Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? (5201 Views)

Can Christians Really Be Friends And Connect With Those Of Other Faiths? / 7 Types Of Atheists / Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by christemmbassey(m): 12:58pm On Jan 02, 2013
@logicboy, yes the gospels of mathew, Mark, Luke and John are not part of the new testament because when it happened, Christ had not died. Now Christ teaching was diff from old testament because he came to the world with a diff purpose, so he had to prepare the ppl for and to be able to benefit from that great purpose, its like bridge in music. Eg while they were saying "an eye for an eye" Christ said turn the other cheek etc. Now you will never understand all these unless you are Christian, because you need the Spirit of God to help you.

1 Like

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by cyrexx: 1:25pm On Jan 02, 2013
Mr_Anony:
It is interesting how bias can blind a man to reason.....

How do you interpret a physics theory if not by comparing it to other physics theories?
How do you interpret an article of law if not by comparing it to other articles in the same legal code?
How do you interpret an excerpt of a novel or any book for that matter if not by comparing it with other parts of the book?

How do you interpret anything at all if not by comparing it with things that have the same theme?

The bible is a compilation of 66 books including histories, laws, poetry, letters, and prophecies written by multiple authors over a period of more than 2000 years and yet it maintains one central theme who is Jesus Christ.

If you focus on the person of Christ, you can never go wrong.

yea, thats why there is different brands of christianity all claiming to have the best interpretation of the same bible.

The catholics have the best intepretation and they believe Mary is to be honoured.

The JWs have the best interpretation and they believe that Mary deserve no greater honuor than any other christian.

The pentecostals have the best interpretion of the scripture and believe that pastors should be prosperous and rich...

I can go and on about how every christian all claim to interprete scriptures with scripture and different denominations came up with different interpretation from the same bible.

This just proves my earlier point about proving anything you wish to prove while rationalising away what you dont want

So spare me that deliberately concocted innacurate comparison you just made. Your bias will necessitate you to justify the bible by all means necessary, the way muslims too do with their quran. You are no different from them.

1 Like

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by MrAnony1(m): 1:48pm On Jan 02, 2013
Logicboy03:
Gandhi died many years ago. However, the basic story of Gandhi remains the same, no matter who tells it.
Perhaps you didn't read mazaje's comment. I am sure that if we pick any two indians at random and ask them exactly what kind of man Gandhi was, we'll get two different answers

Christians can't decide if Jesus was God, son of God or just a prophet.
This is a lie. You don't know what Christianity is so I'll excuse your ignorance
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 02, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Perhaps you didn't read mazaje's comment. I am sure that if we pick any two indians at random and ask them exactly what kind of man Gandhi was, we'll get two different answers

Their stories wouldnt be contradictory unlike christians and the many versions of the bible and God

Mr_Anony:
This is a lie. You don't know what Christianity is so I'll excuse your ignorance

So the trinity debate in christianity doesnt exist? You are a liar
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by MrAnony1(m): 1:51pm On Jan 02, 2013
mazaje:

You have just confirmed what I have written about christians and their god. . .In my case I can always come and speak for my self to make it clear in the case where people do not seem to understand me or my position. . .In the case of your god it is always people self projecting themselves as him. He can never show himself and defend his positions because he is the people that are self projecting themselves as him. . .
In red - you can always show yourself does not mean that if you choose not to, you lose the ability.
In green - how are you so sure?
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 02, 2013
Mr_Anony:
In red - you can always show yourself does not mean that if you choose not to, you lose the ability.
In green - how are you so sure?

If he chooses not to, then he has no reason to complain or punish people when his word has been interpreted and twisted in many versions. If he was truly concerned, he would come and explain the right context and not leaving it up to anyone who calls himself a pastor or priest.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by MrAnony1(m): 2:00pm On Jan 02, 2013
cyrexx:

yea, thats why there is different brands of christianity all claiming to have the best interpretation of the same bible.

The catholics have the best intepretation and they believe Mary is to be honoured.

The JWs have the best interpretation and they believe that Mary deserve no greater honuor than any other christian.

The pentecostals have the best interpretion of the scripture and believe that pastors should be prosperous and rich...

I can go and on about how every christian all claim to interprete scriptures with scripture and different denominations came up with different interpretation from the same bible.

