooking something important.

So tell us about the travel arrangement in more detail. Does she at least have a passport and US visa?
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by hotangel2(f): 5:00am On Aug 10, 2005
Does she have a visa yet?? She needs a visa..or prolly someone to file for her before she can start thinking of ticket.

Everyone already said it...take things slow with the girl, she might just wanna use you as an instrument to come to the US. Every girl should be happy to hear that..someone she "loves" is leaving where he is to come and meet her and her family. I see no reason as to why she keeps pressing on the fact that you shouldn't be the one to go to Nigeria, instead, she should be the one to come here. That kinda has so many meanings to it.

1. she might not want you to see her family members.
2. She might have have told you things that are not true and she wouldn't want u seeing them
3. She knows..if u come to Nigeria, you might not bring her here with you, after seeing how "probably ugly or not high standard" she is.
4. She knows (in a 100% proportion) that, when she gets here, whether she's fine/ugly...nuttin is gonna send her back to Nigeria..at leasts she got here safely. (she's NIgerian..she will husstle).
5. last but not least. She might wannna use you as an instrument here.

Mmkay, Don't get me wrong here... There might be several good reasons as to why she doesn't want u to be the one to come and meet her in NIgeria, but the bad reasons are (wat shall i call it) stronger..than the good reason.

Be safe dude. The girl might be good, make sure u know her better before rushing into stuffs.
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by nddy(m): 6:32am On Aug 10, 2005
cool Be careful, That place  is Nigeria not any other place. Broda you gat to be seriously careful. I wish you good luck
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by Trooper(m): 8:19am On Aug 10, 2005
Hi guys, I thank you all for your input. I certainly know that this a 50% to 50% thing. Probably only a 20% to 80% opportunity to meet somebody you were looking for for so long but sometimes you have to take chances, right ? Hot-Angel & Seun - how long does it usually takes to obtain a visa for the US as she said she got one already ?

@ nddy, thanks for your good wishes
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by hotangel2(f): 8:33am On Aug 10, 2005
Uhmm..it takes how much you have. There's usualy no justice at the embassy..so it totaly depends. if she already has one...cool. All u gona need to do is buy her a ticket and send it to her. Don't give her the money to buy it oo.. I am begging you. Buy it and send it to her.
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by Trooper(m): 9:51am On Aug 10, 2005
@ Lizzy-Angel........Girl, this is exactly the point. Somebody ( from her travel agency ? ) called me today asking me whether I'm going to pay for her ticket . So far so good.

But paying for her ticket by using Western Union HELLO ? Excuse me !!! I'm white, I might be a bit crazy but according to the last result of an IQ test I've taken I'm not an idiot.....but way above average...

Anyhow, we are not done yet....will let you guys know what's going on next.

Hot-Angel, Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. Actually, I appreciate all of your comments guys !
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by CimonJorr(m): 10:09am On Aug 10, 2005
what's the penalty for a cancelled ticket?..

if not too high, then the solution is simple.. ask which airline is giving the ticket, and buy it from the States.. worst case senario, it turns out to be a scam and u cancell ur ticket from there.. capisce
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by Trooper(m): 10:20am On Aug 10, 2005
Got ya, CimonJorr
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by hotangel2(f): 7:18am On Aug 11, 2005
Simon said it.
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by jogego(m): 9:01am On Aug 11, 2005
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6448213/did/8704213/

nuff said. Reeks of 419 to me. If I were you, I'd take off and run and hide. The address of the travel agent seems funny to me. They have probably been contacting you using GSM PAYG phones which are not traceable. If you believe she really loves you, then you have to believe that am the Queen of Sweeden.
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by CimonJorr(m): 9:20am On Aug 11, 2005
Bro...

U'd be damn pretty for a "Queen"... grin
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 11, 2005
"she's hesitating"! most likely she's a guy and like jogego  said she's(in reality he) on some 419 sh*t. be careful man.

my theory on dating online. if she ain't in your city or it'll be hard to meet her forget it. here's an example: i live in Abuja and school in Enugu. if at all i want to try the online dating thing i'll only try it with girls living in Abuja or Enugu. i might consider other states if there's a chance i'll be visiting them soon and the main reason not primarily being to see my online acquitance. u get my drift?
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by layi(m): 3:26pm On Aug 11, 2005
A girl claims to love u and is hesistant for u to come to see her? Rubbish. Its a scam. Telltale sign: She doesnt want u to come (is she underaged living with her parents?) Oh! she can travel to come over to see u (so she's not underaged afterall).
Then whats the problem with u coming over? Believe me i cant think of any. she's /he's a scammer. She wont ask for ticket fees without gettin a visa if she's genuine. She needs a VISA! She's got to show that to u.
this scenario is very rampant in d nigerian 419 circle. Dont even try to play smart by gettin her the ticket..she'll sell it. Run 4 cover o
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by twinkledew(f): 4:06pm On Aug 11, 2005
i do not know how visa thingy works but is it possible for u to tell her to fax or mail her passport to u.( pic and visa) so u can confirm urself.

is it possible to own a fake passport, visa etc, if yes it means u can not judge on that. it is kind of complicated becos i do not really know her motives but i will judge on what u've written down. pls be patient. take all the possible time u've got. its easy to make a mistake but difficult to erase them.
Most people down there can do anything to travel Abroad.
Best of Luck.
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by kazey(m): 4:40pm On Aug 11, 2005
Dem !! They don jazz am o. Guys we need to pray for him. Ni Oruko oluwa wa. AMin !! AMIN !! AMIN!!
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by twinkledew(f): 4:52pm On Aug 11, 2005
if she truly loves hims he wld not ask him to pay for her ticket.

and if she is doing all this for fun or thinks she is smarter than him then its hatered to me.

treating someone in a nasty way is not love.
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by layi(m): 2:40pm On Aug 13, 2005
Kazey maight be right. Its look like Jazz o. Ni Oruko Jesu Kristi...Emi mimo Gba akoso.

