Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers (16119 Views)

Lagos Guys Are Becoming Gold Diggers / How I Dealt With A Female Gold Digger.........(PHOTOS) / When Gold-diggers Strike...lol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Sweetgurl2(f): 3:33pm On Dec 30, 2012
Gold digging occurs in every country including western nations. However, it seems like Nigerians have taking it to the EXTREME. For the sake of the post i would focus on Nigeria and my observation.

From my observation from Nollywood movies (shocked? yes...i watch them lol), nairaland and the few Nigerians I know who live there, gold digging is an epidemic in Nigeria, particularly among women (young women to be precise). I notice that on all the threads that i have read to do with relationship on NL gold digging is mentioned. Some men vent their anger and despise of the act and some even go as far as insulting women because they have been hurt and taking advantage of. I must point out that MEN are to be blamed for the increasing rate of female gold diggers in Nigeria. So men, before you insult your ex girlfriend, fiancée, wife or the lady you currently have your eyes set upon but cannot afford, turn to your male friend and blame him for the situation. There are a few reasons why I say its men’s fault. Please read carefully.

1. Men give it free . Why would a girl bother when she can get it free Don’t get me wrong, give her gifts because you want to NOT because she asks. If doesn’t have the money, encourage her to get a job, pay half or make a deal with her of some sort (work out a way for her to pay you back with money NOT sex. You should only pay p.rostitutes for s.ex (unless she is one). Buying her whatever she wants doesn’t help her develop.

2. The meaning of love can be redefined based on experience and familiarity. If the last 3 men your girlfriend had dated or the last 20 men that have chased her have given her material things to show their love for her... she begins to identify materialism and gifts as love, which is why she may expect the same from you if you love her.

3. Men pay to keep. As long a man continues to buy a woman what she want and give her money to keep her, she will continue to expect it and more. She is threatening you, let her go or get her help.

4. Men like to show off. According to Foxnews, “Men would buy a Porsche because they believe it makes them more attractive to women “. Men who use their money to attract women are telling women that they have plenty more where that come from and would be happy to spend it on them. This can be compared to a lady who dresses like a w.hore and flaunts herself to man. She is saying “im available for s.ex”. She’s advertising her body, his advertising his money

Men, please stop blaming the women and start blaming men for female gold diggers. If they are no males giving ther would be no females expecting. Remember: it all started with one man, and the girl did what most girls would do and spread the word. smiley. If it started with a man giving it can end with a man not giving.

25 Likes

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by vislabraye(m): 3:54pm On Dec 30, 2012
I hear you.
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by larrymoore(m): 4:14pm On Dec 30, 2012
Hmmm! Your opinions dig on relevant trend in d contemporary society, such as ours. I hope we both i.e male n female make amend to avoid name calling of such rather than joining d band wagon. Thxs.
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Dsage1: 4:16pm On Dec 30, 2012
@op, since you're not a male, you cannot know how the men feel when they meet a lady they really love especially beautiful one. It's natural my dear.

Men are not to be blame but those women that often demanded materials things with the aim of paying back by sex.

5 Likes

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by k2039: 4:43pm On Dec 30, 2012
[color=soyouquotedme]When a man flaunts his wealth to attract a woman and later call her a gold digger shows his stupidity.

You showed the girl that you are a gold mine and you expect a materialistic girl not to dig that mine with the current state of the nation.

A gold digger only exists when there is a gold mine. If you attracted her with your wealth, it simply meant you played a game on her with your wealth and she also played her game by siphoning your wealth.
[/color]

15 Likes

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Sweetgurl2(f): 4:54pm On Dec 30, 2012
@K2039... Well said! Thanks for elaborating on point #4. smiley
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 30, 2012
lol...this thread will be filled with most men saying the ladies are to be blamed while the ladies will return the favour and blame the men for gold digging.

To be honest, both parties are to be equally blamed coupled with our harsh economy.

