Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? (12857 Views)

Bc / 15 Fastest Growing Small Business OPPORTUNITIES and IDEAS In Nigeria For 2013 / 13 Business Ideas For 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by demoreon: 6:14pm On Dec 28, 2012
Goldenheart: check!!!
Can't find it
Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by 2sexy(m): 6:20pm On Dec 28, 2012
he means he has taken note of what you just recommended
demoreon:
Can't find it
Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by YOUNGKAHUNA: 6:30pm On Dec 28, 2012
caesaraba: Well, it's still going to be forex, forex and more forex. The rest, I'm not saying.

Hehehehe.........The Rest Gotta Do With Money Too.
Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by demoreon: 6:30pm On Dec 28, 2012
2sexy: he means he has taken note of what you just recommended
Oooo my bad..thankssmiley
Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by ubong560(m): 6:42pm On Dec 28, 2012
op, lead the way. Expose what u think u have
Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 28, 2012
nenergy: My plan is to conclude my book publishing deal and hit the market with my bestseller- The Job Seeker's Creed. smiley

Email your manuscript to Oprah ...... who knows you might hit your jackpot from there undecided ( I'm serious)

Mine is for my business to expand.
Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by caesaraba(m): 6:52pm On Dec 28, 2012
YOUNGKAHUNA:

Hehehehe.........The Rest Gotta Do With Money Too.

Lol. Definitely
Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by phecs: 6:57pm On Dec 28, 2012
5k to 1500usd yet notin to say!r u a money doubler?plssss go and sleep joooor
Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by Tunby(m): 7:24pm On Dec 28, 2012
phecs: 5k to 1500usd yet notin to say!r u a money doubler?plssss go and sleep joooor
oga he has explained now.Read through the posts again pls.
Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by 2sexy(m): 7:55pm On Dec 28, 2012
Tunby: oga he has explained now.Read through the posts again pls.
dont mind that ediot... and that is a more reason why I have never replied any emails that has been sent to me because of this.

some have eyes but cant see... he-goats. no mind them jor.
Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by omotola1(m): 8:49pm On Dec 28, 2012
phecs: 5k to 1500usd yet notin to say!r u a money doubler?plssss go and sleep joooor
Pls read through posts before spewing rubbish! You only read the first page and made a f00l out of yourself.
He has explained FYI...
Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:51pm On Dec 28, 2012
Adanyebe: How do you Mean, do you run customising of t-shirts or you do graffiti on textile banners
yes, and other types of graphics prints.
Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by lightheart(m): 11:28pm On Dec 28, 2012
As for me, I hope to design publicity deliverables for all of you.

Yes, I'm into graphics designs for web&prints
Increase and satisfy my clientele.
Rebrand schools' and other organisations' outdoor advert materials

Take basic/advanced Office and Graphics computer applications training to secondary schools leavers

So help me God

#2013FlightYear

Lightheart Designs
Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by citypulseng(m): 11:49pm On Dec 28, 2012
What a nice thread! Just started planning my resolution for next before stumbling on this.

First I must applaud the creativity of GoldenHeart's Comic. It looks sweet and will surely attract kids. However, my worry lies in the cover price. N200 for kids? Unless, of course, you are targeting the 'Aje Butters' sha.

Anyway I plan resuscitating my entertainment-based paper which I dumped in the 3rd quarter 2012.

Secondly, I am hoping to use my personal blog - citypulseng..com - to promote my book (Businesses to Start With Less Than N50,000) the result of my 2-year research which I am hoping will partially solve the perennial problem of umployment in the country as well as encourage many to take to the world of Entrepreneurs.

What do you think?

Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by albacete(m): 6:21am On Dec 29, 2012

@2sexy
I must say i'm very much impressed after visiting d thread @ ur siggy. The business concept sure makes sense. Initially, i thought u were one of those guys that talk on paper without having anything on ground.

Even though you don't know exactly when to get paid, it seems to be a very profitable business.

Something just came to my mind now: What if d market become so saturated that there is no sensible domain to register? because d way u guys are going(some registering as much as 10 domains per day), there won't be any left for us that are yet to start.
Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by 2sexy(m): 9:35am On Dec 29, 2012
albacete:
@2sexy
I must say i'm very much impressed after visiting d thread @ ur siggy. The business concept sure makes sense. Initially, i thought u were one of those guys that talk on paper without having anything on ground.

Even though you don't know exactly when to get paid, it seems to be a very profitable business.

Something just came to my mind now: What if d market become so saturated that there is no sensible domain to register? because d way u guys are going(some registering as much as 10 domains per day), there won't be any left for us that are yet to start.
hhahaha... Thank you for picking on my brain. I know how you feel bro... But trust me, as much as there people registering domains everyday, there is an equal number dropping everyday.

