Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (658985 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ciphoenix: 10:51am On Feb 04, 2013
hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Javanian: 12:35pm On Feb 04, 2013
Chiefupper: @lordZOUGA & javanian: plz guyz I suggest u do dis tin in form of lecture i.e a forum in wc u wil b analysin tinz we nd to know 1 by 1 startin frm d beginin,by dis we wil b able to undastand it beta n ask question on anytin dat is nt clear bcoz all wot i read so far is just lyk readin newspaper(i dont undastand any practical aspect of both d java n c++) tanx

Feel free to ask any question in this thread. That is what the thread is meant for...
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Chiefupper: 2:07pm On Feb 04, 2013
Javanian:

Feel free to ask any question in this thread. That is what the thread is meant for...
ok i undastand evrytin u said at d 1st page n i enjoyed evrytin but i must confess dat is all i know for now so i want u to continue n tell me wot d next tin is plx
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Javanian: 2:24pm On Feb 04, 2013
Chiefupper: ok i undastand evrytin u said at d 1st page n i enjoyed evrytin but i must confess dat is all i know for now so i want u to continue n tell me wot d next tin is plx

Am happy you understood the first page, atleast there is progress. The Next thing you should do is decide what branch of programming you want to go into. When you have decided post it then WE will then know what to do next...
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by wine4dguy: 8:24pm On Feb 04, 2013
I ve been following this thread and seriously u guys have been trying but I must confess this programming thing needs discipline and dedication ... I just started learning c++ yesterday and I tell you its been fun that I can actually do what I couldnt do so ill encourage every one to practice more if yoh want to b a gud programmer...cheers

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Zikstar4me(m): 2:09am On Feb 05, 2013
javanian, pls do u know of any gud institute in lagos where one can learn programming. someone sugested NIIT to me
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by stanliwise(m): 9:20am On Feb 05, 2013
Zikstar4me: javanian, pls do u know of any gud institute in lagos where one can learn programming. someone sugested NIIT to me
Just go to university for a computer course e.g computer science, software engineering,
computer Engineering..etc
and get PDF, and join an online forum
because nigeria lecturers only use old coding syntax and oudated pogramming skills....

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Javanian: 9:51am On Feb 05, 2013
Zikstar4me: javanian, pls do u know of any gud institute in lagos where one can learn programming. someone sugested NIIT to me

if after reading everything on this thread you are still looking for an institute then ...................

NIIT isn't bad, they should be able to get you started
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Chiefupper: 12:41pm On Feb 05, 2013
Javanian:

Am happy you understood the first page, atleast there is progress. The Next thing you should do is decide what branch of programming you want to go into. When you have decided post it then WE will then know what to do next...
Gud,am plannin to start wit c++ just because i've downloaded d bukz u talked ebout at d front page nw ma question is do I av to download some softwares lyk JDK(java development kit)?.plz lecture me on this and also i wants u to give me oda software needed and where cn i get them.tanx
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Javanian: 1:35pm On Feb 05, 2013
You don't need JDK to learn C++. JDK would have been usefull if you wanted to learn JAVA.

Go and read those books. This things should be explained there... But still fell free to ask your questions...

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ositadima1(m): 3:19pm On Feb 05, 2013
Javanian, nice work you are doing, programming no be beans ooo. Maybe it would be nice to break programming down to its essential parts, they are not many are they? If a short comprehensive expansion of this parts could be somehow explained away it would make a lot more sense with less reiterative questions .... By the way I tend to grasp more profoundly after a round of sex or two. It kinda exfoliate emotions leaving behind unclad logic, all you need to suck suck... suckup more info at faster rate, try out cullingus too, it sure sets your mind juggling, multitasking.... wow, tks tks tks.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by lordZOUGA(m): 6:19pm On Feb 05, 2013
ositadima1: Javanian, nice work you are doing, programming no be beans ooo. Maybe it would be nice to break programming down to its essential parts, they are not many are they? If a short comprehensive expansion of this parts could be somehow explained away it would make a lot more sense with less reiterative requestions .... By the way I tend to grasp more profoundly after a round of sex or two. It kinda exfoliate emotions leaving behind unclad logic, all you need to suck suck... suckup more info at faster rate, try out cullingus too, it sure sets your mind juggling, multitasking.... wow, tks tks tks.
this is very disturbing...

