Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,194 members, 7,780,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:35 PM

Food Science Technology As A Career - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Food Science Technology As A Career (5123 Views)

How Lucrative Is Pharmacy As A Career? / Food Science And Technology,the Way Forward? / What Are Prospects Of Food Science And Technology? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Food Science Technology As A Career by Richbee(m): 5:48pm On Dec 28, 2012
Wat do u say? A career in the science of food? Wat do u knw bout d field, food science tech
Re: Food Science Technology As A Career by Richbee(m): 10:32pm On Dec 28, 2012
Nobody interested?
Re: Food Science Technology As A Career by iweoru: 7:32pm On Dec 30, 2012
Food science is a very large field of study. What specific area are you looking at? What would you like to do with the knowledge you gain?

1 Like

Re: Food Science Technology As A Career by Richbee(m): 8:39pm On Dec 30, 2012
I am an undergrad in the field of food sci tech
Re: Food Science Technology As A Career by iweoru: 8:49pm On Dec 30, 2012
FST is a very good program of study. Food production is a major concern in the 21st century due to growing populations, a reduction in arable land, and global warming. Here are some starting points if you want more information:
ift.org
ifst.org

I do find it odd that you selected a program of study without doing research first. You have yet to say what you hope to do with your knowledge in food science technology.

1 Like

Re: Food Science Technology As A Career by Richbee(m): 7:23am On Dec 31, 2012
Aiit. Tnx. I an a student member of the IFST. I tink I know things about my field of study. All I wanted was to get pple rub minds together. To discuss bout challenges so far, prospects, findings and the rest. U in the field too?
Re: Food Science Technology As A Career by iweoru: 2:22am On Jan 01, 2013
Ahh, I see. Then good luck with your studies! I did my degree in chemical engineering and bioengineering when I was in school. One of the areas I studied as part of my bioengineering degree was food science and technology. All of the scientific techniques employed in FST are derived from chemistry, biology and engineering principles. So if you have a strong interest in these fields then you will enjoy what you are doing. There are a lot of ways you can apply your knowledge in this field so don't limit yourself. Are you interested in doing academic research or do you want to work in the industry? It might be too soon for you to know what path you want to take but you should know that there are a host of opportunities globally. Food production and distribution is one of the greatest issues in the 21st century. Who knows, maybe you will win a Nobel Prize for helping alleviate world hunger.... grin

Richbee: Aiit. Tnx. I an a student member of the IFST. I tink I know things about my field of study. All I wanted was to get pple rub minds together. To discuss bout challenges so far, prospects, findings and the rest. U in the field too?
Re: Food Science Technology As A Career by Richbee(m): 8:16pm On Jan 01, 2013
Hello. Happy new year. Really, ur reply is very much appreciated. It isn't too early to choose. As a matter of fact, I am in my 4th year. I'd love to be involved in academic research. I would also wanna opt in being a lecturer as soon as I grad. I tink food microbiology or human nutrition would be my major. I don't really know much bout biotech. All I know is its relation to genetic engineering as a means to produce finer and superb food products. Wishing u the best in this new year.
Re: Food Science Technology As A Career by Richbee(m): 8:18pm On Jan 01, 2013
Yeah. Amen to that prayer.
Re: Food Science Technology As A Career by Calebsworld(m): 8:27am On Jan 03, 2013
Richbee: Yeah. Amen to that prayer.
good day bro,great to be an Fstarian,frm which sch bro?.
Re: Food Science Technology As A Career by Richbee(m): 4:35pm On Jan 03, 2013
Hi. I'm from FUTA. I take it dat u a fstarian.
Re: Food Science Technology As A Career by winta2007(m): 12:23pm On Jan 07, 2013
Am also a food science and technology Student in ESUT,300L,add me on 2go franknweke,we can rub minds together.
Re: Food Science Technology As A Career by Nobody: 11:24am On Feb 19, 2013
i,my name is funke,and an incoming FST student in oau,i would like to rub minds with other FSTARIANS and know more about the course,jobs and salaries,add me on 2go @adefunke4

1 Like

Re: Food Science Technology As A Career by kingodeya: 9:16pm On May 07, 2013
Can sam1 pls enlighten me on what bioengineering is?thank u.
Re: Food Science Technology As A Career by Nobody: 1:04am On May 09, 2013
Rily nice to see other food techologists here.
Re: Food Science Technology As A Career by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 21, 2014
candygosh:
Rily nice to see other food techologists here.
hello awayu. are you an fst graduate or undergraduate
Re: Food Science Technology As A Career by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 21, 2014
pwreshbawz:
hello awayu. are you an fst graduate or undergraduate

Graduate now
Re: Food Science Technology As A Career by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 22, 2014
candygosh:

Graduate now
okay. so wah do u do for a living

(1) (Reply)

Which Is Actually More Important, Your Degree Or Work Experience? / Annoying Habits Of Co-workers / Business Intelligence Career in Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.