Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

Welcome To Tanzania - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Welcome To Tanzania (56400 Views)

Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) / Planing A Trip To Tanzania, Needs Advice And Tips. / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Tanzania by fame12k(m): 10:43pm On Apr 28, 2013
tzetzefly:

Tanzania visas must be obtained by Nigerian passport holders from the Tanzania High Commission in their home country before departure for United Republic of Tanzania. This has been the case for years even for holders of Nigerian official passports.

The address of the High Commission is:

Tanzanian High Commission,
11, Ganges Street,
Ministers Hill,
Maitama,
Abuja,
Nigeria.

Thanks, dis is noted.

Pls do u know how long it takes for d visa processing?
Re: Welcome To Tanzania by tzetzefly(m): 10:48pm On Apr 28, 2013
fame12k:

Thanks, dis is noted.

Pls do u know how long it takes for d visa processing?

A day.
Submission is by 10am, while collection is by 2:30pm
Re: Welcome To Tanzania by fame12k(m): 5:26pm On Apr 29, 2013
yang: Really beautiful country. I stayed in mbeya for 3weeks May last year. Very nice people, country wey police no dey carry gun. Na boulala dem dey hold.

We drove from Daar to Mbeya without seeing a single pothole. That's a 12hr drive man. The people are really nice.

Naija needs to stop looking at US and UK. Many African countries are much better than nigeria now o. Africans need to explore Africa

It is visa free, u just pay 50 dollars at the port of entry. Stay at the peacock hotel if you are in daar.

I hope to go back someday.

Mambo vipee!!!

@ tzetzefly, dis guy dat is claiming visa free, until port of entry, do u think its real? because dis can mislead alot of people.
Re: Welcome To Tanzania by tzetzefly(m): 5:50pm On Apr 29, 2013
fame12k:

@ tzetzefly, dis guy dat is claiming visa free, until port of entry, do u think its real? because dis can mislead alot of people.

I must tell you, not everything you hear is real. The visa is issued in Nigeria before departure. Infact, no airline official in MMIA or NAIA will let you board without that visa in your passport.

I have visited that country a number of times through JNIA, KIA and ZIA and not on any occassion did i get visa on arrival on the Nigerian passport .

The visas have always been issued at their High Commission in Abuja at those times.

The only nationals that you see filling forms for the issuance of visa on arrival are eligible nationals....

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Tanzania by fame12k(m): 9:34pm On Apr 29, 2013
@tzetzefly, thanks for ur very useful info.
Re: Welcome To Tanzania by cyril83(m): 12:03am On Apr 30, 2013
fame12k:

it's real, with 50usd you will defo get your visa at julius nyerere intnl airport dar salam. I got mine arnd october samething applicable to kenya's visa.

Bros if you are going there in search of job, don't just waste your flight money coz nothing like job for nigerian there but if you are just going for holidays i bet you'll enjoy your stay coz things are very cheap including accomodation. Free puzzy everywhere,my broda u go fvck tire, one more thing prepare to have change of meals coz nigerian meals are very scarce.

Karibu!

5 Likes

Re: Welcome To Tanzania by cyril83(m): 12:06am On Apr 30, 2013
tzetzefly:

I must tell you, not everything you hear is real. The visa is issued in Nigeria before departure. Infact, no airline official in MMIA or NAIA will let you board without that visa in your passport.

I have visited that country a number of times through JNIA, KIA and ZIA and not on any occassion did i get visa on arrival in their airports, on the Nigerian passport .

The visas have always been issued at their High Commission in Abuja at those times.

The only nationals that you see filling forms for the issuance of visa on arrival, are the whites and other eligible nationals....
brawse, I got mine on arrival at julius nyerere intnl airport, though he may have a lil delay at departure which is MM and if one could bribe his way out with just 100 or 50usd everything wil be okay.

As for the airlines, try ET or rwanda air.
Re: Welcome To Tanzania by Geminilove(f): 2:11am On Apr 30, 2013
I think it important to ask what nationality passport people are using to travel into the country.