What do I mean by dropping? Actually,every domains have their life span and when their life span is exhausted, they are deleted and dropped from database. This makes it to become available for someone else to register it.

Let me explain further. I will use your NL handle as an example. if I register albacete.com, it will become mine which also depends on the number of years I wishh to own it. if this time elapse and I do not renew my registeration, it will be deleted from my account and any other Nairalander can register it.

Using this analogy, thousands of names like this drop on daily basis. You will even get tired of registering. Therefore, it does not get saturated. Granted, most of the good names have been taken. You cant find one word domains any more. They are mostly taken and those that had them made good money. for instance, the owner of PIZZA.COM made millions when he was to sell it. These where the early players of the game and there are many cases like that. There was also a rare case where a multimillion dollar company allowed one their domains to drop without renewing it. They had to pay through their nose because someone else registered it on drop. The domain was race.com. That no be beans ooo. facebook is the owner of fb.com. Please google "fb.com was for" and see how much it went for and that is why when you type fb.com into you address bar, you are often taken to facebook.com.

Anyway, talking about profitability... yeah it is when compared to what the stock market can give you, but this can only happen if you know what you are doing. The 90/10 rule is also applicable here. 10% register the best domains while the other 90% register crap names and that mean, the 10% will get the money from the buyers in the market. This means that your success is higly dependent on the kind on name you have. for instance, one name I have and which the buyer has agreed to buy is a dot com version of their dot net on which they have their company's website.

I found this particular domain on drop and registered it for $1.18 instead of the usual $10 for registering domains because I used a coupon to reduced the price. I did a little research and found out some companies have the .net(my main buyer but yet to pay), .co.uk, com.au( for australia) . that one is gone because by God's grace, I shall finalise everything by January. The man sef na old school... and e dey vex me gan angry angry. anyways what actually happened was that he asked me how much I would sell it for, I told him $1700 but he later replied me that the only way they will consider buying the name from me is if it will be very low. No mind the man ooo. he does not not know that I am aware he is the owner of the company. He is just trying to create a picture of "no money". Yeah, I had done my own research on before now. In this business, you have to know how to negotiate too and from what I have noticed, this particular buyer has been using delay tactics on me.

Since he did not agree with my price, I told him to make an offer, but on the condition that if the offer is fair enough, I will sell to him. Why did I use that clause, "if the price is fair enough"? if you read carefully, yous should have known that when said they will only consider buying it 'if" the price was very low. Hey.. that was a trap bro. so what did I do? I also gave them my own condition... make an offer and IF the price is fair enough, I will sell to you.

Guess what? The man thanked me and said he will talk tohis company directors and then get back to me... BETTER. na me you wan use do xmas chicken? You have to be smart as well when dealing with them.

Yeah some people will say if I registered the domain for $1.18 why do I want to sell that high. well this is business and in business, you all the money you can as much as you can. if the man even offer me $100, I will take it but the good news is that he wont do that.

why?

1. I have the .com-- the king of all extension on the web

2. He has already delayed by saying he will talk to his company directors. would you have spent weeks speaking to your company directors and only to come back and offer $100? bros that na BIG 'falling hand" from a realestate company

3. I intentionally raised that price to $1700 so that when nego nege nego negotiate, we may end up at a price I have in mind or slightly above it. Honestly, what I have in mind is just $300-$500 . Na game. hey no stone me ooo even market women in your area does the same thing... grin grin grin

Well, I don cross my legs and I dey wait for the man to come back from boardroom meeting with him company directors.... cheesy cheesy cheesy

regards peepz! Happy New Year In Advance.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by demoreon: 10:16am On Dec 29, 2012
albacete:
@2sexy

you sure have a good question about the market getting saturated and non availability of domain names,well I want you to know that everyday over 100,000 domains expires so All you need do is pick some of those domains and you will be fine, also there are lots of softwares that will generate domain names and check if they are available.
Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by 2sexy(m): 10:23am On Dec 29, 2012
demoreon: you sure have a good question about the market getting saturated and non availability of domain names,well I want you to know that everyday over 100,000 domains expires so All you need do is pick some of those domains and you will be fine, also there are lots of softwares that will generate domain names and check if they are available.
yeah yeah.. you can say that again. I like the guy question no be small...