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ciphoenix: 7:36pm On Feb 05, 2013
Good thing i'm not the only one who thinks so

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ositadima1(m): 7:58pm On Feb 05, 2013
sad I was just trying to say that it would be beneficial to learn the basic structure of programs in addition to a particular syntax as it will give more versatility to the learner. I might be wrong
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by thiisme: 12:08am On Feb 06, 2013
Pls guys, I need your help. I wanna start to learn c++ but the IDEs i downloaded are not working(compiling).
Eclipse says: launch failed, no binaries found.
Netbeans7.1 says: no gcc . . . compiler found.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ositadima1(m): 12:29am On Feb 06, 2013
^^
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by lordZOUGA(m): 12:31am On Feb 06, 2013
thiisme: Pls guys, I need your help. I wanna start to learn c++ but the IDEs i downloaded are not working(compiling).
Eclipse says: launch failed, no binaries found.
Netbeans7.1 says: no gcc . . . compiler found.
IDEs are not compilers... there is no guarantee that you get a compiler after you download an IDE. I assume you are on windows? you can either go to the gnu website and download the tdmgcc binaries and set your paths on netbeans to reflect their installation folders..

or
you can download codeblocks IDE or devC++ IDE both comes with inbuilt compilers
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Zikstar4me(m): 1:23am On Feb 06, 2013
@javanian, pls what do u mean by get u started, is it that after the training you will still have to learn other things?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by thiisme: 1:53am On Feb 06, 2013
Thanks LordZouga, I have downloaded both codeblocks and dev++ but the same thing applies.
Am tryna start it all over again from uninstall.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by lordZOUGA(m): 9:21am On Feb 06, 2013
adewasco2k: @lordZOUGA are you following me already? Twitter{@wasconet}
now following...
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Chiefupper: 9:53am On Feb 06, 2013
Javanian: You don't need JDK to learn C++. JDK would have been usefull if you wanted to learn JAVA.

Go and read those books. This things should be explained there... But still fell free to ask your questions...
going thru d 1st panel,I discovered dat under statement line sometime d author will write count and sometime cout,so wc 1 is correct? Den I wants to practice dat 1st panel on ma system,ao cn I go about it?
Thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by kabayomi(m): 2:59pm On Feb 06, 2013
I'm a young guy in my second year in a federal institution willing to learn all the major programming language but i find it hard to find someone willing to teach, it either i don't have time, i'm busy with my studies etc get from peoples i approach...............Pls is there anyone in OAU willing to teach cos i'm planning for next year's Imagine cup
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ayodinho91: 3:08pm On Feb 06, 2013
<b>Good day every one.</b> i just started learning python and i found this trend really helpful. many thanks to the op who supply links to tutorial sites.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Javanian: 8:54pm On Feb 06, 2013
Chiefupper: going thru d 1st panel,I discovered dat under statement line sometime d author will write count and sometime cout,so wc 1 is correct? Den I wants to practice dat 1st panel on ma system,ao cn I go about it?
Thanks

Well, if what you are talking about is declaring a variable, variable names can change so it could be 'count', 'cout' 'co' or even 'c'

If you want to practice you would need an IDE/text editor and compiler...I'm sure the c++ guys here can help out....

Also, if possible use those youtube videos, you would learn faster from them...
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by thiisme: 9:30pm On Feb 06, 2013
Hello c++ programmers and all other programmers on this thread. Pls help me with steps on how to configure netbeans for c++ or eclipse for c++. The ones I downloaded(codeBlocks and dev++) with the compilers are not fuctioning.
Am thinking of starting the one that deals with adding the path to environment variables.(hope i didn't say jargons?)
Help me out pls.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ayodinho91: 11:50am On Feb 07, 2013
kabayomi: I'm a young guy in my second year in a federal institution willing to learn all the major programming language but i find it hard to find someone willing to teach, it either i don't have time, i'm busy with my studies etc get from peoples i approach...............Pls is there anyone in OAU willing to teach cos i'm planning for next year's Imagine cup
you're in OAU right. what dept are yuo?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by kabayomi(m): 3:45pm On Feb 07, 2013
ayodinho91: you're in OAU right. what dept are yuo?

geology
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Horpy4: 4:09pm On Feb 07, 2013
Pls,somebody to teach me how to few the source code of any application

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.