Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Culture Where People Walk Half-Unclad Still Exist In Nigeria Of 21st Century - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Culture Where People Walk Half-Unclad Still Exist In Nigeria Of 21st Century (8881 Views)

Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom / [must Read] 10 Barbaric Practices That Still Exist In Nigeria Today / Why Do Black People Walk With A Limp? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Culture Where People Walk Half-Unclad Still Exist In Nigeria Of 21st Century by Caliente(m): 8:02pm On Dec 30, 2012
Funny? Weird? Unbelievable? In this 21st century people still flaunt this kinda fashion. I feel like Im watching a still shot from "The Gods Must Be Crazy" Bad market for louis vuitton and co lol. All those designers stuff is garbage to this ones. The place is Adamawa in Nigeria. The place is called Koma Hills. Some do not even wear anything at all.
http://www.rhipplemedia.com/2012/05/unclothed-culture-out-of-adamawa.html

Re: Culture Where People Walk Half-Unclad Still Exist In Nigeria Of 21st Century by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 30, 2012
im sure pagan_9ja would be thrilled to read this..
oh but then again according to him Africans don't/never did walk about nuude. tongue grin

#slayed.
Re: Culture Where People Walk Half-Unclad Still Exist In Nigeria Of 21st Century by iweoru: 8:25pm On Dec 30, 2012
So what? How does this impact the course of Nigeria? Wearing clothes doesn't make you more ethical or moral than someone who doesn't.
Re: Culture Where People Walk Half-Unclad Still Exist In Nigeria Of 21st Century by carzola(m): 8:34pm On Dec 30, 2012
how dos dat improve d lite situatn or d price of kilichi?
Re: Culture Where People Walk Half-Unclad Still Exist In Nigeria Of 21st Century by Blyss: 8:36pm On Dec 30, 2012
Caliente: Funny? Weird? Unbelievable? In this 21st century people still flaunt this kinda fashion. I feel like Im watching a still shot from "The Gods Must Be Crazy" Bad market for louis vuitton and co lol. All those designers stuff is garbage to this ones. The place is Adamawa in Nigeria. The place is called Koma Hills. Some do not even wear anything at all.

So this is an oddity to most Nigerians? Interesting, upon one of my visits to Naija I was lucky to catch a tour through the Mountains in Adamawa and Taraba and seen quite a few villages where the folks still walked around in such attire. undecided
Re: Culture Where People Walk Half-Unclad Still Exist In Nigeria Of 21st Century by Caliente(m): 9:51pm On Dec 30, 2012
@iwe oru do you come from a community with a culture? does it impact on the course of nigeria?
Re: Culture Where People Walk Half-Unclad Still Exist In Nigeria Of 21st Century by iweoru: 10:05pm On Dec 30, 2012
It seems you misunderstand my question. How does their attire or lack there-of draw attention to issues such as sanitation, security, education, healthcare, economic development, trade, electricity, population growth, civil wars, etc? What is the purpose of the post? Is their way of living having a detrimental impact on Nigerian society as a whole?

Caliente: @iwe oru do you come from a community with a culture? does it impact on the course of nigeria?
Re: Culture Where People Walk Half-Unclad Still Exist In Nigeria Of 21st Century by ezotik: 10:30pm On Dec 30, 2012
funny they found cloth to tie their hair but can't find one to wrap around their waist. methinks they do it for 'tourist attraction'
Re: Culture Where People Walk Half-Unclad Still Exist In Nigeria Of 21st Century by pleep(m): 6:32am On Dec 31, 2012
Why cant they be attractive? i hate it how they never show the sexy nude tribal women like this;

And i need to see more coochie.. tits get boring after a while.

Re: Culture Where People Walk Half-Unclad Still Exist In Nigeria Of 21st Century by Caliente(m): 6:56am On Dec 31, 2012
@iwe oru
i dint misunderstand your question. I just reported a culture and you are asking me how it affects nigeria's gdp. i ask you again how does your own attire or lack there-of draw attention to issues such as sanitation, security, education, healthcare, economic development, trade, electricity, population growth, civil wars, etc? What is the purpose of your reply? Is your way of living having a beneficial impact on Nigerian society as a whole?
Re: Culture Where People Walk Half-Unclad Still Exist In Nigeria Of 21st Century by Caliente(m): 6:57am On Dec 31, 2012
@ pleep
im sure they very attractive with the clothes off lol badt boy
Re: Culture Where People Walk Half-Unclad Still Exist In Nigeria Of 21st Century by odumchi: 7:41am On Dec 31, 2012
Does wearing clothes equate to "civilization"?