This just proves my earlier point about proving anything you wish to prove while rationalising away what you dont want

So spare me that deliberately concocted innacurate comparison you just made. Your bias will necessitate you to justify the bible by all means necessary, the way muslims too do with their quran. You are no different from them.
Lol, I have asked you before: "What does it mean to be a Christian?" As long as you can't answer this basic question, I will not take you seriously whenever you talk about "brands of Christianity". I'll just take it that you are speaking from ignorance.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by MrAnony1(m): 2:05pm On Jan 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

Their stories wouldnt be contradictory unlike christians and the many versions of the bible and God
As I have said you don't know who a christian is.

So the trinity debate in christianity doesnt exist? You are a liar
Why don't you go read the bible and then perhaps we can talk about what Trinity is. You cannot legitimately accuse a person of lies if you don't know the truth yourself
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:06pm On Jan 02, 2013
Mr_Anony:
The bible is a compilation of 66 books including histories, laws, poetry, letters, and prophecies written by multiple authors over a period of more than 2000 years and yet it maintains one central theme who is Jesus Christ.

If you focus on the person of Christ, you can never go wrong.

Anony is here again with his deceitful claim o!!!
Which Bible is 66 books? Please try visit the catholic cathedral. Get the goodnews bible with 78 books. Please is that one a literature and not bible. Where is the apocrypha? Kindly read the footnote of Mark chapter 22 in boy revised standard bible and see how those slave masters added there own story from verse 19. Or provide the book of Enoch Paul quoted from in the book of jude verse 19. Is the apocrypha literature now huh? Anony no go make me laugh die o. Where is the Dead sea scroll in your bible? My man, Stop twisting and lying to defend bible.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by MrAnony1(m): 2:07pm On Jan 02, 2013
Logicboy03:
If he chooses not to, then he has no reason to complain or punish people when his word has been interpreted and twisted in many versions. If he was truly concerned, he would come and explain the right context and not leaving it up to anyone who calls himself a pastor or priest.
Actually, God has already made Himself clear in the person of Jesus Christ.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by cyrexx: 2:15pm On Jan 02, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, I have asked you before: "What does it mean to be a Christian?" As long as you can't answer this basic question, I will not take you seriously whenever you talk about "brands of Christianity". I'll just take it that you are speaking from ignorance.

LOL.

Classic escapism and annoyism.

I refuse to take you as a sensible person too until you can define accurately for me what is the meaning of the word SENSIBLE.

Until then, I will just take you as an artful dodger who makes no sense when he argues.

LOL

1 Like

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 02, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Actually, God has already made Himself clear in the person of Jesus Christ.

lolz is Jesus man or God?

confusion begins
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:30pm On Jan 02, 2013
Anony! Twist bible the way you like. It remains in Matthew 10:5-6 says : These twelve Jesus sent out, charging them, "Go nowhere among the Gentiles, and enter no town of the Samaritans, but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. I wonder cause you are not Israelite those disciples are send to.
And matthew 15:24 says He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Now tell me what your problem is. Atheist and Israelites should twist the bible not you.

1 Like

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by debosky(m): 2:37pm On Jan 02, 2013
Interesting - I particularly was intrigued mazaje's post on this matter.

Yes - there is an element of 'preferential' reading amongst Christians, but that is simply a reflection a difference in emphasis, not a difference in the constitution/character of God as revealed in the bible.

Back to your example - while Ola may lay emphasis the justice/punishment characteristic of God, he does not deny that God is loving, and vice versa for Jesoul.

Now back to the general theme of 'twisting' - I posit that these are largely the grains of sand (areas of differing opinion/interpretation) amid the pebbles (main elements/central tenets of the Christian faith).

Yes, human beings (including Christians) can spend an unbelievable amount of time splitting hairs or discussing/disputing minor details, but that doesn't necessarily mean the central tenets are not agreed upon or clearly stated.

All Christians believe God created the earth and the universe, they believe Jesus came to die for our sins and was resurrected, they believe God spoke through the prophets, through the priests, through Israel till the time of Jesus. They believe there will be a final reckoning, a judgement.

These central tenets (and a few others I haven't mentioned) are what establish the Christian faith.

These tenets are the core issues, not whether Mark is in the 'old' or 'new' testament, not whether Jesus 'taught'/'supported' tithing or not, not whether God is a 'trinity' or a 'unity', not whether 'priests' should have wives or not, not whether Christians should drink alcohol or not, not whether only unleavened bread should be used for the Lord's supper or not, not whether you should 'celebrate' Christmas, not whether you should cross your legs in church, pray with your head covered/uncovered or any other 'controversy' or 'twisting' you can come up with.

