Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return (19271 Views)

Catholic Church And Houses Burnt In Enugu As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Communities / Confusion In Enugu As Chime Revokes Ex-governors' Lands, Demolishes Houses / Nnamani Crashes, As Chime, Saraki Hold Sway In Enugu, Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by LocalChamp: 5:13pm On Jan 01, 2013
Tension in Enugu as Chime fails to return

January 1, 2013 by Ozioma Ubabukoh, Enugu 74 Comments

There was anxiety in Enugu State on Monday as the lingering absence of Governor Sullivan Chime entered the New Year with his whereabouts still shrouded in secrecy.

Chime had handed over power to his deputy Sunday Onyebuchi before leaving the country on September 19 for a six-week vacation in the United States.

One hundred and three days later, the governor has not returned to the state and the state government has maintained silence over his whereabouts.

However, it is reported that the governor is being hospitalised in India.

The PUNCH recalls that on December 15, the day that Kaduna State Governor, Patrick Yakowa and Gen. Andrew Azazi, died in a helicopter crash alongside four other persons, there were rumours that Chime had died in an Indian hospital.

However, the state government debunked the claim.

Last weekend, there were reports that the governor would return to the state on December 31, but as at 4pm on Monday, journalists, who converged on the Akanu Ibiam Airport, Enugu left when the last flight for the day landed without the governor on board.

When our correspondent visited the Government House, Enugu, the place looked deserted, except for the office of Chief of Staff, Mrs. Ifeoma Nwobodo, who is seen as the de facto governor of the state.

However, there was a notice at the manifest inviting all political appointees and elected office-holders for a meeting at the governor’s Udi hometown by 8pm.

Contrary to initial feelers that the meeting was summoned to discuss latest developments in the state, a source, who pleaded anonymity, said it was the usual New Year vigil and nothing more.

He said, “If you have been conversant with events here, you will know that the governor usually invites appointees and elective office-holders to keep New Year vigil with him in his house since he became governor in 2007.

“The notice of meeting you saw is in line with this tradition. There is nothing special about it.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/tension-in-enugu-as-chime-fails-to-return/
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Afam4eva(m): 5:23pm On Jan 01, 2013
I think the Enugu state government have some explanations to do. The absence of the number one citizen of the state has lingered long enough.

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 01, 2013
Where is jchime to defend this news? I thought he said his uncle is back and cooling off in Udi? Mtscheew!
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Kaxmytex(m): 5:55pm On Jan 01, 2013
[size=28pt]dis iz serious o....103 dayz and e neva return...dem sure say dis man neva die naw[/size]

1 Like

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by salam001(m): 5:55pm On Jan 01, 2013
Get well soon Sir

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by qualified(f): 6:13pm On Jan 01, 2013
No cause for alarm. He is on a one year vacation, mtchew
where is that clown, jchime, to defend 'his uncle'?
I wonder why they are playing politics wit his whereabouts

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by k2039: 6:17pm On Jan 01, 2013
[color=soyouquotedme]I hereby declare state of emergency in Enugu state. [/color]

1 Like

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Eziachi: 6:24pm On Jan 01, 2013
salam001: Get well soon Sir
Did he tell you that he is unwell?

1 Like

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Asis(m): 6:28pm On Jan 01, 2013
Hmm,get well soon
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by anishe(m): 6:29pm On Jan 01, 2013
Only in Nigeria, anything can happen. Not surprised anyway.

3 Likes

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by cold(m): 6:30pm On Jan 01, 2013
Someone would soon come here to advise everyone to pray harder and fast longer for the Governor's quick recovery.When his absence has continued to be shrouded in secrecy and all this talk about vacation abi na sabbatical sef

3 Likes

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Leemak: 6:34pm On Jan 01, 2013
He has died but kept in secret.......Enugu Govt, a dangerous CIA.
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by toprealman: 6:35pm On Jan 01, 2013
Is FOI bill not effective in Enugu state?

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 01, 2013
Chime made a grand mistake the day he married that his 2nd wife.

I know that family very well in isuochi. the okonkwos. they are a cursed family - the curse is from the linage of the mother in-law because of her atrocities! her first son in-law died mysteriously her husband also died mysteriously, now Chime is in the same situation! mysterious circumstances.

I may sound archaic but i know am right - Chimes travails started from the day he stepped into that family. . .

Chime was doing very fine, healthy and productive until he married her. . .

Funny enuf - i don't bet, but am willing to bet that Chime will not return to Enugu State Government House. . .

1 Like

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 01, 2013
I travelled to Enugu today but didn't percieve any tension.