2 Likes

Re: Culture Where People Walk Half-Unclad Still Exist In Nigeria Of 21st Century by iweoru: 1:31pm On Dec 31, 2012
Thanks for the response. I am also flattered that you directly requoted my own question to me without providing a response to the same question. So I will give you my answer in gleeful anticipation that you will reciprocate.

My attire does not affect the direction of Nigeria or Africa's future. It is my thoughts and actions which trump how I look; as should be the case for you or anyone else. A thief can come to you in a suit or rags and he is still a thief irrespective of what he/she wears. Likewise if we were to speak of saints. Would they be less saintly if they were half-clad? I work as a chemical engineering. How I look at my job was never a primary concern of my employers; what I do at work and how I do it is important to them..

Personally I believe NL should be used for more civil and social discourse related to the future of the continent. This is why I asked you how your post contributes to serious discussions.

P.S. When you say you are "just reporting on a culture," make sure that you dont inject your own obsevational bias: In this 21st century people still flaunt this kinda fashion. I feel like Im watching a still shot from "The Gods Must Be Crazy" Bad market for louis vuitton and co lol. . I didn't know they were flaunting this fashion. From the picture it looks like they are embracing their culture. What is wrong then if Louis Vuitton is irrelevant to them? Perhaps you can post more facts about them in the future. I am interested to hear more about them.

Best regards.

Caliente: @iwe oru
i dint misunderstand your question. I just reported a culture and you are asking me how it affects nigeria's gdp. i ask you again how does your own attire or lack there-of draw attention to issues such as sanitation, security, education, healthcare, economic development, trade, electricity, population growth, civil wars, etc? What is the purpose of your reply? Is your way of living having a beneficial impact on Nigerian society as a whole?
Re: Culture Where People Walk Half-Unclad Still Exist In Nigeria Of 21st Century by MMotimo: 2:29pm On Dec 31, 2012
@ 2nd pic - Very pretty girl

1 Like

Re: Culture Where People Walk Half-Unclad Still Exist In Nigeria Of 21st Century by Caliente(m): 2:56pm On Dec 31, 2012
I am also flattered that you directly requoted my own question to me without providing a response to the same question.
I purposely IGNORED your question cuz it was an unnecessary rhetoric which you already know the answer to.

My attire does not affect the direction of Nigeria or Africa's future.
Between, some attires are export commodities, economic empowerment.

It is my thoughts and actions which trump how I look; as should be the case for you or anyone else.
Would it be wrong to say that their thoughts and actions forged with culture is manifesting via their mode of dressing?

A thief can come to you in a suit or rags and he is still a thief irrespective of what he/she wears. Likewise if we were to speak of saints. Would they be less saintly if they were half-clad?
Im not talking a behavioural trait in a few individuals, this is the life, the culture of the entire community. They do have thieves dont you think?

I work as a chemical engineering. How I look at my job was never a primary concern of my employers; what I do at work and how I do it is important to them.
Im talking about people's way of life and you are giving me employer-employer relationship lecture. You comparing a portion of your life to this people's entire life? Its a culture they are born into and may likely die in, you will resign, get fired or retire from your job. You get paid to do what you do for your employer. This people are not paid to live their life. What you do and how you do it is important to your employer because he pays you and wants to get the value or more out of you. Of course you know the fiery consequence if you dont perform. If you are a freebie to them, they wont give a damn.

Personally I believe NL should be used for more civil and social discourse related to the future of the continent. This is why I asked you how your post contributes to serious discussions.
If you dont know where you are coming from, you wont know where you are going. So culture, history, photography, etc are not serious discussions? Is a chemical engineer telling me that archeologists are not serious people?

