Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

What Was Your Favourite Nursery Rhymes? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Was Your Favourite Nursery Rhymes? (749 Views)

The Dark Side Of Nursery Rhymes / Meet Your Favourite Nairalander (New Thread) / Scary Nursery Rhymes & Stories! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Was Your Favourite Nursery Rhymes? by tomakint: 3:10pm On Dec 28, 2012
For those who attended nursery schools, you will agree with me that we have many nice nursery rhymes our teachers taught us those good old days, which must be memorized and we were good at just that! It was almost a rule that when we get home those days, we would not waste time to let our parents know we have a “new melody” to render for their listening pleasures at the dining tables, bedrooms, libraries, parlours, you just name them we would go on singing those melodious tunes to their admirations and if permitted, we choreographed along with it. We have a lot those days ranging from;

• Jack and Jill,
• Humpty-Dumpty,
• Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star,
• Baa-Baa Black Sheep,
• ABC
• Ladybug, Ladybug, Fly Away Home,
• Mary Had a Little Lamb,
• My Mother
• Polly Put That Kettle On,
• Thirty Days Hath September,
• London Bridge is Falling Down,
• Do-Re-Mi-Fa-So-La-Ti-Do,
• Three Blind Mice,
• Old Roger is Dead,
• The Old Woman Who Lived In a Shoe,
• Old MacDonald Had a Farm,
• Twelve Days of Christmas,
• Jingle Bell etc and not forgetting ‘A be Igi Oronbo’ grin

…..and the list goes on and on. My favourite those days were three namely: My Mother [♫ who sat and wash my infant head, when sleeping on my cradle bed, and tears of joy and affection shed, my mother…. ♫]; Baa-Baa Black Sheep [♫ baa baa black sheep have you any wool, yes sir, yes sir, three bag full, one for my master, one for my….. ♫] and Mary Had a Little Lamb [♫ Mary had a little lamb, (little lamb little lamb), Mary had a little lamb its fleece was white as snow, and everywhere that Mary went, (Mary went Mary went), and everywhere that Mary went, the lamb was sure to go, it followed her to school one day……♫]

Up till now, I can still sing many of those wonderful, soul-lifting nursery rhymes! What sweet memories those lovely tunes evoke!
Re: What Was Your Favourite Nursery Rhymes? by amtalkin(f): 3:35pm On Dec 28, 2012
My mother.... Back in those days if my cousin should hear me sing MY MOTHER she wil start crying...
Serious cry ooooo.When ask she said the song makes her think her mom is dead
Re: What Was Your Favourite Nursery Rhymes? by tomakint: 3:41pm On Dec 28, 2012
am talkin: My mother.... Back in those days if my cousin should hear me sing MY MOTHER she wil start crying...
Serious cry ooooo.When ask she said the song makes her think her mom is dead
...there is this emotional touch deep down in your heart when you are singing that poem 'my mother' its just too real wao......I just love it wink

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Be Moderating This Section. / How Can One Classify A Female As A Girl, A Lady Or Woman / Money Can Buy Happiness...the Economist. See Where Nigeria Ranks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.