Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,045 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

How Can Churches Help Develop Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can Churches Help Develop Nigeria? (876 Views)

Rich Churches, Poor Members / Pastors,reverends, Bishops, Imams Dont Help To Develop Nigeria / Which Is The Most Powerful Spiritual Churches Or Prayer Houses In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can Churches Help Develop Nigeria? by KOLA7: 7:48pm On Feb 21, 2008
HOW CAN CHURCHES HELP DEVELOP NIGERIA?

Please tell us ways you thing churches can help in the development of Nigeria.
Re: How Can Churches Help Develop Nigeria? by huxley(m): 8:33pm On Jun 15, 2008
Churches are what is holding Nigeria back. As Houses of Ignorance they are doing a great job impeding the intellectual progress of the country.
Re: How Can Churches Help Develop Nigeria? by PastorAIO: 8:24am On Jun 16, 2008
I don't know what you mean by the word development. I've realised that sometimes when nigerian use that term it just means that they want to see concrete everywhere. That for me is not development. Becoming more like europe is not development. Discovering an identity and portraying that. Or developing the 'African personality', as Mr Kwame Nkrumah would put it, is closer to what I would call development.

First we have to establish what development is and the determine whether churches can help us get there or not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can Churches Help Develop Nigeria? by alextayo(m): 11:39am On Jun 16, 2008
Churches are the greatest calamity to happen to Nigeria. Remove all these religious pretence and Nigeria will be a better place.

The bane of Nigerian corruption starts from our Churches. So called pastors are only preaching prosperity and psychology thereby indirectly challenging their members into corruption to consolidate on their preachings.

What is the purpose of the Husband being the G.O and his wife being the Women Leader for not for the purpose of enriching thier purse. I wonder whne Nigerians will wake up.
Re: How Can Churches Help Develop Nigeria? by Backslider(m): 12:30pm On Jun 16, 2008
@post

The way you think is not the way God thinks. God has good prophesies about Africa(Ethiopia). This prophesies will not come UNTILL WE HAVE A MEN SEEKING GOD.

Not until we have a man after God hearts not his promises or previlegdes.

When we have men that can drink of the wrath Cup of God that Jesus drank.

Sin is a reproach to a nation.

In my previous post my sadness I have exposed on the Matter of demon possessed "Men of God" When a man starts to work with Jesus (God) there is the tendency to derail but to continue in that error is a greater sin, why? He will preach that error and lead others to Hell.

We cannot develope with this hip hop Churches and Afro juju Churches that are filled with fornicators and fraudulent men on the alter. God is angry with the pastors so many pastors are dying and going to hell fire with great condemnation and with the blood of their proselyte on their head tormenting them day and Night.

How horrible and fearful is it to be the enemy of God. The pastors preach money money money getting getting and getting. The true worship of these demon saturated churches is GAIN GAIN GAIN. The worship of self and Mammon is very deceptive ye men flee and worship God.

When men begin to say I am ready to die for Good in shame that is development. The church is a now the sepulchre of dead men going to hell. The church is supposed to be called out of sin and worldliness.

You hear Men of God say that we are supposed to own the world! how can that be when God will destroy this world? We have been bombarded with false prophet and there is none that War the true and righteous gospel. God is not a means to a End. God is the Beginning and the End.

Cheer up true Soldiers of Christ there shall be a performance and they that know their God shall perform exploit. There shall be a great seperation soon to come and the Ichabod and Church of Jezebel now that you see will be exposed. People of God though be FEW shall perform exploit.

Soon the word MAN OF GOD REVERAND AND PASTOR Etc Will be accursed. The true worshippers of God will be treated as Cults of Evil men. Men and women Seek God in your private way as the men you have worship not the true GOD. God is not a tool. You are supposed to be God's tool.
Re: How Can Churches Help Develop Nigeria? by jydeboy: 6:00pm On Jun 17, 2008
K-OLA:

HOW CAN CHURCHES HELP DEVELOP NIGERIA?

Please tell us ways you thing churches can help in the development of Nigeria.
NO WAY! They have nothing to offer aside filling the bellies and pockets of their pastors. Nothing to offer except the perpetual hold ups they cause on the Lagos - Ibadan expressway during those baseless programmes they organise anytime they feel they need more money. Nothing except the noise they cause during those hours of unwarranted church programmes. Nothing except the deception and lies they peddle to milk gullible members of the congregation of their hard earned wealth. I sincerely wish it were possible for God to loose some of his patience. Thank God for God.
Re: How Can Churches Help Develop Nigeria? by molayo(f): 1:59pm On Jul 01, 2008
broda jydeboy, really ithink u shld have ur mind,spirit,soul and finally purged,cos in all reality u need to check urself and understand that u are alive cos of the miracle of answered rpayers on your life but what ever, it is ur life but live it wit carefulcare cos u may not have it tmrw,so b careful how u talk bat GOD's thins cos there are mysteries that cant b comprehended and are left that way cos God likes that
Re: How Can Churches Help Develop Nigeria? by huxley(m): 2:32pm On Jul 01, 2008
jydeboy:

NO WAY! Nothing to offer except the perpetual hold ups they cause on the Lagos - Ibadan expressway during those baseless programmes they organise anytime they feel they need more money.

You are kidding, aren't you? Do they really do this, hold up highway traffic to peddle their stinking dogma?

What is Nigeria coming to? Has the government authorities lost it mind? I thought there was only a handful of idiots and gullible dummies in that country. Now I have to revise my mind.
Re: How Can Churches Help Develop Nigeria? by Lady2(f): 1:12am On Jul 02, 2008
By walking in the Christian faith: helping those in need and staying away from sin.
Re: How Can Churches Help Develop Nigeria? by Cayon(f): 1:32am On Jul 02, 2008
The church is just a building.

First, try to appoint a true man of God to lead the church. One who can seperate Church and poli[b]tricks[/b] regarless of his /her religious/political background
Re: How Can Churches Help Develop Nigeria? by ow11(m): 1:30pm On Jul 02, 2008
Develop the minds of their flock and challenge every form of corruption in the country.
Re: How Can Churches Help Develop Nigeria? by Cayon(f): 10:10pm On Jul 02, 2008
ow11:

Develop the minds of their flock and challenge every form of corruption in the country.
Yeah, that too. Good thinking!!!
Re: How Can Churches Help Develop Nigeria? by reindeer: 10:33pm On Jul 02, 2008
some people just dont get it, maybe being biased is just clouding reasoning.

the poster asks about what can be done not what is being done wrongly, he's seeking solutions nit the perpetual whine about what they are doing wrong or what is wrong about them.

lets read and understand posts well before jumping out to spew venom from the vast recesses of ignorance.

anyways,I think increasing theior CSR will do the job.
Re: How Can Churches Help Develop Nigeria? by Cayon(f): 10:49pm On Jul 02, 2008
not all the time ignorance is bliss.
reindeer:

some people just don't get it, maybe being biased is just clouding reasoning.

the poster asks about what can be done not what is being done wrongly, he's seeking solutions nit the perpetual whine about what they are doing wrong or what is wrong about them.

lets read and understand posts well before jumping out to spew venom from the vast recesses of ignorance.

anyways,I think increasing theior CSR will do the job.

(1) (Reply)

You Too Can Hear The Voice Of God(hearing God) / The Most Disgusting Religion / The Biblical Talking Bush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.