P.S. When you say you are "just reporting on a culture," make sure that you dont inject your own obsevational bias: In this 21st century people still flaunt this kinda fashion. I feel like Im watching a still shot from "The Gods Must Be Crazy" Bad market for louis vuitton and co lol.
Is it a crime to air my view? Im entitled to my opinion like you, you know.

What is wrong then if Louis Vuitton is irrelevant to them?
Then louis vuitton will look for market elsewhere, like your chemical engineering company. Im sure you dont dress like that when the chemicals and engineers collide.

Perhaps you can post more facts about them in the future. I am interested to hear more about them.
You are interested to know more about them? Seriously? Are you kidding me? You failed to see any purpose in the knowledge of their existence, what purpose will knowing more about them be to you that is asking me the purpose of this post?
Re: Culture Where People Walk Half-Unclad Still Exist In Nigeria Of 21st Century by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:21pm On Dec 31, 2012
*Kails*:
im sure pagan_9ja would be thrilled to read this..
oh but then again according to him Africans don't/never did walk about nuude. tongue grin

#slayed.

shutp you st.upid baboon akata man! angry

I never said that we Africans dont go around like this. THis is part of many of our rich tribal cultural traditions, for climate, religious occasions, etc. and is good.
However our tribal brothers and sister never roam around half0clad/unclad for se.xually suggestive reasons,or to make those millions of online p.ornographic content, etc., like what you akatas do.

It is perfectly seen as normal in the villages and these people are simple folk and not dirty minded like you. I have been to Adamawa and i know the Marghyii, who also roam around with their bosom uncovered. it is perfctly normal there and not seen as sexually suggestive.

The negative se.xuality of the west and dirty thinking has not yet hit these areas, by the grace of the Gods.

Try something better next time you useless foolz! Tufia angry

2 Likes

Re: Culture Where People Walk Half-Unclad Still Exist In Nigeria Of 21st Century by Blyss: 4:17pm On Dec 31, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

shutp you st.upid baboon akata man! angry

I never said that we Africans dont go around like this. THis is part of many of our rich tribal cultural traditions, for climate, religious occasions, etc. and is good.
However our tribal brothers and sister never roam around half0clad/unclad for se.xually suggestive reasons,or to make those millions of online p.ornographic content, etc., like what you akatas do.

It is perfectly seen as normal in the villages and these people are simple folk and not dirty minded like you. I have been to Adamawa and i know the Marghyii, who also roam around with their bosom uncovered. it is perfctly normal there and not seen as sexually suggestive.

The negative se.xuality of the west and dirty thinking has not yet hit these areas, by the grace of the Gods.

Try something better next time you useless foolz! Tufia angry

Blah, blah, blah.

4 Likes

Re: Culture Where People Walk Half-Unclad Still Exist In Nigeria Of 21st Century by ba7man(m): 4:46pm On Dec 31, 2012
Anyone that feels so strongly on how people feel about walking around butt naeked might as well strip and do the same. Just remember to dress how u wish to be adressed.
Re: Culture Where People Walk Half-Unclad Still Exist In Nigeria Of 21st Century by iweoru: 1:40am On Jan 01, 2013
Thank you for your honesty. I should then posit that the reason you ignored my question was because you too realize that your initial post wasn't meant to promote positive cultural interest or to add any value for that matter.

You will need to educate me: what/which African attire is an export commodity and provides economic empowerment to the people as you stated? To whom do we export our textiles to and how large is our manufacturing sector for African produced goods which reflect our cultural identity? Or is your statement referring to a general, global viewpoint? In Kano, the traditional centuries-old hand dye process used for clothing is becoming obsolete due to modern, competitive techniques. If tourists are the only ones largely interested in purchasing it, what does it say about our interest in our own culture. This is one example of how we as Africans are at risk of losing a grip on our heritage.

Would it be wrong to say that their thoughts and actions forged with culture is manifesting via their mode of dressing?
It is not wrong to say that their society influences their thoughts and inherently their actions; as do all societies to a measured extent (there is after all free-will).. But from the picture you cannot judge their character based on their appearance, half-clad or not. You would have to interact with them to have a better understanding of their value system and behavior. Which is why I said thoughts and actions take precedence (i.e. trump) appearance.