If you hold a passport from these countries you need visa prior United Kingdom, Canada, Nigeria, or India.

here are the details you need

Foreigners seeking to enter the United Republic of Tanzania should be in possession of a valid passport. The passport is to be presented to the Immigration Control Officer at any entry point: border station, airport, harbour. The passport must be presented along with one of the following:

· A valid visa

· A resident permit

· A pass

N.B: A visitor must also present an onward or return ticket together with proof that the visitor has sufficient funds to support himself or herself while in Tanzania.

The Purpose of a Visa

The visa is permission granted to a foreigner who intends to travel to Tanzania on business, for a holiday, to study or conduct research, or for other approved activities.

When entering Tanzania, the visitor with a visa may then obtain from the immigration control officer, a pass or any other authority to enter the country.

Those Who Require Visa

All foreigners from non-Commonwealth countries are required to have a valid visa unless their countries have agreements with Tanzania under which the visa requirement is waived.

Exemptions: Citizens of Commonwealth countries are not required to obtain visas unless they are citizens of the United Kingdom, Canada, Nigeria, or India.

Types of Visa

There are five types of visa valid for entry into Tanzania:

· Ordinary Visa

An ordinary visa is issued at any Tanzanian mission abroad. It enables the holder to be granted a visitor’s pass at any entry point (border, airport, harbour). However, a person coming from a country where there is no Tanzanian mission or where it is reasonably distant shall be issued a visa at the entry point in Tanzania.

· Business Visa

The business visa is issued to prospective investors who intend to visit Tanzania for such purposes as making feasibility studies, establishing professional and business contacts, and making arrangements for investments during the startup period. The validity of the visa can vary from one month to six months. The fees for the visa are determined administratively, so it is advised that prospective investors consult the appropriate authorities before making application for visas.

· Multiple-Entry Visa

Foreigners who, because of their business or investments, need to make frequent visits to the United Republic of Tanzania are issued multiple-entry visas. Their validity ranges from one month to a year. Applications for multiple-entry visas are usually submitted by local contacts on behalf of the applicants. The fees for the visa are determined administratively; so-it is advised that prospective investors consult the appropriate authorities before making application for visas.

· Referred Visa

The referred visa is one that requires special clearance or permission from the Director of Immigration Services in Dar es Salaam or the Principal Immigration Officer in Zanzibar. This type of visa is required for nationals of Lebanon, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nigeria, Somalia and for Refugees, stateless people and other nationalities as may be specified from time to time by the authorities. People affected by this regulation may make enquiries at the nearest Tanzania mission abroad.

· Transit Visa

A transit visa is a permission to cross Tanzania from one entry point to another and is for people whose purpose in entering Tanzania is simply to pass through without visiting. It is issued for a maximum of two weeks.

There is no special clearance required for this visa except for those specified in Paragraph 4.4 above.

The transit visa is issued only to people with onward tickets, sufficient funds for the crossing in Tanzania, and an entry visa for the country of destination (or any proof that prior arrangements have been made that satisfy this requirement).

Visa-issuing Stations and Authorities

Visas are issued by the following:

The office of the Director of Immigration Services, Dar es Salaam, and the office of the Principal Immigration Officer, Zanzibar.

Tanzanian representatives abroad.

Entry points to the United Republic of Tanzania: principally Namanga, Tunduma, Sirari, Horohoro, Kigoma port, Dar es Salaam International Airport, Kilimanjaro International Airport, Zanzibar Harbour and Zanzibar Airport.

Any other gazetted entry point.

Visitor’s Pass

The visitor’s pass is issued to a prospective visitor to the United Republic of Tanzania who satisfies the authorized officer that he or she wishes to enter Tanzania for any of the following purposes:

· Spending a holiday

· Traveling

· Answering a subpoena or summons to attend court

· Obtaining medical treatment by a registered medical practitioner

· Any other reason deemed sufficient

Re-Entry Passes

A foreigner residing in Tanzania who intends to return to Tanzania within the period of two years should obtain a re-entry pass before departing Tanzania.
http://www.tanzania.go.tz/visa.html
Re: Welcome To Tanzania by otunoba1(m): 12:26pm On Apr 30, 2013
cyril83: it's real, with 50usd you will defo get your visa at julius nyerere intnl airport dar salam. I got mine arnd october samething applicable to kenya's visa.