Human beings like to focus on 'differences', but this doesn't change the core beliefs of Christians. Atheists love to ask close ended questions to 'prove' the 'twists' and 'contradictions' in the word, but the central tenets cannot be 'twisted' - they hold true - as long as the focus remains on these, we will remain on track.

4 Likes

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:45pm On Jan 02, 2013
debosky: Interesting - I particularly was intrigued mazaje's post on this matter.

Yes - there is an element of 'preferential' reading amongst Christians, but that is simply a reflection a difference in emphasis, not a difference in the constitution/character of God as revealed in the bible.

Back to your example - while Ola may lay emphasis the justice/punishment characteristic of God, he does not deny that God is loving, and vice versa for Jesoul.

Now back to the general theme of 'twisting' - I posit that these are largely the grains of sand (areas of differing opinion/interpretation) amid the pebbles (main elements/central tenets of the Christian faith).

Yes, human beings (including Christians) can spend an unbelievable amount of time splitting hairs or discussing/disputing minor details, but that doesn't necessarily mean the central tenets are not agreed upon or clearly stated.

All Christians believe God created the earth and the universe, they believe Jesus came to die for our sins and was resurrected, they believe God spoke through the prophets, through the priests, through Israel till the time of Jesus. They believe there will be a final reckoning, a judgement.

These central tenets (and a few others I haven't mentioned) are what establish the Christian faith.

These tenets are the core issues, not whether Mark is in the 'old' or 'new' testament, not whether Jesus 'taught'/'supported' tithing or not, not whether God is a 'trinity' or a 'unity', not whether 'priests' should have wives or not, not whether Christians should drink alcohol or not, not whether only unleavened bread should be used for the Lord's supper or not, not whether you should 'celebrate' Christmas, not whether you should cross your legs in church, pray with your head covered/uncovered or any other 'controversy' or 'twisting' you can come up with.

Human beings like to focus on 'differences', but this doesn't change the core beliefs of Christians. Atheists love to ask close ended questions to 'prove' the 'twists' and 'contradictions' in the word, but the central tenets cannot be 'twisted' - they hold true - as long as the focus remains on these, we will remain on track.
The answer you did not provide. Which God you are talking about? The one God or Three God of trinity. Mind you, they are both christian god.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by MrAnony1(m): 2:47pm On Jan 02, 2013
cyrexx:

LOL.

Classic escapism and annoyism.

I refuse to take you as a sensible person too until you can define accurately for me what is the meaning of the word SENSIBLE.

Until then, I will just take you as an artful dodger who makes no sense when he argues.

LOL
Lol, this is just you being silly............I'll overlook it
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by MrAnony1(m): 2:47pm On Jan 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

lolz is Jesus man or God?

confusion begins
God in the form of a man.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 02, 2013
Mr_Anony:
God in the form of a man.

Wrong.

He is man in the form of God. grin

Every answer to "who is Jesus" is both right and wrong depending on where you stand n the trinity debate. Your answer can be voided by the oher side of the debate

1 Like

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by MrAnony1(m): 2:50pm On Jan 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Anony is here again with his deceitful claim o!!!
Which Bible is 66 books? Please try visit the catholic cathedral. Get the goodnews bible with 78 books. Please is that one a literature and not bible. Where is the apocrypha? Kindly read the footnote of Mark chapter 22 in boy revised standard bible and see how those slave masters added there own story from verse 19. Or provide the book of Enoch Paul quoted from in the book of jude verse 19. Is the apocrypha literature now huh? Anony no go make me laugh die o. Where is the Dead sea scroll in your bible? My man, Stop twisting and lying to defend bible.
Wow, so you have Mark chapter 22 in your bible?! That's interesting!
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by MrAnony1(m): 2:53pm On Jan 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Anony! Twist bible the way you like. It remains in Matthew 10:5-6 says : These twelve Jesus sent out, charging them, "Go nowhere among the Gentiles, and enter no town of the Samaritans, but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. I wonder cause you are not Israelite those disciples are send to.
And matthew 15:24 says He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Now tell me what your problem is. Atheist and Israelites should twist the bible not you.