In the men's part, you'll see a guy entering his jeep to impress a lady he just saw and when he eventually makes contact, he will be like " hi babe,you look lovely.i wanna take you out to any restaurant/hotel of your choice and spoil you silly".this thought process has been passed down from one person to another.it's so sad.

On the ladies part, i've heard countless times where ladies say "i'll never marry a poor man or any man that is not very rich.any man that can't afford my expenses don't deserve to marry me".when ladies make up their minds to snub any average guy saying "na LOVE i go chop", then you'll agree with me that they are at fault too

coming to the economy angle, our economy is so hard for an average person to survive so the ladies tens to go for the rich guys(nobody loves suffering).in developed countries, most at times, an average man or woman owns his/her own car, pays his/her bills and got his/her own apartment.meaning that he/she can afford to take care of his partner bills without much complain.

So simply put, both parties are at fault.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 30, 2012
How can I take the blame of st! pid beings.. pls re-define your topic before I vex..

"Parents are to be blamed for female gold-diggers"

If their respective fathers and mothers gave them the right training and money, then why would they go astray¿

...Next time you see a gold-digger, arrest her mother/father. (For trafficking, Child abuse).

8 Likes

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 30, 2012
k2039: [color=soyouquotedme]
A gold digger only exists when there is a gold mine. If you attracted her with your wealth, it simply meant you played a game on her with your wealth and she also played her game.
[/color]

yep you're right but in naija, it has gotten to a sorry state where without money, you'll hardly find a girl of your own as evidenced here too in NL where you'll see advice such as " GUY, GO MAKE MONEY AND THAT CHICK WEY DEY SNUB YOU GO BE YOUR OWN"

2 Likes

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 30, 2012
acidosis™:
How can I take the blame of st! pid beings.. pls re-define your topic before I vex..

"Parents are to be blamed for female gold-diggers"

If their respective fathers and mothers gave them the right training and money, then why would they go astray¿

...Next time you see a gold-digger, arrest her mother/father. (For trafficking, Child abuse).

lwkmd...acid, you dey vex o..buwahahahahahaahah...i feel your pain but i agree that parental upbringing is a contributing factor too.some peeps have been spoiled silly with money, that all they ever see or think about is money.

1 Like

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Sweetgurl2(f): 5:16pm On Dec 30, 2012
lalaosky:

yep you're right but in naija, it has gotten to a sorry state where without money, you'll hardly find a girl of your own as evidenced here too in NL where you'll see advice such as " GUY, GO MAKE MONEY AND THAT CHICK WEY DEY SNUB YOU GO BE YOUR OWN"

I read ur cooment and yeh both males and females are to be blamed. But males even more... because i think they have the power to change it. The level of gold digging in Nigerian is beyond any other... lol. Sad ey?
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 30, 2012
Sweet.gurl:

I read ur cooment and yeh both males and females are to be blamed. The level of gold digging is Nigerian is beyond any other... lol. Sad ey?

true that...if i should i blame the women for gold digging, i should be able to swallow my pride and blame the men too for using money to find love/punny.both parties are to be blamed IMHO

if you blame the men more, then i blame the women even " MORER"(whatever that means).it takes two to tangle so the change starts with both of us(men and women).
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 30, 2012
lalaosky:

lwkmd...acid, you dey vex o..buwahahahahahaahah...i feel your pain but i agree that parental upbringing is a contributing factor too.some peeps have been spoiled silly with money, that all they ever see or think about is money.

exactly, brother.. Na so I see am

#TheMinistryIsMatchingForward.
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 30, 2012
acidosis™:

exactly, brother.. Na so I see am

#TheMinistryIsMatchingForward.

lol...na me go be the offering collector when this ministry finally moves to its permanent site o

1 Like

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 30, 2012
lalaosky:

lol...na me go be the offering collector when this ministry finally moves to its permanent site o

grin grin grin I no trust you in that aspect.. grin grin
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 30, 2012
The blame game is getting boring now... How about women taking responsibilities for their own actions?? If you're a gold digger, you're like that because you chose to be like that - end of... Most women are naturally needy and the lure of material things and "lifestyle" are the reasons why women are gold diggers...