Bros if you are going there in search of job, don't just waste your flight money coz nothing like job for nigerian there but if you are just going for holidays i bet you'll enjoy your stay coz things are very cheap including accomodation. Free puzzy everywhere,my broda u go fvck tire, one more thing prepare to have change of meals coz nigerian meals are very scarce.

Karibu!

Many thanks Bruv,

Please i plan to travel to holiday in Tanzania (Zanzibar precisely) in August and just want to be sure that i will get a visa @ the port of entry as i stay in lagos and do not have the time to travel to Abuja to get their visa. Please give me a number i can rach you on.

Thanks bruv
Re: Welcome To Tanzania by fame12k(m): 1:24pm On Apr 30, 2013
cyril83: it's real, with 50usd you will defo get your visa at julius nyerere intnl airport dar salam. I got mine arnd october samething applicable to kenya's visa.

Karibu!

am not goin there to search for job, i already have job offer there while stil in naija. Cant go there immediately because of some reasons, wil go there soon.

Pls dont always conclude dat some1 is travellin to start roaming d street for job.

U said u went there for holiday, hw come u now conclude no job for any Nigerian?

Mr man if u have ur qualifications u wil get job there with no stress

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Tanzania by fame12k(m): 1:24pm On Apr 30, 2013

Karibu!

am not goin there to search for job, i already have job offer there while stil in naija. Cant go there immediately because of some reasons. Wil go there soon

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Tanzania by cyril83(m): 1:54pm On Apr 30, 2013
otun oba:

Many thanks Bruv,

Please i plan to travel to holiday in Tanzania (Zanzibar precisely) in August and just want to be sure that i will get a visa @ the port of entry as i stay in lagos and do not have the time to travel to Abuja to get their visa. Please give me a number i can rach you on.

Thanks bruv
bruv! My number has nothing to do with this, sorry for that.

Lemme give u one scope to increase your travelling experience, if you wanna travel to tanzania u can as well enroute via kenya, all you need to do is to buy a flight ticket and hotel reservation to nairobi kenya, when you get to jomo kenyatta airport you will be asked for 50usd for visa,when you finish with d immigration you just take a cab to dar express in nairobi there you wil board a luxury bus going to daresalam,tanzania for just 60000shillings which is 6000naira, when you get to d boarder,your tanzania visa will be issued for 50usd.

It is fun bruv.

6 Likes

Re: Welcome To Tanzania by cyril83(m): 1:57pm On Apr 30, 2013
fame12k:

am not goin there to search for job, i already have job offer there while stil in naija. Cant go there immediately because of some reasons, wil go there soon.

Pls dont always conclude dat some1 is travellin to start roaming d street for job.

U said u went there for holiday, hw come u now conclude no job for any Nigerian?

Mr man if u have ur qualifications u wil get job there with no stress

if you are going there in search of job, bruv it would be beta for you to save that money for something else.

Job no dey there, except u wan go do illegit there.
Re: Welcome To Tanzania by ibrak200: 2:13pm On Apr 30, 2013
fame12k:

thanks, dis is more authentic.
I have not been there bfo, planning to go soon.
okay
Re: Welcome To Tanzania by fame12k(m): 2:25pm On Apr 30, 2013
cyril83: if you are going there in search of job, bruv it would be beta for you to save that money for something else.

Job no dey there, except u wan go do illegit there.

i hope u understood what i wrote?

Simple english - I ALREADY HAVE AN OFFER THERE AS A LECTURER.
Re: Welcome To Tanzania by cyril83(m): 2:34pm On Apr 30, 2013
fame12k:

i hope u understood what i wrote?