and another thing I love about what he did, he checked to feed his inquisitive mind... nice cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by demoreon: 10:37am On Dec 29, 2012
2sexy: yeah yeah.. you can say that again. I like the guy question no be small...
and another thing I love about what he did, he checked to feed his inquisitive mind... nice cheesy cheesy
smileyit doesn't hurt asking questions
Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by uceee(m): 11:40am On Dec 29, 2012
@OP, Thank you for raising this very inspiring and informative thread. As for moi, I plan to resuscitate my online freelancing. This time, I will stop being jack of all trades and focus on one or two areas till I make a big reputation there. So help me God.
Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by 2sexy(m): 11:56am On Dec 29, 2012
uceee: @OP, Thank you for raising this very inspiring and informative thread. As for moi, I plan to resuscitate my online freelancing. This time, I will stop being jack of all trades and focus on one or two areas till I make a big reputation there. So help me God.
cool.. but try t see if you can channel whatever money you make from that to offline business.

That is what I will do in 2013.
Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by uceee(m): 1:15pm On Dec 29, 2012
2sexy: cool.. but try t see if you can channel whatever money you make from that to offline business.

That is what I will do in 2013.
Thanks, when I find something that appeals to me, I won't think twice before investing. Offline Biz requires you to be present to do the work, or supervise those doing it. Am still a student, so I find it more convenient to work online, since I can work from anywhere, at anytime as long as I have my PC.
Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by dantechnig: 1:21pm On Dec 29, 2012
Well am into construction and I wish to spread my wings all over nigeria for now, I design structural drawings, electrical drawings and mechanical drawings,work program, builders estimate for my architect friends but is like I got few architect clients and wish to have more clients all over the nation since one can send drawings now through emails. My plan is to prepare the drawings n courier it to the architect and get my pay through account. Well for all architect and builders interested in any of the drawings and work program etc contact ‎​dantechnig@yahoo.com for further inquiries. ‎​Compliments of the season
Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by 2sexy(m): 1:40pm On Dec 29, 2012
dantechnig: Well am into construction and I wish to spread my wings all over nigeria for now, I design structural drawings, electrical drawings and mechanical drawings,work program, builders estimate for my architect friends but is like I got few architect clients and wish to have more clients all over the nation since one can send drawings now through emails. My plan is to prepare the drawings n courier it to the architect and get my pay through account. Well for all architect and builders interested in any of the drawings and work program etc contact ‎​dantechnig@yahoo.com for further inquiries. ‎​Compliments of the season
get a website up there to display your drawings.
Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by DigitalIdeas: 4:08pm On Dec 29, 2012
To Learn More and carry our massive Orientation Campaign.
Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by 2sexy(m): 4:13pm On Dec 29, 2012
uceee: Thanks, when I find something that appeals to me, I won't think twice before investing. Offline Biz requires you to be present to do the work, or supervise those doing it. Am still a student, so I find it more convenient to work online, since I can work from anywhere, at anytime as long as I have my PC.
Okay... I undertsand. I was a student too.
Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by caesaraba(m): 4:22pm On Dec 29, 2012
This is just a hypothetical question: If you had a little above 1.5 million naira, what business would you start? Assuming you already owned a Provision store and Wine shop?
Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by 2sexy(m): 4:55pm On Dec 29, 2012
caesaraba: This is just a hypothetical question: If you had a little above 1.5 million naira, what business would you start? Assuming you already owned a Provision store and Wine shop?
I will add poultry business to it
Grasscutter farming and catc fish farming.... that is what I will do.
Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by caesaraba(m): 5:15pm On Dec 29, 2012
2sexy: I will add poultry business to it
Grasscutter farming and catc fish farming.... that is what I will do.

Nice idea. Especially the poultry and fish farming.

What about stuff like Kerosine/Cooking Gas biz?

Something with high daily return as regards sales.
Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by 2sexy(m): 5:21pm On Dec 29, 2012
caesaraba:

Nice idea. Especially the poultry and fish farming.

What about stuff like Kerosine/Cooking Gas biz?

Something with high daily return as regards sales.
yeah... the location is the key here.
Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by caesaraba(m): 5:28pm On Dec 29, 2012
2sexy: yeah... the location is the key here.

Thanks. Think it would be good to hypothetically start making the necessary inquiries as regards available location. Gracias amigo
Re: What Is Your Business Plan For 2013? by 2sexy(m): 5:38pm On Dec 29, 2012
caesaraba:

Thanks. Think it would be good to hypothetically start making the necessary inquiries as regards available location. Gracias amigo
cool... wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fuel Pump Prices-how Much Can I Purchase A Filling Station Fuel Pump. / Fire Disaster At Kurmi Market In Kano State (Photos) / Nigerians Amongst Dubai's Top Property Buyers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.