I don't know whether your original post was intended to evoke a visceral reaction from other commenters. Your first four statements were: Funny? Weird? Unbelievable? In this 21st century people still flaunt this kinda fashion. The intrinsic value of the post was missing: What does cultural identity mean to individuals? How important is the preservation of our identity or others? Are there cultural norms we are willing to let go of? Why or why not? How does who we are or who we were affect where we are heading (as a nation, as a continent, as a world)?

Do you see how the questions I asked differ from the question you opened the post with? That is what social and cultural discourse (or any discourse for that matter) is about. Asking purposeful, evocative questions to prompt people to think deeply.

Another thing that troubled me was when you said this: You failed to see any purpose in the knowledge of their existence, what purpose will knowing more about them be to you that is asking me the purpose of this post? . I never stated nor think that there is no purpose to their existence. I questioned the relevancy of your post which was voyeuristically saying: Come Nairalanders, look at these half-naked people who still exist in the 21st cent. Prepare to be amazed!! . As I said in the previous paragraph, many valuable questions should/could be asked. You had an amazing opportunity to have a great discussion.

You asked me in your previous post whether my way of living has a beneficial impact on Nigerian society. I responded with what I do as my day job which I think made you more upset. Did i misunderstand your question? As a chemical engineer I work on design projects which provide value to people's everyday living. To be an engineer means to to serve the needs of others and not just yourself. It is about identifying, diagnosing and resolving issues to make our existence and impact less detrimental to others and the environment. I'd like to think that in some ways I am helping but I also think I can do more. As a human being I strive to treat people with the utmost respect regardless of appearance and give them the benefit of the doubt as I hope they do with me. Ultimately their thoughts and actions will reveal their true nature. Education is also important to me as i believe education builds character and wisdom and provides adventure and stimulation. I like teaching because I think knowledge should be shared to improve oneself and others. I do these things because I want to; not because my employer tells me to. Does how I dress say anything about my impact on society? No. Does looking at a picture of two indigenous women reveal anything about their societal impact? No. How about that girl in the cargo pants and t-shirt? Hmmm...still No. Had you provided more information on this tribe and explained their customs/traditions, behavior, belief systems, etc would we have a better understanding of their impact? Yes. Did your original post do that? No.

You will always be entitled to your opinion. But freedom of speech means you must also be open to the freedom of others to criticize your opinions/ideas.

I hope you are not upset by this post. I am not trying to shame you. I just want to see constructive topics and discussions.

Caliente: I am also flattered that you directly requoted my own question to me without providing a response to the same question.
I purposely IGNORED your question cuz it was an unnecessary rhetoric which you already know the answer to.

My attire does not affect the direction of Nigeria or Africa's future.
Between, some attires are export commodities, economic empowerment.

It is my thoughts and actions which trump how I look; as should be the case for you or anyone else.

A thief can come to you in a suit or rags and he is still a thief irrespective of what he/she wears. Likewise if we were to speak of saints. Would they be less saintly if they were half-clad?
Im not talking a behavioural trait in a few individuals, this is the life, the culture of the entire community. They do have thieves dont you think?

I work as a chemical engineering. How I look at my job was never a primary concern of my employers; what I do at work and how I do it is important to them.
Im talking about people's way of life and you are giving me employer-employer relationship lecture. You comparing a portion of your life to this people's entire life? Its a culture they are born into and may likely die in, you will resign, get fired or retire from your job. You get paid to do what you do for your employer. This people are not paid to live their life. What you do and how you do it is important to your employer because he pays you and wants to get the value or more out of you. Of course you know the fiery consequence if you dont perform. If you are a freebie to them, they wont give a damn.

If you dont know where you are coming from, you wont know where you are going. So culture, history, photography, etc are not serious discussions? Is a chemical engineer telling me that archeologists are not serious people?

P.S. When you say you are "just reporting on a culture," make sure that you dont inject your own obsevational bias: In this 21st century people still flaunt this kinda fashion. I feel like Im watching a still shot from "The Gods Must Be Crazy" Bad market for louis vuitton and co lol.
Is it a crime to air my view? Im entitled to my opinion like you, you know.