Simple english - I ALREADY HAVE AN OFFER THERE AS A LECTURER.
congrats.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Tanzania by otunoba1(m): 4:09pm On Apr 30, 2013
cyril83: bruv! My number has nothing to do with this, sorry for that.

Lemme give u one scope to increase your travelling experience, if you wanna travel to tanzania u can as well enroute via kenya, all you need to do is to buy a flight ticket and hotel reservation to nairobi kenya, when you get to the airport you will be asked for 50usd for visa,when you finish with d immigration you just take a cab to dar express in nairobi there you wil board a luxury bus going to daresalam,tanzania for just 60000shillings which is 6000naira, when you get to d boarder,your tanzania visa will be issued for 50usd.

It is fun bruv.

Super cool!

My fear is i do not want any visa denial at the port of entry and i have a tight schedule i cannot travel to their high commission in Abuja...The kenya side you added sounds lyk fun but how long do i have to stay in Kenya before crossing over. Another worry is leaving MMA, will they carry me without a visa? How fun is Zanzibar and Daaresalam? Dem get correct chics and booze?

Thanks Cyril, Appreciate it
Re: Welcome To Tanzania by cyril83(m): 5:26pm On May 01, 2013
otun oba:

Super cool!

My fear is i do not want any visa denial at the port of entry and i have a tight schedule i cannot travel to their high commission in Abuja...The kenya side you added sounds lyk fun but how long do i have to stay in Kenya before crossing over. Another worry is leaving MMA, will they carry me without a visa? How fun is Zanzibar and Daaresalam? Dem get correct chics and booze?

you can decide to leave for tanzania as soon as you get to kenya, as for MMA, if you are doubting, you just go to Ethiopian airways or rwanda air to make an enquiry they'll explain everything to you,it is visa on arrival. As for chics and booze,bro you will get tired mehn!.

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Tanzania by ibrak200: 8:38pm On May 01, 2013
otun oba:

Super cool!

@cyril: are you really sure kenya offer visa on arrival to naija passport ? shey demno go send the person back ?
Re: Welcome To Tanzania by Sangarara: 6:40am On May 02, 2013
You are all welcome, this country is just sooooooo beautiful, common african problems aren't exempted though.
Re: Welcome To Tanzania by cyril83(m): 5:33pm On May 02, 2013
ibrak200: @cyril: are you really sure kenya offer visa on arrival to naija passport ? shey demno go send the person back ?
kenya visa is on arrival bro.
Re: Welcome To Tanzania by yang(m): 5:39pm On May 02, 2013
This is very wrong information. Visa is stamped on arrival after paying 50 dolls for tourist visa. if you claim to be in the country on biz, you pay 250. This info is as at May 2012. For the guy asking about jobs, its not a very rich country by any means but they know how to manage what little they have. Trade can be very good down there. But if u dey enta there to find work. . . . i no know about that one o.
tzetzefly:

Tanzania visas must be obtained by Nigerian passport holders from the Tanzania High Commission in their home country before departure for United Republic of Tanzania. This has been the case for years even for holders of Nigerian official passports.

The address of the High Commission is:

Tanzanian High Commission,
11, Ganges Street,
Ministers Hill,
Maitama,
Abuja,
Nigeria.
Re: Welcome To Tanzania by yang(m): 5:40pm On May 02, 2013
cyril83: you can decide to leave for tanzania as soon as you get to kenya, as for MMA, if you are doubting, you just go to Ethiopian airways or rwanda air to make an enquiry they'll explain everything to you,it is visa free. As for chics and booze,bro you will get tired mehn!.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Tanzania by ibrak200: 7:31pm On May 02, 2013
cyril83: kenya visa is on arrival bro.
okay o..... i wil find out more
Re: Welcome To Tanzania by cyril83(m): 7:47pm On May 02, 2013
ibrak200: okay o..... i wil find out more
try to find out bro, you can go to any airlines to confirm or jst type project visa to google,...me and my guyz got it on arrival for just 50usd.
Re: Welcome To Tanzania by ibrak200: 8:11pm On May 02, 2013
cyril83: try to find out bro, you can go to any airlines to confirm or jst type project visa to google,...me and my guyz got it on arrival for just 50usd.
okay.
Re: Welcome To Tanzania by otunoba1(m): 1:40pm On May 08, 2013
cyril83: you can decide to leave for tanzania as soon as you get to kenya, as for MMA, if you are doubting, you just go to Ethiopian airways or rwanda air to make an enquiry they'll explain everything to you,it is visa on arrival. As for chics and booze,bro you will get tired mehn!.