In summary, women are gold diggers because they want to be gold diggers, period... grin

9 Likes

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 30, 2012
shymexx: In summary, women are gold diggers because they want to be gold diggers, period... grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Goldieluks: 5:49pm On Dec 30, 2012
shymexx: The blame game is getting boring now... How about women taking responsibilities for their own actions?? If you're a gold digger, you're like that because you chose to be like that - end of... Most women are naturally needy and the lure of material things and "lifestyle" are the reasons why women are gold diggers...

In summary, women are gold diggers because they want to be gold diggers, period... grin

That's one hell of a baseless conclusion.

2 Likes

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by shizzle11(m): 5:55pm On Dec 30, 2012
Op, brilliant observations!

I agree with Ɣ☺ΰ on those points except #4. I dunno why Ɣ☺ΰ hav
E †ђξ impression that men buy big cars to impress girls. I believe most men buy big cars not just cos they can afford it but because its their taste. If Ɣ☺ΰ have enough to buy a bigger car and Ɣ☺ΰ go for it, its not necessarily because Ɣ☺ΰ want to show off or portray yourself as as a gold to be dug by women as K3209 are trying to make it look but because that's what Ɣ☺ΰ feel okay/happy to have

1 Like

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by huninaija(f): 5:57pm On Dec 30, 2012
Here we go again playing the blame game...you'd be surprised that this epidemic tends to be encouraged more in america, nigeria is just catching up, america don graduate to phd level in goldiggism over a decade ago, quote me anywhere grin

@OP both are to blame.. Monkey see as monkey do grin The men are to blamed for allowing themselves to be used as a bank/savings account, the women are to be blamed for patronising these types of men and allowing there bodies to be used like a theme park.. At the end of the day both parties are using themselves to either become rich or to have free/bought for punny..

Let these types of people continue to use themselves and leave the good folks alone to function in a normal enabled environment.. Shikena

2 Likes

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 30, 2012
Goldieluks:

That's one hell of a baseless conclusion.

How's it baseless?? And when are women going to start taking responsibilities for their actions??

So, because I spend my money on myself to live an expensive lifestyle, that means women have to gold dig me, no?? If men are to be blamed for women being gold diggers, then women are to be blamed for men being casanovas(promiscuous)... Because women are willing tools in the act as well..

Most women want a lifestyle they can't afford and their only "means" to that "end" is the opposite sex, yet they want to blame men for that inglorious stupidity - pathetic!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Sweetgurl2(f): 6:05pm On Dec 30, 2012
I know females have a part to play. I just think men have the power to change things.
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 30, 2012
The change has to come from women, there's nothing men can do about it than just play the game..

1 Like

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by huninaija(f): 6:11pm On Dec 30, 2012
Women have the power to change alot of things if only they knew... If women behaved liked ladies and had some self-worth. Men would have no choice but to sit up and change or remain a looser.. If this was to happen, ashawoism syndrome would go out of business tho.. Can you men handle that?? Lmao grin

3 Likes

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 30, 2012
huni_naija:
Monkey see as monkey do grin The men are to blamed for allowing themselves to be used as a bank/savings account, the women are to be blamed for patronising these types of men and allowing there bodies to be used like a theme park.. At the end of the day both parties are using themselves to either become rich or to have free/bought for punny..

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

In Economics they call it Trade by Barter smiley

1 Like

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by huninaija(f): 6:15pm On Dec 30, 2012
acidosis™:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

In Economics they call it Trade by Barter smiley

grin grin grin

In Golddiggism they call it "Do me i Do you".... Hehehhe grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 30, 2012
huni_naija:

grin grin grin

In Golddiggism they call it "Do me i Do you".... Hehehhe grin grin cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin Are you a bonafide student of Gold Academy? grin grin
grin

2 Likes

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Goldieluks: 6:20pm On Dec 30, 2012
[quote author=shymexx]

How's it baseless?? And when are women going to start taking responsibilities for their actions??