What is wrong then if Louis Vuitton is irrelevant to them?
Then louis vuitton will look for market elsewhere, like your chemical engineering company. Im sure you dont dress like that when the chemicals and engineers collide.

Perhaps you can post more facts about them in the future. I am interested to hear more about them.
You are interested to know more about them? Seriously? Are you kidding me? You failed to see any purpose in the knowledge of their existence, what purpose will knowing more about them be to you that is asking me the purpose of this post?
Re: Culture Where People Walk Half-Unclad Still Exist In Nigeria Of 21st Century by Caliente(m): 6:38pm On Jan 01, 2013
Thank you for your honesty. I should then posit that the reason you ignored my question was because you too realize that your initial post wasn't meant to promote positive cultural interest or to add any value for that matter.
Its not meant to promote positive cultural interest or to add any value for that matter and you have desire to know more. for negative cultural interest?

You will need to educate me: what/which African attire is an export commodity and provides economic empowerment to the people as you stated? To whom do we export our textiles to and how large is our manufacturing sector for African produced goods which reflect our cultural identity? Or is your statement referring to a general, global viewpoint?
It was in global context. Im sure what you wear to work is other culture's export commodity and not your native attire

It is not wrong to say that their society influences their thoughts and inherently their actions; as do all societies to a measured extent (there is after all free-will).. But from the picture you cannot judge their character based on their appearance, half-clad or not. You would have to interact with them to have a better understanding of their value system and behavior. Which is why I said thoughts and actions take precedence (i.e. trump) appearance.

I dint put the picture for you to judge their character, are you psychic? So it will be very unwise for you to do so. I put it their to showcase their mode of dressing, simple. If you cant appreciate or see any value in the culture/post, at least appreciate or value the photographer and his work.

I don't know whether your original post was intended to evoke a visceral reaction from other commenters. Your first four statements were: Funny? Weird? Unbelievable? In this 21st century people still flaunt this kinda fashion.
It simply shows my surprise cuz I never thought it still existed in Nigeria. If a couple things or events dont shock or surprise you, well we are different.

The intrinsic value of the post was missing: What does cultural identity mean to individuals? How important is the preservation of our identity or others? Are there cultural norms we are willing to let go of? Why or why not? How does who we are or who we were affect where we are heading (as a nation, as a continent, as a world)?
Who told you the intrinsic value of the post was missing? Just because you expect a chickenpie and you saw regular meatpie doesnt meant the meatpie is incomplete.

Do you see how the questions I asked differ from the question you opened the post with? That is what social and cultural discourse (or any discourse for that matter) is about. Asking purposeful, evocative questions to prompt people to think deeply.
That your questions are different from mine dont mean mine are useless. Different strokes for different folks. It is purposeful in its comic relief approach.

Another thing that troubled me was when you said this: You failed to see any purpose in the knowledge of their existence, what purpose will knowing more about them be to you that is asking me the purpose of this post? . I never stated nor think that there is no purpose to their existence. I questioned the relevancy of your post.
The purpose of the post was simply to bring their existence to your knowledge which obviously never crossed your mind or you refused to see.

You asked me in your previous post whether my way of living has a beneficial impact on Nigerian society. I responded with what I do as my day job which I think made you more upset. Did i misunderstand your question?
Yes you completely misunderstood the question. By ways of living, I mean culture. The focus here is the culture as manifested via their mode of dressing not there means of livelihood, not values, traits, not mental prowess, impact, etc. You think they dont have people who have your values or even better value than yours? You think they dont have any impact?

Does how I dress say anything about my impact on society? No. Does looking at a picture of two indigenous women reveal anything about their societal impact? No. How about that girl in the cargo pants and t-shirt? Hmmm...still No. Had you provided more information on this tribe and explained their customs/traditions, behavior, belief systems, etc would we have a better understanding of their impact? Yes. Did your original post do that? No.
I more interested in their attire which came as a surprise, you can investigate about their impact. Im sure you dint acquire chemical engineering degree from one lecture, lecturer nor one textbook.

