Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (658332 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by hopefullman: 3:15am On Jan 06, 2013
Pls i want 4embedded programing

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ibnquasale(m): 3:36am On Jan 06, 2013
hemor:

since u said u read statistics and math, d programming language u need for that is matlab

can Matlab so all that i listed? I am an expert at using statistical softwares, can even use matlab... But i want to build apps, guis as front end for database etc
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Paulipopor: 8:24am On Jan 06, 2013
Thanks guys for this thread. I'd like to build a simple accounting software. Which of the programme should i learn and how do i start.

Thanks a lot.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nsonaso(m): 8:29am On Jan 06, 2013
Please....

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Lildav: 8:47am On Jan 06, 2013
Tnx 4 ur post. My question is,i want 2 own ä forum like nairaland, how do i go about it? Tnx!
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Stundey(m): 9:15am On Jan 06, 2013
Small basic is a programming tool from microsoft corporation and it comes with tutorial
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 06, 2013
Nsonaso: Please I want to learn VISUAL BASIC nd I want a website where I can download a free updated ebook that will guide me on how to use Microsoft Access to create a good human resources program ....... Please mail me at nsonsaso@live.com
Y MS Access man? Where u hv some oda RAD tools. I knw little bit of access n hv found som flop abt it, unless u wnt somtin U n U alone ll use cos it often hav dis compactibility issues, else go for a better tool, gurus pls help out!
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by lat4real: 10:58am On Jan 06, 2013
I don't know anything about programming but i'm willing to learn. I will like to create mobile applications, which programming language can i learn?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by eniseyin(m): 11:48am On Jan 06, 2013
lat4real: I don't know anything about programming but i'm willing to learn. I will like to create mobile applications, which programming language can i learn?
JAVA
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by eniseyin(m): 11:53am On Jan 06, 2013
plote: I would like to assist you. If you really want to learn programming, then you have to forget about this language or that language. They are really the same. What you see as language , is just surface language,or abstractions. Nothing special. The way to go is to just choose one, the one with great online community, and a lot of readily available materials online. It should be free and open source, unless you have deep pocket. Never do copy and paste, carefully read the basic syntax, and try implement basic stuff on your own. Anything you fancy. Fall back to community when the going gets tough, and try always to read beginners' threads in your chosen language. Some day, you will start answering some of the questions.
In programming you will be needing data stores and ways to access them. So, watch out for sequence(vector, array, list) and hash table. Also remember sort and search algorithms are everywhere. Regular expression carnations; match, split, concatenation for strings.
If you are able to wrap your head the above algorithms and data structures, you can really carry task in any programming language. Finally , remember that you have to read source codes for you to become an expert.

This is my 50 cents
Naxo

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by lancey(m): 11:53am On Jan 06, 2013
Javanian: ^^^

Yes...

so starting from the scratch i can just begin with any?? Or ar dere some basics i should knw??
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by lat4real: 12:51pm On Jan 06, 2013
eniseyin: .
JAVA

Where and How will i start?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by krap(m): 1:21pm On Jan 06, 2013
Follow the link below to download free e-books for any language you choose to venture into:

www.wowebook.be.

@ all programming newbies
Before posting any question,start reading from the first thread to be sure you question has not been answered to avoid being repetitive.

@Javanian et al

Great job! wink

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by eniseyin(m): 4:35pm On Jan 06, 2013
lat4real:

Where and How will i start?
Start with Google...

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by lat4real: 6:05pm On Jan 06, 2013
eniseyin:
Start with Google...

LOL. Thanks anyway
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 06, 2013
lordZOUGA: whiztim... Nice.. If only people actually read posts..

They read.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Stundey(m): 6:57pm On Jan 06, 2013
SMALL BASIC is a programming tool for beginners from microsoft corporation and it comes along with tutorials
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 06, 2013
hemor:

since u said u read statistics and math, d programming language u need for that is matlab

I'm ignorant. Please what kind of program can one write with Matlab?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 06, 2013
I need the link where I can download Python & Java, please.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 06, 2013
I need a link where I can download Python & Java, please.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ghettodreamz(m): 7:29pm On Jan 06, 2013
udifrancis: I need a link where I can download Python & Java, please.

See page 0....
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 06, 2013
ghettodreamz:

See page 0....

Ok.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Zet72(m): 7:46pm On Jan 06, 2013
Thanks Javenia I have read the whole tread,so my question is this, can somebody who hav no prior knowledge or study computer related subject learn programming if yes like how long & can the person be expert & how do I start .
Thanks ....waiting for ur answer.....

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by HARDDON: 7:50pm On Jan 06, 2013
Wow! Dis is just great. §☺̣̣̥̇ kul to know that great ρρℓ like these that are willing to share freely what they might have acquired with some huge sums( to learn java @ NIIT is noting less than 150- 200k. ) .

Kip up the gud works. And hey, those guys @ edX are off tha hook. I'd recommend all newbies to join up with Learning programing under HAVARD cos they are basically gono touch on most of the programs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ghettodreamz(m): 8:58pm On Jan 06, 2013
Zet72: Thanks Javenia I have read the whole tread,so my question is this, can somebody who hav no prior knowledge or study computer related subject learn programming if yes like how long & can the person be expert & how do I start .

Make sure you go through the thread from page 0, I think you can find answers to mostly all your questions from the previous posts.

All the best!
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Paulipopor: 9:47pm On Jan 06, 2013
Paulipopor: Thanks guys for this thread. I'd like to build a simple accounting software. Which of the programme should i learn and how do i start.

Thanks a lot.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by adewasco2k(m): 11:46pm On Jan 06, 2013
@Javanian or other java gurus, i am yet to learn java but know bit on jQuery at least i can do alot, just ran into a problem today while trying to conclide my project work via codecademy.com.

it is a jquery stuff though...please can i ask the question here?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by scofield33(m): 8:03am On Jan 07, 2013
this is the kind of thread i enjoy reading...keep it coming guyz! cool

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by PrinceNN(m): 10:30am On Jan 08, 2013
adewasco2k: @Javanian or other java gurus, i am yet to learn java but know bit on jQuery at least i can do alot, just ran into a problem today while trying to conclide my project work via codecademy.com.

it is a jquery stuff though...please can i ask the question here?
ask away
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by PrinceNN(m): 10:31am On Jan 08, 2013
Paulipopor: Thanks guys for this thread. I'd like to build a simple accounting software. Which of the programme should i learn and how do i start.

Thanks a lot.
VB.net
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by PrinceNN(m): 10:37am On Jan 08, 2013
Zet72: Thanks Javenia I have read the whole tread,so my question is this, can somebody who hav no prior knowledge or study computer related subject learn programming if yes like how long & can the person be expert & how do I start .
very possible... codecademy.com is a good way to start, how long and skill level all depends on you, but you must know some very basic aspects of the computer

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (165) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.