Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? (6212 Views)

YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss / Registered For YOUWIN 2015? Come In And Let's Discuss / Has Anyone Scaled Through Dragnet Test Before,please Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by kaysy(m): 12:10pm On Dec 28, 2012
I applied for the Youwin Enterprise for a lady and she has been mailed concerning the application saying that she wasn't successful after all my thinking, brain cracking and making sure the proposal meets an entrepreneurial requirements and targets, but one thing i think could have been a factor was the fact that she only wanted N1m. i think they must have looked at it as a small business that may not employ up to 10 other people, so i want to use this opportunity to ask if any lady has been contacted so far.

Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by bibiji(f): 12:45pm On Dec 28, 2012
I MADE IT THROUGH. THIS IS MY SECOND TRIAL AND I CAN TELL U WIT ALL HONESTY DAT THIS SCHEME IS FOR REAL. IDENTIFY UR LAPSES, WORK EXTRA HARD TO WRITE A BETTER PROPOSAL AND TRY IT NEXT YEAR AND U WIL BELIEVE DAT THIS NATION IS GRADUALLY CHANGING FOR THE BETTER.

3 Likes

Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by kaysy(m): 12:47pm On Dec 28, 2012
bibiji: I MADE IT THROUGH. THIS IS MY SECOND TRIAL AND I CAN TELL U WIT ALL HONESTY DAT THIS SCHEME IS FOR REAL. IDENTIFY UR LAPSES, WORK EXTRA HARD TO WRITE A BETTER PROPOSAL AND TRY IT NEXT YEAR AND U WIL BELIEVE DAT THIS NATION IS GRADUALLY CHANGING FOR THE BETTER.
please can i have a copy of your proposal? and what amount did u request for??

Congrats!!
Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by bibiji(f): 12:50pm On Dec 28, 2012
I APPLIED FOR 10M
Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by kaysy(m): 1:02pm On Dec 28, 2012
bibiji: I APPLIED FOR 10M

No wonder she dnt make it... this time am gonna apply for N5m or more
Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by faporori24: 1:43pm On Dec 28, 2012
kaysy:

Do whatever you like mr president is going to increase fuel in January because fuel don dey scarce now wait and see nah AK 47 i go carry this time if something like that happen make we do something before it too late anyway i want to contest for my state house of rep coming 2015 thanks.

2 Likes

Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by Olucheye(m): 1:45pm On Dec 28, 2012
kaysy:

Don't think cutting down the costs of her proposal is best. If the idea is great it should be supported!
Detailed analysis of cost in tune with project cost should be fine.
Never believed in the scheme tho.
Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by Dmantle: 1:49pm On Dec 28, 2012
youwin 2013,.....waiting patiently
Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by profola2be(m): 1:52pm On Dec 28, 2012
W
Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by DANILSA(m): 2:04pm On Dec 28, 2012
faporori24:

Do whatever you like mr president is going to increase fuel in January because fuel don dey scarce now wait and see nah AK 47 i go carry this time if something like that happen make we do something before it too late anyway i want to contest for my state house of rep coming 2015 thanks.
GUY ARE YOU FOR REAL? WHY GOING ROUND DERAILING TOPICS,COPING AND POSTING THRASH.FALSE PROPHET.
PYGURU HELP ME SLAM THE OLODO 2 HOURS BAN
Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by Aafulenu(f): 2:05pm On Dec 28, 2012
i applied and i scaled through, applied for 8.5m. i just hope i make the final 1200 winners
Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by mrkels(m): 2:07pm On Dec 28, 2012
[size=13pt]The 2012 winners who and who did they employ apart from their friends and families? I didn't see any advert requesting for capable/qualified manpower. I stand corrected though.[/size]
Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by kaysy(m): 2:07pm On Dec 28, 2012
Olucheye:

Don't think cutting down the costs of her proposal is best. If the idea is great it should be supported!
Detailed analysis of cost in tune with project cost should be fine.
Never believed in the scheme tho.

The business in question is an existing business and all she needed was a top up of finance to increase potentials, but since bibiji said she made it with a request of N10m, i think i have to do something towards the next programme so as to accumulate so much to the tune of N5m or more.... now u have to believe this cos we have a beneficiary in the house already.
Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by kaysy(m): 2:09pm On Dec 28, 2012
Aafulenu: i applied and i scaled through, applied for 8.5m. i just hope i make the final 1200 winners

bibiji: I MADE IT THROUGH. THIS IS MY SECOND TRIAL AND I CAN TELL U WIT ALL HONESTY DAT THIS SCHEME IS FOR REAL. IDENTIFY UR LAPSES, WORK EXTRA HARD TO WRITE A BETTER PROPOSAL AND TRY IT NEXT YEAR AND U WIL BELIEVE DAT THIS NATION IS GRADUALLY CHANGING FOR THE BETTER.