You will always be entitled to your opinion. But freedom of speech means you must also be open to the freedom of others to criticize your opinions/ideas
If Im not open to your criticism of my idea (oh well their fashion is not my idea lol), you think I will burning my bandwith replying you? Its an educative exercise, you may not like my style of reply. But thats my style.

I hope you are not upset by this post. I am not trying to shame you. I just want to see constructive topics and discussions. Upset or shame me? LMAO!!! Please perish that thought, it has no place in reality. One can only succeed in disgusting me by ACTING ALL SAINTLY.
Re: Culture Where People Walk Half-Unclad Still Exist In Nigeria Of 21st Century by iweoru: 8:14pm On Jan 01, 2013
Thanks for clarifying. From your latest post your responses (in bold below) now inform us of the following:
1. Its not meant to promote positive cultural interest or to add any value for that matter
2. I put it their to showcase their mode of dressing, simple.
3. It simply shows my surprise cuz I never thought it still existed in Nigeria.
4. The purpose of the post was simply to bring their existence to your knowledge
5. I more interested in their attire which came as a surprise, you can investigate about their impact.

In summary, we can conclude nothing from the picture. The image offers proof of their existence but offers no information about their culture, social norms or beliefs because it was not your intention to enage the reader beyond looking at a picture and asking how the reader felt that in this day and age some women still walk around t.o.p.less (*gasp* and some walk around with nothing at all!). You didn't want to provide any information about this tribe except for the fact that they do not conform to modern living standards; hence your surprise at their existence. The only thing you were focused on was how they looked. Finally as per point 1. above the purpose of your post is: not meant to promote positive cultural interest or to add any value for that matter .

To NL readers: Should anyone be sincerely interested and want to know more about this village in Adamawa or others like it they will be best served by conducting their own research either through books and other media or by visiting the region. By maintaining a genuine interest in other cultures we can perhaps slow the erosion of cultural identity and African heritage in contemporary African society. Perhaps in time we can develop a fonder appreciation and constructive relationships amongst ourselves by learning from each other.

Q.E.D.

Caliente: Thank you for your honesty. I should then posit that the reason you ignored my question was because you too realize that your initial post wasn't meant to promote positive cultural interest or to add any value for that matter.
Its not meant to promote positive cultural interest or to add any value for that matter and you have desire to know more. for negative cultural interest?

You will need to educate me: what/which African attire is an export commodity and provides economic empowerment to the people as you stated? To whom do we export our textiles to and how large is our manufacturing sector for African produced goods which reflect our cultural identity? Or is your statement referring to a general, global viewpoint?
It was in global context. Im sure what you wear to work is other culture's export commodity and not your native attire

I dint put the picture for you to judge their character, are you psychic? So it will be very unwise for you to do so. I put it their to showcase their mode of dressing, simple. If you cant appreciate or see any value in the culture/post, at least appreciate or value the photographer and his work.

I don't know whether your original post was intended to evoke a visceral reaction from other commenters. Your first four statements were: Funny? Weird? Unbelievable? In this 21st century people still flaunt this kinda fashion.
It simply shows my surprise cuz I never thought it still existed in Nigeria. If a couple things or events dont shock or surprise you, well we are different.

The intrinsic value of the post was missing: What does cultural identity mean to individuals? How important is the preservation of our identity or others? Are there cultural norms we are willing to let go of? Why or why not? How does who we are or who we were affect where we are heading (as a nation, as a continent, as a world)?
Who told you the intrinsic value of the post was missing? Just because you expect a chickenpie and you saw regular meatpie doesnt meant the meatpie is incomplete.

That your questions are different from mine dont mean mine are useless. Different strokes for different folks. It is purposeful in its comic relief approach.

Another thing that troubled me was when you said this: You failed to see any purpose in the knowledge of their existence, what purpose will knowing more about them be to you that is asking me the purpose of this post? . I never stated nor think that there is no purpose to their existence. I questioned the relevancy of your post.
The purpose of the post was simply to bring their existence to your knowledge which obviously never crossed your mind or you refused to see.