I am 1000% sure this is a scam. "Travel agency wey no get busines name". If she has gotten a visa. thats the first thing she'll show cos its very difficult getting 1 nowadays. I wonder how she got it without ur letter of invitation and docs.

twinkledew:

i do not know how visa thingy works but is it possible for u to tell her to fax or mail her passport to u.( pic and visa) so u can confirm urself.

Is it possible to own a fake passport, visa etc, if yes it means u can not judge on that

She cant get a fake visa to show u except she (i mean..HE) lurks around the embassy for a successful applicant which is an herculean task. She wont want to do that. A US Visa cannot be forged easily. Even if she does..Tell her u want to chat cam-cam.

In fact bros..dont waste ur precious time...Its fake.
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by IAH(f): 8:27pm On Aug 13, 2005
The "girl" he has been dating online must be a "boy". A scammer! The name of that agency is totally funny...Dodoamusegunsuru shocked The guy just wants to make away with some $$$.
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by dablessed(f): 7:29pm On Aug 14, 2005
This looks like a 419 thingy.

The name of the travel agency is suspicious. Could anyone interprete what "Dodoamusegun" mean?

Is "suru" meant to be "surulere"? If not what part of Lagos is the Agent then? If yes, could anyone, quite familiar with surulere let us know if there is anywhere called Dodoamusegun in surulere?

Dude! Take your time, do not be in a hurry, true love would actually stand the test of time, take it easy!

All the best.
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by hotangel2(f): 10:37pm On Aug 14, 2005
No one has a positive mind here. Almost everyone agrees that it's 419. Why?
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by Showlove: 10:49pm On Aug 14, 2005
[b][/b][color=#990000][/color] Let me tell u bro, you shouldn't waste your time with this miserous lady at the other end... Everything is arranged with some guys. There's no such street name in Lagos... Guys have done it before and they succeed in getting some $$$ from genuine US Citizen seeking love in Nigerian ladies. From what I've read so far, its all calculated steps. (1). Have u seen this so-called lady before, maybe through scanning her picture(s) to you or chatting online using webcam (2). Have u spoken with any of her brother or sister or relation(s) (3). When and how did you get in touch with her (Did u or she got in touch with u first) (4) Have u guys ever discussed about US Visa before u told her u want to come visit her (5). Is it when u said u will be coming to Nigeria to see her that she came up with this idea of u sending her ticket money Infact, I could keep on asking lots of questions here, because it hurts me to see how Nigerians (Guys and Ladies) do things to damage the Nigerian name. I have seen guys travel from US to Nigeria to marry Nigerian ladies and vice versa u know, but this story I just read is nothing but u know....but let me not conclude yet, I want u to answer those questions and I will tell u the result if this is genuine or scam...
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by Pinky(f): 12:59am On Aug 15, 2005
this is the first topic am gonna see an original poster coming baq to reply & give more info to peeps on his board. damn this topic is so so interesting. i doubt that the lady in question is real too.
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by nddy(m): 4:40am On Aug 15, 2005
I feel you pinky though  but i feel the guy might be lieing, tell me which white person would like to seek advice about nigerian women on a forum that is basically consumed by nigerians . Does that sound reasonable, White guys aint as dumb as we think despite the fact we fool them  with our 419. Dude (trooper you aint white and please don't fake being white)
Re: This Woman in Lagos Genuinely Loves Me? (US Citizen) by hotangel2(f): 5:02am On Aug 15, 2005
nddy:

I feel you pinky though , The guy might be lieing, tell me which white person would like to seek advice about nigerian women on a forum that is basically consumed by nigerians . Does that sound reasonable, White guys aint as dumb as we think despite the fact we fool them with our 419. Dude (trooper you aint white and please don't fake being white)

I have to disagree with you on this one nddy.
Reasons: WHy would you think the guy is lying?? The white person that would seek advice about a nigerian person on a nigerian forum, is the white guy that is smart and believes NIgerians should know more about NIgerians than he (a non-nigerian) does. It sounds reasonable because he knows that, No matter how nigerians would want to support their country people, there are still some Nigerians that knows the truth about themselves.

Come to think of it, All the replies in this thread summed up to say that The girl (or probably guy) that loves him in nigeria is kind of playing him (what we Nigerians call 419). White guys aren't dumb --- that i agree with, but what i don't agree with is that, saying white guys aren't dumb because he asked for help about a Nigerian person from Nigerians. The guy knows all about 419's. From all indications, if he was dumb, he wouldn't ask for help here. He would have just done all what the girl asked him to do. Only a dumb person would not seek for people's advice before he goes ahead and says he has a final decision.

Who are you to say Trooper aint white?? The dude said he's white, you don't know him...so you have no choice than to believe him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Could I Be Wrong To Dump My Boyfriend Of 4 Years For A Lieutenant In The Army? / What Should I Do? / What Would You Talk About On The Phone With Your Girlfriend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.