Please can u ladies tell us how many other people your company tends to employ, and what is the nature of your business. thanks
Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by kaysy(m): 2:12pm On Dec 28, 2012
mrkels: [size=13pt]The 2012 winners who and who did they employ apart from their friends and families? I didn't see any advert requesting for capable/qualified manpower. I stand corrected though.[/size]

The screening is still on... its not yet time for that Oga... so u still stand to be corrected till the time for correction comes... no probs
Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by ProfJYK(m): 2:14pm On Dec 28, 2012
@OP I share your views, worked with someone who applied for 3.1m and wasn't successful.
Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by kaysy(m): 2:17pm On Dec 28, 2012
Prof JYK: @OP I share your views, worked with someone who applied for 3.1m and wasn't successful.

Maybe she should multiply her request by 3 and see what happens next year cos as for me i have already multiplied by 5+
Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 28, 2012
Do you guys know how shameful dis youwin thing is?a whole FG worth Billions of naira, and they are just giving 1 or 2 peopl 1million every month or wat. I just hope oyibo no hear dis kind thing, dey will know we are all jokers in dis country.
Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by kaysy(m): 2:44pm On Dec 28, 2012
uihebom: Do you guys know how shameful dis youwin thing is?a whole FG worth Billions of naira, and they are just giving 1 or 2 peopl 1million every month or wat. I just hope oyibo no hear dis kind thing, dey will know we are all jokers in dis country.

atleast half bread is far better and even cheaper than none
Provisi0n is better than kiosk

1 Like

Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 28, 2012
Blackmailers and propagandists usually avoid this sort of thread. Congrats to all those who were successful.
Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by Aafulenu(f): 3:12pm On Dec 28, 2012
uihebom: Do you guys know how shameful dis youwin thing is?a whole FG worth Billions of naira, and they are just giving 1 or 2 peopl 1million every month or wat. I just hope oyibo no hear dis kind thing, dey will know we are all jokers in dis country.

before u start saying things u dont knw much about u read up first. this youwin execise is just for 1200 people only with the range of 1m -10m. this is just a part of the reinvestment of subsidy that was removed. and there is nothing shameful about it.
Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by Aafulenu(f): 3:14pm On Dec 28, 2012
kaysy:

Please can u ladies tell us how many other people your company tends to employ, and what is the nature of your business. thanks

you dont expect me to tell my business ideas in a public forum do u? and for a start i would be employing 10 staffs. both skilled and unskilled.
Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by bestprize247(m): 3:17pm On Dec 28, 2012
My client was shortlisted. It's not about the amount applied for, it's about the viability of the business.
Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by kaysy(m): 3:25pm On Dec 28, 2012
Aafulenu:

you dont expect me to tell my business ideas in a public forum do u? and for a start i would be employing 10 staffs. both skilled and unskilled.

Ok... Noted
Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by ypzilanti: 3:43pm On Dec 28, 2012
Aafulenu:

before u start saying things u dont knw much about u read up first. this youwin execise is just for 1200 people only with the range of 1m -10m. this is just a part of the reinvestment of subsidy that was removed. and there is nothing shameful about it.

The program is a good one, and apparently one of the few government programs that has not become a party loyalty scheme.

A more serious government however would have a more comprehensive scheme that would affect the lives of more people.

Consider, for instance, if government gave such a grant to every 2.1 graduate in Nigeria every year. The conditions would be simple: you attend a 3 month business training workshop, which at the end, you draw up a comprehensive business plan. With your NYSC number, you collect your loan/grant, and launch your business. That would affect more lives and make more meaning. They can even give you a case officer/mentor to monitor your progress.

It appears to me sometimes that government is just trying to do as little as possible to achieve a little sense of governance. Just create a tiny semblance of governance to give a little hope, but the main aim really is looting.

They should go and study Lulu da Silva of Brazil's presidency. With small loans to poverty stricken families, 10 million people were lifted out of poverty in 8 years in power. That is what I call governance...not stipends to a thousand Nigerians out of 160 million people.

