Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,704 members, 7,805,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (658698 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by slimanyd: 9:55pm On Aug 01, 2022

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Gloriaakin24(f): 11:33am On Aug 08, 2022
Hello Everyone, am an aspiring web developer I have started learning on my own with by watching tutorials on YouTube I am done with HTML and CSS . I have started leaning JavaScript but the problem is its giving me tough time, I have watched YouTube tutorials, use w3schools I was finding it difficult, I moved on to code academy still the same, while looking for well explained materials/tutorials I come across this JavaScript Course on Udemy https://www.udemy.com/course/the-complete-javascript-course/ The Complete JavaScript Course 2022: From Zero to Expert! I opened it and i saw a whoop price of N29,000 please I don't have money I am still struggling to make ends meet. Please am not begging for money I have passion for programming. please am asking if anyone has bought or have access to this tutorial to please share with me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by yinkbell: 8:59pm On Aug 09, 2022
Gloriaakin24:
Hello Everyone, am an aspiring web developer I have started learning on my own with by watching tutorials on YouTube I am done with HTML and CSS . I have started leaning JavaScript but the problem is its giving me tough time, I have watched YouTube tutorials, use w3schools I was finding it difficult, I moved on to code academy still the same, while looking for well explained materials/tutorials I come across this JavaScript Course on Udemy https://www.udemy.com/course/the-complete-javascript-course/ The Complete JavaScript Course 2022: From Zero to Expert! I opened it and i saw a whoop price of N29,000 please I don't have money I am still struggling to make ends meet. Please am not begging for money I have passion for programming. please am asking if anyone has bought or have access to this tutorial to please share with me. Thanks

You can follow this thread. It was created since 2012 by iyenimofe. Infact he explains the nitty-gritty of html, css and Js. Just follow it patiently.
https://www.nairaland.com/1383359/learn-web-design-live-nairaland/5#17491862
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Xcept: 9:06pm On Aug 09, 2022
avalon7:

If the ram is expandable then get it and add another 4gb RAM to make it 8gb and you're good to go
Hi
Can you recommend a system for me
Budget is 180k

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by avalon7(m): 9:11am On Aug 10, 2022
Xcept:

Hi
Budget is 180k

Yeah sure. What do you need it for?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Shakitibob0: 4:15pm On Aug 10, 2022
Xcept:

Hi
Budget is 180k
I have nice laptops selling for 180k presently

Dell i5, 8gb ram and 256ssd

Office is at ikeja
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Immunity1555: 12:44pm On Aug 11, 2022
For your solution to LAUNCH your Tech Career Globally. try to login on this link.https://www.bincom.net/globaltech?utm_campaign=bincomtechclub202204&utm_source=Emmanuel Uwa_07038092071
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Akolade12: 1:29am On Aug 13, 2022
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Edipet(m): 8:56pm On Aug 13, 2022
avalon7:

Yeah sure. What do you need it for?
I want to start learning web development please recommend a laptop for me.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by mdhustletv(m): 1:30pm On Aug 14, 2022
I still wonder why the powerful Actionscript is not listed.

Python.
Python is a Rapid Application Development(RAD) language which lets you write complex software with less codes.
It is made juicier with the arrays of available modules that makes your programming life fun, easy and exciting.
As a developer, if you pick up python and dedicate say 2 weeks to learning it, You wont go back.

Python is not only addictive but also clean and organized. You can read through source codes written in python and you know what they do right a way.
the syntax design is near perfect as it lets you code without thinking of ending every line with semi-colons, no dollar signs, no var, Dim or the likes.
Python developers here can add theirs.

I'm so interested in learning python. I'm a complete beginner. Pls where do I start?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Billzy: 2:03pm On Aug 15, 2022
Gloriaakin24:

https://www.nairaland.com/7282490/complete-javascript-course-2022-zero
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by avalon7(m): 10:33am On Aug 16, 2022
Edipet:
I want to start learning web development please recommend a laptop for me.

Go for a laptop with an intel i series (i3, i5, i7) processor 8th gen or better and a an expandable ram of 4gb or better. You can get better value for money if you get a used laptop but you need to shine your eye make them no cheat you
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Chucks504: 11:35am On Aug 17, 2022
Impressive
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Chucks504: 11:39am On Aug 17, 2022
Great
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Chucks504: 11:42am On Aug 17, 2022
Great
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by yusman14(m): 4:33pm On Aug 17, 2022
avalon7:

Go for a laptop with an intel i series (i3, i5, i7) processor 8th gen or better and a an expandable ram of 4gb or better. You can get better value for money if you get a used laptop but you need to shine your eye make them no cheat you
8th gen for web development?
My PC is just 5th gen, core i3, 8 gig RAM and it is working well for web development...it is not a must to have 8th gen PC ...I have used intel core duo 2, 2gig RAM before sef for web.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Edipet(m): 9:36pm On Aug 17, 2022
avalon7:

please is ssd128 good??
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by avalon7(m): 9:13pm On Aug 18, 2022
Edipet:
please is ssd128 good??

Yeah 128 ssd is good
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by avalon7(m): 9:16pm On Aug 18, 2022
yusman14:
8th gen for web development?
My PC is just 5th gen, core i3, 8 gig RAM and it is working well for web development...it is not a must to have 8th gen PC ...I have used intel core duo 2, 2gig RAM before sef for web.

He asked me to suggest a laptop of 180k and that's what i did. You don't want to purchase a laptop that would become obsolete in a short period.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Edipet(m): 9:25pm On Aug 18, 2022
avalon7:

Yeah 128 ssd is good
thank you, the guy that wants to sale the laptop for me said it's ssd 128, 8gb ram and also have a space for hard disk
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by avalon7(m): 8:51pm On Aug 19, 2022
Edipet:
thank you, the guy that wants to sale the laptop for me said it's ssd 128, 8gb ram and also have a space for hard disk

Good luck
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by lanvic12(m): 10:07pm On Aug 21, 2022
lanvic12:
AIN DEAL

Open box
MacBook Pro 2021
M1 Pro Processor
16 inches
1TB
16gb

1.350m

3 units 2 left

1 SOLD
Only 2 left wink
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Jackyz: 10:30am On Aug 24, 2022
Some one should suggest a programming App for Android for me
I want to start learning using my phone
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Temmylee01(m): 9:02am On Aug 25, 2022
Unah sure say I fit self tutor myself by watching videos on YouTube like this cry cry cry cry my head wan explode ooooohhhh embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry
iku ti de oooooh, is like the guy tutoring me just switched from English to french, at this junction ayam not understanding single thing his is saying again cry cry

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Temmylee01(m): 9:10am On Aug 25, 2022
Javanian:
I will try as much as possible to make this article as simple as possible

BRANCHES OF PROGRAMMING

1. Embedded Systems

2. Desktop applications

3. Web Applications

4. Mobile Applications

5. Console applications
boss can I self tutor my self by watching videos on YouTube, have been on this python course going to two months now, but I am sweating on it. Have not even started HTML or Java not Java script or Django......
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Lasmarr: 12:01pm On Aug 29, 2022
Gloriaakin24:
Try amigoscode on YouTube. One thing that u need to know as a beginner u don't have to learn everything
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by tyagiabhishek21: 7:14am On Aug 30, 2022
As per my experience I would prefer you to start with Python. It is the easiest programming language as it is basic English, that means if you English it become more easy for you to learn Python. Python you can shift to other languages like Machine Learning, Data Structure and so on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by oastechltd: 4:49pm On Aug 30, 2022

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.