You asked me in your previous post whether my way of living has a beneficial impact on Nigerian society. I responded with what I do as my day job which I think made you more upset. Did i misunderstand your question?
Yes you completely misunderstood the question. By ways of living, I mean culture. The focus here is the culture as manifested via their mode of dressing not there means of livelihood, not values, traits, not mental prowess, impact, etc. You think they dont have people who have your values or even better value than yours? You think they dont have any impact?

Does how I dress say anything about my impact on society? No. Does looking at a picture of two indigenous women reveal anything about their societal impact? No. How about that girl in the cargo pants and t-shirt? Hmmm...still No. Had you provided more information on this tribe and explained their customs/traditions, behavior, belief systems, etc would we have a better understanding of their impact? Yes. Did your original post do that? No.
I more interested in their attire which came as a surprise, you can investigate about their impact. Im sure you dint acquire chemical engineering degree from one lecture, lecturer nor one textbook.

You will always be entitled to your opinion. But freedom of speech means you must also be open to the freedom of others to criticize your opinions/ideas
If Im not open to your criticism of my idea (oh well their fashion is not my idea lol), you think I will burning my bandwith replying you? Its an educative exercise, you may not like my style of reply. But thats my style.

I hope you are not upset by this post. I am not trying to shame you. I just want to see constructive topics and discussions. Upset or shame me? LMAO!!! Please perish that thought, it has no place in reality. One can only succeed in disgusting me by ACTING ALL SAINTLY.

1 Like

Re: Culture Where People Walk Half-Unclad Still Exist In Nigeria Of 21st Century by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jan 01, 2013
Blyss:

Blah, blah, blah.

LOL exactly.

pagan_9ja caught in his own hypocrisy yet again. grin
lol!! sure..you "never said" africans (past and present) do not walk around unclad during our "origins of the caribbean" debate months back...riiiight! grin grin grin you've always admitted to this..LOL!! grin yeah. right...

now that we get caught in our own lie, we only focus on the fact that western blacks embrace our s3xuality but ignore the root to the issue!! grin what a clown.
Re: Culture Where People Walk Half-Unclad Still Exist In Nigeria Of 21st Century by ifyalways(f): 10:47am On Jan 02, 2013
Not sure what to make of this post undecided

There are nudists everywhere and each for a different ,self justified reason and purpose.whoever feels offended can shut his or her eyes ou bien ?
Re: Culture Where People Walk Half-Unclad Still Exist In Nigeria Of 21st Century by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2013
*Kails*:

LOL exactly.

pagan_9ja caught in his own hypocrisy yet again. grin
lol!! sure..you "never said" africans (past and present) do not walk around unclad during our "origins of the caribbean" debate months back...riiiight! grin grin grin you've always admitted to this..LOL!! grin yeah. right...

now that we get caught in our own lie, we only focus on the fact that western blacks embrace our s3xuality but ignore the root to the issue!! grin what a clown.

SHUT UP DUMBA$$! YOU ST.UPID SHE DIDNT HAVE ANY DECENT REPLY TO MY POST! WHAT A BRAINLESS COWARD!

CMON QUOTE MY EXACT POST OR ELSE SHUT UP! I AM SURE I SAID IT IN A DIFFERENT CONTEXT! SON OF A **************** #%$%@ angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Culture Where People Walk Half-Unclad Still Exist In Nigeria Of 21st Century by fightforchange1(f): 12:31am On Aug 03, 2014
Caliente: Funny? Weird? Unbelievable? In this 21st century people still flaunt this kinda fashion. I feel like Im watching a still shot from "The Gods Must Be Crazy" Bad market for louis vuitton and co lol. All those designers stuff is garbage to this ones. The place is Adamawa in Nigeria. The place is called Koma Hills. Some do not even wear anything at all.

ahahahajaha!!
Re: Culture Where People Walk Half-Unclad Still Exist In Nigeria Of 21st Century by fightforchange1(f): 1:33am On Aug 03, 2014
pleep: Why cant they be attractive? i hate it how they never show the sexy nude tribal women like this;

And i need to see more coochie.. tits get boring after a while.
Lol cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Between The Yorubas,hausa And Igbos Who Is More Intelligence / The New Oba Of Benin In His Freemason Regalia. / The Practice Of Exogamy And The Igbo People Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.