4 Likes

Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by Parnassuss(m): 3:48pm On Dec 28, 2012
Come, come...The poster blatantly comes out to say HE APPLIED for a lady and BRAINSTORMED for her. I am sooo happy that he didn't get the prize and if God is good it will continue to elude him/her. Whilst I see nothing wrong in copying someone else's presentation format I will not abide with this attempt to continue the circle of wrongdoing. Let the lady come and present her own idea and you help her draft it, nothing wrong in that but you using her as a front for your own gains is just shortchanging those other hardworking women who have not turned to anyone but themselves to achieve their goals.
Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by ypzilanti: 3:53pm On Dec 28, 2012
Parnassuss: Come, come...The poster blatantly comes out to say HE APPLIED for a lady and BRAINSTORMED for her. I am sooo happy that he didn't get the prize and if God is good it will continue to elude him/her. Whilst I see nothing wrong in copying someone else's presentation format I will not abide with this attempt to continue the circle of wrongdoing. Let the lady come and present her own idea and you help her draft it, nothing wrong in that but you using her as a front for your own gains is just shortchanging those other hardworking women who have not turned to anyone but themselves to achieve their goals.

i think it is okay, so long as the business they applied for becomes the beneficiary of the money. It will still employ people and create value. If however he uses it to do his traditional marriage.... grin

2 Likes

Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by sholatech(m): 4:20pm On Dec 28, 2012
The key element in Youwin is how innovative is your business and ability to create sustainable jobs. It is very transparent and hard to fault. I am a beneficiary of the first edition and I encouraged and guided 11 women around me out of which 9 of them scaled through the first stage of Youwin Women. Don't think 1m is too small. I know several beneficiaries of the first stage that were given between 1-1.5m Naira and jobs are being created.

Youwin is only part of a process to reduce employment, and its targeted at formalising small businesses in Nigeria based on business planning. There are also several sure-p and BOI/SMEDAN/NERFUND/GEL projects bankrolled by the FG to assist people with loans similar to that mentioned with a contributor above.

Yes, 50b naira allocated to Youwin for 3600 entrepreneurs over 3-years period is very much justifiable if you have idea of the whole grant and cost structure of the project. No where in the world has this grant been given by any Government to empower such number of young entrepreneurs.

2 Likes

Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by Omexonomy: 4:35pm On Dec 28, 2012
ypzilanti:

The program is a good one, and apparently one of the few government programs that has not become a party loyalty scheme.

A more serious government however would have a more comprehensive scheme that would affect the lives of more people.

Consider, for instance, if government gave such a grant to every 2.1 graduate in Nigeria every year. The conditions would be simple: you attend a 3 month business training workshop, which at the end, you draw up a comprehensive business plan. With your NYSC number, you collect your loan/grant, and launch your business. That would affect more lives and make more meaning. They can even give you a case officer/mentor to monitor your progress.

It appears to me sometimes that government is just trying to do as little as possible to achieve a little sense of governance. Just create a tiny semblance of governance to give a little hope, but the main aim really is looting.

They should go and study Lulu da Silva of Brazil's presidency. With small loans to poverty stricken families, 10 million people were lifted out of poverty in 8 years in power. That is what I call governance...not stipends to a thousand Nigerians out of 160 million people.
i pity you Why is it that to you and ur minions any thing gej is doing is always not good do you know the story of giving out loans in nigeria
Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by Omexonomy: 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2012
@op not everybody can win besides are you sure you are not looking for money to do ur expensive marriage with that lazy lady you applied for.
Re: YouWin For Women: Has Any Lady Scaled Through? by kaysy(m): 4:50pm On Dec 28, 2012
Parnassuss: Come, come...The poster blatantly comes out to say HE APPLIED for a lady and BRAINSTORMED for her. I am sooo happy that he didn't get the prize and if God is good it will continue to elude him/her. Whilst I see nothing wrong in copying someone else's presentation format I will not abide with this attempt to continue the circle of wrongdoing. Let the lady come and present her own idea and you help her draft it, nothing wrong in that but you using her as a front for your own gains is just shortchanging those other hardworking women who have not turned to anyone but themselves to achieve their goals.

When a beautiful building is designed and constructed, what people asks is "who built this house" nobody asks who designs this house, thereby promoting the personality of the builder and neglecting the architect. Every business plan has an architect behind it and the architect must not necessarily be the builder.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Means Of Livelihood Taken Away From Me / Dragnet: Nestle Nigeria Plc Test / Vacancies In An Investment Bank and other sectors.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.