Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (658969 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by TrueHeart365(m): 8:25am On Sep 17, 2017
cortix:

App development

Continue with Java, add html5 and css3 to your list. Then javascript is you want to go into web

JavaScript and PHP is for web development, while Java is for both web(backend), app and software
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by cortix(m): 1:02am On Sep 18, 2017
vaspire:

Hi, you should know that Java is entirely different from JavaScript which is a scripting language mostly use for app development and dynamism of a website. If you are a beginner, I do advice you start with JavaScript as Java is more complicated than JavaScript and as a beginner you might giving up to becoming a programmer if you start with Java especially if you are learning it the hard way (tutoring yourself). And if you which to start with JavaScript, codeacedemy is so cool to learn it. Tutoring myself too as a beginner. Learnt HTML and CSS with rithmschool.com and learning JavaScript with codeacedemy. And am finding it pretty cool and easy. Hope this helps. Goodluck.
thanks boss... Am learning from pluralsight
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Dreadlord: 6:14am On Sep 20, 2017
Readwarn:
please how do I crack intellij ide?

Use Eclipse IDE or Netbeans. You want to develop software people will buy but you cannot pay for software.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Arikenimi90(f): 10:12am On Sep 21, 2017
you can logon and start with codecademy
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by GreatAchiever1: 7:19pm On Sep 21, 2017
I wanna ask a simple questions, How can i find d url address of my image,audio or video to insert when using the Notepad on my computer
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by 18SepPython: 11:38pm On Sep 21, 2017
please i need help with this(C programming)

Question: Write a program to calculate the sum of the first and the second last digit of a 5 digit number entered from the keyboard.

solution..

#include <stdio.h>
main(){
int n, first, second, third, forth, fifth, sum;
printf("Enter a 5-digit number\n"wink;
scanf("%d", &n);
/*Now we will take out each digit of this number and then finally add the first and the second last digits*/
first = n/10000; //first digit
n = n%10000;

second = n/1000; //second digit
n = n%1000;

third = n/100; //third digit
n = n%100;

forth = n/10; //forth digit
fifth = n%10; //fifth digit

sum = first + forth;
printf("sum : %d\n", sum);
}

i understand the flow but want to know why

1. n/10000;
2. n = n%1000;

Please help i have been stack with this for days.Thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by collinic: 7:35pm On Sep 22, 2017
Oloruntobi4382:
@collinic, if you mean user input.Maybe this.

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int matrix[6];
int main () {
cout <<"Enter first number"<<endl;
cin >> matrix[0];
cout <<"Enter second,number"<<endl;
cin >> matrix[1];
cout <<"Enter third number"<<endl;
cin >> matrix[2];
cout <<"Enter fourth number"<<endl;
cin >> matrix[3];
cout <<"Enter fifth number"<<endl;
cin >> matrix[4];
cout <<"Enter sixth number"<<endl;
cin >> matrix[5];
cout << "Your output is:"<<endl<<'( matrix[0], matrix[1], matrix[2])' << '(matrix[3], matrix[4], matrix[5])';
return 0;
}

Thanks for your reply, I have done it using Javascript. Thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by vaspire: 9:10pm On Sep 22, 2017
GreatAchiever1:
I wanna ask a simple questions, How can i find d url address of my image,audio or video to insert when using the Notepad on my computer

If you are referring to inserting your image, video or audio in your code in notepad using it URL, just go to where you save the image, right click and click on properties, coppy the URL there and insert it on your image code. Something that starts with a capital C../..../..../image/desktop. Not exactly the format anyway but a look alike.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by FamDamSam: 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2017
I want to start from somewhere
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by 18SepPython: 11:44pm On Sep 23, 2017
FamDamSam:
I want to start from somewhere

start with me smiley

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by FamDamSam: 11:55pm On Sep 23, 2017
18SepPython:

start with me smiley

So, you, to start with. Which of the languages would you teach me?
I have tried that of HelloWorldApp on my system I mean that Java stuff but it seems my system can't run it
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by 18SepPython: 6:47am On Sep 24, 2017
FamDamSam:

So, you, to start with. Which of the languages would you teach me?
I have tried that of HelloWorldApp on my system I mean that Java stuff but it seems my system can't run it

i just started my programming journey and i'm learning C language.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by FamDamSam: 7:18am On Sep 24, 2017
18SepPython:

i just started my programming journey and i'm learning C language.
What have you learnt from C language? Teach me so that it would be refreshing on you.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 24, 2017
FamDamSam:

What have you learnt from C language?
Teach me so that it would be refreshing on you.
don't start with C, start with client side Lang like javascript
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by cortix(m): 1:25pm On Sep 24, 2017
18SepPython:

Question: Write a program to calculate the sum of the first and the second last digit of a 5 digit number entered from the keyboard.
with this for days. Thanks

Using java

import java.util.*;public class Main
{
public static void main(String[] args)
{
/*Question: Write a program to calculate
the sum of the first and the second
last digit of a 5 digit number entered
from the keyboard.*/

Scanner input = new Scanner(System.in);
int firstDigit = input.nextInt();
int secondDigit = input.nextInt();
int thirdDigit = input.nextInt();
int fourthDigit = input.nextInt();
int fifthDigit = input.nextInt();
System.out.println("the answer is" );
System.out.println(firstDigit + fourthDigit);
}
}

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by GreatAchiever1: 7:09am On Sep 26, 2017
vaspire:

If you are referring to inserting your image, video or audio in your code in notepad using it URL, just go to where you save the image, right click and click on properties, coppy the URL there and insert it on your image code. Something that starts with a capital C../..../..../image/desktop. Not exactly the format anyway but a look alike.
it doesn't start with a C../, it just start with d exact name of d file and nots it's location.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by isidollarboy(m): 5:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
18SepPython:

solution..

#include <stdio.h>
main(){
int n, first, second, third, forth, fifth, sum;
printf("Enter a 5-digit number\n"wink;
scanf("%d", &n);
/*Now we will take out each digit of this number and then finally add the first and the second last digits*/
first = n/10000; //first digit
n = n%10000;

second = n/1000; //second digit
n = n%1000;

third = n/100; //third digit
n = n%100;

forth = n/10; //forth digit
fifth = n%10; //fifth digit

sum = first + forth;
printf("sum : %d\n", sum);
}

i understand the flow but want to know why

1. n/10000;
2. n = n%1000;

Please help i have been stack with this for days.Thanks

I think this what you are really looking for

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int main()
{
int sum;
int number[5];
printf("Enter 5 numbers\n"wink;
for(int i=0; i<5;i++){
scanf("%d",&number[i]);
}
sum =number[0]+ number[4];

printf("The sum of the first and the last number entered is %d",sum);
return 0;
}

output

Enter 5 numbers
The sum of the first and the last number entered is 6
Process returned 0 (0x0) execution time : 4.917 s
Press any key to continue.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by RealPMer(m): 4:36am On Sep 27, 2017
.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by caleb8: 7:50am On Sep 30, 2017
JSON and Javascript. Check this: json formatter
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Okuda(m): 1:56pm On Sep 30, 2017
Man , I really cut hand for folks learning Java. Forget what people are telling you that you dont really need maths. You need it. atleast a level above basic mathematics and you also need alot of Logic. This shi''t isnt easy one bit!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by introvertme: 9:43pm On Oct 01, 2017
cortix:

Using java
import java.util.*;public class Main { public static void main(String[] args) { /*Question: Write a program to calculate the sum of the first and the second last digit of a 5 digit number entered from the keyboard.*/
Scanner input = new Scanner(System.in); int firstDigit = input.nextInt(); int secondDigit = input.nextInt(); int thirdDigit = input.nextInt(); int fourthDigit = input.nextInt(); int fifthDigit = input.nextInt(); System.out.println("the answer is" ); System.out.println(firstDigit + fourthDigit); } }
u done build any app with AIDE cheesy
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by introvertme: 9:46pm On Oct 01, 2017
Okuda:
Man , I really cut hand for folks learning Java. Forget what people are telling you that you dont really need maths. You need it. atleast a level above basic mathematics and you also need alot of Logic. This shi''t isnt easy one bit!

2 many programming languages to pick from I never learn anyone completely
I'm just weak
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by cortix(m): 9:22am On Oct 02, 2017
introvertme:

u done build any app with AIDE cheesy
for sure I have done, but simple apps
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by introvertme: 9:41am On Oct 02, 2017
cortix:
for sure I have done, but simple apps

I no just geh inspiration at all

The thing dey boring,maybe I go collaborate with person cos I no fit

Which major one u don do ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (165) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ajd19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.