So, because I spend my money on myself to live an expensive lifestyle, that means women have to gold dig me, no?? If men are to be blamed for women being gold diggers, then women are to be blamed for men being casanovas(promiscuous)... Because women are willing tools in the act as well..

Most women want a lifestyle they can't afford an
d their only "means" to that "end" is the opposite sex, yet they want to blame men for that inglorious stupidity - pathetic! [/quote]

Your right about most women wanting to live a life style they themselves cannot afford. But in most cases, the so called rich men always prefers to flaunt their assets and affluent life style on the woman, especially on a first meeting.

I have watched most Nollywood movies and heard stories too. Most Nigerian men would not even bother asking a lady out by themselves, you see some sat in their big cars asking their driver to do the wooing and stuffs. And the first word that comes out of his mouth is "I own this and that company" or "am the chairman or owner of this and that oil well". What are these men trying to portray, and what are they driving at.

Am not saying it is a must for a lady to fall for these so-called rich men, but when your with a guy who is always on about money money money. Then you should be ready to get digged out by most ladies.

This goldigging problem lies in the hands of men especially. If you are a man who is bloody rich, go undercover, and allow the lady to fall in love with you with her heart instead of her head.
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 30, 2012
Ashaoism a la lashing different women is also a lifestyle and a "blow back" because of the gold digging ways of women... You'd be surprised that most promiscuous guys are guys who never used to get a "look in" from women till they got rich/famous... Hence, why they go about lashing as many women as possible to make-up for what they missed out on when they were broke and unwanted... grin When women stop gold digging and giving free pum for material things, men will adjust and get back to chivalry and being faithful... grin

Not blaming women, though... cool

2 Likes

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by huninaija(f): 6:23pm On Dec 30, 2012
acidosis™:

grin grin grin grin grin Are you a bonafide student of Gold Academy? grin grin
grin

Hehehe that one too dey? See me thinking it was platinum university of diamonds academy all this while grin grin tongue

1 Like

Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 30, 2012
Sweet.gurl:
I know females have a part to play. I just think men have the power to change things.

Sweetgurl, if dats you in your pic, I wouldn't mind flaunting my greatgrandpa's properties for you to come and dig my gold grin
Re: MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 30, 2012
Goldieluks: Your right about most women wanting to live a life style they themselves cannot afford. But in most cases, the so called rich men always prefers to flaunt their assets and affluence life style on the woman, especially on a first meeting.

I have watched most Nollywood movies and heard stories too. Most Nigerian men would not even bother asking a lady out by themselves, you see some sat in their big cars asking their driver to do the wooing and stuffs. And the first word that comes out of his mouth is "I own this and that company" or "am the chairman or owner of this and that oil well". What are these men trying to portray, and what are they driving at.

Am not saying it is a must for a lady to fall for these so-called rich men, but when your with a guy who is always on about money money money. Then you should be ready to get digged out by most ladies.

This goldigging problem lies in the hands of men especially. If you are a man who is bloody rich, go undercover, and allow the lady to fall in love with you with her heart instead of her head.

Why shouldn't I flaunt what I have got?? Flaunting what you worked for doesn't give anyone any right to start gold digging - women need to learn how to get their own shyte and stop trying to reap where they didn't sow... That's why I agree with certain aspects of feminism!!

If superficial things can make women(esp. black women) give up their morals, standards, self-respect, dignity etc. just to live a lifestyle - that shows how messed up their mentality is...

Damn! I wish I was born in the stone age when men had to fight wrestling matches to win the heart of a woman... Days when women go for potentials and strive to build empires with their partners.... grin

Dear lawd, can you get the time machine and take me back to the stone age?!?!?! grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Potency Of The Drug 'super Apeti' / Top Ten Most Pretty Nairalanders Every Guy Would Wish To Kiss. / Black Is Beautiful: Top Ten African Countries With The Most Beautiful Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.