Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,410 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique (12483 Views)

Nollywood Actress, Lizzy Gold Shows Off Sexy Body One Month After Baby’s Birth / Beyoncé Steps Out In Grand Style For The First Time Since Baby’s Birth / Shakira Vs Beyonce Who Shake The Most? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique by mrkels(m): 10:13pm On Dec 28, 2012

Thursday evening, the Internet was buzzing with news that Shakira had given birth to her son. And, for good reason: Her boyfriend Gerard Pique tweeted about it!
The Spanish footballer wrote about the birth of their first child in Spanish: "Ya ha nacido nuestro hijo! Estamos muy felices! Gracias a todos por vuestros mensajes!" Translated: "Our son has been born! We are very happy! Thanks to all for your messages."
Well, there's one slight issue: It was Día de los Santos Inocentes (Day of Innocents), a holiday recognized in Spain and Mexico that's sorta kinda like April Fool's Day. It's full of pranks and tomfoolery to celebrate Mary and Joseph tricking King Herod by smuggling Jesus out of Bethlehem before he could kill him.
So, it's believed that Pique decided to trick all of his 4. 7 million Twitter followers into believing he'd become a dad, in honor of the holiday. All in good fun, right?
Shakira is actually supposed to give birth in mid-January. She was most recently seen out on Christmas Day shopping for gifts in Barcelona. While it is possible that she did actually give birth, her own Twitter page has been silent since Monday and it's likelier that she's hanging out enjoying her last month of pregnancy and getting ready to usher in 2013.
SOURCE
Re: Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 28, 2012
Na wa for Piqué. I feel stupid lol.

1 Like

Re: Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 28, 2012
Didn't they see her bulging tommy before breaking the news?
Re: Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique by homesteady(m): 11:58pm On Dec 28, 2012
soo...pique u fooled me?? If not i'm a barca Fan....i would have told sango to bite yur wife womb

4 Likes

Re: Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique by HyconBc: 12:01am On Dec 29, 2012
Congrats Pique
Re: Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique by Nobody: 12:03am On Dec 29, 2012
el esposo de shakira es tonto tongue
Re: Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique by lafuria1(m): 12:04am On Dec 29, 2012
today is APRIL FOOLS day in spain....is alright
Re: Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique by TeenageMoney(m): 12:05am On Dec 29, 2012
We dn postd news for iur blog already sef... She go still borrn am sha

1 Like

Re: Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique by Nobody: 12:05am On Dec 29, 2012
So there is holiday today in Spain and Mexico ? I wish Jonathan can also declare january 6 a public holiday too to commemorate the Epiphany of christ. grin

2 Likes

Re: Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique by huninaija(f): 12:14am On Dec 29, 2012
Silly clownsss... I gave away my "congrats" for nortin.. Foolish man!
Re: Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique by Teejayphillip(m): 12:17am On Dec 29, 2012
lolz.... Pique dey disturb elders... i SMH 4 u where eva u dey
Re: Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 29, 2012
Wetin concern me wit beyonce b4, Abeg make i sleep joor..
Re: Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique by Nobody: 12:21am On Dec 29, 2012
huni_naija: Silly clownsss... I gave away my "congrats" for nortin.. Foolish man!

You get receipt? Ask for refund na lol.
Re: Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique by tobounty(m): 12:27am On Dec 29, 2012
Drock4christ: Wetin concern me wit beyonce b4, Abeg make i sleep joor..
Re: Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique by virusdacramil(m): 12:34am On Dec 29, 2012
Reminds Me Of The Story Of The Man That Cried Wolf*** Let Them Not Be Suprised When They Dont Get Any Attention Or Congrate Message When The Baby Is Actually Born....

Btw they can name the Child BORN AGAIN Then sha..

Laughs in kenyan accent..

3 Likes

Re: Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique by slimyem: 12:35am On Dec 29, 2012
Its simple..
Come mid-January when Shakira has her baby,don't say "congratulations" since you already said one in advance!cheesygrin
Re: Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique by huninaija(f): 12:41am On Dec 29, 2012
ogugua88:

You get receipt? Ask for refund na lol.

grin grin grin
Re: Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique by Stegomiah: 12:45am On Dec 29, 2012
Mourinho dey cry, ronaldo dey vex nd Barca dey top table; pique is a happy man so he can do wateva he likes
Re: Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique by Auspeeis2gbaski(f): 1:01am On Dec 29, 2012
grin[/color]
virusdacramil: Reminds Me Of The Story Of The Man That Cried Wolf*** Let Them Not Be Suprised When They Dont Get Any Attention Or Congrate Message When The Baby Is Actually Born....

[color=#770077]
virusdacramil: Reminds Me Of The Story Of The Man That Cried Wolf*** Let Them Not Be Suprised When They Dont Get Any Attention Or Congrate Message When The Baby Is Actually Born....

Re: Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique by Nobody: 2:11am On Dec 29, 2012
Hycon Bc: Congrats Pique

did u read the story grin grin
Re: Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique by Nobody: 2:15am On Dec 29, 2012

nairalanders sha grin grin
Re: Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique by justsayemma(m): 2:23am On Dec 29, 2012
Pk,I bin wan cal u bush ostrich,bt because of u b my padi 4 Barca, notin do u,fool us mo grin

1 Like

Re: Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique by Nobody: 2:24am On Dec 29, 2012
angry

And I fell for it. undecided
Re: Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique by kaymolla(m): 3:36am On Dec 29, 2012
Ȋ̊ actually fell for daT.....stil wish her safe delivery wen it aCtually happens......
Re: Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique by Chanchit: 4:17am On Dec 29, 2012
Pk u want make I command ur wife to born fool..!? Anyway I hope u give birth to a better footballer, cos I like u before, but now u kick one ball three times.

1 Like

Re: Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique by Sallychizzl3: 4:32am On Dec 29, 2012
Na wa o. Wea u kip ur glasses
Re: Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique by Shaw007(m): 4:47am On Dec 29, 2012
homesteady: soo...pique u fooled me?? If not i'm a barca Fan....i would have told sango to bite yur wife womb
sangO no get moUth 4 spain Jhortongue
Re: Shakira's Baby Birth News Was A Prank By Pique by ortopazz(m): 6:29am On Dec 29, 2012
So mary bin folo do herod aprii fooooo.ol? Pique me no lyk u na shakira i lyk, thank jah say we komot our pix 4rm madrid. Sha cngratz b4hand

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chika Ike = Nollywood's Beauty In The Making! / Vic O Trending On Twitter After Promising His Fans N500K / Meet The Man Who Has Enlarged His P*nis With Silicone Injections To Half A Stone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.