Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,001 members, 7,799,434 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

Pregnancy And Labour Pains - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pregnancy And Labour Pains (6452 Views)

I Need Som1 In Abuja Who Can Take Care Of My Pregnancy And Adopt The Baby / 10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor / Pregnancy And Agression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by mamaput(f): 7:20pm On Apr 27, 2006
I have just up loded a new pic in hottest female . side 42 0r is it 43.
she made the pic yesterday.
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by O4real(m): 7:30pm On Apr 27, 2006
pls send me a direct link on the upload
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by mamaput(f): 7:33pm On Apr 27, 2006
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by eveseh(f): 7:49pm On Apr 27, 2006
it hurt,my mother says
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by O4real(m): 8:04pm On Apr 27, 2006
hey eveseh, how are u coping 2 with that runaway guy!
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by eveseh(f): 8:43pm On Apr 27, 2006
O4real:

hey eveseh, how are u coping 2 with that runaway guy!

whick runaway guy?
is that?
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by chinani(f): 10:04pm On Apr 27, 2006
My mother had a CS for my younger siblings. Her cut is vertical and you can still see it even though the CS was in 1989-1991. It isn't pretty. embarassed lipsrsealed The thing about CS is that after you have it done, apparently natural births is more "complicated" and "not recommended". I'm not a mother but I heard that on DISCOVERY HEALTH & from my prof. in college. Also, scar tissue builds us so Docs don't want to cut t/o scar tissue so you may have several cuts for several kids. I'm guessing my mom's visable scar is from only 1 of my bros.

As for me, I'm going to try my best to do a natural birth when the time comes. Why? B/c [b](a)[/b]some of the things I hear about epidurals I don't like & [b](b)[/b]I hear there is a pain plateau during childbirth and that most women ask for epidurals when they reach their plateau but only b/c they think the pain will get worse.
However, if it gets too rough: I'm juicin' baby. Believe that. wink
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by lauryn(f): 1:44am On Apr 28, 2006
@ Lioness.
The pain is undescribable, thats the word i can use. Its not a pain that makes u cry, it hurts so much that u cant afford to cry, but then again if u do cry, its all good.
About the epidural, not advisable to take due to side effects, but then again, the pain is unbearable, to its understandable if u do take it and worry about side effects later on.
But its an experience, after delivery u would never feel the pain again, but can only imagine it.
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by Ndipe(m): 3:08am On Apr 28, 2006
@my2cents.

Yeah, I am from Akwa Ibom. Ake Ka Nwed ke Aunty Margaret? My cousins also went there too. Along Marian Road. Me, na old boy of Unical Staff School.

Later.
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by dearzi(f): 6:20pm On Apr 28, 2006
@ Lauryn

Can you please tell me what the side effects of epidurals are? cuz lazy moi, i'm thinking of getting one when the time comes.
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by cabali(m): 8:45pm On Apr 29, 2006
sorry am in the wrong forum this is all very scary!
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by chinani(f): 8:47pm On Apr 29, 2006
@Cabali
This is real womanhood here! Scary huh? You get to hold your nice baby boy but wifey has to make him fit!!!
K, I'm gonna go pop an Aspirin after thinking of it. Go call your mom & show love. smiley
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by cabali(m): 9:01pm On Apr 29, 2006
i definitely will and i plan to be with sweety when she is in the delivery room for my baby for sure! i want to be the first to know!
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by Zahymaka(m): 9:08pm On Apr 29, 2006
cabali:

i definitely will and i plan to be with sweety when she is in the delivery room for my baby for sure! i want to be the first to know!

That's my man.
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by mycutiepie(f): 4:19am On Apr 30, 2006
There are always two sides of a coin, so it's applicable to pregancy and labour. We just have to believe in God and make Him the controller of our life. My experience been pregnant was great, whenever i tell people, it's so hard for them to believe. I never got sick after the first sickness i had and that was because it was a new phase with my body system, rushed to the hospital and was told i was pregnant. cheesy

After that sickness, i was healthy and strong till the 9th month, didn't had any cause to use any medication. went into labour like 7 days before the time and that day, i never knew it was labor though i had this cramp and was taken to the hospital. The nurses went through the options of epidural with me byut i stood my groung to say no to all their options. I told them i want a natural birth because epidural do have side effects. To me, it's not the best winkAnd guess what? I had my baby less than an hour. It was sort of like mixed feeling, painful and not. And the doctors were like" whao, we wish we can be getting patients like u". It was a wonderful one and am always happy seeing my beautiful angel grow. Can't wait to go through the labor again cheesy.

