Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

My Letter To The Graduating Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Letter To The Graduating Students (821 Views)

4 Nigerians Emerge Best Graduating Students At Dillard University, U.S- Photos / Uniport Graduates 41 First Class Out Of 18000 Graduating Students / List Of Best Graduating Students In Nigeria Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Letter To The Graduating Students by semochendo1(m): 7:53am On Dec 30, 2012
Here comes my rhapsody of reality..

When u check the status updates of most graduating students,you can easily figure out how happy they are,which of course,is worth more than jubilation/celebration,not only bcs u r getting out of the world of academic stress,but bcs u gained admission together with many, wch are not graduating with u tday,some were Tsunamized(the term used in UI for students that are advised to withraw for not meeting up with d required CGPA),some died,some with their faith yet unknown wether or not graduating.. For u to b sure u r graduating.. I say a big CONGRATULATIONS.

Much as I would like to congratulate u,I want to drop some salient points of acrimonious truth. A deep thinkin man will kno that graduating from the university is the greatest challenge,not just bcs u'll be joining millions of other graduates who are yet to secure jobs,bt bcs of the nature of the country we find ourselves,where adequate measures are not in place to rescue this pathetic trend.

Now your pocket money stops,your parents begin to ask u to bring ur fiance(for most ladies),u begin to look for job like a begger.. Among many other challenges I cant begin to metion,untill u get there. Then u av a full grasp of the rotten status of a country,who has not secured the future of its youths..

This post do not intend to scare anyone at all,but to get u prepared for d challenges ahead. While rounding up my service couple of months ago,we were frankly told to go and learn hand works as the dream for a white collar job might be an execise in futility,I bowd my head in shame n rejected it with many others.. But today,where are many of us? Thank God for mine though..
Re-awake/tap ur enterpreneural skills,look arround u, explore and fashion out d busines or the services u can render.. Remember,for u to b successful,u think beyond d box,do not what everyone is doing,then u'll make what no one ever made..

Much as I congratulate u,I sincerely implore you all to start running now before u get somthing chasing u.. Get something doing! All d best!
Re: My Letter To The Graduating Students by outrage: 9:25am On Dec 30, 2012
Wow! Is this how bad the situation has gotten, I have been coming across similar topics lately on 'how to be an Entrepreneur'
Its nice for yout to give us the heads up. Thank you
Re: My Letter To The Graduating Students by pwiz(m): 10:37am On Dec 30, 2012
True yan, better talk.
Re: My Letter To The Graduating Students by Usguy(m): 7:24pm On Dec 30, 2012
I never knew that naija still have youth who can sit down and write down something inovative.I hope you can put this in ur cv.
Re: My Letter To The Graduating Students by semochendo1(m): 4:20pm On Jan 10, 2013
outrage: Wow! Is this how bad the situation has gotten, I have been coming across similar topics lately on 'how to be an Entrepreneur'
Its nice for yout to give us the heads up. Thank you
You are most welcome.. the situation is truely worse that u can ever picture.
Re: My Letter To The Graduating Students by semochendo1(m): 4:22pm On Jan 10, 2013
Usguy: I never knew that naija still have youth who can sit down and write down something inovative.I hope you can put this in ur cv.
thanks.. put what in my cv? the write up?
Re: My Letter To The Graduating Students by semochendo1(m): 4:26pm On Jan 10, 2013
How i wish this can make the front page,so that both graduating students n copas that will be passing out this coming feb 14th can prepare themselves for this challenge ahead... its a wakeup call.

(1) (Reply)

Information About UNISA / Redeemer's University Diploma Programmes / Sheffield University Scholarships For Students From Nigeria 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.