Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (658328 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nuru4real(m): 12:48pm On Apr 11, 2021
I love this post
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Hohenheim(m): 8:00pm On Apr 12, 2021
I'm currently learning html and css hopefully it's not obsolete
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by dometome: 9:23pm On Apr 13, 2021
Hohenheim:
HTML CSS and JS cannot be obsolete

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by 4dor: 2:10pm On Apr 14, 2021
thatthickgurl:

I'm learning web development, to an extent, I Know HTML and CSS, but it's like every time I look, there's always something I'm yet to learn. I feel like it'll take me up to 10 years to be proficient.

I checked a thread and I was seeing strange languages; ReactJs, Native, Kotlin,e.t.c

I've been in this industry for a good number of years and I can tell you that feeling of doubt never leaves. So it's a normal thing.

When you say you know HTML and CSS to an extent, do you mean if I give you a random design right now you'll be able to code it from scratch?

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Carmal90(m): 2:47pm On Apr 14, 2021
4dor:

I've been in this industry for a good number of years and I can tell you that feeling of doubt never leaves. So it's a normal thing.

When you say you know HTML and CSS to an extent, do you mean if I give you a random design right now you'll be able to code it from scratch?

Send...

Will be glad to try out my luck
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 14, 2021
4dor:

Give me mek I try too
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by thatthickgurl(f): 4:20pm On Apr 14, 2021
4dor:

With the help of few googling, Yes
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by 4dor: 4:49pm On Apr 14, 2021
Carmal90:

Send...

Will be glad to try out my luck

https://dribbble.com/shots/15473009-Banking-Fintech-Landing-Page

Post it on codepen once you're done.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by 4dor: 4:50pm On Apr 14, 2021
ClixMaster:
Give me mek I try too

https://dribbble.com/shots/15474511-Cofrexx-Header

Post on codepen and share the link once you're done.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by 4dor: 4:52pm On Apr 14, 2021
thatthickgurl:

With the help of few googling, Yes

I love the positive attitude!

https://dribbble.com/shots/15474544-Humanity-illustrations

Let me see what you can do with this. Feel free to send me a PM.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 6:58am On Apr 15, 2021
4dor:

https://dribbble.com/shots/15474511-Cofrexx-Header

Post on codepen and share the link once you're done.
Thanks sir. Let me challenge myself. I will post once I am done

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by enigma0: 11:28am On Apr 15, 2021
Programmers in the house, Goodday all

I'm a newbie to the world of programming and will love to learn programming, my interest is in web development.

Which language(s) should I start from?

I just signed up on udemy, I heard python can easily be start with, I later saw that for web dev, it's preferably to start with HTML, I need advise on which to start with.

Lastly, due to financial constraints, can I start learning using a mini laptop or what should be the minimum specs of a laptop I should get to start with?

Thanks

Olalekank
karleb
tensazangetsu20
4dor
boye33
grammarnazi12
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by 4dor: 3:44pm On Apr 15, 2021
enigma0:
Programmers in the house, Goodday all

I'm a newbie to the world of programming and will love to learn programming, my interest is in web development.

Which language(s) should I start from?

I just signed up on udemy, I heard python can easily be start with, I later saw that for web dev, it's preferably to start with HTML, I need advise on which to start with.

Lastly, due to financial constraints, can I start learning using a mini laptop or what should be the minimum specs of a laptop I should get to start with?

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-h8L5hgW-w

Start from here. Your mini laptop is fine for now.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by enigma0: 6:46pm On Apr 15, 2021
4dor:

thanks so much, I really appreciate Sir

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Maskyy(m): 6:11am On Apr 16, 2021
Hohenheim:
It's not. That's the basic to anything web.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by spdrocket: 1:33pm On Apr 16, 2021
Very important not only to learn some programming language but to set up a proper mindset to understand, that coding is just a problem solving tool for the end-users. Thus, learn more about ux redesign process to ideate how to make your favorite tools better, and then ideate on how to act so using coding skills.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Maskyy(m): 12:24am On Apr 18, 2021
Get Instant naira to your local bank. Good rate is assured.
smiley Please note that I give a verified PayPal account to receive your legit payment online anytime.

Escrow is allowed

I buy in bulk and units
» Fiverr & Upwork withdrawals
» Any freelance platform withdrawal
» Legit Paypal funds (gns & fnf)

For Whatsapp chat →https:///s/602276c33130c
Check link below for »»» review.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by rustcodeweb: 7:30pm On Apr 18, 2021
In Web Development:
0. HTML
1. CSS
2. JavaScript
3. Bootstrap
4. React Or Angular or VUE
5. NodeJs
6. MongoDB

In Software Development:
0. Python
1. Java
2. Swift
3. Android
4. c/c++

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Israel6767: 11:07am On Apr 19, 2021
4dor:

Good day sir, I am also a complete beginner in programming, how do I start? I have a hp 15... Also, sir, I called up a few computer institutes today to inquire about Software Engineering, sir, I must say the prices are; God have mercy (I'm looking for less than 100k) Please sir, what your advice on other courses I can apply for as I don't have enough funds for the Software Engineering? Thanks so much sir, I am looking for a tutor, too, if you are too busy sir, can you refer me to a computer institute (I want be certified). I am based in Lagos sir. I anticipate your response soonest. Thanks once again sir.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by 4dor: 7:53pm On Apr 19, 2021
Israel6767:

Good day sir, I am also a complete beginner in programming, how do I start? I have a hp 15... Also, sir, I called up a few computer institutes today to inquire about Software Engineering, sir, I must say the prices are; God have mercy (I'm looking for less than 100k) Please sir, what your advice on other courses I can apply for as I don't have enough funds for the Software Engineering? Thanks so much sir, I am looking for a tutor, too, if you are too busy sir, can you refer me to a computer institute (I want be certified). I am based in Lagos sir. I anticipate your response soonest. Thanks once again sir.