Matthew 28:19-20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by MrAnony1(m): 2:54pm On Jan 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

Wrong.

He is man in the form of God. grin

Every answer to "who is Jesus" is both right and wrong depending on where you stand n the trinity debate. Your answer can be voided by the oher side of the debate
Your ignorance is showing...why don't you educate yourself on the person of Christ....go and read a bible
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by tchaik(m): 2:55pm On Jan 02, 2013
cyrexx:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I laugh soteey go jam Dangote truck!!!!!!!!!

TECHNICAL KNOCK OUT; FLAWLESS VICTORY

But bros you wicked shaa
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by cyrexx: 2:56pm On Jan 02, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, this is just you being silly............I'll overlook it

this explains why i chose to overlook your earlier silly questions.

LOL *I'm laughing in tongues*
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by debosky(m): 2:59pm On Jan 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:
The answer you did not provide. Which God you are talking about? The one God or Three God of trinity. Mind you, they are both christian god.

This is an example of the duplicitous 'yes or no' type question that atheists prefer. God is the creator of the universe, He is the one who sent Jesus his only begotten Son to save mankind, and He is the one who has provided His Spirit as our Comforter.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 02, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Your ignorance is showing...why don't you educate yourself on the person of Christ....go and read a bible

Yes, only a protestant would believe that a catholic for 22 years did not know Christ from the scriptures.
cheesy
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 02, 2013
debosky:

This is an example of the duplicitous 'yes or no' type question that atheists prefer. God is the creator of the universe, He is the one who sent Jesus his only begotten Son to save mankind, and He is the one who has provided His Spirit as our Comforter.

So Jesus is not God but only a son?

Sorry, that God doesnt reconcile with my new age pentecostal christianity cheesy
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by cyrexx: 3:14pm On Jan 02, 2013
See these confused people.

From the same bible you can "prove" that:

1. jesus is both god and son of god (he impregnated Mary and fathered himself)

2. matthew, mark luke and john is both new testament and old testament.

3. Hell fire is both eternal fire and temporary fire.

4. Holy spirit is both a person and not a person (active force).

5. Mary should be honoured and mary should not be honoured.

6. God commands you not to kill and at the same time he commands you to kill.

7. You should choose sunday and saturday as the sabbath day of rest

8. God want you to be rich and god want you suffer for him.

I can go on and on and on

They dont even read their bible for themselves except what their pastors teach them.

They are sheep indeed and their shepherds dont help matters. They care only for their pockets

Plaetton has correctly labelled christianity as a "Religion of Multiple Personalities"

1 Like

Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:19pm On Jan 02, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Wow, so you have Mark chapter 22 in your bible?! That's interesting!

sorry i meant Mark 16. Check the footnote bros. Check Revised standard version bible and confirm this.
Also you like playing dodging and escaping game. Provide the book of enoch in which Paul quoted Jude verse 14 from.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by debosky(m): 3:21pm On Jan 02, 2013
Logicboy03:
So Jesus is not God but only a son?

Sorry, that God doesnt reconcile with my new age pentecostal christianity cheesy

debosky:

This is an example of the duplicitous 'yes or no' type question that atheists prefer.

What matters is that Jesus is the Son of God - the sinless sacrifice for our sins - the mediator between us and the Father - the Messiah - the Christ. Whether you ascribe him the title 'God' is of lesser importance - that is something that your duplicitous nature refuses to understand.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:22pm On Jan 02, 2013
Mr_Anony:

Matthew 28:19-20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Anony just confirmly stand his twisting. You are dodging matthew 10:5-6 and matthew 15:24 to another verse. Is that verse lying or Jesus was sleeping when he mention the statement in Matthew 15:24. My man, dont twist, cant you see the thread topic.
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 02, 2013
debosky:

What matters is that Jesus is the Son of God - the sinless sacrifice for our sins - the mediator between us and the Father - the Messiah - the Christ. Whether you ascribe him the title 'God' is of lesser importance - that is something that your duplicitous nature refuses to understand.

mtchew
Re: Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:25pm On Jan 02, 2013
debosky:

Stamped. Jesus is God. Dont forget same God said you should not have any other God with him. Wow! Christianity is a joke. Thanks to your claim Jesus is god

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

God Wants Me To Kill My Dad / Proof Of Plagiarism In The Christian New Testament From The Jewish Old Testament / Believing Pastors Is Dangerous To Your Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.