Cyril,

I hope you know you are da bomb.....i noh come sister to dash you *sad much*

Looking to fly ethiopia airways.

Really appreciate it.
Re: Welcome To Tanzania by ibrak200: 7:16pm On May 08, 2013
[quote author=yang][/quote]Nationals of the following countries do not need visas to travel to Kenya: Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Botswana, Brunei-Darussalam, Burundi, Cyprus, Dominica, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Malaysia, Malawi, Maldives, Mauritius, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, St Lucia, St Vincent & The Grenadines, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Zambia, Zimbabwe

Citizens of the following countries need to have a visa prior to arrival in Kenya: -
Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Cameroon, Georgia, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Mali, Nigeria, North Korea, Pakistan, Senegal, Somali, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan and Yemen

If your country does not appear above, visas can be obtained at the Airport [or any entry point] upon arrival, it is advisable to obtain the visa from a Kenyan Embassy/High Commission abroad prior to departure. Where applicable, visa fees are as follows: - Transit Visa = US$20 per person; Reference Fee: -US$10; Single Entry Visa= US$50 for three months (extendable for a similar period) Multiple Journey Visa= US$100 - valid.

http://www.projectvisa.com/visainformation/Kenya what can you say about that ?

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Tanzania by cyril83(m): 5:31pm On May 09, 2013
otun oba:

Cyril,

I hope you know you are da bomb.....i noh come sister to dash you *sad much*

Looking to fly ethiopia airways.

Really appreciate it.
safe trip bro.

Fvck those chics easy bro. Lmao
Re: Welcome To Tanzania by cyril83(m): 5:41pm On May 09, 2013
ibrak200: Nationals of the following countries do not need visas to travel to Kenya: Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Botswana, Brunei-Darussalam, Burundi, Cyprus, Dominica, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Malaysia, Malawi, Maldives, Mauritius, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, St Lucia, St Vincent & The Grenadines, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Zambia, Zimbabwe

Citizens of the following countries need to have a visa prior to arrival in Kenya: -
Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Cameroon, Georgia, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Mali, Nigeria, North Korea, Pakistan, Senegal, Somali, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan and Yemen

If your country does not appear above, visas can be obtained at the Airport [or any entry point] upon arrival, it is advisable to obtain the visa from a Kenyan Embassy/High Commission abroad prior to departure. Where applicable, visa fees are as follows: - Transit Visa = US$20 per person; Reference Fee: -US$10; Single Entry Visa= US$50 for three months (extendable for a similar period) Multiple Journey Visa= US$100 - valid.

http://www.projectvisa.com/visainformation/Kenya what can you say about that ?
if you are confused, get your fact from any airlines. me and ma guyz got it on arrival and so many pple have also got it on arrival.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Tanzania by Geminilove(f): 10:24pm On May 09, 2013
cyril83: if you are confused, get your fact from any airlines. me and ma guyz got it on arrival and so many pple have also got it on arrival.

what country passport do you carry?
Re: Welcome To Tanzania by ibrak200: 11:50am On May 10, 2013
cyril83: if you are confused, get your fact from any airlines. me and ma guyz got it on arrival and so many pple have also got it on arrival.
alright

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerians Confront Ethiopian Man Who Claimed To Be Nigerian After Crime In Dubai / How Pius Adesanmi's Mother Had Her Canadian Visa Stamped In Her House In Kwara. / Kenyan Says Nigerians Are Operating Like Chinese And Taking Over African Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.