Am wishing you the safest delivery
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by mikun(f): 5:58pm On Apr 30, 2006
Someone said no two pregnancies and labours are the same, but for me they were quite similar.

My 2 pregnancies were both straigh forward, no morning sickness, no cravings , I could cook and eat without any problems, did put on weight even thought I didn't pig out but lost the weight within 6 weeks of having the babies without trying but I believe my tummy went down because of only breasfeeding.

The first time I tried not to go to the hospital too early, as a first time mom I didn't want to be sent back, but my friend who is medical doctor decided to check how far dilated I was and she was surprised I was 6cm and still at home, we decided to head off to the hospital at this stage cos we knew we couldn't be sent back, my husband was too excited and I just wanted to get the baby out, my bags were already packed because baby was ten days late already, basically labour started around 12am and had the baby before 7am in the morning. I asked for epidural but was told I was too far gone so had him with gas and air, couldn't push because they gave me pethidine which made me sleepy and didn't do anything for me for the pain, vowed never to go there again .
Anyway I was sleeping when I was meant to push and tore really badly.

Second time by the time I got to the hospital I was 8cm gone so too late for epidural again, turned down pethidine and really concentrated so as not to tear like first time. Baby came within an hour or two and no tear.
I was more in control the second time because I believe I was prepared , I didn't want another tear , (for me that was the worst thing that happened to me ). I pushed only when I was told to and stopped once I was told to stop, not like the first time that I just wanted the baby out to get over the whole thing.

The two times they had to break my waters, dunno why and it stang like mad

The pain was bad but the second time was not too bad, I am grateful to God that everytime I contracted my cervix was opening up and my pain was not in vain as it happens unfortunately to some ladies.

Also I always prayed for short labours , I believe that my faith has to be bigger for a pain free labour which does happen for others. I know 2 ladies who had pain free labours.
Maybe if I am having a third one I might start believing God for that but I know we have stopped.

Child birth is definately a wonderful thing, my husband was in the position to appreciate it more than myself because he saw everything as they were unfolding according to him the greatest moment was when he saw the head, he is also also always the firt to grab the babies and come and see the way he starts to decree blessings on his boys, I am sure the doctors and nurses have seen all sorts, he will be speaking in tongues and praying in English and yoruba because at that stage I am always too weak to pray except for the second time that I was only able to pray in tongue as I was pushing.
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by lauryn(f): 2:01pm On May 01, 2006
@ Dearzi
The most common side effect is back pains, and trust me I'm feelin that sh*t like hell right now. I can't even bend for a minute, it hurts like hell. But then again, everyone's body is different, some feel it some don't. The weirdest part of it is that, the friggin doctor even has the guts to show u the needle, its the longest needle I've ever seen all my life. Not trying to scare u, but DANG, it is long!
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by luc966(f): 8:45pm On May 03, 2006
jus coz u hav a baby yung dnt make u a bad mother it aint da end of the world!
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by dearzi(f): 8:39pm On May 04, 2006
Mikun,
You just gave me a rhema--as long as i'm conscious during the birth, i'll be speaking in tongues. Gosh! i love your faith and that of your husband's. The Lord will increase you and yours to train up your children in the way they should go.

@ Lauryn
Thanks for the information, i'd not have known.
Re: Pregnancy And Labour Pains by tpia5: 10:19pm On Jul 08, 2013
Ndipe: @my2cents.

Yeah, I am from Akwa Ibom.

that's interesting, i thought you were from calabar.

are there any actual calabar people in this place, or are all the calabar people akwa ibomites.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Myths About Introverts / Home Made Pap / I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.