9 Likes

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by remmyton(f): 6:39pm On Jan 01, 2013
Hw does his absence affect d price of d knock-out I spent at 12am dis morning

1 Like

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by kunle86(m): 6:40pm On Jan 01, 2013
104 days unbelievable Maybe probably the guy is dead who knows.
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by ODUANEGRO: 6:40pm On Jan 01, 2013
chime is not gonna return because he has been kidnapped. how many times i gotta tell you all this? angry

1 Like

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by remmyton(f): 6:40pm On Jan 01, 2013
Hw does his absence affect d price of d knock-out I spent at 12am dis morning

He can take 2yrs vacation for all I care, as long as it does not stop d good work at his state

1 Like

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Classicalman(m): 6:41pm On Jan 01, 2013
Una sure say this man still dey alive?
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by dayokanu(m): 6:44pm On Jan 01, 2013
Umaru Sullivan YarAdua Chime where are you?

6 Likes

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by InvertedHammer: 6:45pm On Jan 01, 2013
Two things are possible here:

1. Gov Chime is dead

OR

2. He is grossly incapacitated (a vegetable).
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Nightshift(m): 6:48pm On Jan 01, 2013
That is a reason C. C. Onoh's death left a big vacuum in Enugu State. Were Onoh alive, he would have called a meeting of the state's political bigwigs to find through the state house of assembly a way to swear-in Mr. Onyebuchi as governor. What is Jim and Ken Nnamani (Enugu elders ) doing ?

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by ujukala: 6:50pm On Jan 01, 2013
Something must be wrong somewhere!
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by ODUANEGRO: 6:51pm On Jan 01, 2013
onyebuchi is currently acting but he is useless.....the people dont want him, they want chime.

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by toprealman: 6:53pm On Jan 01, 2013
remmyton: Hw does his absence affect d price of d knock-out I spent at 12am dis morning

'Knock-out'? Grow up gurl.
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Rastamann: 6:58pm On Jan 01, 2013
Why the noise? Yaradua did more than that!
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 01, 2013
Somebody should give me his number, I want to call him to confirm.
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Nightshift(m): 6:59pm On Jan 01, 2013
ODUA_NEGRO: onyebuchi is currently acting but he is useless.....the people dont want him, they want chime.
But the law must be respected. He might even be good like Chime, or better. We will find out if he gets there. Nigerian politicians must learn to respect our constitution. It's not just a piece of paper....

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by Pergrace: 7:02pm On Jan 01, 2013
I heard he went for a medical treatment abroad but on coming back there were complications and had to be flown back.
I don't really know how authentic this is before una begin accuse me. smiley smiley
Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by politician(m): 7:03pm On Jan 01, 2013
greateros: Chime made a grand mistake the day he married that his 2nd wife.

I know that family very well in isuochi. the okonkwos. they are a cursed family - the curse is from the linage of the mother in-law because of her atrocities! her first son in-law died mysteriously her husband also died mysteriously, now Chime is in the same situation! mysterious circumstances.

I may sound archaic but i know am right - Chimes travails started from the day he stepped into that family. . .

Chime was doing very fine, healthy and productive until he married her. . .

Funny enuf - i don't bet, but am willing to bet that Chime will not return to Enugu State Government House. . .

This is a perfect example of what nigerian films can do to your psyche!! Its too early in the year to dey shack ogogoro and peddling gossips!!

Chime is sick!! That's just it, cut the family super story!!

Likewise Nnamani, Ȋ̝̊̅ saw him slumped at renaissance university in 2012 during an interview!! The rumour is that he has liver problems and that magret thatcher of a sister runs the school now!!

Just ask the PDP bigwigs I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ enugu, they will tell you the state of health of these guys!!

Chime couldn't do Overnight meetings at the Glass house in 2003!! Always in and out of agbani!!

I really hope he gets well cos he is a performer and has rescued enugu dwellers from ebe ano dynasty with dividends of democracy!!

The state house can move a motion for the governor to appear IF the constitutional provision of the number of days in the ''leave'' has expired!!

If he doesn't, he should be declared wanted and his deputy sworn in!! Till he surfaces!!

That's if the PDP agreed!! Na naija we dey!!

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return by xcuggsm(m): 7:04pm On Jan 01, 2013
dayokanu: Umaru Sullivan YarAdua Chime where are you?
Ask Turai!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anger As FG Recalls N14.9bn Paris Club Refund From Benue / Peter Obi Visits Nnia Nwodo, Ohaneze Ndigbo President (photos) / Donald Duke: It’s Unfortunate Ayade Joined APC After Bringing Me Back To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.