My advise will solely depend on knowing what branch of Software Engineering you're interested in. You don't need to bother yourself about any institute, YouTube is the only teacher you need right now, everything you want is there.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Israel6767: 10:18pm On Apr 19, 2021
4dor:

My advise will solely depend on knowing what branch of Software Engineering you're interested in. You don't need to bother yourself about any institute, YouTube is the only teacher you need right now, everything you want is there.

Sir, the fact is, I don't even know any branch of software engineering, I chose software engineering cause from the little I read, it covers all or rather major programming languages.

I will follow your advice on YouTube, but sir, what do I start with? Which programming language do I start with? Thanks a lot sir.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bossman(m): 6:21pm On Apr 20, 2021
I would suggest Java. The key thing is to learn the core principles of Software Development, regardless of language chosen. The language is just the tool to get the job done. However, once you learn the concepts very well, using Java, for example, you should be able to move to another programming language with minimal effort.

Israel6767:

Sir, the fact is, I don't even know any branch of software engineering, I chose software engineering cause from the little I read, it covers all or rather major programming languages.

I will follow your advice on YouTube, but sir, what do I start with? Which programming language do I start with? Thanks a lot sir.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by JSXyoungboy: 7:13pm On Apr 20, 2021
Hey guys
I have like a billion projects

Check out my websites and give reviews

https://ip-addresstracker.netlify.app
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Israel6767: 10:36pm On Apr 20, 2021
Bossman:
I would suggest Java. The key thing is to learn the core principles of Software Development, regardless of language chosen. The language is just the tool to get the job done. However, once you learn the concepts very well, using Java, for example, you should be able to move to another programming language with minimal effort.

Thanks alot sir, I'll go ahead with Java then. Thanks, I really appreciate.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by 4dor: 11:00pm On Apr 20, 2021
Israel6767:

Check the last Youtube link I posted. You can start from there.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Israel6767: 8:31am On Apr 21, 2021
4dor:

Check the last Youtube link I posted. You can start from there.
I will sir. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by wiselong: 10:28am On Apr 22, 2021
Dear all,

I need advice on the below issue

I was contacted by an organisation to develop a custom web application for their Employee Management system. They mentioned to me that it would be hosted online and they already have a hosting server. According to them, I will be managing the application after development but my concern is how do I protect my source codes from being used by another person since I don't have control over their server? (Note, what they are buying is the solution, not the source code)

Also, they mentioned that along the line they will engage other developers who will have access to the database schema am developing for their solution. The essence of this is to allow the other developers to create other solutions for staff using the same database as the data model.

How do I execute this project completely without the application being compromised?

Thank you
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ABSAO(m): 12:58pm On Apr 22, 2021
Hello
Please, can anyone recommend any material for
javascript for me. I know the basics like strings, number, variable, function, date event and so on but of all the code I have learnt, I haven't come across any material that contains how to use those code for web development. All tutorials on youtube teach the same things.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by spiritualmubi: 6:38pm On Apr 22, 2021
Hello good evening sir.
Am a student and need a source of income for me since things are really hard nowadays, and I have considered coding, read in a website that one can make cash through it. I have 3 questions regarding this
1. What is the best option? coding or programming?
2. As a student who has to make money to cater for himself, when I learn programming, how can I monetize it? will firms, companies, organizations demand for my services despite still being a student?? and what aspect of programming is the best bet for quick assimilation, shorter time frame to master, and lucrative job or wise?
3. Which aspect of programming do you think I should start with (I don't have a laptop).

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by dieg86: 2:27pm On Apr 23, 2021
Thanks for the topis is very good
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Carmal90(m): 5:36pm On Apr 23, 2021
4dor:

https://dribbble.com/shots/15473009-Banking-Fintech-Landing-Page

Post it on codepen once you're done.
I will do this sir, my laptop is currently having issue...

I should get it by Monday and submit next week insha'Allah

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by dreu2fine(m): 5:38pm On Apr 23, 2021
Javanian:
Due to the numerous "i want to start programming, which language should i start with" threads on this board i decided to create a thread that will address this issue. I am not a wonderful writer and i won't say i know it all but i will try. I urge every one on this board to correct me where i err an also contribute in whatever way you can to make this thread worth it. I will try as much as possible not to be biased in this write up.

I am not going to go into detail in defining what programming is because i will assume before entering this thread you should already know what programming is. But in summary programming is the act of creating whatever you want with your brain and computer programming is the act of creating whatever you want with your brain and a computer. You can read more from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_programming

Programmers could also be called software programmers, software developers and other big-big names you can think of.

Feel free to ask your questions, i will try and answer the ones i can my Ogas in the house will help me with those i can't answer

Please every Programmer should try as much as possible to check on this thread once in a while to help answer some questions Newbies would like to ask.
start with yourba language

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.